Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #52

Ohhh poor Jayden. Hope it is better soon.

How come we are up to 16 pages??? Where are the mods these days????

Hi everybody
    i think they are letting them go to 400 posts something like that as the real talkative ones are very busy and they were always having to start new threads ahh something like that there is a sticky at the top of the threads
    i hope it isn't a fracture Tania he may have jumped on it a little weird and displaced something with out actually breaking anything little kids have pretty flexible bones i know nick did this when he was about 4 there wasn't an actual break ( he did break it 6 years later )

SIL has just left!

Sheree: My belly buddy group went through a thread in 1 or 2 days (Mod commented it was a record), its now every 300 posts.

Shazz: Aww poor Nick! The Dr mentioned they are pretty flexable at his age and can take a bit of knocking around...just wasn't too confident when he mentioned his grand daughter.

LC called me earier and asked if I would go to an ante natal class tomorrow night and talk to them about BF'ing and the problems and perservering etc....I felt terrible but I said no, I'm too shy do it and also its at 7.30pm which isn't the best time to be out when you have 2 kids....I kinda wanted to do it but I don't have her number to tell her anyway...best I don't. The LC I saw when I had Jayden had asked the same thing when Jayden was a baby......Only cause I have all the problems you can have with BF'ing.

Jayden's foot is fine now Not getting it xray'ed today now as he is running and jumping on it...cheeky monkey!

Lots of shopping to do today, Jayden is going to day care and I have LC appt at 12.30pm....Nice busy day! Will be looking forward to bed tonight!

Ash finally did a dream feed last night, usually I have to wake her up othrwise she won't suck...she only took 1 side though but its a start...

Have a great day girls

Hiya all! Have had the most horrendously busy couple of weeks and we get the keys to our new house in a week so I guess it isn't going to slow down for a very long while.

We are good here. Darcy's pushing the boundaries and has to be the tallest 2 year old you've ever seen. If she wasn't a skinny minny I'd have he in 4's! Thank goodness it's getting warmer and it doesn't matter how long her pants are lol.
    Belly's getting huge and I am reasonably well aside from the ongoing dry wretching and the SPD. Can't complain though, finally feels a bit real.
    It's going to take me ages and ages to catch up so I'm just going to start from today and hope you all don't post too much!

Back soon.

PS thanks for worrying Christine
    PSS Glad it's not broken Tania! Don't feel bad about the LC request. I don't know that I'd like to have had my inadequacies put on show either - and what the heck is she doing scaring new mums????

ETA and Darcy cut her finger on a knife today...I felt so bad but her father was supposed to be watching her and then went mad at me!!! He sucks at this sometimes....

Good to hear from you Kim.... Congrats on the house being ready nearly. There is nothing like living in a brand new home...... (at homeworld!!) sorry.... only the Sydney girls will get that one... But seriously, there is nothing like it. Boy Darcy must be really tall.... KAty's still a shrimp. Her cousin who is 4 months younger is almost a head and shoulders taller than her. I should measure Katy. It's been ages... Mental note to self.

Good to hear that it's not a break Tania.

Nothing much to report here. Had today off to spend time with DH. Started off a bit rocky cause the house was so messy I thought I should stay at home and clean, but we ended up going out to Ikea and could have spent a bomb but didn't. Found a whole heap of cool things to put in my daycare room when i set it all up, so now all I need to do is save a little bit. :O)

Hubby bought me Wii Fit yesterday so have done 1 hr yesterday and 1 hr today and I am stuffed! I did not know a body had so many muscles.... My doctor of 20 years won't give me the meds I need to ovulate until I am at least 15 kgs lighter, so I am now more than ever determined to shift this weight. Easier said than done, but I will do my best.

Off to the hairdressers tomorrow for the first time in 18 months to get the works done. cut color foils. Can't wait.

Hello to all the other lovely ladies out there. Hope you have great weekends.....

Leanne - can you explain the Wii Fit, is it only Yoga???

Kim - wow a brand new home, how nice. GL with the move.

Lachlan has a middle ear infection and Wade and I were up with him most of the night. We just could not settle him. And yet my gem Riley slept thru it and slept 10hours. Phew!!! Didn't feel like attending to both of them.

Great to hear from you Kim..Woohoo on the house! How tall is Darcy? I have just bought a height chart for Jayden, haven't measured him yet though!

Leanne: YAY on the Wii Fit! Good luck losing the weight! That reminds me I have to get my hair done, hasn't been done since 2 or more weeks before Ashlea was born!

Sheree: Poor Lachie! Hope he gets better soon! Least Riley is being a good boy!

We had our LAST LC appt today WOOHOO! Ashlea has gained 530g in 2 weeks!! BF'ing is going great now and she hasn't refused since briefly on Monday. We are thinking she has a sluggish bowel but still not sure why when she needs to do a poo that she refuses the breast but not the bottle...She did her 1st big poo since Sat today and she hadn't refused prior to that as she normally would so maybe her system was a bit immature and is getting better now?? Her sleeping all the time too is just her and not because she is lathargic (sp?) like I thought. The LC said she'll leave it up to me when I come back to her which I dont need to now...She gave me a huge hug before I left and said what a great job I've done getting through it, it made me feel soooo good!! I can finally relax with it all now and just enjoy my fat sleepy baby.

Since before Ashlea was born, I have really slacked off with the bedtime routine with Jayden as I was too tired or too fat etc. This week I decided enough was enough and Jayden is to go to bed when I tell him not when he wants to. So during the day (if we are home) its:
    12.00 Lunch
    12.30 Dora (quiet time)
    1.00 Bed If he is in there for an hour and not asleep he can get up, but each day we have done it, he has gone to sleep and slept until 4.30/5pm. Usually if he wakes up that late he won't go to bed until 10pm but now 8.00/8.30 Ashlea Jayden and I read 2 stories in his bed, Chris comes in with Jayden's bottle (I know he shouldn't be having it now!). Kiss goodnight and say I love you to me and Ashlea. I tell him I have to put "Ashee" in bed now, turn out the light and walk out. 1st night he cried for a while, 2nd night cried for maybe 5mins, 3rd night and tonight straight to sleep! Once that is really set I can work on getting his dummy and bottle off him!
    Last edited by Tannis; September 12th, 2008 at 11:14 PM.

Wii fit has a whole heap of stuff on it.
    Basically it is broken down into sections Muscle building, aerobics and balance games. My fav is the aerobics which has running, hula hoooping, step aerobics. Balance has yoga and muscle building has boxing, skiing etc. There are 8 games in each different category ( I actually think there are 4 categories but can't remember the other one!), and as you go you unlock new challenges. After day 2 I am hooked on the hula hooping, and am already in a challenge with a mexican lady on FB.

Ooh Leanne, jealous about the Wii fit...was that for you birthday?????? I love Ikea stuff too. Mum brought me a catalogue when she came down last week.

Great news Tania. Don't feel bad about the bottle. Darcy still asks for one at night too. I couldn't care less. And if one more person asks me "Isn't she too old for a dummy?'....grrrrr

No not for my birthday. I think it was a 'opps I forgot our anniv last week' present.

Leanne- I have been thinking of getting a wii fit, they sound great. AND thankyou now I have the damn homeworld song in my head LOL I love Ikea too but can't afford it atm!
    Riley is still passionate about his dummy, I know he shouldn't have it so much but what the heck it makes him happy! He is addicted to cups of milk in the night too so I have been offering him water instead which he is not too impressed with but I am sick of him having 2 cups of mik during the night. His sleep is still pretty [email protected] but we have been putting him to bed in hiw cot and just sitting in the rocking chair in his room until he falls asleep, its taking an hour but at least he is in his cot not our bed. He still wakes up during the night and coms in with us but some nights its not til 4am which is good, others have been 11.30 which is NOT good.
    Tania- so glad the BF is going so well, you should be proud of yourself for putting in the effort to make it work (You too Sheree)
    We are going to the Hunter Valley tonight for my cousin's son's 21st, its at my uncle's winery (wish I drank wine LOL) An old flame will be there who I haven't seen for more than 20yrs I wish I was thinner and younger!!! My only hope is that he's aged worse than me LOL
    Better go DH has just rung and said to bring Riley in to work to see all the postie bikes.

wow, so many posts to catch up on! I'll tyr my best..

Tania - YAY on your last LC appointment you have done such an amazing job. Hope Jayden's sleeping improves for you.

kim - great to hear from you, so happy that you are finally feeling pregnant and that it is actually real, bummer about the retching and SPD though. Hope Darcy's finger is ok.

christine - sounds like you are having a rough time with Riley's sleeping still, i really do feel for you. Hope your old flame is fat, bald and ugly LOL

shazz - hi there, how did your last 2 exams go?

We had an absolute ball at the wedding!! Our trrip up in the car took forever though and Archie cried for the last 3 hours, he was an angel on the way home this arvo though. Archie stole the show at the wedding last night, all the guests were raving about how gorgeous he was, i felt a bit bad cause there were 2 other kids the same age who got less attention. At one stage i found Archie sitting by himself surounded with chocolate wrappers and empty bonbonieries(sp), so quite a few people missed out he he. ALso i walked out to the dance floor loking for him while tea was on and there he was with the microphone singing over and over "i love mum i love mum" very cute!

Am on CD38 now.........

Old flame still looks the same! It was weird, felt like a 15 yr old for a few minutes when I first saw him but matured after that LOL

Hi all
    hope you all had great weekends exams went well ( well as far as i know anyway) i did get results back for one 15/out of 20 i was pretty stoked about that seen as i got the highest of all the people i study with i am trying desparetly to finish my essay on holistic patient care and doucumentation ( sounds thrilling doesn't it ) so i may be MIA till i get it done so take care everyone and i'll talk to you soon
    oh P.s Ryan still has a bottle for bed and a dummy which he has if he is feeling fragile and i don't care how long he has it he will give it up when he is ready lol gosh that sounds really lazy of me doesn't it anyway back to reading if you see me here seriously kick my butt back to the books i'm so easily distracted

Old flame Christine sounds interesting......

Good work Shazz you are doing so well.

Elissa - how cute of Archie, glad you enjoyed the wedding. After coaxing Lachlan for sooo long he is finally repeating after me "I love you mummy". It is so cute. Ohhh so when are you going to test?

And talking of dummies and bottles, Lachlan also still goes to bed with his bottle with water in it. Uses it like a dummy, I have been into check on him and he still has it hangin out of his mouth and fast asleep. I really don't mind him having one. If only we didn't have to get up to him atleast 1-2 times a night to replace it for him. Ohhh sighhh......... Sooo glad Riley isn't fussed on a dummy really.....

Leanne - that wii fit sounds interesting, I might just have to invest in one.

Tania - so glad your bf experience is becoming easier for you and YAY on the weight gain. Good little girl. Sooo wish I could meet her. We will be coming to Bundaberg/Hervey Bay for Xmas thou.

Just made a new ticker. Like it? Feeling pretty chuffed lately. This breastfeeding experience feels so natural and easy compared to Lachlan's experience, which was down right hard bloomey work!

For those who have breastfed before though, I have a question. Does exercise dry up your milk? What sort of exercise can I confidently do without loosing my milk? I am a bridesmaid for my sister in May. 1 of 5 I might add and they are all rake think (of course!!) and I seriously need to start thinking about loosing my weight, otherwise I will feel so subconsious. But I was so annoyed the other day when my sister said what size are you these days we are trying on dresses next weekend. What tha.... she still has 8mths. Nothin like freakin me out to loose this weight now!!!!

Kim: I can't believe you are 15wks already! Is it going fast for you? I found it went so fast with Ashlea cause I was busy with Jayden, shame though cause I really enjoyed the pregnancy.

Christine: Thanks I said I wasn't going to perservere this time but I did and I'm glad I did now. Woohoo an old flame! Did you talk to him? How was your DH about it?

Elissa: Jayden's sleeping is 100% *touch wood*! Day sleeps have been disturbed a little the last couple of days as we weren't home at the right time today and yesterday SIL was here....I wouldn't sleep with her in the house either LOL. How cute Archie saying that on the mic! Jayden got all the attention at a wedding we went to when he was 8mths old even the waitress took him to show the other waitresses! TEST NOW TEST NOW!!! PM me your address I will send you the HPT's I have....TEST TEST TEST!!

Shazz: WOOHOO on your exam, well done hun!

Sheree: LOVE the ticker!! Riley is so cute! Let me know dates that you will be here and I will make sure I'm free, least I'm not at work now! YAY for your BF'ing experience! Although I had problems initially this time, its still so much easier than with Jayden...we didn't get it right then until about 4mths maybe more. Re: exercise, I ride between 5-6kms a day on my exercise bike and I have no milk supply issues at all, I also run around the house/shops/anywhere after Jayden and stress over how much I do with little or no help and still no worries with supply. You don't have a low supply already do you? I think as long as you are feeding all the time you should have no worries....maybe post in BF'ing problem sect and Barb will be able to tell you...She has helped me with my problems. I am getting a bit annoyed with the weight I still have on me, and it didn't help that when I was standing on Chris' back to crack it (sick and very bad I know!) he asked if I was heavier! We have just been out for dinner though!

I think we may have got rid of the dummy! It is completely broken but Jayden still wanted/needed it (I will take a pic of it, its so disgusting!), we started putting a little honey on it as Jayden HATES honey. So when he asked for it he'd put it in and then say it was yukky, I told him to put it away if its yukky. Now if he mentions it he says "D-D.....Yukky" all while crying but he doesn't want it now. He went to sleep without it today and I don't think he had it to go to sleep tonight either!

I'll be home all day tomorrow hopefully...I have heaps of house work to catch up on! Well bed time for me.

christine - why is it that men seem to age so much better than us?

shazz - well done on the exam results! It doesn't sound lazy to me it sounds very smart

sheree - LOVE THE NEW TICKER!!!! Riley is so adorable! I am so happy for you that you are finding bfing so great this time around. i tested this morning BFN. Please try not to stress about losing the weight for the dress shopping. It is easy to take a dress in when you lose weight.

tania - glad to hear that Jayden is sleeping well. I tested this morning and got a BFN, i am sure im pg though...I would love your tests, how lovely of you to offer them to me, i will pm you my address ASAP, thankyou so much. WOOHOO on Jaydens dummy, thats awesome.

I swear i must be pg but i got a BFN this morning! I have really painful bbs and they are really hot too, i had to take Panadol last night so i could get to sleep cause they hurt so much. Oh please just give me a positive test!!!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast