Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #45

Default Babies Born May 2006 #45

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your Previous thread is here

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

That sounds like a good idea - THE SIGN (nat) LOL. I just spoke to Wade's mum about it and we both agreed there would be so nice gossip going around town atm hehe

Or ohhhhh.... take a leaf out of Shazz's book! Have a t-shirt made up and instead of it saying what hers did, you can have it say 'No I'm not just fat, expecting no 2' or something pmsl! Or perhaps just get one of those maternity tops with a picture of a baby on the belly or something!

Actually along those lines I saw the coolest pregnancy tops and a necklace that you might like. I'll give you the links later when I'm on the computer!

Sounds nice Nat, let me know.

Borrow Jayden's big brother shirt for Lachie to wear!

sheree - yeah i have always been to hard on myself, and i reckon once we become mums we are even more so, good on you for giving yourself a break, i am going to take a leaf out of your book. i have relaxed totally about the toilet training, am just gonna let him be pants free at home and use potty but put a nappy on when we are out, once he has mastered the potty then i'll get more serious but im not going to rush him, i wont start stressing about toilet training til he's 3.5. How exciting that you are feeling those little movements! July will be here before we know it and our babies will be big 2 year olds! the T-shirt idea sounds cool

leanne - thankyou so much for your support, i had tears in my eyes when i read the posts just now and all the support everyone is giving me, i feel very lucky to have you guys. I know that i will get through this bout of anxiety as i have done it before, Jay is being so understanding and supportive not pushing me t do things that panic me, its like reverse psychology, he tells me i dont have to do whatever i feel anxious about, then, because there is no stress about it i can do it just fine!

nat - thanks for you support it really means so much to me, hug. Gosh Em is a great talker, telling you the train is stuck! Arch is just starting to string more than 2 words together, makes life SO much easier when they can express themselves with words.

Arch was quite unsettled tonight, all afternoon he would just start chucking a tanty then hold his jaw and say "ooooww", i wish that stubborn tooth would just break through already! Teething is so much easier now that he can talk and tell me what hurts though. jay starts work at midnight, so if Arch is having a really unsettled night i'll probably just put him in bed with me, he always sleep in with me too, bonus!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi There....

Just a quick update on little miss....just cut tooth #12 in the last few days, new words for this week are, sorry, you alright, ok...some days still having 2 sleeps during the day, slowly dropping to 1...1 bottle a day, before bed..starting toilet training, no luck, but not really in a hurry. Looooves her numb numb, so I think it will be sticking around for awhile.

Sheree - "congrats" on your pregnancy, wishing you all the very best for the journey ahead...Ebay have little t-shirts for boys 'I'm going to be a big brother'....I'll find the store name if you want.

Tania - "congrats" on your pregnancy, wishing you all the very best for the journey ahead, so are you going to be finding out the sex of bubba??

Nat - I'm a member of Facebook, but only just recently...haven't worked it all out yet.

Shazz - Good luck with Uni...what are you looking at studying???

BBL for more personals.
    Last edited by MUMMY4LIFE; January 2nd, 2008 at 10:00 PM.

Awwghh thanx mummy4life and that website would be gr8. Ta.

Elissa - gosh can't believe Archie tells you his tooth is sore. That is gr8.

Well our little monkey protested bed AGAIN!!! I am thinking that daddy is too soft on him and it is really making him be naughty lately. What to do................

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Sheree here are those links:

Mexican Bola - its a necklace you wear

6 Way Maternity Dress

Cool Maternity Tops

makes life SO much easier when they can express themselves with words.
    I am not so sure lol....

muuuuum isss stuuuuck
    muuuuum go caaar
    muuuuum t-raiinnn
    muuuuum is coold
    muuuuum is hot
    daadddy where r whuuuu daddy car

It is very cute though lol. Its also very repititive hehe!

Well I'f off to bed ladies!

[/COLOR]

Thanks for that Nat.

Lachlan has been overusing the mummmmeeee word and I am not just meaning a few times a day, it is constantly whinging the words every 5mins or less. It is not even Wade's name and he is sick of it, so that is saying something. We are not sure what he wants lately (just last couple of days). He is trying to expresss himself I guess and getting frustrated and driving us nuts in the meantime lol.

karen - how cute that Phoebe says you alright, Archie LOVES his "money" to, i am in no rush for him to stop having it though so its okay.

sheree - sounds like Wade needs a good stern talking too, have you explained to him that you both have to be as strict as each other with bedtime for it to wprk well? Jay has always been way softer with bed time and it was creating a monster but i spoke to him about it and he is better (but still too soft!)

nat - LOL, yep, talking does have its moments thats for sure, im loving it though, Em is a champion talker!

Archie managed to get 1 out of 2 wees in the potty this morning, i think he got EVERY fart into the potty he he he, but of course didn't make it for an actual poo, oh well he certainly is clued onto it anyway, if he misses the potty he still sits on it afterwards, and i never prompt him to go potty he goes of his own accord which is less stressful for both of us.

Yay for Archie.

Yeah we have major issues here, everyone says Wade is too soft, but in Wade's eyes his little boy is an angel!! Angel or not, they still need to be guided ALOT! Grrrr.... I am the meany of our family, not wonder he always wants to go to Wade when he is around. But yes Wade is the sofest father you will ever come across, which makes my job super hard!

I just spent 3 hours in spotlight. can you believe it? They only have two hour parking. I can't believe the amount of people in there today. I picked no 36 and they were up to 6!. Needless to say Katy was a right royal pain in the you know what by the time we left.

My SIL's waters broke this morning. Three weeks early. And I have a quilt to finish argh..... I guess if the baby comes before the quilt is finished its not too tragic.

Better get sewing I guess.....

Leanne: Kaitlyn did very well then staying up! If you find a rich person to pay your mortgage send them up to me when your done haha. My nan is a great shopper too, must be all that experience hahaha

Nat: The house is going good, except because its been raining so much the lawn is looking a bit yuk from the dogs running on it....the front looks beautiful though, nice and green! SIL's issues aren't easy ones but I also don't think it pays to dwell on things too much when there is nothing she can do while her BF is away. She has no children but wants them badly, he has 3 grown up kids and 1 grandchild and at the moment says he doesn't want any more and he may not change his mind. Its a long story and very complicated I guess but i think she should concentrate on the relationship at the moment as they have only been together for 3mths. Humphrey the new favourite huh? How cute...You will have to get him on DVD so Em can watch him all the time hehe. How cute Em telling you the train's stuck! Are you feeling better yet?

Christine: Poor Riley.....Amazing how something so minor can do so much!

Sheree: I can sympathize with you about the staying up late....Jayden was doing that not so long ago! How is his sleeping through the day? Can you cut his day sleep a bit? He has never been a sleeper though has he.....Everyready baby!! You're welcome to borrow Jayden's Tshirt to spread your fantasic news, let me know and i will send it up. I thought I felt some movement xmas night but haven't felt it since so who knows.

Elissa: Jayden was fine after his watered down resused bottle....but we will make sure it doesn't happen again! I hope your anxiety settles down again soon, remember we are all here for you if you need to vent.

Karen: Thanks....I am hoping not to find out the sex but I hate not knowing things too so we'll see when the time comes.

Its time to go home now...oops was i posting on company time?? hehehe

Oh Jayden said his 1st swear word yesterday! My fault....I don't often swear esp around Jayden as he can be such a parrot! I was looking for my wallet yesterday morning and i was running late for work and i was very frustrated and said "F*%$" very bluntly and clearly....Jayden then said it straight after me! I felt terrible....I said to Chris, it sounded more like duck....he goes "No it didn't!" I didn't acknowledge it at all to Jayden just went about looking, then found it under the bed where Jayden put it after he was playing with it!

Ok I'll catch up with personals later
    oxox

Tania - big ooopsey there huh! Oh well, bound to happen. Funnily enuf Wade and I never swear infront of lachlan so I guess it won't happen here, hopefully!!! Nah it's ok about the shirt, I will just let the rumours flourish for now, they will eventually get it when I have a baby in my arms. Oh and lachlan is the best day sleeper ever these days. Atleast 2-3 hours (with his water bottle of course). Unheard of with this child hey. We were at one stage calling him the 15 min kid. So a huge improvement here.

Well I am signing off for another week. Yes that's right, Lachlan and I are going away yet again!

I am going to Emerald all day tomorrow, then we will spend the weekend at home with Wade and then Lachlan and I travel away to Mackay (3hours away) on Monday for Lachlan's paed appt and my gyno appt.

I have to have a colposcopy done whilst pregnant to ensure no cancerous cells exist in my cervix.

Not sure if I have told you all but I have had a low grade abnormality since Lachlan was born and had a colposcopy only 8 months ago which indicated it was still low grade but the reason for it was that I have HPV.

When we were trying for this baby, probably exactly mid cycle, I had a papsmear and it now shows that I have a high grade abnormality.

What a pain cause I got my results back right when I found out I was pregnant.

The gyno is pretty confident it would not be cancer in that short amount of time but he has to be sure to be sure. So he said it was safe to have a colposcopy whilst pregnant as he just has to check and rule out any further problems.

Wish me luck. Talk to you all when I return.

I am an aunty again!!!!!

My brother and his wife had a boy at just before 10 pm tonight. I am so excited. They named him Lachlan and he is 6 pound 3. My sister in law is really tiny, so I am happy he was not a whoppa! All natural and only gas.... I am so proud of her.

I am half way through quilting the quilt, so should be finished before I see them tomorrow night or Saturday - or both.....

Off to ni ni's for one happy Aunty.

Karen: How cute all the words Phoebe is saying!

Nat: Em is going really well with the talking too isn't he? I can't wait for Jayden to be talking like that (might be another story when he does though haha).

Elissa: Archie is obviously very ready to be TT now then....Jayden sits on the potty for a couple of seconds then gets off without doing anything, he did 1 wee in the potty in our old house mths ago....must have been fluke though hehe.

Leanne: What patience you must have to spend that long in spotlight! CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby Nephew!!! I can only hope for a baby that size haha

Sheree: We don't normally swear in front of Jayden either, it was just a slip of the tongue.

Well another day another dollar....Thank god its Friday is all I can say. I have only been at work 2 days and I am exhausted! I struggled yesterday to stay awake, today will hopefully be better.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast