Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #52

Default Babies Born May 2006 #52

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-

Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie
    ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your old thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2006-51-a.html

Yay Shazz. Congrats!

1 more day Tania - sooo exciting. Wish we lived closer.

KIm - Hi hun, I just saw one of your posts, and thought I better get in here and check abit more on you. I am so relieved all went well with your ultrasound, I know how this spotting plays with your mind, especially after some m/c's. Take care hun and its really nice how your work is keeping a close eye on you.

Its not going to happen tomorrow I don't think, although would be nice I haven't made any plans LOL.....Did a fair bit of cleaning today (and shopping, lunch with a friend, pedicure ) so maybe soon. I wish you lived closer too...the big boys could go nuts at Krazy Maze and we could sit and chat away with the babies! Hows Riley going? Has Lachie accepted his little brother yet? The only thing I am nervous about is how Jayden will react as I think he will be very jealous!

Chris took a new belly pic a couple of hours ago here's the link...
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...&size=big&cat=

Wow Tania, you look great! Hope you get to meet your small one soon.

Congratulations Sister Shazz!!

You look devine Tania. Comon lil bubba.

Tania you look gorgeous, doesn't look like you've dropped much may be a while to wait?? I feel sure its a girl now LOL

Tania you look fantastic.
    I think it is a pink one too!

How exciting!!!!

woohooo tania how exciting oooh i can't wait to you meet your princess ( lol i think a pink bundle too )

No pressure Tania! We will all look pretty silly if its a boy LOL
    Had the Sydney BB meetup at my place yesterday, it was great we had so much fun. Erin wants to do it every week. Got to meet some new people and some old friends, wish you guys could have come too

oooh it was at your house? I didn't even look at the thread because I didn't want to miss out - buggar!!

Have any of you noticed latley that our little people aren't so little any more?
    I was just watching Darcy the other night drinking out of a real cup. She's been able to do it for a long while, but I never really noticed the milestone IYKWIM? Or having a conversation in full sentences on the phone - whne did she learn to do that?
    preggy hormones are really setting in.....

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kim~ View Post
    oooh it was at your house? I didn't even look at the thread because I didn't want to miss out - buggar!!

Have any of you noticed latley that our little people aren't so little any more?
    I was just watching Darcy the other night drinking out of a real cup. She's been able to do it for a long while, but I never really noticed the milestone IYKWIM? Or having a conversation in full sentences on the phone - whne did she learn to do that?
    preggy hormones are really setting in.....

Yes I hear you Kim, and I think it makes u realise even more so when you have a new baby. OMG I just keep looking at lachlan and wondering when did he grow up. Even the fact that my boy has always been so small, you lay him down now and change his nappy and he really is a big brute (well compared to baby riley that is hehe - still pretty small compared to other kids his age). He has such long skinny legs, still appears small though up against other kids his age, but I guess it is just that realisation that he is not my baby anymore TOO. IYKWIM.

kim - i am so glad that bub is still safely hanging on in there. I've been getting all sentimental lately too, Archie has grown up SO much while we have been away, he is taller and he talks almost like an adult! He is so independant now, he is finally getting to an age where we can have fun just hanging out together chatting and making each other laugh. I look at him sometimes and nearly burst with pride he is such an amazing little boy.

sheree - It is so strange to here you talking about Riley AND lachlan now, its amazing how hugely your life can change in one single day! WHat a champ Riley is for putting on all that weight, he will outgrow Lachlan in no time LOL!

We just got home and hour ago, Arch was very happy to get back to all his toys and his own bed. Jay and I are absolutely knackered! I can't wait to see my Mum next week cause i know she'll be amazed at how much Archie has grown and developed in the last fortnight. I had to check out of the caravan park at 10AM today, so had til 5PM to fil in while we waited for Jay to finish work! Took Arch to the cinema for the first time to see Kung Fu Panda, he lasted 45mins. When the screen went bigger and the movie started he yelled at the top of his voice "OH BE GOD!! BIG BIG BIG MOVIE!" very cute.

Oh.....bad mummy confession coming up.....

When i was loading all our stuf into the car Arch was just following me in and out of the cabin, then all of the sudden i noticed he had disappeared. I searched all around our cabin, asked the cleaning lady next door if she'd seen him, he was nowhere!! My heart started to race and i was thinking god what if some dirty old man took him to his cabin and i never see him again (too many movies i know), then i remembered somebody saying that there is a creek running through the back of the park. I started sprinting toward the creek and saw movement in the bushes in the distance. I was so panicked, by the time i reached him he was standing right on the edge of the creek and the ground under his feet was wet muddy and slippery. I just couldn't help thinking if i had been 1 minute later he might well have been another toddler drowning statistic, i was quite shaken by the whole experience. Its just amazing how quickly they can disappear! I knew that, but i didn't quite realise how instantly it can happen i guess. It wouldn't surprise me if i have sprouted my first grey hairs now.

thanks for reading i needed to get that out

thinking of you Tania! (i have thought all along that this one is a girl too!)

shazz - woohoo Nurse Shazz!!!!

christine - i am so jealous of your BB meeting, i was at a play cafe this morning and was looking at the other mums wondering if they were from BB

Thanks guys I feel really good still which I am amazed at, I still feel like I'm 20 wks not 40wks!

Christine: Glad the meet went well....I'm jealous too! No one lives near me

Kim: I have been saying lately how much Jayden has grown up, wasn't sure if I'm just noticing it cause I'm home with him now or if its just that he is growing up....but I am so proud of him....except the other night, I was so upset cause he wouldn't go to sleep and he was saying "sorry mum, sorry"...pregnancy hormones!

Sheree: Email me some pics of the boys! I wanna see what they look like together haha

Elissa: OMG you poor thing! I would have been beside myself! Its not being a bad mummy at all its just kids for you. I guess you just have to look at it positively and think well he is ok. Not sure how Jayden would go at the movies, he can sit through a whole movie (Cars, The Wild, Babe etc) and not hear a peep from him but thats at home, in a cinema it might be different.

Well I'm off to bed, gotta think of some names for this baby....should get some sleep incase something happens. I have been getting cramps on and off all night so hopefully its not oo far off....I'm just so eager to meet this little bundle!!!

oh Tania i hope those cramps lead to some thing soon i nearly sprinted through the door and straight on to BB to check on you

Elissa ~ oh hunny i bet you were beside your self don't beat your self up these little buggers are so quick and lets just be thankful that he is safe and well in your arms glad you had a good trip other wise

Christine ~ i'm so jealous to i would love to have met you IRL
    Hi every body else

my heads all over the place trying to get ready for monday oh i'm so nervous it isn't funny

tania - its amazing that you are feeling so fantastic still!! Maybe that means that you will have a fabulous birth too, i hope so. Gosh thats grewat that Jayden can sit through a whole movie, that will be a godsend when bub arrives! Can't believe you still haven't sorted out a name LOL

shazz - call me ignorant....but what is happening Monday?? Is it your first day of being a real nursing student?

Been down to see family and friends today was great but Archie was beside himself on the trip home, so tired, he is i bed atm, we are going to a housewarming tonight so i hope he is up to it. Plan on havin a few drinkies, will need them to keep me warm in this artic weather!

Shazz: I wish those cramps did lead to something! No cramps today although I have been feeling a bit [email protected] today nad just strange feeling but still nothing. Good luck for MOnday!

Elissa: Generally I am feeling great but as I said above today has been a bit funny. I went to have a sleep and I all of a sudden got really hot and got a headache, so I sent Jayden out to Chris to get me water and panadol...but it didn't help.

Chris wouldn't come out with me today to get Jayden's hair cut or pickup my SIL's lens (ours will be back next week!) because its not something he is "interested" in. Tonight he is going to a going away party and wants me to drop him off and pick him up....is it just me or does that seem really selfish of him when I am 40wks +?? He just made himself his 3rd rum and coke and he hasn't even left for this party yet! It doesn't bother me him going to the party as its only 5mins away but I said I didn't want him drinking in case something happened.....I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast