Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #6

Hi Girls,

Sorry i have'nt been on in a couple of days. My mum called me at 10pm on thursday night and asked if i wanted to go to Rockhampton to visit family the next day!! I said no at the time but i had wanted to give my car a run down and back to see how it would go. It went like a dream mind you! So yeah we ended up leaving at about 11am friday. So thats were i have been all weekend. We got back lastnight at about 7.30pm. Briley and I were buggered!!! She went very well in the car down and back. She was also a little angel the whole weekend. I count myself very lucky!!

Briley is really starting to grow now. She is starting to roll side to side when she is playing and kicks and throws her hand around all the time. She also has been putting her fingers in her mouth heaps lately and making herself gag at times! Not sure why, just something to chew on i suppose. Babies dont start teething yet do they? My mum brought one of those play mats to keep at her place for Briley and she absolutely loves it. It got these flashing lights all over it and plays music, its really cool. Mum got it from Toys R Us for a bargain too. She took it too the registers and it came up as $100 when it had a docket for $49.99. So they checked it and it was new stock and had been put in the wrong place so they gave it to her for the $49.99 price. She was lucky!! When we were going down to rocky i took the toys off the play mat and put them all around Briley's capsle. She loved it!

Vic - I use Avent Naturally bottles. Briley took to them straight away. Every baby is different though, but give them a try and see how you go. Hope it all works out for you.

Mummy - When i went to the show here is Townsville i was still breastfeeding Briley. When she needed a feed i would just go and sit in the grandstands and watch whatever was happening in the main arena. I found that most people did'nt really care. I think because its such a natural thing people don't mind if your doing it in public. Although you do get the odd person who does turn their nose up too it but who cares. If you feel comfortable doing it then go for it, bubs needs to be fed. I think it is a bit sad that the show society does'nt provide facilites for mothers though. I thought i was compolsary these days.

Baby- Sorry to hear that you guys are'nt feeling so well. We have managed to avoid getting sick since Briley has come along luckily! I'm not looking foward to the day though when she does get sick! Its gotta happen sooner or later i suppose. Hope you all feel better soon.

Kel- Nice to hear that you are trying to do a bit of exercise. I was thinking, maybe your one of those people who needs to do more circuit training than just walking. What body type are you?? I was reading in the newest cosmo mag about this sort of thing. It tell you what sort of exercise you should be doing to suit the shape of your body. Maybe you should have a read of that and see how you go. I know what its like to feel crappy about your body. I have had weight issues since my first pregnancy. I could never seem to shake it. Then when i fell pregnant with Briley it all came off. I went right down to 75kg. Now i am starting to put in back on. Which i am not happy about at all i might add. Good luck with it all. Also i just realised that Tody was born after Briley. So he is a June baby aswell. Goes to show how much notice i take!! I thought i was the only one here that had a June baby. Did you go over??? Cause your DD was a day before mine was'nt it??

While I was in Rocky, Brent went away pig hunting with some mates. They did quite well. Anyways, his phone was out of range the whole weekend and he called me yesterday arvo when he got home. He said that he had a suprise for me when he got home and they it was for the farm. I knew it woud be an animals so i started guessing all the baby animals that he could've caught where he was. I also knew it would be sometings stupid. So after 2 guesses i got it!! He caught a bloody baby emu!!!! :eek: So know we have an emu in our greenhouse!! I feel sorry for the poor little bugger. So that given you guys a bit of an idea of what my DP is like!!

Last but not least Egg Donation:

As a few other have said, I probably would but only after i have had my kids and only too very close friends and family. Its a big thing. Your basically donating one of your kids i suppose. Surrogacy i'm not sure about. Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the situation i suppose. I really hope it never come to that for anyone i know. Either of them.

Ok.......that is the longest post i have ever done!!! I hope all is well in parenthood for you all. Talk tomorrow.

Ciao

Sara

afternoon all

Sara lol at the emu you now have thats something my DH would do ...yay at Briley being a good girl for your weekend away
    on egg donation

i haven't really answered this before as it is a touchy one when we decided to try for another bub we had 3 options my hubby have a vascetomy reversal or ivf with a tesa or sperm donation i was all for anything that could get me what i wanted so bad but this attitude nearly distroyed my marriage my husband even though hewanted another baby he could go through with donation as the other 2 kids are biologically his after many hours of talking i finally understood his reasonings even though i'm sure he would have loved that child no matter what i'm am so glad that there is that option out there for people even though we didn't end up needing it in the end so i think i would donate my eggs after my experiences even though i'm sure their not that crash hot

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Gee not much happening in here today...where are you all girls????

Sara ~ yes I find that it doesn't seem to bother most people (and too bad if it does, I say), and I have myself definately past the stage of being uncomfortable, if Phoebe needs a feed then she needs a feed. We were going to go and sit in the grandstand, but as the fireworks were going to start soon, it was packed out. We ended up sitting in a poorly lit lawned area. I just thought it would have been much more comfortable for us both, if there were a BF seating area or a van. If the show society did provide this on the day, we certainly couldn't find it.

Take Care girls, hope to chat tomorrow. X

Hey Girls,

Kel: I get Jayden weighed tomorrow so I will know either way how his feeding is going. I bought a pale pink beaded necklace with a big square shell (hard to explain, I'll get pics when I get it) and a gecko keyring, it was so cute!!!

Shazz: I hope you all get better soon!! Its tough on a relationship when one of you want something so bad, you obviously have a great marriage to get through something like that. Don't underestimate those eggs LOL I've heard egg produced are better if you have had a baby within the last few years, not sure why or how though haha. Poor Nick, big to him!

Sara: What a big trip at such short notice! Great to hear it went well though. What are bargin you got with the playmat, Briley will love it. LOL @ getting a pet baby emu, don't want to be a stick in the mud but is it legal to keep an emu? How good would it be keeping one though!

Mummy: Thats very dissapointing that the show didn't have facilities for BF'ing mothers! Where did you end up feeding her? Even with a bottle where would you heat it up? Good on your DH for going on the ride with Samuel, I hope you didn't delete the photo's haha

Egg Donation

Thanks everyone for your opinions on this, it is a very serious subject and if you are unlucky enough to be in the situation of needing a donation or know someone who is in need its nice to know it is generally a supported topic(does that make sense??) SIL #5 is looking outside the family now for egg donations which really suprised me, so I am considering it. The only problem I have is that I haven't finished having my childen and I would be very scared I won't be able to have babies afterwards if I went through with it. On the otherhand I am only 27 and I fell PG very easily with Jayden and I think I would be ok as long as DP didn't leave it too long before wanting another. The other drama I have too is would I look at that baby and think of it as mine? I have a lot of thoughts going through my head ATM. I haven't talked to DP about it yet as I'm really not sure if he would support it or not, but it absolutley breaks my heart to think of someone(anyone) not to be able to have children when they want to, and what better gift could you give?? They are doing tests on the embryo to see why it didn't survive but if everything was ok with SIL#5 to carry, she will try again.

Anyway enough for tonight, I'm buggered!! I finally got my shopping done, tax almost done and a bookshelf on its way....I'm getting organised. Jayden and I are off to CHN tomorrow to get him weighed (they still want to monitor his weight) so hopefully its good news.

Goodnight Everyone

oxoxox

This is just a quick one for Shazz -I know you work Tuesdays. I got goosebumps for you when I read your post about Nick. I'm guessing they explained all that to you. I'm sending all the positive thoughts and prayers his way.

Good luck with your needles today Toby.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Once again, no time to catch up on all the posts ... got to read a few before actual clock on time at work started ... have to go and get the mail shortly.

Work ... not too bad ... the ***** returned yestie and as always is still not talking to me ... Ithink she keeps clear as she was told to stay away from the girl who i sit next too ... very funny. All those files I had for her ... she chucked them on the bosses desk yestie ... no explanation ... it's her work!! grrrr

STILL don't have the results back from Jovi's hip scan, although when we were there they thought it wasn't her right hip (like the other sonographer had said) but that it was her left. Ok so aside from anything, it tells me that she still isn't better. Just waiting to here from my dr's what she got told and go from there I guess.

Needles were yucky. She was a bit more fussy this time.

Last night was a shocker and some sleep would be good. She hardly slept at all during the day for Scott and during the night she just kept screaming ... she'd sleep for 1/2 to 1 hour then wake up screaming and crying ... was not a fun night at all!

Ok, gotta run but saw this in the posting ...

Baby questions
    Are you BF or FF and if FF, what formula do you use?
    FF - Jovi was on NAN (regular not GOLD) but as we have absolutley no luck in finding it here anymore (which is ridiculous!!) she has switched to heinz ... she's got a little tummy ache at the moment, but that's from switching ... hopefully she'll be right by the end of today!
    Whats the longest stretch of sleep at night?
    About 10 hours one night! It was awesome!
    Have you managed to get a routine at all?
    No not really ... especially now I'm at work, and Jovi still won't let Scott out of her sight or sleep long enough for him to do anything ... I usually get some house work done when I get home
    Any rolling over, smiling, 'talking'?
    Scott rolled her over the other day ... hated it. HEAPS AND HEAPS of smiles and talking, esp. when she's having her bottle
    Funniest thing that has happened to baby?
    You know ... I know there was something that had me in tears but do you think I can remember what it was!!!
    Baby names given?
    Pumpkin Head, Ferret, Toad (when she's been a litle naughty), Daddy's Little Rabbitoh, Possum

Mum questions
    favourite food?
    Icecream with Choc Quick
    where would you most like to be right now?
    In bed sleeping!!
    favourite TV shows?
    Oh god ... Lost, Blue Heelers (I watch a lot of reruns), Prison Break, Smallville, The Wedge, Law and Order SVU, CSI Miami ... that's all I can think of right now.
    best thing about having kids?
    Wasting time and having an excuse for it, perfect love, everything! poopy diapers and all (actually have you noticed how you get excited when they have one?? bizarre)

Kellee ~ Yep normally once Em is down I don’t have to get up to for about 8 hours which is good. I am applying for a BA in Midwifery so fingers crossed I get in!! Its very competitive so we will see how I go. We don’t really have the $ around here either. I can’t wait till next year and I think we’ll do some finger painting LOL. I hated that in between stage as well with the weight issue. It sucked!! No ideas on how to calm Toby either. Sorry I’m useless LOL. And I know what you mean about catching up on washing… as soon as I think I have there is more there!! It must be worse for you with more people!! Glad to hear that the met with the fellow BB’er went well. I get along really well with the SA girls over here!!

Jodie ~ I can’t believe you have 102 little Golden Books. How cool!! It was great chatting to you online last night as well!!

Kim ~ LOL @ having a neat house!! And that man sounds scary lmao!!

Leanne ~ Big to you hun. We all have days like that.

Vic ~ I’ve got no idea re Adam and taking a bottle. Em fussed at first but took to it fairly well considering he started out chocking on the damn thing LOL. How cute that DS1 has everything for the puppy but no puppy yet LOL. He must be so excited!! It sounds as though he had a lovely birthday! Time to change your ticker LOL!! Hope you are feeling better as well.

Tania ~ Another jewellery party!!! Those parties tend to go around in phases as everyone you know has one lol!! I hope you come to a decision re egg donation. Just a thought – just because you conceived easily the first time doesn’t always mean you will the second time. But the girl that I know you did it (the same girl that Mummy knows!!) went to have 2 kids after donating. I love getting organized!! DP is getting a toy box for Christmas for Em and eventually I want to get a matching bookshelf as well!!

Shazz ~ I hope you are all feeling better. How cool to be organizing a reunion!! A lot of work for you though! I hope Ryan starts behaving for his Dad!!

Mummy ~ I am so surprised that the show didn’t have BF facilities. How disgusting. Every place I go to seems to have a Parents Room and I would have thought the Gawler Show would have had that as well. That is so cute of your DH. He is a big man and I wish I had seen him on there. I think its great that he did it for Samuel!! That will make for some great scrapbooking!!

Sara ~ What a big spur of the moment trip. I am planning to head to my Nan’s sometime soon which is a 3 hr drive and I’m nervous already! The playmat sounds great and what a bargain!! Emerson is starting to move around heaps now as well. She may or may not be teething – I do know that babies games go through a ‘hardening’ phase (please someone correct me if I’m misinformed LOL) and they love chewing on things!! Congrats on your longest post ever as well LOL. And I can’t believe you have an emu!!! How cool!!

Beck ~ Good to hear from you!! LOL @ your work gossip – bring it on!! I miss work gossip hehe!! I’m not looking forward to the next lot of needles!!

I have had a busy few days!! Saturday I was visiting my nan in hospital, then my dad, step-mum and siblings came down for tea. Then Sunday I was called in early to work and then yesterday I spent the day cleaning. When I did come into post yesterday I couldn’t get any of my pages to load – arghhh!!! Nobody else had the problem and of course DP gets home and I start complaining and asking him to fix it – went to show him the problem and of course it was working again!!! Made me look silly!!!

Okay I have a question regarding coloxyl drops. Em got constipated again and I started putting them in his bottle 3 times a day last Thursday - since then he has gone 3 times but all of them have been harder and greeny in colour in comparison to his normal yellow soft poos that we were getting regularly once a day. We had a few screaming fits last week (both starting in my mums arms the poor thing!!) but since the drops he seems to be fine. So I guess my questions are – Do you think the drops are working?? Should I try a new formula?? He isn’t off his feeds and seems alright…

He is sitting on my lap now talking to the computer hehe. He has only had ½ hours sleep today… little monkey!!! One of the girls in another thread gave me a great idea for a Fathers Day gift (I know like he doesn’t have enough already!!). It is a gorgeous poem and the idea was to print out the poem (called Footprints) and take a print of Em’s feet and then a Daddy & Em picture and frame it all. I’m just trying to work out how I’m going to do it now… I’m so excited about it!! This is a huge post!! Will chat later I’m sure…

Hey Girls,

Beck: Did Jovi have her 4mth needles? I have heard they react worse than the 2mth ones because these poor bubs know what is going on more IYKWIM. Good luck again with the results of the hip scan.

Shazz: Hows Nick doing? Poor babe, my thoughts and prayers are with him!!

Vic: I hope this run of sickness leaves your house soon....its been going on for a while now!!

Nat: The 1st jewellery party I didn't buy anything haha and it was a different one anyway, but these parties are fairly constant in Bundy as there is nothing better to do LOL I have another Gekho (jewellery) party I think next month then a candle party next month and in oct and I am also having a candle party in oct, I think that is all haha I'll be broke in no time LOL. I love your new ticker....its very eye catching!! Is 7.3 inches right though? I can't help you with the coloxyl drops sorry I haven't used them.

Jayden gained 150g in 3 weeks which is ok (not great) but he is also on the lower side of normal weight range (he has just hit 5kgs), so I have to go to the dr's to get tablets to boost my supply and try and feed him at least 8 times a day!! He is now feeding about 5 times a day and sleeping through the night, so trying to fit 8 feeds in will be hard at first. We are going to the inlaws for dinner tonight only DP won't be there, he is working.

Anyway this will probably be my shortest post LOL

Have a great night - I'll check in later
    oxoxoxox

Just on quickly before we head out to dinner. Had a really nice time meeting all the BB girls today.

Darcy's had a really wierd day today. I was up and down like a thousand times over night, but you'd put the dummy back in and she was asleep - so she had lots of sleep. Today though she screamed louder and harder than I have ever heard. She is desperate to go to sleep and even went to sleep sitting up this afternoon, but is fighting it and all of a sudden will scream for no reason. She has continued screaming all afternoon. She doesn't have a temperature, but I feel like something is wrong. I hate this.

Vic I really hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you need a holiday....LOL

Nat that is my favourite poem ever. I've had it on my door since I was about 13. I can get you some other cute daddy ones if you're looking for them.

Sara - how cool. I love impromtu trips. We used to do that all thetime....just seems so much hassle now. Glad the car went well.

Mummy, good to know its not only the mummies willing to make fools of themselves.

Oh Back, sorry to hear the needles didn't go so well. I don't miss that office political garbage at all. You are doing very well.

Anyone heard from Jess lately? How are all you other girls going?

Tania ~ I love the new ticker as well!! I like updating my tickers all the time! Something new to look at!! 7.3 inches was very wrong lol - it was meant to 19.3... don't know how that happened - it is all fixed up now!! Fitting those feeds in would be hard. Em is having 5 feeds a day as well and is back down to about 100-120mls at each feed. I put him down at about 8.30 last night and he slept through till 8 this morning only waking once for a bottle at 2am. We have had our fair share of jewellery parties here too. I hosted my own a few weeks ago LOL. This Friday I am having a Learning Ladders Party!! I'm so excited about it hehe! It should be a great get together with the girls!

And yes Beck good luck with the hip scan!

I am actually scrapbooking again LOL... I know - shock horror!!

ETA ~ Just saw your post Kim. I would love another cute Daddy poem. I can use it in my scrapbooking!! I haven't heard from Jess lately but I think she mostly posts in the June buddies group as that was when she was due. I hate the screaming as well. Em did that a few times last week and it sucked big time. Are they short little screams without a breath being taken?? My mum thought Em had broken bones he was screaming so painfully. I hope she settles for you soon. Em is fighting sleep today as well... has only had an hour since 8 this morning :eek:

Hi Girls

Well we just came back from a visit at the new house. It was really sad actually. The people we are buying the place from, Michael and May, are in their 80's and have lived in the house for 27 years. We found out not long after we first looked at the place that Michael had cancer and they did'nt think he had long to go. So he was in and out of hospital for a while and the other day the agent went out to visit them and an ambulance was rushing him to hospital. He died. We were always going to go up there before settlement date so that he could show Brent around the place properly, but we did'nt get the chance. So we went up there today anyways and the May showed us around. Brent and I were a little apprehensive about going up, but she was considerably good. May just brought a house in the city and then Michael died. Brent made a comment while we were up there which i think suprised us all because her children had said the same thing. He said that the old man, Michael, must have been holding on until he knew that May was safe. It was the right thing to say at the right time! She held herself together so beautifully. I really felt for her.

So anyways, May is leaving us so much stuff. She went through the house and asked us if we wanted to keep this and that. Because you can imagine what a couple their age living on acreage has stashed away. We just said whatever you's can't move leave it there and we will see if we want it or not otherwise we will get rid of it for them. We can't wait to get out there. It really came home that this was OUR HOME now. I never thought the day would come. I am really proud of myself actually. I'm 22 and just brought a house to live in with my partner of 6 years and our new daughter!! What a spin out!!:eek:

I went to Target today and brought myself $200 worth of awesome clothes! I would'nt normally spend that much, but i got $1700 back on tax and thought i would treat myself to some new clothing! I went on the right day cause they had a clearance sale on all womens clothing sizes 16-18. Perfect timing! Tomorrow i am going shopping again to but some things for the new house out of the rest of the money. Shopping Shopping Shopping!! It great exercise and very tiring!!

Shazz - Hope all goes well with Nick. I imagine its quite a scary time for you all. Here's a hug!!

Tannis - It's good to hear that Jayden has put on some weight. I know it ain't much but it's better than nothing hey! Are you and your partner a small build?? Maybe he is just going to be a small baby?? Don't worry to much. He'll probably grow up and be the ginormous basketball player!!

Vic - You poor darling!! Sick again.... Like Kim said, I think you guys need a holiday!! You guys live on the sunny coast though don't you?? It should be a permanent holiday down there. It does get cold during winter they hey. Bring on Summer!!!

Lea - Your father's day idea sound great. I wish i was crafty enough to do something like that. The craftiest things i have done was collages and i once accidetly broke a mirror so i brought a frame and broke the mirror into peices, spray painted the frame silver and super glued the mirror around the frame. It really did look awesome and i still have it. This was when i was 16 though. I am just going to buy Brent a Garth Brooks cd box set i think. He will love it i know. Not sure what i will get him from Briley. Something sweet anyhow. I'm not sure what happening with Briley's gums. Maybe what you said about the hardening could be right. I can see shape of the teeth under the gums though. I'm going to see a health nurse tomorrow to get her weighed and measured so i'll have to ask. Yeah the trip was spur of the moment but good. I was glad to catch up with my cousins. They even took me to an engagement party with them. I had my mum and aunty babysit Briley and I had a ball. I was sad and anxious to leave Briley though.

Kim - Sorry to hear the needles did'nt go well. I am soooooo not looking forward to Briley's 4 months shots. At least i have a month to prepare myself for it!! Darcy sounds like she is going through the same stage as Briley. The screaming i mean. Briley seems to be doing a lot of that at different times. I feel helpless when i can't calm her. Hope they both get over it soon!!

Beck - Not sure we have spoken before, but anyways.....Hello!! You'll probably have to update me on what is happening with Jovi's hips and the *****y workmate issue?!? I also was curious of a few comments you made that gave me the impression that your DP stays at home with Jovi. Is that right??? Not something you hear much of...the man staying at home with the kids!! Brent, my DP, said he would if i could earn as much as he did!! I don't think that's likely to happen!! Keep us posted on Jovi.

Well, looks as if i have written another mammoth post!! Sorry!!! Hope all is well with everyone else. Will be back on tomorrow, hopefully with a smaller post. See how my day goes.

Ciao

Sara

Evening Girls,

OMG I am tired!! I feel like I haven't stopped all day! DP came shopping with me after the Jayden's check up and I was showing him some tshirts in BigW for Jayden that are pink and the other is pink and brown. DP likes wearing pink himself (and it suits him LOL) and wanted Jayden to have a pink tshirt too so I finally found somewhere that has them in Jayden's size. I'll have to put them on him and take pics for you all to see, one is a little girly I think but the brown and pink is hot!! Dinner was good (but a free meal always is esp if you don't have to do the dishes afterwards LOL)

Kim: Hope you had a nice time at dinner. Great to hear the BB meet went well. Jayden does that too with stiring during the night, but he is still asleep but just wants the dummy back in his mouth. Some nights he does it and other he doesn't so I wonder if they are dreaming or nightmare maybe and they need the dummy for comfort?? Who knows but I hope she settles down for you!!

Nat: LOL @ 7.3 inches...what a tiny bubba!! 19.3 sounds better haha. I like changing tickers now too, this one is my second....I made another one but I didn't like it in the end so I never used it...prob about time I updated again LOL. Whats learning ladders? Sounds interesting. Good on you for the scrapbooking haha

Sara: OMG what a sad story....I had tears welling up in my eyes when I was reading it!! How nice of May to give you and Brent the things she no longer needs (or can't have). Its quite an accomplishment owning a house and having a bub at the age of 22, you should be proud of yourself ( haha that prob sounds of mumsy I didn't mean it to be). Well done on buying yourself heap of clothes too.....I'm a bit selfish I think I've been doing it since I first went shopping after Jayden was born.....I wanted to be a yummy mummy LOL. I even left Jayden in his pram with a girl working at Supre while I tried things on (I'm a mean mummy!!). Chris and I are both small ppl so I figure Jayden will be small too. The Health nurse I see always seems to make me feel really down after seeing her and makes me worry about his weight, but when I see the lactation consultant (same place) she makes me feel really good and is very positive. I agree that some is better than none!!

EGG DONATION
    Not much to update with this, I told DP this afternoon that if all is ok with SIL #5 to carry a baby to term that I was considering donating. He had the reaction I thought he would "I don't care, if you want to" I said both of us have to go to counciling if I do it and he said he will tell them to do whatever cause he is busy!! Bloody MEN!!(can I say that??) Its just his way of saying do want you think you should but he is so insensive about everything and I was wishing he would have a real opinion on the topic!! Anyway found out from MIL that SIL#4 is going to donate again if there was nothing wrong with the eggs last time (she is 41 so her eggs may have been too old too but her youngest is only 3 thats why they used her). I didn't mention that I was thinking about it, I will wait to see what happens first. I have an appt at the Dr's thursday to get these tablets so I will talk to him about it too before I say anything to SIL#5.

Well thats all from me I think........hmmm yep thats it. Jayden has been asleep since 11pm so I best be sleeping too

Nighty Night GIrls
    oxoxooxoxox

PS I did fit 8 feeds in today YaY!!!

OK so can someone remind me NOT to drink red wine when I have a little person who still thinks it's fun to get up 58thousand times a night???? I wasn't even tipsy, but man red wine gives you a headache! Of course she didn't want to sleep in today, and now she is sleeping, the carpet cleaner man is here and I can't go to bed :grr:

Nat, I had heaps so I sent you an email with it all.

Sara that's so sad about Micheal, but I'm a believer in that too. I've sat with so many people as they've passed and it's very often the case. How's the emu baby??? Target do have some nice stuff.

I'm off to the ob again this arvo. I cannot wait for this to be over. Since I'm off the minipill and I'm still feeding, do you think I'll get another AF?

Hello all,
    Just thought I would drop in to see how things are going, and so much to catch up on!!

Kaitlyn's had a few good nights these past few days, on Monday night she slept from 9pm to 9am. I had to check to see that she was still breathing!!
    We are taking her to the dr tomorrow as the clinic nurse thinks she needs some medication for her reflux, but I think she might be growing out of it. Does this ususally happen after three months... She'll be 4 months on Saturday week. People are also asking if we have her on solids yet.... What the? She's now 61cm and 6.5kg. I don't think she needs them yet, she's growing quite nicely on the Formula thank you. Isn't it usually 6 months and why the rush? Has anyone got their kiddies on any solids yet? What are your thoughts?

After my extremely bad day last Saturday I am feeling a lot better. There's been a great reduction in tears which is good. Apologies to Kim for not calling you..... I'll shout you a cuppa at Gloria Jeans yeah?

I am also seeing the dr for me tomorrow, fingers crossed he has some answers on how I can feel better. Whether I need just time or something more I just don't know. Thank you all for your hugs and kindness.

Hope you are all doing well, for those feeling sick I hope you feel better soon. I hope that those babies who are unsettled and screaming (which is most of us), settle for their mummy's and daddy's tonight.

Oh before I forget, I almost drowned my DD the other night. She was in the 'big bath' and she slipped out of my hands and went under. I panicked, and she panicked and kicked and wriggled and subsequently swallowed some water. It was only about a second from the time she slipped to the time I saved her but it seemed to go in slow motion. It freaked Katy out so much she coughed and spluttered and then started screaming, so I took her out and cuddled her and then put her back in so she would not be afraid of the bath. She was okay after that but I was so freaked out I did not even wash her hair and took her out the bath.
    Talk about your heart coming out your throat. So, needless to say last night she was back in her baby bath where we had more control.

Sorry for the lack of personals - next time.
    Take care everyone

Oh Leanne, GG sounds great - are we still on for Tuesday?? I dropped Darcy the other night in the bath too. Stupid thing was it was in the kitchen sink at mum's and she was sitting up. She hit her little face on the tap. I like you Leanne kept going so she wouldn't panic too much and become frightened. I was scared to tell Cameron, but he knows how much she wiggles and just said "Oh well she's OK". It's the worst feeling I have felt and I've been in some scary situations. I'm glad you're going to the doc. Just so that a pro is monitoring you. That always made me feel better - that someone accountable was aware of my situation.

Me is back too, got back on Monday from my trip to Mackay.

Can't chat for long as it has just taken me ages to read all the posts, wanted to reply but I just don't have time now.

Lachie is generally good these days on formula, so much more content. Had a couple of bad days in Mackay but all in all he was a very good baby. Finally I feel like I am getting somewhere.

Anyways everyone I went cold turkey with the boobs and OMG painful, I was feeding up to 9-10 times a day and OMG they hurt sooooo bad, but a few days of this and they had settled thank god and boy the lumps, ewwww I sooo wish I had of weaned now, but with it all coinciding with my holiday it was way too hard to continue expressing while I was away.

So yes Lachie is on formula and boy what an experience these new found poos. Hard to clean off his bum let me tell you. I go thru soooo many wipes it aint funny. Still yet to master this.

I think I told you that Lachie has gone from 25 percentile born to 10 and now under 3 so he was not thriving and this made up my mind to go onto formula. He weighed in at 4.88kgs on Tuesday so he is still tiny, but had put on 340grams in 2 weeks which is a big improvement from just over 100grams per week to 170grams per week. So hopefully he will grow big and strong now.

And he gave me 8 hours sleep while I was away, it was a one off but he does generally give me a first long sleep of anywhere from 5-7 hours, but the 8 was great!! Just wish it would happen again.

Oh and since being on formula (if I thought he threw up heaps before on breast milk) he is throwing up huge amounts now. But as I said to paed the amount he is throwing up is concerning but he is weeing/pooing and seems more content, very very confusing. My mum said while I was away, ooohhhh you threw up more then Lachie, but as a couple of days passed she said oh no he does throw up alot doesn't he. She also said I screamed alot after feeds and I must have had reflux as a bubba too but they didn't diagnose it as that those days.

The paed has suggested strenthening his feeds, more scoops of formula to same water to increase calories and thickness, so see if this works. Its just a pain we can't put him on reflux formula due to his cows milk protein intolerance.

We might have to put him on solids early yet to keep his feed down but will try the thickening first. Just that if we go solids so early and with his intolerance it worries me about allergies. Just don't know what to do!!!!

Glad you are all well, did read every single post. Kim hope you are feeling better honey.

Gee I have been on here way too long, gotta run he is now crackin up.

Cya lovely mummas.

Sara ~ Yay for going to the engagement party – sounds great. It would have been a bit nerve wrecking leaving Briley behind though! The mirror sounds awesome!! I’ve never done anything like that before. That is so sad yet so beautiful about Michael and May. And congratulations on buying your own place – you sound ecstatic and so proud like you should be!!

Tania ~ Hehe @ 7.3 inches!! Learning Ladders is educational toys, books, games etc – it is great stuff and they have a website too. The parties are lots of fun because you can bring the kids and everyone sits around having a ball!! YAY for fitting in 8 feeds as well!!

Kim ~ DO NOT DRINK RED WINE LMAO!!!! Thank you so much for the email. It was great! Fingers crossed that being off the minipill and BF you may not get AF… I’m not sure!! Poor little Darcy hitting her face on the tap – I understand that worst feeling. They’re fine but somehow you feel like the worst person in the world.

Leanne ~ OMG @ sleeping 12 hours through… I cannot wait!!! Gloria Jeans sounds rad – I wish I was closer LOL. :eek: @ Kaitlyn going under. When I bath Em now I just put enough water to lay him down in so I don’t have to hold him IYKWIM. He just kicks and splashes about and I can watch. It is much easier. Mind you Em has figured out how to roll in the bath LOL and has come up spluttering a few times hehe!!

Sheree ~ WELCOME BACK!! So good to hear from you!! Things sound like they are going really well with Lachie. Ouch @ the engorged boobs though LOL. I was the same with Em when I stopped – I ended up hand expressing to ease the pain. Best of luck with his feeds now – I was exactly the same as Lachie when I was a bub and went on solids early as well. (I was on full solids by 6 months). Good to have you back hun!!

Just a quiet one around here today. Should really go and do those dishes…

Hey Girls,

Nat: I was just thinking I should do the dishes before I go to bed....wanna come do mine when your done with yours? Learning Ladders sounds good, I might see if we have anything like that up here. We got 7 feeds in today including one FF, he just wouldn't attach so I didn't keep trying just prepared a bottle, then topped him up half hour later with boob...now he is fast alseep!!

Sheree: Welcome back Hun!! Poor you with the boobs, but least its all over with now and you and Lachie can relax! I just had Jayden weighed on Tuesday and he has dropped from the 25th to between 5th and 10th percentile, so I was a bit upset over that because I thought we were doing much better....so back to the 'ol drawing board haha. Hope you had a great time in Mackay but I'm sure your glad to be home though.

Leanne: Great to hear you are feeling much better but also good your still seeing the Dr too. Well done Kaitlyn for sleeping for your mummy...just don't scare here LOL. I nearly drowned Jayden too by putting him on his tummy in the bath but not lifting his head high enough....poor kid, lucky he wasn't worried at all just coughed a bit then was ok.

Kim: LOL @ the wine...I've never been good with wine and def wouldn't be now as its been about 16mths since I've had a really good night on any kind of alcohol, hope your feeling better though. I hope AF leaves you alone. I haven't had AF yet, thank god!! and a friend of mine went off the mini pill and is still BF and hasn't had AF since, so you should be right.

We have had a real lazy day today....I got Jayden dressed but I decided to spend the day in my PJ's haha. I have been on Ebay tonight and OMG!! I just started bidding for the fun of it ......and won nearly everything....including a size 000 GIRLS top and pants....I don't have a girl, I don't know anyone having a girl and I don't know a little girl that will fit into it haha but it was really cheap $1.75!!! I also got 22 items of boy clothes for $10.50, wondersuit and coverall for $1.04 and pumpkin patch shorts, pant & 2 tshirts for $25 What a bargin!! I can't wait to get it all now haha.....Jayden has to be the best dressed bub in bundaberg I think haha He at least has the most clothes haha

Anyway Nat hasn't got here yet to do my dishes so I better go do them and put the clothes in the dryer.....ooo and put Jayden in his cradle, I left him sleeping on my bed (good thing he can't roll yet!!)

Night night Girls

oxoxoxox

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast