Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #6

Jodie259 Guest

Marlea - It is me who mixes the formulas - and it works a treat. Controls the reflux/colic - yet is not too thick. As you say, so long as they are the same formula - it should not be a problem. If necessary phone the Maternal health line 13 22 29 or the nurses line 1300 60 60 24 to confirm it. It is worth trying anything until you find what works best. And you're right - DH's have no clue at all. I have threatened my hubby that I will go back to work on Saturdays and he has to take care of Shaun all by himself!! He is starting to understand what I go through during the day. Last night, I was doing a heap of washing, cleaning & sterilising bottles, making formula, doing the dishes (including my sisters mess that she left), making some 'snack' dinner, settling & feeding Shaun - all after going to gym. Then hubby was still hungry, so I popped on the grilller to make him some hamburgers, and whilst the grill was warming up I came in to reply to an email and he cracked it with me for being on the internet! He dragged himself off the couch and said "he was hungry" and I should be making his dinner! I nearly knocked him out. I let loose and sarcastic! I said "I'm sorry - do you want your feet rubbed - I've got a few spare minutes!!" In the end, he realised he was sooooo wrong and he gave me a big hug and apology.

Angelique - thanks for the info...

Jodie - Actually, I might not wait until next week when I go to the clinic but phone and ask on the #'s you gave me.

I'll let you know how I go.

Thanks girls for your support. I know you are here and that's why I tell you. I did tell Cam, but I think he thinks it's an easily fixed thing...you know if he's nice for a couple of days i'll be better....he did get dressed last night and went out and got me choclate and icecream and rubbed my feet though, bless him, I guess he's doing what he knows how to do in an unfamiliar situation.

You girls make me laugh with your talk about the feral children you are having at the moment. I wouldn't have a clue if Darcy is having a growth spurt - she's just feral most days LOL. She hATES the bath and the car so who knows if she's crying then cos she's hungry or if she hates what she's doing?!

L you could always show him the phone numbers and tell him you rang and just try anyway....LOL no don't do that, I don't want ot corrupt you. By the way you busy next week after Tuesday? Feel like a lunch visitor?

K: I'm here all the time! LOL! Come on over !!! My mother's group has finished so now I have nothing to do in the week. I'll still walk up to the clinic on wed's tho. Today I forgot what day it was and missed it. What a "loser I is".

Hi Ladies

Just a quick one....

Well, everything is set in stone for the house. We signed all the paperwork today. It was quite scary actually!! I'm glad you all think that i making a good decision by moving "out bush"! Briley loves being outside, she quitens down straight away when you take her out there. Speaking of Briley, she slept 10 hours lastnight. I put her down after a bath and bottle at 8pm and she slept till 6am!! I was very happy with her. She is absolutely loving the shower!! She is such a happy baby. I am very lucky to have her!

Kim - I am sorry you are feeling a bit under the sun. Even though we don't chat much i hope you can feel like you can talk to me if you ever need too. We all care for you mate. Hope you feel better soon.

Till later girls.....Have fun!!

Sara

Is anyone have problems with their lilypie tickers??? Mine is'nt showing her age properly. Not sure whats going on.

Hey Sara, I'm having trouble with my tickercentral one I can't see mine or any others... I just changed mine to lilypie

what a day ...... i'm sitting here tears streaming i have no idea what is happening with my boy ( middle one 8 year old Nick ) i had to take him to the hospital today with a nose bleed that woouldn't stop after he'd had one through the night that soaked through his pillow (OMG) then i was cooking him his favourite food of all a bowl of rice and he passed out blood streaming from his nose again my hubby bundled him in the car and raced off to the hospital which is just around the corner from our house and i'm stuck here bub is in bed not know what is going on i'm going mad i was hoping that writing will take my mind off of horrible thought s update hubby just texted his come around and they are waiting for the doctor ( small town doctor get called in )

Jodie259 Guest

Oh my Gosh Shazz..... I hope everything is okay! You poor thing. And poor Nick. Let us know when you get the chance. I am sure that he will be okay... but you must be beside yourself.

Thinking about you, and virtual hugs for you.

Jodie
    xx

Thanks Jodie i'm a lot calmer now Nick is home tucked up in bed apparently he passed out from having a panic attack due to the nose bleed as he was frightened he couldn't breathe i'm taking him back to our Gp tomorrow for a follow up i have a few questions i want answered i've never seen a sinis(sp) infection do this before his had a headache for 3 days ( which now i feel really guilty about as i thought he was just getting a cold ) he hasn't eaten any thing other then a bowl of rice half a peanut butter sanga and a bickie in 3 days i offered everything and anything he wouldn't have ice cream and even cup cakes ( so i know his ill ) he said tonight that his neck is sore and his temp is spiking every couple of hours and the 3 massive nose bleeds his had his sick of me checking his little body for rashes etc oh the stress ... i'm off to bed to try and get some sleep in night

Babydreams: You poor thing. Thinking of you and esp Nick - hope he's better soon.

Shazz: OMG, I hope Nick is doing a lot better. Least he is back home safe in bed, let us know how he goes at the Dr's tomorrow. Did they say at the hospital that it was a sinis infection? Sounds like a very severe infection if thats what it is. As long as he gets plenty of fluids I wouldn't worry too much about the food. Oh I hope he is ok!!

Sara: I couldn't get back on MSN, Chris took over and then its my mum's bday today so I had to call her. It was great chatting though!!

Sheree: I know you probably won't read this til you get back from Mackay but I hope you have a great trip and drive safely!! You must be wrapped to have your sister back!

Marlea: LOL @ Kaitlyn washing the windows haha Jayden hasn't mastered that yet but he's def splashing me now with his kicking. He loves baths too but he hates getting out, last night was like nothing I have ever seen and I realised he was feeding a little more frequently. That could be why Kaitlyn was screaming for you too or just wind LOL. Except for a select few men have no idea when it comes to babies!! But it is nice that he is concerned, Chris was like that in the first few weeks looking up things on the net etc but he has stopped doing it I think. He likes to tell me why Jayden is crying ie: "He's hungry when did you feed him last....poor baby your hungry aren't you" Then when I say that he's not hungry that he's tired he doesn't believe me!! Then I say to him "You think I don't know my baby? I'm around him everyday!!" haha Well thats my B***h for the night sorry!!

Kim: I hope your feeling a bit better, and I hope telling Cam lifted a bit of weight off your shoulders even if he doesn't really get it.

Well today was another quiet one, I got a little bit of housework done but I have a very clingy child ATM. A friend came round with her 6mth old daughter poor lil thing feel out of her rocker yesterday while they were outside and she fell face first into gravel!! She has a few little cuts under her eye but no bruising....she is ok still laughing away. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, We are having ALL of DP's family over for coffee and cake tomorrow night for DP's 30th so I have to get food etc for that, jayden's photo's are ready to be viewed and I have to decide if I want the whole $600 package or not and we didn't get the camera again today so I'm hoping tomorrow we will be getting that!

Well there I go again with the long posts!! Sorry guys.....I'm going now hehehe
    Have a good night!

oxoxox

Today Katy was upset from 3pm until 9pm when I finally gave up the ghost and threw her in a bath. She settled straight away. And "fluffies'! all round. Must be wind pain. Poor thing, I hate wind pain.
    So now she's had a bottle and is in bed. Eyes are closed!! Fingers crossed they'll stay that way until at least 5 am tomorrow
    Well I'm off to bed,
    Night everyone.

Morng everyone, esp babydreams. How is Nick feeling this morning? Hope all is well.

Well my dd is still asleep since my last post. I am not sure whether my dd got up in the night to feed her, I can't see any bottle remnants llying around.

My dd has started wriggling her way from one end of the bed to the other. I have an anti roll pillow, but that does not stop the wriggle. When I go in to see her it's always a surprise where she'll be. I'm a little concerned that she'll hit her head against the cot. The way she pushes off with her little legs, they're very strong. She's been a kicker and mover since being in utero.
    I know you are not supposed to use bumpers in the cot but does anyone else worry about 'head hitting?', or am I just being paranoid.

Opps a few typo's up there. I'm sure you can understand it tho. Must be the shock of Kaitlyn sleeping through the night.

That's it for me.

Morning Girls

Marlea: Jayden sleeps in a cradle in my room, one night I forgot to lock it in so it doesn't rock. He must have rolled a little bit but made the cradle tip to one side and he hit his head/face against the side. I know too your not meant to use bumpers but I have used a towl and I have tucked it in under the matress and we haven't had a problem. Is Kaitlyn rolling over yet? I think if she is rolling bumpers might not be so bad as she can roll back if she smothers herself...not sure if this is right though haha.

Must be too early for everyone else! We have a busy day, Jayden is asleep in his cradle so I can get the house ready for tonight.....We are having DP's parents, 5 of his 6 sisters, 4 husbands and 8 kids(ages 3-18)......I spoke too soon, he is stirring now....shhh maybe he'll go back to sleep, I won't hold my breath though he got 10hrs sleep last night!!

Oh, SIL #5 is having her scan today, she is about 9wks PG......So sad though, they have spent nearly $100k on fertility treatment and have been trying for about 7yrs...after countless M/C's and failed IVF attempts, SIL#4 has donated her eggs, the first attempt there wasn't enough eggs and she is on the second attempt now this will be the last too as SIL #4 is 41yo. SIL#5 had 2 fertilised eggs implanted but her first scan showed only one baby, I spoke to her last night and she said she isn't very confident that this baby is alive I told her it could just be nerves, I couldn't tell her it would be ok though as I didn't want to give her false hope and this is probably her last chance for have a baby. So a big for her. Jayden needs a little cousin for him to pick on hahaha

Ok thats enough from me....I'm rambling on again LOL

Have a great day everyone
    oxoxox

Oh Shazz, poor mite!! Sinus infection my a$$! I am a champion nose bleeder and not a one was ever caused by sinus infections (of which I've had plenty of too!!). Have you been giving him anything with ecanachia (Sp? - you know what I mean) in it for his cold? It causes clotting probs and won't help a nose bleed. Also cos he's had such a big bleed his clotting factors might be a bit out of whack ATM, so just be a bit careful with other bumps etc. Hope you get an answer.

Leanne did you ring those numbers? I saw Charles today but I forgot I wanted to ask him about the formula for you...you know cos he always runs like an hour late?! He is soo nice though you can't get upset with him. Darcy's been rolling for ages (you've seen her) and I had to take her out of the cradle for that reason - I didn't want to put the bumpers in. I'm sure if she bangs her head she'll let you know. I also tuck a blanket in around her REALLY REALLY tight (down each side and at the end). I know it's mean, but I want her in the same place I leave her and I want her to stay asleep and not bang her head. OOOh and Kangagym have massage - we'll have to look into that!

Sara I am so excited for you for your house too. I love moving....not my own stuff though....everyone elses. Wish I could help LOL.

Great sleeping Jayden. Good on you for giving mummy a break!! All ly luck is going your way for your house full of people tonight Tania. Though it's probably a good idea at oyur house - at least you have a bit of control in your own territory. Really hope your SIL's scan went well. One of my closest GFs went through what sounds like the same thing - money, time, eggs - she gave birth to a little boy last Thursday.

Vic, Kellee, Jodie, Allison, Bec, Beck, Jess, Nat and Mummy, hope you're all having a good week with your bubbas.

Darcy weighed in at 5.9kg today and her head circ is now 40cm - all average which is good. Gotta keep going with the Zantac (it's a pain remembering) til 6months. We also got a $387 power bill:eek: That's double our highest ever bill. I guess that's the ac we've had on all winter - oh well at least she's not ever been ill.
    Feeling better the last couple of days. Thanks for your support.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast