Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #5

Jodie259 Guest

HI girls !
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
    Tannis: that was a horrid thing your SIL said. You should speak up. (I know I would).
    Babydreams: horrid thing that the doctor said to you! And it's Breastfeeding Week!!! I've heard that maxalon works really well. I got a script for it, to try to increase my supply, but it was all too hard... so I stuck to formula. Good on you for giving your baby the best you can. I wish that I could have.
    Mummy4life: shame about the AF. It's nice not having it hey? Poor little Samuel. LMTO when you say he's wiping his nose on Phoebe's sleeves!

re: Scrapbooking - I am so keen to get stuck into it. I've bought a heap of stuff (about a year ago) - but have never found the time to do it. I've done one page. I now want to do a 'story book' about how my hubby & I met, our wedding, holiday, pregnancy and birth. Then all about Shaun! MUST MAKE TIME !!!

re: Mothers Group: I did my first MG on Thursday - and I really enjoyed it. There were 12 other mothers - and babies ranged from 5 weeks to 13 weeks & one was 5 months. It seems like a nice group of women, so I hope to make some new friends. Particularly as they are from the area - which would be good. I have be looking forward to mothers group.

re: TV appearance... Shaun and I will be on "A Current Affair" on Monday (Channel 9 at 6.30pm). It is a story about babies that don't sleep - and it features Pinky McKays book. She is soooo lovely. We have been to her baby massage class twice now, and she's phoned me a few times. Thankfully Shaun is sleeping much better now. Makes life a lot more bearable!

Just a quick one ladies,

Went to Lactation consultant (Allison) on Friday and well we are no further advanced. Last time I went Lachie didn't play up alot (just a little), but on Friday he was in fine form and she just couldn't believe what sort of trouble I was having. She agrees that it is possibly what the CHN said that he is associating my boob to the reflux pain but is also a very lazy bubba and won't work for that let down. She showed me how to compress my breast and we also tried giving him the bottle and me holding him in a football position and taking the bottle away to quickly put him on the boob. Appeared to work a little better but not great. Something we could work on really. But she could see how upset he was and how stressed this is making me and suggested that I give the whole boob thing a couple of weeks rest and just express and give him the bottle only, rather then perservering with putting him on the boob, then heating and giving him the bottle then expressing. She said what I am doing every 2 hours is very draining and I should just heat bottle, feed him the EBM and then express. Then in a couple of weeks you never know he might just go back on. The only problem I have with this is that I am going home to Mackay to see all the family with my sister, we are driving and I wanted this all sorted out by then. Doesn't appear that is what is going to happen now, but I just want what is best for him and both our sanity. So if in two weeks he is still playing up I am not going to try and put him on the boob again, it is just too hard!!! So I will take each day at a time and if I can keep expressing I will, but if I can't then I might do half EBM and half formula, but if too I get sick of expressing then formula it is. I just don't want to beat myself up about the decision I make, so I will just take each day as it comes and see what happens for now. I always said when we started having these problems I would like to get to 3 mths and we are fast approaching and if I can go further that will be a bonus. I would like to go further but we will see what happens. He seems to be taking well to the prescription formula (neocate) the one that has no cows milk and is very tasteless (thank god - don't need any more dramas).

The lactation consultant would like for me to keep in touch with her via email and she said she would support me either way I go from here as she can see how hard it is and how much he cries/screams. Their is a reflux support group here that I might join maybe someone else is going through something similar and might be of some assistance.

Gotta run he has an upset tummy today, like he did last night, think my EBM has remenents of a piece of spicy chicken wing that I ate!!!!!!! Grrr.... Just not sure which bottle it is in now and this EBM is like GOLD to me. I just can't win!!!
    Last edited by shereejoy; August 6th, 2006 at 11:36 AM.

missbexy27 Guest

Hey Everyone,

My little man was born on 2nd of May and I have been posting on a few of the other forums. It's great to see how many other babies were born in May!

Shereejoy, I had to express when Mason was about 2 months old as I had thrush in my nipples (very painful) and it hurt like hell to have him feed. So much so that I could be found crying every time I was feeding! It was such a pain to express for every feed but my nipples thank me now! All is going well now and he is 3 months. But I do seem to have a bit of trouble on my left side, he gets very restless and cries, we can't seem to figure out why. I had the same feeling of disappointment when I thought I had to put him on formula - that's what society and having a mother who wasn't allowed to breastfeed does to you! It's so hard for us and luckily I had the most wonderful lactation consultant who just inspired me to keep persevering. But it will be hard for you when you go travelling. Have you thought of complimentary feeding? Maybe when you are travelling, have your formula and when you get somewhere where you can express, change to that? I don't know, maybe that would be wrong. It's just so nerve racking changing to formula, will they like it? Will they never want my milk again! Gees, I thought childbirth was hard, but at least there's an end in sight!!!!! Good luck and I'll be waiting to hear how you're going....

delta_blue, cute photos!!!! Where did you get that insert that Cooper was in the bath with??? Our little one is way too big for his baby bath so would love to transfer him to the 'big' bath....

Jodie259 Guest

Welcome missBexy !

Sheree... I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you are having with BF. I really hope it sorts out for you... but don't feel guilt or anything like that if you have to give lachie some formula. He will still be a healthy baby, and he will be a happy baby, with a happy mummy. Do what YOU feel is right. If you want to breastfeed, then have a little break (if it's not working right now) - and go back to it. Or do both... BF & FF. He will get the best of both worlds! I wanted to BF - but Shaun was so stressed from it, which made me stressed. And with formula; I knew exactly how much he was getting and he didn't have to 'work for it'. I would have expressed if I could have done that - but my boobs were barren. I would try to express for an hour and be lucky if I got 20mls.

My step mum has just come back from the shops with more clothes for Shaun. she can't help herself! I don't think I've bought any clothes for him. Between presents & my step-mum he's got a huge wardrobe! I love the ones with 'wording' on them. Todays one was: 50% mummy, 50% daddy 100% cute! One I got the other week was "2am, my cot, bring a bottle". That should be on ACA tomorrow when I'm massaging him.

Welcome Bec!! We have a really great group here, hope you feel at home. What a precious little fellow. This definitley is the good looking babies thread!!

Sheree, sorry you didn't get much progress. I remmeber how frustrating that was for me at the start. You'd go and pour your heart out, baby would be a right snot and still no progress...grrr. I can also understand how time consuming the expressing is. There will come a point when in your heart you will know what is right for Lachie and you. You always have our support.

Mummy, Samuel is a naughty bugger!! Poor Phoebe! Hope he's feeling better soon.

Jodie, we will be watching tomorrow night!!

Thanks for the big chat last night all of you. Was hard to keep up, but good fun.

Not much doing today. We went and picked DH up from Mum's where he stayed after the bucks night, and then went to the Holden show day. We have an old EH so have a big interest. We are looking at starting up a wedding car business, so all the concourse cars gave us a boost.

Well you girls now this is getting beyond the joke. I have AF AGAIN - that's right this is number 4!!!! I will be on the phone to the doctor tomorrow as I am feeling a bit anaemic and light headed at times and very tired - last thing I need. Will let you know how it goes.

The chat was a heap of fun wasn't it!
    We should do it more often.

OK, so I've rung the GP and the Ob. Have to go off the minipill. Might think about the implanon instead. Any thoughts on this or an IUD?

Welcome Bec, look forward to chats with you.

Kim - I keep bleeding too, do you think I have AF, did they tell you the mini pill is causing it?

Morning Girls,

My night out was fantastic! Mobile stayed in my bag for most of the night and I didn't call even once to see how Jayden was going, DP called me around 10pm for no reason (probably to find out when I was coming home haha) We went to the pub for a few drinks after the restaurant ( raspberry lemonade for me ) Then I was getting tired so I left at about 11pm. Jayden had slept the whole time then woke for a feed as I was going to bed, luckily I had enough to fed him and he went straight back to sleep til 7.30am.

Nat: How ws your shopping the other day? Buy anything nice for yourself? I told SIL #1 what #3 said, she wasn't impressed either! You are all right, I need to speak up a bit more, if she says anything again I def will. We are going to her place on Tues night for niece's 17th bday....so BRING IT ON LOL. As overwhelming as they all are, SIL #1 is very supportive and helpfull, she went through the same probs BF'ing as I did with her son (now 18yo)but she went into hosp and had to put him on a bottle when he was a few weeks old. Every time I go to CH I mean to ask about MG but forget every time haha babybrain!!

Shazz: Could Ryan's pooping be related to what your eating rather than him being allergic to your milk? Seems strange that he had no probs before, I would get a second opinion, the runny nose surely has nothing to do with it at all. Is Ryan ok now? Did you use the Maxalon? I have been hearing a bit about it lately and want to know if it works as I want to have a go to see if it will boost my supply, is it easy to get a prescription for it? Did you make it to work on time for 7am start?

Kim: Great your reunion turned out good, wouldn't be as good if there were too many ppl as you wouldn't get to talk to everyone properly. I hope Darcy is sleeping better for you now, we still get nights where we don't sleep through but luckily he mostly does sleep through. How did DH hold up after the bucks night? Wedding car business sounds really good....Good luck with it!! Can't believe you have AF again...good thing you rang the Dr. Are you going to get checked out or just go off the pill. I'm not taking anything so I'm no help to you there, do they still do IUD's haven't heard of them in ages!!

Mummy: Poor you @ getting AF, "touch wood" I haven't got mine yet. Strange how you got it back the same time as you did with Samuel. I hope he is feeling better, LOL and yuk with wiping his nose on Phoebe's sleeves....was his sleeves too full? LOL. Dp will probably want 1 more baby but not for quite a few years, whereas I would rather have then closer together. I'm def not ready for another one yet so I'll work on DP in the mean time LOL. I think I did say to SIL #3 he wouldn't sleep if he was hungry, not sure what she said I probably stopped listening too mad!! haha.

Jodie: Can't wait to see ACA tonight, how exciting!! Good to see it is working for you, a full nights sleep makes a huge difference. Great that you enjoyed MG, I need to join one I think too many ppl say how good it is. Jayden has the sam top and bodysuit, I love the clothes with wording...Kmart has one "I know I'm cute, so put me down!" I want to get it as its very relivant to DP's family, poor Jayden got passed around a table full of DP's sisters, husbands, nieces and nephews one night, I felt so sorry for him!!

Sheree: Always the way, Jayden has only played up once that we have been, I told Alison I was going to go up there whenever he needed a feed as he was always good there LOL. I really hope it works out for you, expressing is a PITA. Just do what you are comfortable with, 2 and a half months is a great start for Lachie. Are you going back to see her again or just sticking with email? I see her tomorrow, hopefully it goes well. I know what you mean about EBM like gold, mine is too LOL Good to hear Lachie is ok with the prescribed formula. Sounds like Alison has told you the same things as she told me. Jayden is lazy too and she said to express for the let down and then pu him on, but thats easier said than done when he is hungry! Compressions was working for me too but not so much now and football position worked as well. I haven't tried bottle to boob but I think out attching probs are over its keeping him on for more than 2 or 3 mins now. All we can do is try if not formula is there for a reason. Hope everything works out hun!!

Bec: Welcome to BB....(YAY I'm not the new one anymore) Mason is just adorable, great job and congratulations.

Jayden is stiring again, I better go. Its taken nearly 2 hrs to write this as was on the laptop but it said critical battery and before I could do anything it turned off!!! So I had to start all over again on the PC... GRRR. Well here's hoping for a quiet day!! SIL #2's bday today so prob not quiet haha

I'll drop in later
    oxox

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Hey Girls! Don't have much time right now (at work) to catch up on all the posting ... will hopefully get on next week some time (phone hasn't been paid and can't use the net ... lol ... bring on my first pay day!!!).

Work is going ok. Slipped right back in as though I haven't even been away, except for the mountainous pile of work I have to catch up on. I've spent a whole week doing one thing, but there's about 10 other things to get done by Wednesday ... what a shocker!

Been no trouble YET with co-workers, but we have a weekly meeting now apparently, which is due on Wednesday (as boss didn't come for visit last week). Should be interesting to say the least.

Jovi is going ok. She's been a bit off in the afternoons. Usually sleeps pretty much straight after I go to work and wakes for her bottle, but cracks up apparently when I go back to work after lunch. Poor Scott ... lol

He's coping ok ... mostly. Had my first phone call on Friday arvo around 2:30 telling me to GET HOME NOW!! click! lol ... She'd apparently been screaming since I left basically and wouldn't calm down. Of course she did as soon as I picked her up. Little bugger.

She was pretty clingy on the weekend and giving me lots of cuddles so hopefully she realises that I actually come and go now and will be a bit more settled for her Daddy.

Weighed her last week ... can't remember if I posted last time ... 5kg exactly last Monday. Will prob give her a weigh on Thursday.

Heading home to the parents this weekend (my dad hasn't seen her since she was 3 weeks old!). Going to see a celebrant on Friday as we are trying to organise a naming ceremony for her Oct. long weekend.

Not much else going on that I can think of right now ... brain is hurting!

Chat to you ladies soon!

Tah Tah!

Thanks for the chat on Saturday night girls. It was a blast. Jess suggested maybe making a time for us all to meet online if we’re free? Even just for a quick 10 minute session.

Shazz ~ How did your 7am start go? I doubt he is allergic to your milk. Maybe it was something in your diet for those few days OR it just could have been a bit of a phase.

Kim ~ I LOVE the new ticker. Its gorgeous and the photo of Darcy is just adorable! Glad to hear the reunion went well. I had the implanon implant put in a few weeks back I had a few weeks of spotting as it settled in but it seems to be working really well do far. Glad that the worked out the culprit for all those AF’s tho. That must have sucked for you!!

Mummy ~ Bummer for AF returning. Fingers crossed that it doesn’t effect your milk. ROFL @ Samuel having a runny nose and wiping it everywhere! I hope he is feeling better soon. I got the Anne Geddes set from Big W and it was only $17. How did the scrap booking go?

Jodie ~ I am the same as you. I am overloaded with scrap booking gear. Will definitely be watching A Current Affair tonight. Glad to hear it was a positive experience. That top sounds adorable – I saw the same one and was so tempted to buy it for Emerson!

Sheree ~ You sound like you are working your butt off to BF right now. I couldn’t be prouder of you for the way you are handling things. Like I’ve said before we’re here for you either way. ROFL @ the chicken too!

Bec ~ Welcome to the May thread!! You may remember me from the SA thread rofl!!!

Jess ~ After my shower Saturday night I had a few friends rock up and they didn’t leave until after 1 :eek: hence the reason I didn’t come back online after all! Sorry!

Tania ~ My shopping day was for groceries rofl!! But I enjoy grocery shopping for some strange reason. I bought those Snugglers nappies to try as well and they’re actually quite good. They work out to .32c a nappy vs the huggies which are .41c so not a huge difference but the snugglers work fine! ROFL @ bring it on – I can’t wait to hear how Tuesday nights go. SIL #1 sounds like a great support person. Oh no at the laptop dying!! That would suck. I wish I had my laptop back  as much as I love my PC I loved being able to post anywhere on my laptop!!

Beck ~ ROFL @ bringing on the first pay day!! You must be soooo busy!! What type of naming ceremony are you going to have? I was considering having one for Em but I’m still a little unsure. Can’t wait to hear how your work meeting goes!! I need some work gossip even if it isn’t my own hehe!! Sounds like DH is coping really well. Are you happy with the situation?

Vic ~ How are you love??

Kellee ~ Where are ya mate??

Well it is a lovely day here so we’ve had outside time and it was great. Em was full of beans and very active and talkative while I laid next to him reading. We’ve also done washing and made chocolate muffins with caramel centres – mmmm yummo!! Hope everyone else is having a lovely start to the week!

Afternoon ladies

big hello to everyone sorry not many personals i have a whopper of a headache ( ryan sreaming in my ear all day will do it ) his teething and i wish they would hurry up and pop through poor little mite
    yep i'm proud to say i made it to work on time but we will see how tomorrow goes where i actually have to to bub out to day care instead of daddy watching him might be interesting ....

Well young Ryan, mate I hope your teeth make their appearance soon so you get some relief, but tomorrow is an exciting first day for you, so you have a great time. Mummy will be worried all day, but you tell her you'll be great - you'll miss her, but you'll be fine.

Tania yep they still do IUDs but I'm so not sure about it. I have had so many dramas with my body this pregnancy I'm just not sure. Good girl for wanting to stand up for yourself. Have faith in you chickie - you are the best mum Jayden's got.

Sheree, yep the Ob said some peole just don't do well with the minipill. I don't do well with a large dose full pill either so no surprises. At least I know I'm not a freak with all the bleeding. Maybe you should ask yours if you should stop taking it. Of course I spoke to her after I took this AMs dose....

Jodie - looking out for you tonight sweetie. I wanted one of those suits at Kmart too, but thought people might think I was rude - how true is the saying????

Beck, good to hear your family is coping with the work transistion. When is payday???

Angelique how you going chook. Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you and Karatina are OK.

Alison when are you coming to Sydney? What suburb does your sister live in?

Kellee, your boys treating you OK? Misssing your mammoth posts.

Oooh they sound great Nat are they the packet ones from Woolies? I look at them all the time!!

Vic, hope the awesome foursome of yours are going well.

Mummy, I totally sympathise with the AF. Sending positive vibes to your milk ducts though - keep working keep working keep working LOL.

Is anyone else have a christening? How do I go about organising one??

lol Kim i'm sure he'll be good if not he'll be good at screaming the place down
    yep we are having a christening that is if i ever get around to ringing the pastor back he rang 2 weeks ago ooopps all we did was ring the church and booked in then the pastor wanted to meet with us and we go from there

Copy thanks Shazz, might go looking for a church tomorrow....

Ooohh oohh!! Have you all seen the cute baby competition at Domayne! You get your digi photos printed there and you can enter - you can win a $12000 education fund or $500 gift vouchers. Going there tomorrow too.

Kim ~ They are the Betty Crocker ones! DP gave them the seal of approval. So they are a winner LOL. That sounds like a great comp Kim. Good luck with it. What is Domayne... I'm not sure we have it here in SA.

Shazz ~ I hope poor little Ryans gums feel better!! Good luck with getting up and getting him to childcare tomorrow - I'd be nervous too! LOL about organizing a christening. There is never enough time in the day is there?

Gordon has just taken Em to his parents for a few hours. The house always seem so empty when they first leave. I actually might do some scrapbooking tonight... OMG you say!! You'll believe it when you see it right!?! First things first... dinner!

Jodie259 Guest

Damn ACA.... they promote it all weekend... then didn't show it!!! They didn't even mention it! It doesn't appear to be on Tuesdays show... so it must be on later in the week! The producer is on holidays until the 21st... so I'm going to have to phone tomorrow and see if anyone knows. It took me ages to work out how to record on DVD (as my hubby was still at work). Then we didn't need it. Oh well, I leant something new today... so no great loss.

Shaun had his immunisation shots today. He was okay. Cried out when he was given the jabs, but settled down straight after. We've been spoiling him even more than usual. He's a little grumpy, but not too bad at all. We had a lovely dip in the spa bath tonight.

thinking about joining a gym. I generally hate gyms... but I really dislike the "mummy tummy" that is hanging around! The gym has childcare facilities and it's only $5. And membership is $75 a month. I think that I can use the work out as "me time" - even though it's "work"... (in my eyes). The gym also has a pool... and I love swimming. And hopefully my sister (who lives with us) will join too so we can encourage each other.

Better go and do some work. A stupid guy in a hire truck drove into the awning on my salon. Ripped the sign half off... and drove away!! But pedestrians took down his details, and I phoned Budget who know exactly who it is. Hubby took photos of the damage, and now I have to source quotes to get it replaced. At least Budget will pay for the damage.

Vic ~ When I get some down I will try and take pictures and load them onto my site for you or something. Or I could just email them to you? I've done the first trimester of my PG so far but not the rest hehe. I'm really excited to get going again and once I start I know I'll be hard to stop! I'm setting aside tomorrow to do some. Hopefully Em will sleep in the morning and I will get a chance then! I don't like going to the IL's - I went there once and was highly uncomfortable (I don't think I'm really welcome either rofl). I enjoy my time at home anyway - it gives me a chance to clean without Em which I like. And I'm still living by myself - will certainly inform you all when we back the big decision to move in together.

Jodie ~ Damn @ the guy running into your awning - what a pain and how rude!! I had the exact same thoughts about he gym and was going to join with my best friend. I decided not to in the end because it was a contract and I didn't want to be locked in etc etc but I really wish I could do it! Unfortunately I have to have other priorities for a bit! I hate to say it but I'm glad it wasn't on tonight!! It means I didn't miss it... I really have no idea what I was doing at 6.30 but I wasn't watching tele rofl!! Poor Shaun with his jabs! I hope the little man is ok!!

Well I had dinner, then I sorted my finances, did the vacuuming,the mopping and then the ironing while I watched Greys Anatomy. So I didn't get around to scrap booking but I'm all ready to start tomorrow. I have no plans till later in the day so hopefully I will get some done!! Well I just put Em down wide awake so we will see how long that last for...

Oh and funny story (or not so funny) I used to sleep walk when I was younger and last night I put Em down in his cot and went to bed at 12 only to wake up at 6 with Em in my arms and no recollection of how he got there. Freaked me out a little and tonight I'll be closing my door (not that it will stop me LOL). I've been reminded about how the sub conscious works so I think I'm safe but geez it freaked me out to wake up with him in my arms and have absolutely NO memory of it happening...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast