Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #3

Shan ~ You're not alone. I spent a few weeks there posting at similar times to you. Now its generally midnight which I'm appreciating LOL! I think the last of these nappies will be fine for now. But he'll be onto the next size up from the next lot I think! Wow is Matt growing fast!! And congrats on being back down to your pre-pregnancy weight. When I fell PG I was damn near anorexic (54kgs - way too light for my height and the Dr was trying to get me to put ON weight LOL) so I'm happy to sit any where from 57 - 60 kgs. Glad to hear you're having a nice relazing day! And you've got alot done! I love getting stuff done - I feel so much better LOL!

Ange - I wish I could get motivated too. But I've been naturally skinny all my life and never really had to work for it. I was going to the gym 5 times a week before I feel PG so I should probably try and do that again. I've got no self-discipline or motivation to do it at home! The sleep thing confuses me as well. I'm slowly learning what Em wants - slowly. This morning he was sooking and it took me awhile to realize that he was tired! I will get there though as will we all!

Baby_Crazy05 ~ Glad to hear that Jovi's needles went well and that she is still gaining weight - good little bubba!!!

Vic ~ Good to hear from you sweety! You sound like you've been run off your feet lately!?!?

Hi to Kellee, Sheree, Shazz , Karen and everyone else!!

I haven't done much today - having a bit of a lazy beginning to the week because the rest of the week is pretty full! I've got dinner tonight at a local cafe (its Maree Apples birthday Karen!) and then I'm going to the movies with a friend (Did you know that they allow babies into the movies at Gawler Karen??). Oh and I cleaned my vacuum head last night and the stuff that was caught in there was unbelievable LMAO!! So gross.... I'll try and pop back in later tonight before I put Em down!!!

I'm supposed to have my 6 week check tomorrow as well, but trying to get into my doctors surgery is so hard, so I'll wait and do two or three things in one go.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Neverplan - Jovi was born 3203 grams when she was born, but she lost too much weight in her first week mainly due to jaundice (which the hospital didn't worry about, but when we went to my dr's 2 days after beig discharged she said that we shouldn't have been allowed to go home and she probably should've gone under the lights for a while). I managed to get her up to 3600g and then we were away for a couple weeks.

When we went back to the drs at 6 weeks she had dropped all the way back to her birth weight. So she's been on the bottle ever since and has put on a kilo in 3 weeks and is doing much better.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls,
    Haven't been posting for awhile, my internet explorer hasn't been co-operating lately. I could get into BB, but couldn't load any threads it was taking forever....tonight it seems to be working. I swear my computer is male...it can't do more than one thing at once. LOL

Scrappy ~ did I say in a previous post that I was returning to work??? OMG that is the last thing on my mind. I'm enjoying being a SAHMummy to much. Good one @ getting a digital camera. I love mine, forever taking pictures.

Angelique ~ Tummy time is really good for babies to strengthen their neck and upper body muscles. Great for them to learn to roll over as well. I use tummy time in my Feed-Play-Sleep pattern for my daughter. If it isn't something you don't want to do right now you don't have too. What ever you are comfortable with doing.

Baby Crazy ~ Good to hear that Jovi is doing so well with her weight gain and didn't cry very much when having her needles. Phoebe was suppose to have hers today, but I had to cancel as my car broke down and toke 5 hrs for the mechanic to fix it. Going in on Thursday...definately not looking forward to it.

Shan ~ Sounds like you had a great day today. It is nice to have a clean house and everything done. It's amazing how much you can cram into a day when you set your mind to it. I definately need a day like that.

Delta ~ best of luck for the 6 week check up tomorrow. Yes time does fly. Sad in a way though.

Well Phoebe seems to be a fan of music. (Kellee will love to hear that) Last night Phoebe just wouldn't settle after having a decent feed and being awake on and off for quite a few hours. My DH was out in the kitchen with the radio going. He took her in there with him and within 5 minutes she was sound asleep. Then later that night she woke for her last feed for the day and again I couldn't settle her. I was going back into do some scrapbooking, so took her in with me in her rocker and put some music on the computer and you guessed it 5 minutes later she was fast asleep. I have a CD of nursery rhymes played by a orchestra that I use to play in my sons room when he was a baby...it didn't really make much of a difference with him but I think that I will have to put it going in my room, by her cot and see if the music continues to be a success with settling. I have done the same tonight and again success...just too good!!

Hello to anyone I have missed....Take Care X
    Last edited by MUMMY4LIFE; July 4th, 2006 at 11:03 PM.

Hi again girls, I have just realised I missed a heap of your posts. I only read page 1, not page 2...lol

Lea ~ God haven't seen Maree in such a long time, how is she going?? I had no idea that they let you take babies into the movies...how cool is that. Have to mention that to DH.

Ange ~ Sleep can be a little tricky at times. I have found that since Phoebe started sleeping all night that she began to sleep less during the day. Every baby is different. Some require more sleep, while others can get by on very little sleep during the day. Have you tried the Feed-Play-Sleep daytime pattern. It works for us, but I guess unfortunately it doesn't for ever one....worth a try I suppose.

Right....I think that just about covers it.

angelique Guest

Hi Everyone,

Mummy for life- Yes, I do the feed play sleep thing but she gets cranky very often. How good that your little one is sleeping though the night!! Wish I had that much luck. I am putting her on the Tizzie hall routein to see if she can sleep and settle better. I am still finding it extremely hard in the evenings and last night she would not go to sleep till after 11pm. It was really hard. I hope this does not go on for much longer, it is just too exhausting. My mum recons she may be teething as she is not eating well and is dribbling quite a bit. May have to take her to the doctor tomorrow.

I am a big fan of sounds of silence CD. Sometimes it is the only thing that will settle my daughter. I recommend it to anyone although the sounds could drive you mad!!

Neverplan - yes, my baby is sleepy at the wrong times of the day!!

Lea13 - I agree, one day of another we will all get used to eveything, still early days.

Wow you can all talk.

Well we had our 6 week check up yesterday for me: (gyno) and for Lachie (paedatrician) and we had our child health nurse appt. Big day!

For me, well looks like I might be forming an absys in the deeper layers of my wound. Before my skin had a reaction to the superficial layers of the stitches, but now it appears it might be deeper now. He didn't explain alot to me as usual, but basically said if it is no better in 6 weeks (what tha.... like I haven't waited long enough to recover), then he is going to operate again!!!! Golly gosh I am so fed up with this. I was given a papsmear and have been put on the mini pill.

As for Lachie, the paedatrician agreed that Lachie has reflux but upped the dosage to 10ml's a day (5ml's x 2 times a day - GOSH WHAT A STRUGGLE), previously the CHN had only diagnosed 2ml's per day (1ml x 2 times a day). I am going to get the chemist to make it up more concetrated next time so I don't have to give 5ml in one hit, boy what a struggle. Even tried it in a medicine dummy and he drank half but once realised it was not mummy's milk he basically told me to get stuffed in a baby like way. So anyways the paedatrician said that seing as he started the medication 2 weeks ago and am only just seeing some progress now, that the losec will work and upping the dosage will work wonders, if I see no progress in 10 days I am to ring him and go and see him asap. The paed is also checking out if he is lactose intolerant, so have to collect a poo sample, oh joy!

I still think we have issues with flow and positioning that I could help lachie not to be so chucky, but will wait till this 10 day period has lapsed before I go and chat to a lactation consultant, as I always seem to be doing everything at once and get confused with what is working and what is not. Also feel he has a touch of colic but again will see what transpires from this medication, hopefully it just fixes everything.

Emma just to let you know re: chucky babies they are particularly keeping an eye on us as Wade as a 6 week old baby had to have an operation on his stomach as he wasn't keeping anything down and he nearly died. The condition was called "Phyloris Stenosis". So as long as Lachie is weeing and pooing and gaining weight, no matter how much he is chucking my mind is at ease. The occasional projectile vomit is ok, but when they are projectile every feed there is a need for major concern. They told us there is a debate as to whether this condition is hereditory, but we would be very very unlucky, so fingers crossed.

At the CHN appt, Lachie is now 8lb 7oz, so he has only put on 6oz in 2 weeks, which I am guessing is ok as she was happy with that, just doesn't seem like much in a two week period. So basically in 6 weeks he has put on 2lb 2 oz. He is still such a fine boy, guess he is just going to be a skinny baby. The CHN was even worried about where we are going to put the needles into his legs as there aint much fat at all. His HC is now 38cm and his length is now 53.5 (at the CHN) and 55 (at the paedatrician) - they all measure differently.

So hopefully this higher dose medication will see to a happier baby.

Oh and also I have reached the safety net with medicare so I put in a claim for $350 yesterday and got $266 back instead of the expected $95, cool hey! Apparently once we start collecting the Family Tax Benefit the threshold then goes from $1000 to $500. So as you can imagine I was all smiles walking away from there.

Oh and we don't do the feed/play/sleep thing, we try but he just won't go to sleep only after a feed, so he stays awake till next feed, or only cat naps, and then will go to sleep after next feed. But we are working on it.

Also am finally getting my $3000 and appears my fortnightly payment will be $187. So that will be a nice bonus.

Go the maroons tonight. Go you good things!

Think that is all my news, sorry for the long post and thank you for reading.

Hope you are all well and enjoying your bubbas, they are all so cute, I have updated our website if anyone wants to take a peek.

Well I went to reply last night and OMG – all hell broke loose!! I thought Em was still hungry after finishing 120ml bottle so I got another one and started feeding him that – after 20mls he opened his mouth and let rip. I thought he had wind so I started winding him… 2 burps later and the screaming was still going on. And I‘m talking screaming not crying lol which he has never done before. So I went to change him and as soon as I put him down the screaming got louder and came out in strange short painful spurts. At this stage I thought I’d some how hurt him or he’d been bitten by something… So he’d been screaming like this non-stop (boy did he have a red face lol) for just over ½ an hr I rang DP. We actually couldn’t hear each other because Em was so loud but I got I’ll be there in 20. And of course because I had actually asked someone for help – 3 minutes after I hung up he just suddenly stopped… so I called DP back and said hey I think its ok now lol. He whinged for another ½ hr then had his second bottle while winging lol and then went to sleep… so 2 bottles in 2 hours!? Strange little baby. So that was my first ‘moment’ as such lol.

Mummy ~ Maree is good and last night was good as well – we had my mum, Lynette H and Amy S there as well. That’s great you’ve found a techinique to settle Phoebe. Em settles really well with his Winnie the Pooh monitor on which is great. You can take them into any session apparently and Em was great! Plus on Tuesdays its on $6 so with a drink and popcorn it only cost me $11! Which I think is great

Vic ~ We saw RV – it was very bad! Emerson slept the whole time which was great! And so much for us motivating you lol – last night I went to the chemist and went next door and got 2 chocolate milks, a 6 pack of donuts, a packet of mini wagan wheels and a trifle cup…. What a pig lol!!! As soon as its all gone I’m not buying anymore crap lol!!

Bellasman ~ You’re looking hot!

Baby_crazy05 ~ Em put on 900g in 3 weeks aswell and I think that was before his growth spurt! It was good chatting to you on MSN as well.

Ange ~ Emerson is generally awake from about 6 through till 12 just catnapping. At 12 he’ll go down for his long sleep. Are you trying to enforce a routine or are you just going with what she wants?

Hi to Shazz (Where are you sweety?), Kellee, Sheree and everyone else! I’m off to go visit DP at work!

ETA - Hi Sheree can't reply now but I'll BBL and read your post hun!

Nat - you poor thing with Em screaming that is my life all the time with Lachie and his reflux, but hopefully those days are gone!

Vic you are a miracle mum. I can't imagine having other children with a sick refluxy/colicky baby. Guess I should be thankful. hehe.

Lea I just checked out your website how cute Emerson is. Has a real mowhawk thing happenin, nearly as much hair as Lachie too. He is just beautiful and almost as a newborn has a bit of a pixie look about him, like Lachie. You have changed your hair colour, have you not? You look better with a bit of weight too honey, such a beautiful mother, I thought b4 you were preggas you were very skinny. You look great!
    Last edited by Trillian; July 5th, 2006 at 04:12 PM. Reason: two posts in a row

Nat and Sheree you guys both look fab!

Vic - the park counts as exercise after all the cake doesn't o**** then and you still got to eat it! Darcy doesn't have much hair either and what she was born with is falling out, though there is fair hair growing in the bald patches...LOL

Nat Darcy and Em could almost be related seeing as they look so similar in some of Em's photos (only joking but it's uncanny!).

Sheree you sound heaps better. Sounds like you've gotten into your groove.

Ang - I tried the routine thing too, but Darcy won't do it, so I just take her cue (although we have been awake since pretty much 1.30am).

Allison, I haven't forgotten to send that stuff, I just can't get to the post office until Tuesday OK?

I' ve been walking every day (like Allison???) and have to say I look forward to it too. Now I just need to pick the image up off the floor and get out of my trackies all the time...

Shan between you and Nat I have been inspired and have been much more industrious this week. I have even done my eyebrows and dyed my hair! A little job every now and then adds up to a lot at the end.

We have a wedding (yes another one) on Saturday and I am busil trying to make a top (Nanny might have to babysit a while). And Kmart are haivng their toy sale this week with no deposit layby til Chrissie. Our local one opens at midnight....might go if I'm awake....Definitley going to layby some stuff. I can't wait till she can have Barbie and Cabbage Patch and lego and My Little Pony and.....yes I''m 5 at heart LOL!

Heard a great Quote this morning about lifes passions
    "If you don't live for something, you die for nothing"

Hi Girls,

I must admit that the Feed-Play-Sleep pattern/rountine, didn't work very effectively when my son was a baby. It really didn't start to work until he was 4mths old and even doing that he still woke a number of times during the night. It wasn't until I introduced a roll over feed at 10pm that he began to sleep through and that was at 10mths. My daughter has taken to it really well, which is such relief. I still remember all to well what it is like to be sleep deprived....how it affects your life. I remember with Samuel I would be sitting up in bed at 3am feeding him and I would just be so exhausted, I would nod off to sleep. I would wake a short time later and would be so confused and disorentated that I didn't know if I had finished feeding or just beginning. LOL The advice out there is endless and can be daunting and confusing. Babies can be funny little creatures, but unfortunately don't come with an instruction manual.

Take Care X

Sheree ~ So good to hear from you hun and hear that you are going so well. Ouch @ the abyss I do hope it clears up for you and you don’t need surgery! Yay for having the dosage of the medicine put up – I do hope it works wonders for the little man and as a result you get some sleep!!! And woot for the extra unexpected cash! It’s always such a nice bonus isn’t it? Em is exactly the same with feeds and awake time etc… he generally has his big sleep at night and the morning and then will cat nap all afternoon and then be awake from around 6ish till he goes down for his big sleep again. OMG I can’t believe the hair on your little Lachlan – its amazing!! And you are looking great – I loved the picture of Wade with Lachlan on his chest and the ones of Lachlan with you – just too gorgeous!!! You must be so proud!!! And if Em screamed like that all the time I’d be at my wits end so you’re doing a great job I think!!! And yes I changed my hair colour – went from blonde to a browny red LOL. Its easier and cheaper to maintain then the blonde. I actually prefer it to be honest. Thanks so much as well – I was definitely too skinny before and I’m not going to drop down to that weight again. You’ve made my day by saying all that!!

Vic ~ Funny you say that about good/bad babies and first/second ones LOL. I’ve heard so many people say that if they had their second child first they wouldn’t have had any more LMAO!! I can make you feel better if you like… I just finished off the packet of Wagon wheels LOL. I’m blaming it on AF! Next week I’ll be an angel… I promise!! I hope all those sick kids get better and that you don’t get it either! It sucked big time when Em & I were both sick! And Sheree is right – miracle mum indeed!!! Thanks for looking at the site too – I was amazed at how much hair he had as I was expecting a baldy. I’m also amazed that he hasn’t lost any of it like everyone said he would!

Mummy ~ I know about that disorientated feeling LOL. When I was breastfeeding I could never remember which breast I had finished off on last time… confused the hell out of myself. Tried to use bracelets on my arm to remember but I got confused with that as well! Wouldn’t it be great if they came with a manual LOL!?!?

Kim ~ Thanks for the compliments!! And that’s funny about the similarities!! Darcy looks gorgeous in her pics!! I do love walking – its just so cold here!! YAY for having done your eyebrows and dying your hair!!! How exciting – I love it LOL!! Though I must admit my eyebrows need a little work ATM. I hate waiting to have them waxed but I’m rather lazy with plucking as it hurts LOL!! The Kmart sales are crazy aren’t they? I should go and put some stuff on layby actually… I’ve got the catalogue right here! I think that will be my homework for tonight! I can’t believe you have another wedding! And how true is that quote?! – Thanks for sharing it!

If anyone can tell I’m actually posting with 2 hands LOL. My little piglet is playing on his play mat hitting his toys and talking to himself! He has only just started making noises these past few days – I will probably regret saying this but I can’t wait till he’s making more noise and I can interact with him a little more!

Well today I went had the implanon implant put in (no more 'mistakes' here LOL) and TBH I didn't really want it in and I feel guilty for some reason... I'm not really sure why. But I can't chance going back on the pill again because it didn't work last time and next time I have a baby I want (more then anything in the world) for it to be planned. I love Emerson so so much and wouldn't change anything in the world but its been hard having people around me be negative during the PG. Next time I want to make an announcement and have positive responses etc. Not that it was all bad this time but .... oh you all KWIM LMAO!! You've been there with me through this whole journey so you know what I'm trying to say! So yeah the implant is in - doesn't help that I'm queasy either LOL but it wasn’t too bad in the end.

Then I took Emerson to see his Daddy at work. And as usual a visit to work meant I was there for a few hours to catch up on the goss etc etc. Em slept the whole time!! I think it was the car drive up that made him sleepy!! Other then that not much really going on. Dinner last night was great - I had Penne Prawns and Calamari in a sweet chilli creamy sauce. It was delicious! Even better my mum paid LOL! Then I went to the movies to see RV and it was really really crap... but we had fun all the same. Emerson slept in our arms the whole time - didn't hear a peep out of him the little angel!

Well tonight is really crappy tele night so I've got some paperwork and other stuff to catch up on so I might do that. I think Emerson is going through a growth spurt as he just keeps wanting more and more bottles LMAO!!

Have a great night ladies!

i agree Lea and sheree you both look fab ..... Oh i gotta start walking

Hi Girls,
    Nat ~ so be honest, did having the implant hurt. I am such a sook. I'm thinking about having it done too or alternatively going on the mini pill. Like you..'NO more unplanned bubby's'. Samuel was very much planned and Phoebe was a surprise. I don't think there will be anymore for me, but DH will not entertain the idea of having the snip. mmmmmm wagon wheels....sorry to hear your AF has returned.

Scrappy ~ a wedding....love them, I haven't been to one in ages. LOL @ (5 at heart) me too, I can't wait until Phoebe is old enough to play with all that stuff. There is soooo much I want to buy her...way too much to choose from.

Hi to all I have missed.....Take Care X

I had a really mixed day today i took my 2 older kiddies to the movies today and Ryan was babysat by my sister ( first time he has been left with anyone other then DH ) i was fine till i got into the cinema then the anxiety crept in i couldn't wait for the movie to be over and i could get home to him that 40 min drive home near killed me i did enjoy the movie ( Adam Sandlers new one CLICK it has it all )even though i kept checking my mobile which i had on vibrate just in case. maybe next time i willl relax a little more

i wish i had some $$$$$$$$ for the toy sales dam it why do they always start sales on my off pay week
    Last edited by Trillian; July 6th, 2006 at 08:56 AM. Reason: two posts in a row

Hi All,

Shazz - I had to laugh at the anxiety thing - I still feel a bit anxious when I leave DD with DH ( not that I should be worried its the guilt that sets in) So was the film worth it then?

Scrappy - Myer has a huge sale starting today as well. The ads reckon it is going to be bigger than the stocktake sale!

Vic - I cracked up at Mel riding Adam like a horse because last week when mum was here I heard her yell out 'get off him he isnt a horse' to my DD. Apparently she tried to mount him to ride him in his rocker. Glad to hear the kids are feeling a bit better.

Mummy - I had a Miruna IUD for almost 5 years. I loved it. It has a tiny bit of hormone in it which is released for the whole time it is in. As a result I had almost the whole time of NO AF wooohooo! I had a bit of continuous bleeding when it was first inserted but nothing after about 4 months. There is a www for it so I think it is worth a thought as well. I am getting it in again when I go to the Dr for my check up. No more babies for us I dont think which I feel somewhat disappointed about. DH wants to have a life again??? As for the roll over feed - you jogged my memory. I have just tried it with Matty and am still waiting for him to go to sleep. I was very good and didnt use the lights or anything but he obviously didnt want to make it too easy for me. I can hear him grunting and groaning away. As long as him dummy stays in then he will be fine.

Lea - Gotta love the car rides - lots of sleep.

I tried to post this afternoon and had quite a post happening but when I tried to post I think Belly buddies website must have been down as it just stayed idol and then timed out. Subsequently I lost all the info Oh well.

I put DD to bed at 530 this evening as she was really grizzly and showing every tired sign in the book. She rewoke at 8pm really up set and when I went into her she was burning up with a fever. I dosed her with panadol and let her stay up for an hour before putting her to bed again. She went down really well thankfully. Once again I felt guilty after brushing off this behaviour as annoying and tired. Poor little tot was getting sick. But I recall Vic say earlier there is generally a reason they cry and I always seem to work it out after the act when they are generally showing obvious sick signs.

Arghhhh the joys of being a mum.

Well almost 2am and trust me I seem to need my beauty sleep more and more these days. My looks seem to be directly proportional to the amount of hours sleep I got the night before!

Be good

Hi Shan it was a good movie i love adam sandlers movies it was quite sad at the end i even shed a tear i'm glad i didn't let my other 2 kids down so i would say my bit of anxiety was worth it
    you had me cracking up up at
    "I cracked up at Mel riding Adam like a horse because last week when mum was here I heard her yell out 'get off him he isnt a horse' to my DD. Apparently she tried to mount him to ride him in his rocker."

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast