Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #27

Default Babies Born May 2006 #27

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your Previous thread is HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Woohoo I get to be first this time - but only cos I got no life!

Sara, no offence, but are you sure they know what they're doing???? You've been in a terrible state, and that's how they deal with you? Glad you're getting some help though chickie!

Jodie259 Guest

I wish you could post photos on this site - I would love to see a before/after shot of your hair Kim... it sounds so drastic!

You should put an shot of your new hair on your msn/live web space! I want to see it!!!

I got my hair chopped this week... but nothing drastic. Just took heaps of weight off. Layered it up a bit.

God I am so over the m/s. But I'm not even 8 weeks yet - so this could go on for months!! I bloody hope not! I have to work tomorrow, which will be interesting. When I was pregnant with Shaun I would often leave a client 1/2 way through a wax, have a chuck, then return to finish the wax. They were very understanding. Thankfully I'm not chucking as much this time.

I have got so much washing to do it's not funny. I'll be telling my Dad & stepmum next time I see them (about the pregnancy) - and might ask her to do my ironing. She loves ironing. Especially Shauns clothes!

Talking of washing... I better go and put a load on. Or there will be nothing to iron!
    Hope you all have a great weekend.

No probs Sara.......Great to hear your not having a prem bub but I would be very careful still, you know your body.

I have no life either Kim....well at least this weekend I won't, might go look at a house tomorrow though.

I went home sick from work today, got a temp and my voice sounds like a 13yo boy LOL. I did some work at home though but least I could do it in my trackies hehe.

Well off to bed to watch Lost
    oxoxox

Heya Girls!

I had intended to do personals before but a certain little someone wanted all of my attention. Well he wanted to use me as a climbing castle anyway hehe!

We went out to a park in the city today and although tiring it was a really nice day. I finally got a few shots where you can see Emís toothy pegs Ė he wasnít smiling but its good enough for me LOL. He had a great time on the swing, the slide, the wooden car, the helicopter... lots of fun!!

It was cute because we drove down and Em had his cousin in the back with him (3 months older) and they were baby babbling to each other and then fell asleep.

Sara ~ I agree with Kim and they sound a bit dodgy to me. You know your body and ligament pain is entirely different to contractions. I hope the pain eases soon for you though Ė whatever it is.

Jodie ~ I found a heap of dummies on Emís cot as well LOL. I had wondered why the supply had dwindled LOL. ATM I have lost 2 bottles and I just cannot find them anywhere. Maybe I should check the cot again I hope that m/s eases off for you. I hated it when I was PG with Em!

Kim ~ How cute is your nephew saying that!! OMG @ Darcy climbing like that!! Em isnít a climber lol. Your hair sounds FANTASTIC!!! I was considering cutting my hair into the same style! Youíll have to let me know if its easy to manage!? Iím not sure I have the guts though as Iíve just managed to get my hair really long again! The mahogany colour sounds brilliant as well! I definitely want to see some pics emailed my way please

Christine ~ I agree with the others that you did the right thing. I remember my mum saying to me that you might not like me right now but I have to do this for your own good. Of course she was right but I remember being a royal b!itch over it at the time.

Tania ~ My mum swears the train is easy LOL. And she will be helping me after all! Sheís made every cake in the Womanís Weekly Cake book I swear!! Isnít it frustrating when you know they can do something and they wonít Ďperformí for anybody else!! Em does the same to me LOL. I hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Vic ~ Your ILís are being that bad again eh? What a royal PITA they seem to be! LOl @ shopping for Adam and getting stuff for the other kids!! Glad to hear that Hayley loved gymnastics. My nieces do that as well (6 & 4) and they love it!

Ange ~ Its so good to hear from you!! I still canít get over her hair in that ticker picture Ė its just gorgeous!

Alright I better get my butt into bed. I've worked the last 2 Saturdays so its nice to have one off finally!

Arrrgh, how do I stop her wanting to dig the dirt out of all the pot plants?????

You guys are going tohave to wait until I wash and dry my hair again, cos it's gone flat overnight.....

Good morning Girls! Looks like you are all sleeping in LOL
    Sara- I agree with the others, it sounds far worse than liagment pain, you should insist they look into it properly.
    Kim- I have no life either LOL What does Darcy think of your new haircut?
    Tania- are you buying a house? (sorry if i've missed something really obvious I'm brain dead these days) Hope you are feeling better soon, we all have some kind of bug too.
    Jodie- I only had m/s with Riley and it came as a huge shock! All the girls in my class (yr6) went home and told their mums they were never having a baby LOL Hope it goes away for you soon. PMSL at you leaving someone mid wax to spew! I wish you were near here, my legs need doing LOL
    Shazz- How is your big one year old going? Riley was 11 months yesterday, I can't believe how fast the time has gone.
    Nat- when is your prac? Have you got many more assignments due? Em is lucky to have a couin his age I was always close to my cousins. My kids have one cousin who is nearly 4 months old so Jess and Erin have noone their age.
    I made a Thomas the tank Engine cake for Jess' 3rd birthday and it turned out well, those cakes are easier than you think, its amazing how good they look with all the decorations.
    Well we have to drive to Newcastle today to pick up a part for DH's motorbike, its about 2 hours away so hopefully Riley will sleep. He is sitting under the computer desk atm shouting! he is a very loud baby- prob. cause he has older sisters! He is very busy too and likes to empty bookshelves and sweep everything off the coffee table. His cough is getting better, he loves the anti biotics and smacks his lips when I give them to him LOL
    Still haven't worked out what to do for his party, I really don't think our house is suitable for 8-10 under 1 yr olds but the weather is so unpredictable in May that I don't think I can risk the park and the local play cafe is $8.40 per hour for under 2s (RIP OFF!)
    Hope you all have a lovely saturday.

Morning Girls!

Shazz - Thanks heaps for that mate. Its does sound very similar although i don't think i am in as much pain as you were. I do hurt heaps sometimes but i can deal with it IYKWIM. I really don't know what to say to them. I don't want to argue and seem like the kinda person that WANTS something to be wrong with them. Thats not what i want, i just want to know exactly whats happening to my body. I was thinking the other day that if these pains were to continue like this for the remainder of my pregnancy surely they would be making some change to my cervix. I guuss i'll just have to try and take it as easy as i can.

Kim - Thats the problem with being a public patient i suppose. You can't pick and chose your Dr's if you needed to get a second opinion. I honestly think they have no idea what is happening to me. Because there has been no change to my cervix they automatically think that it has to be ligament pain. From what i have read from the wesbite i found on Irritable Uterus and from what Shazz has said i really think that i fall into this catagory. I am happy to deal with the pain throughout if thats what i have to do. I wish the diagnosis just made a bit more sense.

Can't suggest anything for the pot plants though! I just have been leaving Briley to play in the dirt and sand until she gets sick of it. So long as she does'nt try to eat to much of it then it can't hurt i reckon!

Tania - Hope you feeling better today hun!

Christine - WOW! A Thomas cake!! Sounds like fun! I would'nt be able to do anthing like that. Brent might be able to though. He is pretty handy in the kitchen! Oh and yeh Brent will be back on wednesday afternoon.

Hi to everyone else!

Oh and before i forget. The email i sent around the other day with the piccies....i sent it to Kellee aswell and she sent me an email back. She said to say hi too you all and that she has been very busy with work and all the rest. But she is doing well by the sounds of it.

Well i am feeling a little depressed today. Having Brent's parents here have made me miss his heaps. I feel like its not right that they are here and he's not. Normally when they are up here its a big family thing. And it makes it even worse that i am going to his Aunty Lisa's 50th tonight. I really just feel like breaking down and crying but would'nt dare while they are here! This morning i heard them talking in bed. It all started from their. Cause Brent and I normally get Briley in with us and lay in bed and talk for ages. I had Briley in with me thismorning but not him. I just have to get through the weekend and monday and tuesday and then he will be home.

Sorry girls! I seem to be whinging a lot lately don't i. I suppose this is the only place i can come and open up. I don't really talk to anyone else about my feelings too much. Anyways!

So yeah not much planned for the day. Brent's parents are going back into town shortly and then coming back this afternoon. Then we will all head in to the party. A day of rest will do me good for tonight. Briley will need to have a good sleep today too cause no doubt she will be pass the parcel tonight!

Ok i think i have raved on enough now! Hope you are all well.

Nat: The park sounds really good! I really should take Jayden, but by the time I am ready and have time its too hot, then time gets away from me and the mozzies are out!! Jayden finally took 4 steps for SIL#2 last night and a couple for PIL today YAY!! Hope you’ve enjoyed your day off today!!

Kim: Email some pics around once you’ve washed it….can’t wait to see it!! I have gotten rid of all the blonde foils I had and have gone brown but in the sun it goes a mahogany sorta colour….I wasn’t game enough to cut it too short though, so I just got short layers and kept the length.

Christine: I have been trying to convince Chris to sell the house we are in as its too small for a (hopefully) growing family. We found a 4br house up the road for $350k and it is perfect!! So cheap for what it is. I ended up looking at 3 houses today. One I love, one was pretty good and the other was way too small (that was sold anyway). I haven’t posted anything about us buying a house though haha. BTW I think you made the right decision re Jess, we have all hated our parents for setting boundries but we also got over it and turned out to be descent people. Hope Riley is feeling better…..Jayden is great with his medicine too he sees me with it and mouth opens and closes all the way over to me.

Vic: My nephew is 7 (nearly 8) and he struggles a bit with the listening when he goes to Auskick. One minute he wants to do it then the next he doesn’t. Will DH kick the footy around with him in the backyard or at the park? That might spark an interest for him (Dylan).

Sara: Whinge and vent as much as you like, that what we are here for!! I hope you get plenty of rest today and don’t do too much tonight….but have a good time of course. Only 4 more sleeps til Brent is home…it’ll fly by!!

I thought I was feeling better this morning but running around looking at houses etc has made me feel worse, but I don’t think I have a temp anymore. Jayden fell asleep in the car after the first house so I dropped him off at PIL so SIL’s and I could look at the other 2. I have put him down with a bottle about 20mins or more ago and he is still awake and playing in his cot…..I’m just going to leave him though, he needs the sleep!! Well I’m off to do housework and some cooking.

Man its quiet in here todaay!

WHERE ARE YOU ALL????

Tania - I hope you are feeling better soon! Briley does the same thing as Jayden. She plays in her cot for about 40 mins everytime i put her down for her day time nap. She goes straight down at night times though.

Well Briley ended up sleeping for 3 hours!!!! She musta known she was goin out partying tonight!! Now she is just cruising around the house getting into everything!!

hiya everybody
    how your weekends been? i have a sick little boy so our has stunk so far You know how i said Ryan crashed early last night so not a good thing he work up at 1 am then again at 3 am but then stayed awake arrgh everytime i have to work

Hi everyone. Lots to catch up on so will eventually catch up with personals.

Kim your hair sounds great. I can just imagine it. Boy you must look different. Will have to pop in for a cuppa one of these days so we can catch up. Seems like ages.

I've got a hair appt booked in for just before Katy's birthday - not sure what I am going to do. Probably just a trim and colour. I've been growing it for three years.

I asked for less hours. Just after we inherited 50 odd files from our Adelaide office. They were in a little bit of a mess. It's a no go situation, the part time work thing, so will just have to work it out some other way.

Thought I lost my wedding ring on Thursday. Could not find it anywhere. House looks like it has been burgled. (well maybe not that bad).
    Anyways, after going to bed with a migraine thinking about in on Thursday night, there it was sitting on my PC when I got to work yesterday. Must have taken it off to apply hand cream and then forget about it.

Phew.

Well going to BIL 's for dinner toniight, so best be getting organised.

Hi to everyone and enjoy your Saturday nights!

Hi everyone. We had a lovely day today, the drive was great, both kids slept (Jess was at work) we got the frame then went for a drive around newcastle. It seems like a nice place. We stopped at a beach and had hot chips for lunch and Riley and I fed the seagulls which amused him no end! Erin and DH went down to the water and E. paddled. Then we drove home and DH had a nap while E, R and I went down to my brother's ILs (a few houses down from us) and saw my sil and niece. Picked Jess up from work- she seems a little bit happier with me today.
    Leanne- Bummer no P/T maybe in the future? Do you have a job you could do PT in another workplace? Would you move? Hope you have a nice dinner tonight. Glad you found your ring too.
    Shazz- Riley and I were up watching TV at 1am its a shame you don't live close we couldve chatted LOL Hope Jayden feels better soon, Riley is much better now.
    Tania- WOW house prices are certainly better in Bundy than here! the small 40 year old 3 bdr timber house with no garage, next door to my dad's just sold cheaply for $495,000. We'll never afford a house without winning lotto LOL I hope you find something you like, and that Chris will agree to!
    Vic- having tired to teach soccer to 5 year olds I know exactly what it would have been like with Dylan! Even Erin's team last year were pretty much every man for himself and no team play! I tried to teach my class T-ball and they were fighting each other for the ball when they were all on the same team LOL I think team sports are usually easier once they start school. I must say I am like you, I just can't be bothered to drag myself around taking kids everywhere for sports etc LOL Jess' soccer is bad now its 45 minute halves and its always miles away.
    Jodie- what is this ironing you talk about???? I have heard of it but try not to actually do it myself!
    Sara- hope you got some rest today, whinge away freely cause i do and I feel better if other people join in! It must be weird having Brent's parents but not him there.
    Well I hope I have covered everybody, sorry if I missed anyone. Have a great sat. night I'm hoping for an early one!

Jodie259 Guest

hehehe you girls are funny.
    Before I had Shaun, I don't think I ever ironed anything. My ironing board was in pristine condition.
    But once he was born, I became fanatical about ironing. And I iron every single piece of his clothing - and even the cloth nappies - which we only use as dribble rags! Because I ironed his clothes, then I felt I had to iron Yariv's clothes too... and mine were in there, so I did them as well. So it became a bit of an obsession. Not sure if it will last. I look at my stepmum who I think is ironing every time we visit their house. I don't want to turn into her...

Talking of mums... my nutter mum (real one) phoned me tonight. Putting on some "posh" accent and trying to be as nice as she can be. I haven't spoken to her in about 6+ years, so it was a bit of a surprise. She's sent the odd email, and she claims she's sent me 4 emails without reply and wondered if I was getting them (I wasn't). Some other friend wasn't getting her emails either. Anyway, the phone conversation wasn't too stressful. But I do seem to have a headache now... Mmmmm....

Leanne... glad you found your wedding ring. It's a horrible thought when it's missing. I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring since 1/2 way through Shauns pregnancy because I swelled up so bad. Then I had gained so much weight. I wore it for a while, but it was cutting into my finger. Now that I'm pregnant again, it will be a long while before I get to put one on again. I was thinking to buy another one, just a plain band which will fit now... but Yariv said to wait until I can get into my original ring. I don't want to wear it around my neck because I don't like necklaces, particularly when I sleep.

Christine... glad Jess is not too angry with you. And your day at the beach sounds great. It poured with rain in Melbourne, which made 'headline' news because it's such a rare event nowadays.

Shaun's top tooth just cut through tonight... after two hours of hell from 3am-5am this morning. But it's just the tip of the tooth... so I wonder how much pain he will be in before the whole tooth comes through? Then we have to go through it all again with the next front tooth.

Jodie- fancy a holiday in Sydney to do our ironing???

OK so I took a photo and figured out how to upload it from the camera. It's REALLY bad, the photo. I have no makeup, not done eyebrows and flat hair that is tucked behind my ears (habit), but you get the idea of the length and colour.

Jodie - you sound like my mum! she irons everything!!!! Want to come and do 20 blue shirts - I'm so over them I can only do 5 at a time - and then there are the court pants.....ughh!

I love it!!! You look gorgeous.

Thanks Christine!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast