Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #10

dan: yeah thats why im confused. I want another baby and I would love to be pregnant again but I barely cope with just Mason atm so I really dont know what to do. Maybe throw caution to the wind?

We are discussing the xmas situation this afternoon...we're definitely both going to wake up with him in the same house, my bed is still there so we will just sleep seperately, there's no way I'm missing him rip his wrapping paper to shreds (I say this as Blake is tearing up envelopes in the background lol) and he shouldn't miss out either. As far as the rest of the day goes, we have no idea yet !

good idea ash. You should have seen Mason with his christening wrapping paper! disastrous lol

Danni - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!! Don't do it!!

Seriously, as much as I want another baby, I'm stillnot thrilled to be having another one yet. I love Izzy so much and the thought of not having all my time to give to her still makes me really upset. I've started doing things like taking a harder line to get her to bed at night, because I know there's no way I can deal with two babies taking 2 hours to put to bed each night, and I hate that. With having a girl this time too, we may have another one in the hope of having a boy. Unfortunately I don't have much time to play with so I know my babies will have to be close together. If I was a youngster like you, I really think I'd be taking the time to enjoy Izzy for at least a couple of years before I even thought about having another one. Probably one of those things that people with close together bubbies wish for more time and vice versa - grass is always greener

Ash - that sounds like a really sensible thing to do for Christmas. It would be awful for either of you to miss Blake's first Christmas. Oooooh and I'm with Dan - details of the date please. When the highlight of your month is getting cloth nappies in the mail you need to hear about everyone else's exciting life!

Lee - the hautes are fantastic aren't they. I've got a couple of greenkids coming in the mail (hopefully today) mainly to keep DH happy - his cousin uses them so I feel I have to try them. Then I'll be ordering my stash of hautes. What colours did you get???

Dan - poor Livvy with her eczema. Hope it clears up soon and the chicken pox monster stays away too.

Tan - how's Izzy today?

Izzy's not crawling yet - she's getting around by rolling. Funny watching her roll across the room! Little minx has also learned that if she can't reach something, she can pull the rug she lies on and whatever she wanted miraculously gets closer. I should be thrilled that my baby is so smart, but it just makes me think "OMG, she'll be into everything"!!! No names progress yet. DH didn't want to know again what flavour we're having so I'm having to come up with boys names as well as girls. Grrrrrrrrrrr I've told him that unless he can come up with three solid suggestions for a boy and three for a girl I am going to name Ned and that's that. His idea of coming up with names is reading the titles at the end of movies and saying "Oh, how about Wolfgang". Sooooo helpful.

Wow lulu, I can't believe you can keep the sex a secret!! I am so bad and would slip, I am hopeless!! We had a fair idea Angus was a boy but wanted to keep it a secret! I couldn't, I told my best friend and my Mum!!! DH never knew that I did, I just couldn't help myself!! Good on you though for being able to do it! I agree with the age gap thing. As good as it is to have your kids close together it is such more hard work. I loved having big age gaps, only 1 in nappies/bf/totally reliant etc. So like Lulu said, if you have age on your side, a bit of an age gap is much easier!!

Angus isnt crawling yet either, but he rolls from one end of the house to the other if he wants to! Most of the time if I give him toys he is happy to roll around the lounge.

Ash, that sounds fair. Must be so hard, so do you have Blake all the time now or does he have nights with his Dad??

Anyway, Angus is cracking in his cot, better check he hasn't got stuck!!

Lulu-Details are in my post to Dan up the page a bit lol not much exciting to tell, but we're spending Friday and Saturday night together too.

Shell-I have him full time, Scott has him 1 night a weekend but this weekend he is having him 2 nights in a row, it should be interesting to say the least.

Ash - I'm such an idiot. Completely missed your post!! I like the sound of your "catch up". Is that what its called these days?!?!?! Good for you. I hope you have a great time with him and he treats you like a queen.

Michelle - I had an agreement with DH last time that if I found out what Izzy was I could only tell my mum, and I wasn't allowed to let DH know that I knew!! Same deal this time, except that DH knows I know this time. Because Izzy was Ed and this baby is Ned it was/is pretty easy to just stick with using those names and he/him/his that goes with it. His mum and 3 sisters give me a very hard time about not telling them what flavour the babies are though!!

OK Please tell me where you are getting these cloth nappies!!! I must order one today!!!

Quick one again, I seem to be spending all my days sleeping, I have so much to catch up on I guess. Noah slept through sort of last night. We all went to bed at midnight and Noah woke at 6:30am for a feed then we both slept until 10am. So that is the second time in 7 months!!! The first time was Aug 11th. I have introduced a bottle of formula before bed to see if it would help and at the moment I am inclined to think so I really do have to force it down his throat though. I am trying to give the little man chunky food and he keeps on gagging on it, how frustrating!!! I will try to come back for personals later because there is so much going on!!! So please let me know where you are getting these nappies from, I can't wait to order one now!!!

Sarah - I've got most of mine from Darlings Downunder (thanks to Kristen's careful guidance I am now approaching bankruptcy!!!) and the Green Kids I just got, I got from the Green Kids websites - both the names I've said with the dot com etc. I didn't realise until just an hour ago though that DD have Green Kids too, although with the trial package I got direct from Green Kids they were a bit cheaper - "normal price" is the same though. I'm definitely a convert to MCNs, although choosing different ones to try was hard - they all look so gorgeous! Happy shopping

Hope Noah's sleeping gets more consistent for you and he starts getting excited about solids - Izzy is still struggling with them too. Very frustrating.

WOOHOO I just ordered my first nappy!!! Thanks for the links Michelle!!! I got a grass Hautes. Ok be back later!!!!

lulu-LMFAO HAHA Caught out! He's a good bloke, has a 6 month old little girl himself and going through a rough custody battle with his ex so he definitely gets my situation.

Sarah-If you order through nappybucket dot com you get 10% bellybelly discount Saram is the operator and she is excellent, and you get one insert included in the price. I have a grass haute too, it's devine!

just so you guys know, bb has a new links policy and you can include proper links in your posts now

SO busy in here today!!! Danni - no AF here hun - keep in mind Ive been feeding 2-3 hourly 24 hours for the last 3 months though! That might change now that she's sleeping again!
    Last night was 7-4 - quick feed and back down til 730! I've got my sleeper back! Whoohooo!!! If I'd known it would work so quickly I would have tough loved her months ago
    Ash- WTG on the date!! and thanks for the heads up on Harvey Norman I might head there tomorrow if her face isnt too red like it was today!!
    Back to the Dr again today - about 90% sure it was a VERY mild case of CP but still isn't sure -but thank god its on its way out! Yay!

BBL - need to water my herb garden - shhhhhhhh.

ETA- Loggged on this morning and realised that I had read down to Lee's post yesterday and assumed that was it!!!!! ROFL!!Then realised that there was a whole other page that I completely missed!!!!
    Last edited by Beach Mama; December 13th, 2007 at 06:26 AM.

Yay about the links that's great!

Tan-I nearly fell off my chair at the HN prices, it's so good, only downside is Santa is only there from 10-1 on Saturday and Sunday so you can be assured it will be absolute bedlam. It doesn't seem that Iz is worried at the CP if that's what it is. Lucky you on the sleeper!

Blake was up 5 times last night, and after 2am he was pretty much not sleeping. He is doing a "Mason" lol and will only sleep on me after this time on the lounge...those boys seriously copy everything (they even cut a tooth on the same day FFS!)
    Last edited by Ashlee; December 13th, 2007 at 08:36 AM. Reason: i cant type...

Yay!!! Guess who has a few minutes to do personals?!?! Juz has taken Noah to work with him for the second time this week so I can catch up on sleep and other stuff like much needed housework

Now to try and catch up!!!

Ok, so the HN thing was cleared up, I was going to ask what was going on there hehe.

Ash - What is with our boys eh? Are you living with your mum? Can she help you out one or 2 nights a week? Women are more sympathetic when it comes to these things than men are. I am glad that you are able to have a 'family' Christmas with ex-h so no one misses out. How exciting to be on the dating scene again!!! You are such a hot young thing that you will get the man of your dreams soon enough How do you get the discount from Nappy Bucket? I looked and didn't see anything off the bat so I ordered from Darlings, maybe I will have to order one more Hautes which can be justified because of the discount

Lulu - I can see how you could go bankrupt with MCN!! I think I will order one a fortnight until I get as many as I need to convert completely. I am getting 2 inserts with mine, do I use 2 at the same time or is that a night thing? I have so much to learn and I am guessing you are turning into a bit of an expert What solids are you giving to Izzy atm? I don't know how you can keep the sex a secret again!!! I would be slipping up constantly!!

Danni - Thanks again for the feedback you left, your a star! I am with you and wanting to throw caution to the wind but now that I am 28 and I want to have my 4-6 kids out of the way before I am 34 I have to get cracking. You will know when you are ready to have your next. I wish I could have started at your age. Congrats on Masons christening too, I must slip over and check out the photos later when I get the time. No AF here either, makes it such a challenge when you want to try for another as well. I only want to have sex when I really need to lol.

Eek I was going to allow up until 11am for this post and I have 10 mins to go.....

Lee - Do you use the Hautes at night? How does having 7 go for you? I don't know how many I am going to need, but I know 1 will be not enough

Looks like I have to do this in 2 parts, I can't see back any further.

Sorry to anyone I have missed but I really need to get this housework done. Juz's relations are coming around at lunch and I still need a shower This is called living life on the edge!!!

Thanks for the Harvey Norman tip Ash - do you mean Santa is only there on weekends, or that weekends he has really limited hours? I don't want to face the weekend rush and besides, I don't have a weekend left!! Might duck out today and see what happens.

Sarah - TBH I didn't like the inserts that came with the hautes - either they're not good or Izzy is just an olympic wee'er!! I got in my "trial stash" a bumgenius too and the insert from that is sooooo much better. You can order them separately so I've just got a couple of extra inserts and use them. Izzy was wetting through both the hautes inserts in about 1.5 hours but the bumgenius insert can keep her dry for at least 2.5 hours - she had one on for 4 hours one day and was still dry (that's what happens when you leave DH in charge - nappy changes get avoided!!). I now have 8 different kinds (OMG how did that happen?!?!) but I have to admit, I'm only really happy with 4 of them. The others are fine, but I really need to change her every 1.5 hours or so.

Sarah - I use Green Kids dreamy nights at night time. I can get away with the hautes for 3 hours before a change. I've got the lapice colour, plus one white one.
    Lulu - its scary how many nappies you end up with!!! I've got in my stash 10 peapods, 8 hautes and 2 green kids night nappies, plus 8 terry flats and 6 flannelette's flats, we are basically using cloth 99% of the time, the only time he may end up in a sposie is if I haven't washed every second day, the third night he ends up in a sposie.
    I might look at selling my pea pods, depends on when #2 comes along.
    I'm off to catch up on this overly busy thread!!!!
    Have a great day everyone

Lee - what insert do you use in the green kids to get Ethyn through the night? Haven't had a chance to get them on Iz yet - I got the bamboo inserts and they take forevvvvvvver to dry!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast