Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #41

Default Babies Born May 2006 #41

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your Previous thread is here

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

WOW! Is that all we can manage! LOL!

Where is everyone???

I can't believe i missed my 1000'th post!!!

Well i am off to mothers group tomorrow. Need to get up earlier to get prepared!

Talk to you all then

Ciao!

Oh no I can't remember all the posts!

OMG Sheree, I hope you guys are ok! The storm, the smear, the discharge......I hope everything turns out ok for you....I'm always here if you need me!

Sara: We have Austar too, Jayden loves Little Einsteins, he will stop whatever he is doing (in whatever room) and run to do the pat pat pat and hands up in the air thing, he even says pat pat pat now. He loves ooh and Arr aswell he goes nuts when it says "spin the wheel" and he does the actions when they say "wave your arms around and make a monkey sound...." I love that channel haha not fussed on Doodlebops though....but Jayden loves it haha. Can't wait to see those pics!
    NOthing new or exciting happening here....although I gave Jayden a "talking" to tonight about hitting a little girl at FDC.....I asked if he liked her and he said no, then i said that Lily is a sweet little girl and asked him again and he smiled and said Yeahh. Then I asked him if it was ok to hit Lily....he looked down then back at me and said no. I told him that it makes Lily sad and cry and it makes mummy sad and cry too....He really looked like he understood, he had the most serious face and he kept looking down then back at me with his eyes nearly full of tears...I felt a bit bad but hopefully he understood. I know someone who's 20mth old son has been suspended from day care for 4 weeks for bullying....Not that it would happen to Jayden but I don't want him to be a bully all the same...I have no idea where he gets it from as Chris and I are not like that at all, neither are the kids at FDC...who knows.

Hi to everyone I missed....sorry I will catch up eventually (I'm a little addicted to face book now!)

Ok I'm off to bed nighty night

hi all
    Ryan Loves the doodlebops i can't say i have ever watched it with him but my 13 year old DD gets around singing the songs all the time so it must be catchy

Hi all

I am still here... I have two assignments left YAY!

Hugs to you all - especially Ellissa, Sheree and Sara.

YAY Shazz for getting into uni that is fantastic!

I have been reading and you have all been in my thoughts. Please don't think I don't care because I really do!

Will be back online properly week after next!!! But until then...

much love and kisses!!!

sara - i am really happy for both you and Brent, great that you are feeling so positive about becoming a doula it must be SO exciting to find a job you are so passionate about! Hope Brent enjoys the new job too.

tania - im sure Jayden isn't a bully its just a stage toddlers go through learning how much power they can have over others and what others reactions are etc, he will grow out of it, sounds like he understod every word you said to him, clever boy.

shazz - woohoo on uni!!!

nat - hugs and kisses to you too!!!! Only 2 assignments to go YAY!

Off the our family reunion tomorrow lunch time, really excited (and nervous) about catching up with everyone and having some fun, Archie is gonna have an absolute ball with all the little kids to!

I am super organised for once. Just booked accomodation for my cousins wedding in February, hows that for forward planning! We will stay in a 2 bedroom cottage, sounds really great and only $90 a night.

i had the worst nightmare last night....dreamt that Archie died somehow and DH couldn't handle it and decided to break up with me, he wouldn't even look at me i woke up bawling my eyes out. What was really strange though was just before i woke up i dreamt that i was standing in the street with tears running down my cheeks and this lady looked at me and said "you do know that you have a white light surrounding you don't you?" i had no idea what she was on about so i asked her and she said "its a really bright white light around you, it means there is happiness for you in the future". it was such a horrible vivid dream, but that lady's face has been stuck in my mind all day....spooky.

Hi girls,

Elissa - Wow! That is a spooky dream. Maybe you should go and have a reading done and describe the dream to them. They might be able to desifer(sp??) it for you! I have dreamt that my brother died. He fell out of a boat we were fishing in and drowned. I was swimming under the water trying to find his body. It was horrible. And like you, i woke myself up bawling my eyes out. Thats happened twice. The last time i dreamt that Brent died. It leaves you feeling so lost and distraught. The feeling feel so real don't they. Did they lady look familiar??? I have heard of people saying that they see the family members in their dreams. Those are supposed to be messages from the "other side". Do you believe in all that??? Have a great time at your family reunion!

Tania - Oh i had to laugh the way you were describing Jayden running to watch something on the TV! Briley does exactly the same thing. And she LOVES the Dooblebops!! She call them the "Bops!" LOL Sometimes when i am BF Colby i have to sit their and watch the stuff. I so think the blue one, Mo i think his name is, is a little on the you-know-what side!!! Briley is really into the Wiggles too and i am pretty much always walking around with a damn Wiggles song in my head! I stop sometimes and think "What the hell am i singing?!?!?" OMG @ that child for being suspended already!!! Look out primary and high school kids!!! I will get around to those pics soon...promise!

Nat - Great to hear from you hun. I bet you'll be glad once those assignments are handed in!!! The weight of the world will be off your shoulders i am sure! Take Care hun. Hugs and kisses you and Em both!

Well Brent and i got our costumes for my mums 40th this weekend! Its a 60's theme fancy dress if i forgot to tell you all. Brent is going as Bob Marley!!!! And i am going as a hippy! Orginal i know but my outfit is pretty hot. I am wearing a full-peice jump suit!!!! LOL!!! I will def send some pics around afterwards.

Mothers groups was good. Much smaller than last week. And.....I have 2 mums lined up who want me as a Student Doula!!! YAY!!!!! I am so excited. Only problem is they are due within 10 days of each other!!! They are both in my mothers group. So i have plenty of time and opportunities to get too know them.

When i talked with Phillipa yesterday, she said that i would be able to attend a few births with her just as an "observer". I am so looking forward to learning all about it!

Well i better get this dinner finished. We have having silveside and vegies! Mmmm mmmm!

BBL maybe!

Hi all
    I have heard alot about the doodlybops, but have not seen it before. Might have to ivestigate.

Hi to everyone.
    Big :hugs: to you Sheree, thinking of you heaps.
    And :hugs: to everyone.

I've had a huge week at work and am stuffed, so off to bed.
    Nite.

Mwwah!

Jodie259 Guest

Just a quick one again.

I've been so tired, and so stressed out the last few weeks.
    We were meant to settle on the sale of my salon today - but there were delays getting the lease organised... and a few other little things. So we decided on next Thursday. Then the new owner springs it on me that she insists I fire all 3 of the staff... and she will re-hire them. I had already agreed to pay out their holidays - and one girl has worked 7 years and I will pay out her long service leave. So there really was no reason to fire them. But she kept on insisting. Then yesterday, I found out that I had to give one girl 3 weeks notice, and the other 4 weeks notice - or pay those weeks out. There was no way I was going to pay out an additional 8 weeks pay just because this new owner wanted them fired and it done immediately. So I put my foot down and said "I do not have to fire them. You gain nothing from me firing them as I am paying out all their entitlements. But if you insist on me firing them - there are two choices: You pay out the 8 weeks termination notice payments - or we defer the settlement for 6 weeks... ie: mid December... as 4 weeks will be the day I give birth". Well... that got a result. I got an email saying "you don't have to fire the staff. We'll settle next week". November & December are two of the busiest months of the year. She would lose around $50,000 income in those two months. Now we are just waiting on the leases to get organised, which should be this week.

Today I picked out some tiles for our kitchen floor... and Yariv claims he will do the tiling on Saturday. Personally, I think he's dreaming! Particularly if he's thinking of doing it alone. But he's on a mission. The laundry cabinets & benchtop are being installed tomorrow. We've had two skips in our driveway, and we've spent the last 2-3 nights filling them up. Slowly, slowly the house is coming together. Last weekend we bought a new fridge, dishwasher and 60" plasma TV. But can't get them delivered until the tiles are in the kitchen. Because Yariv wants the TV... it's motivation to get the tiling done

Yariv's mum will be here in 3 weeks! Baby will be here in less then 4 weeks! Scary!!! So many people say I'm huge (sorry - no photos... must get around to it - in my 'spare' time!). I'm convinced I'm going to go early. My stepmum predicted the 10th November! Forget that!!! I just hope MIL is here for the birth... so I've got to keep baby in until the 21st at least. It kicks the crap out of me all the time. And my stomach is getting really heavy. I feel like I've got to hold my stomach when I walk. Having said that... i jumped on the scales yesterday dreading the figure. And so surprised to see I haven't put on too much weight. From the time I got pregnant to now - is only 5 kilos. So in reality - I've lost weight in the last 8 months. With Shaun I piled on 25-30kg. So it's a nice surprise to not gain so much this time. But I eat like crap, and never exercise. But it's stress, moving house & carrying Shaun around all the time that has maintained my weight.

Shaun is doing okay. Cut two molars last week. He's been so cute lately, imitating Yariv so much. Always carrying a screwdriver around with him. Today Yariv emptied the rubbish bins, and took one outside. So Shaun grabbed the other rubbish bin and tried to drag that to the front door. Mind you, not so cute yesterday when my keys disappeared. Yariv & I searched high & low. I was starting to panic because I don't have a spare car key, and our front door opens by keyless remote control. Yariv finally found the keys & a dummy.... There had been two rolls of cable and shaun had dropped them down the 'hole' in the centre. I would never have looked there. And there was a million places that he could have hidden them in the house.

Can't really do much personals... I'm so ready to go to bed...

But Christine - I can relate to "feeling old" when hearing about Sara's mum! I'll be 40 in a few months!
    And Sheree - that storm must of been terrifying. Glad you're okay. How did Lachie cope with it?
    Sara - my step-mum went back to work 6 weeks of giving birth. She is a great mother, and her kids are terrific. So if you have to go back to work - then so be it. But if Brent has a new job - that's even better!
    Elissa - that is a really spooky dream. I'm glad I never remember my dreams. And I've been too tired lately to even have any. I think I had some weird dreams when I was pregnant with Shaun.
    Nat - good luck with your assignments. Will be a relief when it's over!
    Tania - I can relate to the 'hitting'. Shaun just lashes out for no reason. And he thinks it's funny. I hope he's not a terror at day care... they never say anything. I love your little talk to Jayden.

Hi to all those I've forgotten to mention... and hugs to everyone!

I'm knackered. I'm off to do the dishes then go to bed. Hopefully before midnight!!!

mwa to you all.

xxxxxxxx

Jodie259 Guest

hehehe... just looking at the first line I wrote "quick one"... yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhh I can't wait till bubby arrives Jodie. Gosh some people have no idea do they. She just wanted to make your life difificult right when you don't need that right now. You take care of yourself phhhhleaasssseeeeeeeee

Morning Girls,

Jodie - Oh hun you sound like you are so busy. I really hope your not pushing yourself too hard. In saying that, your body seems like its coping really well. I had to be admitted to hospital with Colby just for walking around the yard! I am so proud of you for standing up to the new owner. Good on you! How rude of her to ask you to do her dirty work. Kinda odd that she was going to re-hire them anyways! What is with that??? The house sounds like its turning into a beautiful family home! Yariv is a very motivated man is'nt he! Shaun sounds so cute. Briley does little things like trying to carry the laundry basket around. They are cute hey! I bet you can't wait til MIL arrives. At least she might be able to give you a break. Only 4 weeks till bubby arrives! I can't wait either! You have my number for when the big day arrives. I will be waiting on your text!!!

Well some of my family arrived today for mums party so i think we will go in and see them today. Brent has an interview for that job. He also got 1 week of bobcat driving for next week so thats good.

Well Colby has just woken up so i have to go and feed her.

Have a great day girls!

Hi all i'm off to bed in a sec thought i'd better pop in sent of my application for uni today i can't believe i'm actually doing it OMG lucky my DD is in highschool i'll be stealing her maths and science books for a bit of revision soon ok happy weekend and talk to you soon

Hi all
    spent my second night in a row on the sofa thanks to a very grumpy young man i don't know what his problem is he hasn't slept through for over a month now it is killing me all over again

where are you all

Well i am discharging more now and I am getting a bit worried it is more redish now. God only knows what is going on!!! This is really stressing me....... Why of why can I not just have an easy pregnancy for once. My nipples aren't even sore anymore

Jodie259 Guest

oh sheree... I hope everything is okay. It's hard for you not to stress... but try not to.

Shazz... I can relate to the sleepless nights. I even took shaun to the GP last week (who is also the sleep school doc) because shaun's sleeplessness is really getting to me. Last night we had to pick him up from my Dads house at midnight (he went down to sleep there at 8pm). From midnight to 3am he was awake, and mostly crying. He was so tired, but he didn't want cuddles, or to lie down, bonjella didn't help... Maybe it's an age thing?

we're making a little more progress on the house. Plumber & electrician came today. Laundry cabinets/bench didn't. Yariv claims he is going to tile the kitchen floor tomorrow. If not, we have public holiday on Tuesday... although he has to work on monday

I'm off to give shaun a bath.
    Hope you all have a great weekend. Sending positive/sticky vibes your way sheree....

mwa
    Jodie
    xx

Well try 5-6 times a night ladies. Lachlan has been waking this much for atleast 5 months now!!!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast