Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #50

bugger about the hosue Kim another buyer will come along soon i'm sure
    and i agree leanne definately the skirt lol how funny my 14 yr old loves him has all his cds

Got home this afternoon and blood pressure is behaving again, so last weeks higher reading was a one off - YAY!!! His head is still down and all is well. Gosh this baby is actually co-operating for a nice change. Lachlan was a little devil being breach for so long, and me having high blood pressure and major swelling. Jumped on the scales tonight, only 11kgs - I am so pleased!!! Beats a nice change to the 26 I put on with Lachlan.

Today was a terrible day however and I was having contractions, which totally freaked me out! Well I assume it was contractions. I would explain the braxton hicks as being nothing like this and only tightenings and no such pain to go with it. Today I was in Mackay and contemplated not coming home, i was so confused. 3 hour drive - what to do, what to do!!!

Anyway this is the pain I had. It lasted for 2 full on hours and I would explain it as severe period pain all over my belly, but more intense at the top and pain in my back (more at the top as well). I didn't feel any braxton hicks but would say that i had the pain for the whole two hours with more intense sessions that took my breathe away and I felt like being sick!

In my eyes that is a contraction, would I be right? Tell ya what I was considering going naturally if he comes before my caesar date, but I now know full well that labour would be way more intense then today and today I hardly coped.

Just really scared now though, as for 1 I don't want a premmie baby and 2) live 3 hours away from the hospital 3) have no idea what to expect 4) don't have medical resources here and will need to have my caesar wound monitored closely.

Guess today really put the heaber jeabers up me!!! The contractions haven't happened again THANKGOD....

Just so confused and scared right now.

Guess this could also go on for weeks and I just can't afford any false alarms living so far away.

Please bubba just wait until I go and reside in Mackay at 37 nearly 38 weeks, then you can come early!!!

Now I know what you went thru Shazz with Ryan with all the contractions you were having, so draining! Guess I never had one iota of a contraction with Lachlan, so this is all soooo new to me!!!!!

Sheree- my BH with erin felt like full on labour, there were times when I was actually timing them they were so intense, I freaked out cause I didn't have any BH with Jess. I hope he styas put until you can go to Mackay, it must be scary living that far from hospital. Glad your BP was good, have you finished unpacking yet?
    Kim- bummer about the house, hope you get another buyer soon who wants to pay more! The Sydney market isn't that good for sellers ATM unfortunately for you guys (lucky for us though LOL)
    Shazz- Ryan would be run off his feet here picking up stuff LOL I wish Riley would do that (or ay of them actually)
    Elissa- that is so great baout being able to rent a friend's house, maybe you could buy it later?? Gosh we all seem to be on the move this year!
    Smiles- hope your pg dream comes true!
    Reenie- I am sorry to hear things are hard atm with your DH, I think all of us know where you are coming from on that one, we are all very good at litening so feel free to vent away. happy birthday too for yesterday India, hope she had a great day.
    Sara- so glad you and brent are getting on OK, you are amazing to cope with all that you do. I loved yoga when i did it, I wish I ahd the time or the money to do it agin now LOL
    Leanne- I agree with the skirt for michael!!! One of my friiends went on a diet before Robbie Williams in case he saw her from the stage and wanted to bonk her after the show LOL
    Better go, its 3.45am, Riley woke up crying ad now he is asleep but I can't sleep which I will regret in a couple of hours!

Was thinking jeans. but I could go a low cut top! HE HE HE

I am sooooooooo excited.

Call me irresponsible but I am feeelllllllllling goooooooooooood.

Leanne - where you off too?

Christine - thanks for your advice. I haven't had any since, so hopefully that is a good sign he wants to stick around for a bit longer yet, but in saying that I also know this kind of thing can go on for a while and that really scares me having false alarms living out here. Ohhh well as long as they stay away. But gosh it was so intense yesterday. Would you say what I described was contractions??? I am the same as you, had nothing like this with my first, nothing at all! No haven't started unpacking, but am planning on packing my hospital bag properly today, so I guess it will go from one suitcase to another. Unpacked all the goodies I bought thou b4 Wade saw them hehe.

sheree~ glad those pains have stopped just rest don't do anything to strenuous, i had irritable uterus so the slightest movement set of a barrage of what the hossy called BH contractions this started from 15 ish weeks pg it was a daily occurence and i spent most days in bed cause i caouldn't bare the pain pretty much labour was a walk in the park compared to the months of agnony i endured so i totally lknow where you are coming form re the freaking out hopefullt it was a once off thing and bubba can wait till you get to mackay if not to put you at ease you may be moving there a little sooner

Yes I remember you having a terrible time and I am soooo glad I have not experienced it to your degree. I am hoping not to move to mackay any sooner, as I have a few things I want to do here and also to now start to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy in my new home (seeing as I have had next to no rest this pregnancy thus far). That would mean so much to me - "you hearin me bubba". I guess if I ever do experience labour I will be able to say if that pain was on par or not or maybe I will never know either.... Anyway heres hoping he atleast stays in for another 2.5 weeks. Thanx darl.

Hi ladies,
    Thanks for the bday wishes for India Rose We took her to the toy store and let her go a bit nuts. Then to the dreaded (out)laws for dinner lol. She didn't get any cake because of her severe allergies. Poor thing. But I naughtily indulged her with a happy meal- with nuggets. Probably the only outside bought food she can eat of all things.

Taking her to seaworld on Saturday that should be fun. We live in Brissy so its only an hour a way. I am having a girls weekend down the coast which should be fun. My girlfriends and I are staying in a 3 brm apt in surfers for the weekend and DH is bringing India down on sat to take her to SW. Then we are going to have a baby free weekend of adult fun lol. Which just means drinking a few and dancing, wine and cheese and games. I am so looking forward to it.

LeanneDid you go to Michael Buble yet? My brother and his GF had tickets for his Brisbane show on Monday night but they have moved to Lightening Ridge for her teaching work. So they offered them to me. I like him and all but its a bit hard to organise myself for the littlies. I am not that big a fan to re organise things to go. So he offered them to my out laws and they are going instead. Hope they enjoy it. MIL thought he was the aussie guy that sounds like Frank Sinatra when I asked her about going last night. So she will be pleasantly suprised no doubt lol.

Shereejoy I too had an irritable uterus with Seraya. Never had it with India. I got it from about 30 weeks onward. Anything strenuous would set if off. I was in and out of hospital because they were worried about early labour. I didn't appreciate all the steroid injections I had to have! The pain was making me miserable. I had excess amnio fluid too so when i would contract everything would tighten around my ribs and push all my organs up into my breast bone. I got to the point where I was contracting every few mins all the time!! Or I would have ones that would last 5 minutes. They are generally all over the place compared to true labour. In true labour, a pattern will be established. But they can be tricky! I thought it was the real deal countless times. Every week just about from 30 weeks I was in and out getting strapped up to the CTG and having fingers shoved up there to check dilation.Oh it was fun. That is why I ended up having an impromtu c section at 38 weeks (17th March 08). I was miserable!! They tried to induce me (India was vaginal birth) at 37 weeks with prostin gel and I was in painful early labour for about 24 hours but then it basically slowed down and my Gyno came and checked me and said my cervix was not even past 2cm. Grrr She said for 2nd baby I should have had it by then. So a week later I was still miserable with pain, and my ribs felt like they were gonna break as they did with India. Her head (Seraya) was still floating because of the excess fluid and Gyn didn't want to risk cord prolapse. When she checked me at 38 weeks she said the baby was still high and was probably another 2-3 weeks away. I decided then on the spot to cut me open! The pain from all the false contractions was driving me spare and she could see that I was on the edge. So that night I went in and had the cesar. And though I was in pain from the op I was sooo happy that I could now recover and not stress out about the baby and all the pain. Sorry for the epic anecdote but yeah just wanted to say I feel you pain. My obs had me on Valium it was that bad. !! Plus a whole heap of other narcotics. Which is another reason I had her- I hated taking all those meds whilst pregnant. Anyhoo. Not long to go for you. Soon you will be running after toddler and telling him to bring back the baby's dirty nappy!! Instead of stressing out about false alarms.
    Well better go and tend to India she is demanding I give her something to eat.
    xx

Thanks Reenie for your story, I most certainly don't want to go thru that. I guess you are NOT having another baby????

Well still no more contractions, YAY!!! Feeling so much better about this now. My body was obviously trying to prepare me for what lies ahead.

Off to Buble. ya ya ya

Sorry.
    Bit excited.

Katys running around still (should be in bed the terror) and DH is on a late shift so this is short....

Sheree, glad things settled down
    Shazz - you know you are three months older than me.... !!
    Hi everyone else

he he leanne really i feel heaps older then i am so happy birthday to you so you were a may baby yourself

smiles4u Guest

Talking

Hi all,

sorry just a fly by ... And wanted to say to India Rose ...

"HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY FOR YESTERDAY ... TO A LOVELY LITTLE GIRL NAMED INDIA"

... Looks like you had just the best day !!!!!!!!

Cendrine's friend Skye from Playgroup turned the big '2' today (she is a very blonde & blue eyed pretty lil girl )

P.S - hey, my surname means " A Rose " (great choice in name)

Cheerio for now from Lorelle xox
    Last edited by smiles4u; May 29th, 2008 at 11:16 PM.

happy birthday India hope you had a great day

hi all i'm so very tired i have and essay due today and have been working ever so hard to complete it but i still have so much more to do like referencing yuk so i'll be back in probably a week the way i'm going this is my last assignment for the semester and it has been the hardest to get motivated on

Hip Hip hooray to India. Hope you had a fab day.

GL with your assignment Shazz, I don't envy you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY INDIA!!! sorry its late

Hope you have a great day at Sea World tomorrow!!! Reenie...enjoy your girls weekend!!

Sheree: Hope bubba stays put for a bit longer!

Leanne: Hope you had fun last night!

Shazz: GL with your assignment!

Kim: Bugger about the house! The market is very slow up here ATM too, I'm guessing because of interest rates.

Sorry its short and sweet, I'm at work and should be doing work hehe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY INDIA!

shazz - funny that Ryan is a neat freak at such a young age, i ahd a little giggle imagining him getting angry at his teenage sister for leaving clothes on the floor. Hope the kids colds go away quickly. GL with the exams!

kim - total bummer about the contract for the house! How disappointing getting that close then having it fall through. I do feel very sorry for you, Darcy's new behaviour sounds EXACTLY like what Archie has been like, only he has just improved, we weren't getting along at all! I hope she gets back to her easy going self very soon.

sheree - great news about the BP and little weight gain! You poor thing getting those false alarms what a cheeky little boy Riley is, running you ragged already! Im sure things will work out just fine though, if you did happen to go into labour you would cope just fine too, we all cope with it when it happens.

leanne - okay then, wear the jeans, can't say im not disappointed though LOL. Jay just informed me that his plan for my birthday this year was to take me to that concert, but things are too hectic here now, i will just have to live it through you..oh and definately go the low cut top, Michael would be so disappointed if you didn't.

gotta go pick Archie up from my Dads place...

woooohooo i did it i'm finished for the semester how exciting i never in a million years would have thought i would be going to uni and doing it successfully one very happy mumma here right now have a great weekend ladies

Woo hoo Shazz!! Want to come and help me write my reports now??? I really wish i could say what i really thought! like sorry but your child is undisciplined and rude and can't read for love nor money LOL No really my class are lovely but a couple are really struggling and its hard to put it in a positive way.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast