Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #45

Lorelle ~ i also have quick births my first wasn't too bad exactly 12 hours 2nd 1 hour 56 mins from first pain to birth Ryan 2 hours 20 mins from them breaking my waters to birth of placenta so i feel for you the shock is the worst part i hate feeling like that i passed out in the shower a couple of times not nice

smiles4u Guest

Smile

KIM, ...thanks for confirming just what I was thinking !! It felt so silly to ask but I've just never ever been in this situation before. I have friends from 21 (Krissy, who affectionately calls me her big sis as she has no siblings (Met her at work, in which I was training her at the age of 17) ... And to the oldest 76 (Alice, a wonderful New Yorker whom resides in QLD, met her in China of all places about 10 years ago) ... Haven't seen her since but we keep constant contact and have the biggest laughs on the phone. She's outrages and is often my inspiration in my life choices. As for my others friends they are 24, 28, 31, two are 37, 42 and 54. My partners sister is 26 and his sis-in-law is 27, in which luckily I get on great with (though one is a little moody and the sis-in-law didn't like the idea of me until I made her and Auntie in May 2006 ... And all's super there : )

KIM, let us know how you went at the Doc's with your lil one. Poor little thing !!
    (You remind me of Xmas day, I had a hold of a 3wk old bub, her Mum is a Kim and I grew up with her and her sisters).

JODIE, gee I haven't been to the drive-in's since New Years Eve about 1994. When a bunch of mates and I piled into a two door coupe with our esky of champs and we all got bitten by mozzies. Damn hot night, but boy did we laugh.
    Hey, I lived in the Sth East of Melb in Ormond (closer to McKinnon) for a few years before I moved to Ballarat 3yrs ago. Whereabouts are you ??
    Yes, gotta admit the Pusuit of Happyness (I know I thought it was written wrong by a friend on the DVD) was a movie I enjoyed the MOST with Will Smith. I can just never get that scene out of my head, where he is with his son sitting on dunny paper in the toilet, as accommodation for the night. Those tears looked real.
    Saddened me, as it reminded me of my own parents in how they kicked me out of home at 18 for no apparent reason. I was such a great kid, quiet and caused not an ounce of trouble ... Well, I was terrified of my own Mother ... That might explain ! Sadly my Mum had a lot of issues and still has. My mother did not contact me until I was a 30yr old woman. She chose to miss out on so much with me.
    But, because of it I would honestly say it has made me such a stronger person in having no where to go at 18, I knew what homeless felt like. Without blowing my own trumpet I have truely done well for myself as a person through life and my biggest supporter and friend is MY sense of humour. It has driven me through every obstacle ... I so hope my daughter will one day tell me that I have done a super job as a Mother when I simply didn't have a Mother to learn a lot from.
    My longest time friend Ann (I met her at a slumber party at 13) said that I may not know the right things to do because of what my Mother put me through BUT I certainly know what the wrong things are to not do ... And she felt that is more crucial. For that she saved me and I go about Motherhood with the biggest smile and greatest pride and accomplishment, ... more than any wonderful career I have ever had before having her.

So, I don't end this message in sobs I shall tell you my favourite poem that I often would read to my younger sister Elise in bed as kids - "I scream, You scream, We all scream for what - ICECREAM "!!! ... Now who doesn't like icecream : )

Cheerio to all of you lovely Mum's, until next time here's a huge hug from me :

smiles4u Guest

Smile

.... Ah, me again !! ... Forgive me is it TANNIS or TANIA ?? ... Oh, I just dont want stuff up your name after your leaving me such a gorgeous and warm greeting : )

Hopefully no one out there thinks I'm going to leave sop stories a fair bit ... If, anything I have always a positive twist on things. And hopefully give you all an occasional laugh.

Hey, ELISSA ... Would you believe I'm probably more the opposite. My Mum these days introduces me to people as the youngest child ( I have 3 sisters) ... As she said I'm so young at heart, and still like to get out and have a ton of fun ( well, these days that's a bit harder with a 20mth old on the scene, LOL). I still have the practical joker in me BUT sadly for those that I might target .. Oh, but in a good way (if you know what I mean).

So, feel for YARVIS. Who could blame him. Is far from being the same but I stayed with a friend who lives in Sydney (whom I met on a Contiki tour overseas in my 20's, ... need I say more) just before Xmas. I only get up there to see her maybe every 3yrs.
    Boy, I so hate having to say goodbye when she drops me off at the Hotel (usually I have the last day on my own sightseeing). I get the biggest lump in my throat and I try my hardest to hold back the tears when we hug each other goodbye. As I'm never quite sure when we will see each other next.
    Can't imagine how YARVIS deals with that ... And be it his Mum whom he is obviously close to. Bit like my partner Adam, he just adores his born. And yes, she is one in a million :woman:

... Whoops, I meant at the end - He just adores his MUM.
    Geez, I must have babies on my brain or something
    Last edited by Lea13; January 8th, 2008 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Double Post

It's Tania Lorelle, Tannis is her member name.

Woohoo finished Darcy's dress! It's defintiely not my finest piece of work, but it's a start. And even though I'm so tired and have a thousand things to do, I really don't want to go to bed, but I can't be bothered doing anything wither (cos I'm too tired)

smiles4u Guest

Smile

ELISSA you remind me of my younger sister Elise. She's an old soul like you. Gee, how close are you names.

Believe it or not there was an Elissa in my Mum's grp, she was the one I got on with the most and would make an effort to chat with me. Bit cheeky, she was too

night all
    hope Darcy is feeling better in the morning Kim

arghhh my Tv in the bedroom just blew up gosh darn it we will have to get another asap :wink:

Lorelle I adore having the bed all to myself!! It also makes it easier when DS comes into sleep early mornings as he gets his own side of the bed. Being single is hard at times and it has taken me awhile to accept myself as a single person (if that makes sense) but now that I?m there I wouldn?t change it for the world. I love my life and the way things are heading.

Jodie Ohh I?d love that WW spreadsheet. That is sad about your MIL going back already. It seems to have gone so fast! WOW a swim teacher would be awesome!! Go for it!

Tania I feel your pain! Nothing worse then losing your post and all the personals grrr! I am so glad the scan went well! You are coming along so fast!

Kim YAY for Darcy?s dress! Photos please Let us know how Darcy is in the morning?

Just passing through on my way to bed or the couch lol... I went to the gym twice today. I was feeling so lethargic after the first time that I went back a second to do a Body Balance class lol. I am feeling sad already about going back to uni because it means I won't have as much time to go to the gym lol.

I have a few things I want to get done and then I can do some scrap booking. Its always the way though.. everything I really wants to do gets put to the side while I do all the other mundane stuff that is never ending. Ah well... I'm off to bed I think!

Nighty night!

Well I got in to see a great doctor this morning. The rash was still as amazing as ever. Turns out she has acute tonsillitis wiht huge pussy tonsills and inflamed ears (no wonder she has been SCREAMING). The rash is a viral rash. He couldn't believe the doctor on Saturday night could tell me there was nothing wrong with her. She's got some ABs and Nurofen (I explained my aversion to it and he told me it would do her no harm if I only used it for this). He also couldn't belive I had been sending her to school....I feel really bad but after Saturday night I had myself convinced it was just a phase she was going through. So we've got the day off today. And she fell asleep at 10 so i'm kind of glad we're at home for 5 days she obviously needs the rest.

Nat that's obviously why your house is neat and I'm not - cos I tend to put off what I should be doing for what I prefer to do....

So happy to hear a docotr has properly diagnosed Darcy, Kim. Poor little mite. Hopefully she will be feeling better soon. Take care

Happy 20 months, Darcy, Phoebe and Katy.
    You are growing up so much so quickly.

I've just uploaded a couple of update piccies to my gallery of my little miss with her new haircut. 5 more days and I will be back at work. Last week I wanted to go back, and today I don't. I have really enjoyed getting to know my little girl properly these past few weeks.

Oooh It is too.

lol someone else on here has a quote on their ticker that says It kills us that they grow up so fast, but it would kill us a whole lot quicker if they didn't"

Katy has such beautiful hair!!!

smiles4u Guest

Wink

Thanks LEA for fixing up the double post, ...computer went a bit bonkers last night. And yeh, I'm not much of a computer buff. Though that's funny seeing my partner works big in the IT industry in Melb. Gotta remember to keep some room for you gals !!

... You've got a super attitude LEA, yes ENJOY yourself as you are ... There are NO rules that happiness comes from having a partner. The enjoyment is within life itself and what you choose to do with it. And what a gorgeous precious bonus that you have in having your little one in your life now, rather then having to experience yrs of heartache in trying. Good on you !!!

Oh, KIM I felt so disheartened for you that the other Doc misdiagnosed. At least now you have the goodies to help her get better now. Let us know how her recovery is going. Gentle cuddles to her from us

Hey, SHAZZ ... Wow, what a crisis it feels when the TV blows. I had two TV's blow within the same wk, ... Fixed one and it was so not worth the $160 bill as it blew up again about 4yrs later.

How's YARVIS doing ?? ... Must take some time to get use to the idea it will be awhile before he sees his Mum again : ( Better to know he has a beautiful Mum then not one at all !!

Very excited won a Kitchen Playset for my Cendrine off eBay last night. She loves the one that her friends in Melb have, we don't visit em often. So will be g8 for her : )

*** Is anyone else here an eBay (or OZtion) junkie ??? Have had a couple of bad experiences but overall have had a ton of bargains in beaut condition. ***

LEANNE, Katy is just a divine cutie !! Her haircut is so similar to Cendrine's, though hers is just past her shoulders now. Must admit I love the old fashion bob on little girls. Might cut her hair shorter in Winter. Trying longer now to pop into a wee ponytail. Katy's hair is a little lighter then Cendrine's too : )
    Last edited by smiles4u; January 9th, 2008 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Just saw Katy's gorgeous new haircut pics !!

I am a bit down today. Mum and dad are struggling financially big due to dad's cancer and mums inability to work due to workrelated injuries. Dad is now really depressed, and they have more outgoings than incomings. Us kids are already helping as much as we can, but what do you do. Do you tell them to sell up and accept rent assistance, pay more of their bills, get them to move in with you, or just let them deal with it themselves? I don't normally post these types of issues as it's really our families business, but I am really stuck. Both my mum and dad sound so down I don't want to visit them today cause it's too depressing.

Luckily there is no junk food in the house at the moment, cause it would be a case of 'let's eat a family block of chocolate.....'

smiles4u Guest

Oh LEANNE, oh my god that just breaks my heart !!

My Dad is seriously ill too but as my folks are of retiring age, Mum 68 (unwell herself) & Dad 72 and have their mortgage paid off many yrs ago... Their finances are just "A...OK" as Dad luckily doesn't have much in medical expenses, etc... They have a little $ saved and then go from pension to pension pay day.

Don't feel so bad that you can't bring yourself to visit them anytime soon when you feel so depressed for their situation. Just get your thoughts wrapped more around what to do and start a plan of action sooner rather than later. And get the strength and courage to get over there and see them and support them. Give them positive options and clearly make them as I'm SURE you would - not feel like a burden to you & your family. That's the last thing they would want in their later yrs and your Dad in just having to cope each day with his illness is enough within itself for them ... and you too.

Is it just a thought for now that you had about them moving in OR have you spoken about it thoroughly with your partner ?

I'm sending you my biggest and most positive thoughts ... They have an amazing daughter in you Leanne, for that they are truely lucky

Let us know how you are, ... I can only speak for myself - that I'm more than happy to help ok !!

If you mentioned them moving in with you, I'm guessing that is an option you have thought through (pro's & con's for your lifestyle too) ??

Can you do it Leanne ? As it's a big 'offer' to take on !!

It depends on your folks amount of pride too. But is renting (if selling up their home) truely going to be a good option for them if you are honestly capable of them moving in with you. And if they move in with you is that going to be a long term option ?

Lorelle thanx heaps for your post. I am really stuck this time.

Coming from a religious family and being Christian, I have been praying alot this morning for some insight, but nothing coming as yet. I've even thought about selling my car, but can't bring myself to give up my little mazda 3.

Thankfully having no junk in the house has turned me to my sewing machine. I cut fabric for a quilt for Kaitlyn ages ago for when she moves into her big room, and I have already got about 1/4 of it sewn together. So there's one positive!

Kaitlyn's asleep... might go have a little nap myself.

Oh Leanne, what a terrible situation. I am not sure I have any answers just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. I guess you could help out with groceries (if you can afford it) or household items. Do they have a church they go to that would help out in some way? When mum had cancer her church cooked heaps of meals and did things like mowed lawns or cleaned to give dad a break.

Jodie: How sad that your MIL has gone, I had to smile though as most daughter in laws can't wait to see the back of their MIL's hehe. Is there any plans for her visiting again or you guys going over there? Swimming teacher sounds fantastic...I'd go for it!

Elissa: I am hoping I can hold out and not find out the sex, I just hate not knowing things haha So really I am hoping the baby is just as uncooperative next scan haha. My feelings are a girl though. My nephew was fully TT by 20mths during the day but had nappies at night, maybe its time to ditch the day nappies....Will do wonders for the budget!

LOrelle: We can't get along with everyone I guess so maybe those girls in the mothers group were just not friendship material, sounds like you have a great friendship network anyway so I wouldn't worry about them. As Kim said, Tania is my name but Tannis is what Chris (my partner) has called me for years and most of my friends now call me Tannis too. I'll respond to either I love ebay, but have slowed down a lot since buying the this house!

Shazz: Bugger about the TV...>Time to upgrade to a plasma hehe

Nat: I know I can't believe how fast its going. It really dragged with Jayden and I think its because I did nothing but complain through the whole pregnancy whereas this time I'm not really thinking about it (too busy with Jayden and work etc) and when I do I'm just enjoying it...I was even saying Bring on the M/S hehe

Kim: Thats great new that you saw a decent Dr! I hope poor Darcy gets better soon big hugs & kisses for her

Leanne: Katy's hair is gorgeous! She is such a pretty girl! That is terrible about your parents, its a tough situation to be in. I think just help out as much as you can and offer you support. If you are feeling down yourself, you won't be too much help to them either , I think you just need to be positive around them.....not easy I know.

OMG that time of day again....back to work...as usual I'll catch up with the rest later

lorelle - you know what? you actually sounds ALOT like one of our very dear friends. She is 43 and is married with two adult kids, she has a 6 month old Grandson, she is ever the practical joker and loves nothing more than having a few too many drinks and being a party animal, she is such a fun person. From what you have said about yourself you sound very much like her. I find it funny when you meet someone and you ust seem to have lots of things in common or similar in your lives. yay on the kitchen playset thing, Arch had one for a while and used it all the time, now he ust pretends the top of the heater is the stove and 'gooks tea' there.

kim - yay for finishingthe dress well done. Oh the poor sore little girl, what a ***** dr you saw on Sat! Its great that you finally know whats wrong and have meds for her

leanne - oh you poor thing, huge hugs to you, i wish i had some wise advice for you, i wish i ould just tell you what the best thing to do is so that you didn't have to worry so much. i am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and hope things sort themselves out okay x x

tania - well i hope bub has its legs crossed tightly so that its impatient mummy can't know who it is! jay didn't want to know the sex either but it was killing me not knowing so i was lucky, we had a dating scan at 17weeks and they wouldn't tell us the sex til the morph scan but i was really sure i saw boy bits and it turned out i was right! Im glad i found out though cause i really had my heart set on a girl so knowing before the birth gave me a chance to get used to the idea of Archie. Yeah i agree time to ditch the day nappies, its just so much work and im not ready for it! he is ready though so i dont have a choice!

Arch refused to have his nap today, then fell into a screaming heap when i tried to convince him that rockmelon was nectarine.....he's not as stupid as i thought...he is sound asleep now, means we'll have a late night tonight, oh well...

Oh Leanne babe. What an awful situation. You will get the strength and courage to make the right decision. Do it together.

Go Archie on the fruits!

Meds appear to be kicking in already. She's much happier this afternoon. She has however slept 2x2hour sleeps today. We had a play in the rain this afternoon - "It's raiding mummy!" lol

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast