Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #11

hey guys.... exhausted over here. Mason will not sleep longer than 20 mins during the day unless I drive him around in the car, and then leave it running in the driveway-- then he will sleep for up to 3 hours.

He woke a bazillion times before midnight last night, then slept til 4am in Dh's arms, then with me on the couch constantly waking until 7am when i gave in and got him up. THIS IS INSANE!!!!!

anyway, hope everyone is doing better than us atm.

Dan: hope you have a won derful day at work today xxx

hey mabello dont stress about it 2 much as Bella goes through these horrible stages also, the thing i hate about is i dont know y shes doing it, im scared something is wrong. But theres not sometimes its a seperation thing they're scared u'll leave them, other times its over tired. But hang in there and he'll back 2 normal soon enough. It would b much easier if they could talk, hey?

Aren't you all a chatty lot!!!

Dan - Hope you are enjoying your first day back at work!!

Danni - Sorry to hear your little man isn't sleeping for you. We are starting to finally get some improvement with Noah, we are down to 3 times waking up in the night now. Did you patch things up with DH? Being sleep deprived sure can throw a spanner in the works. The important thing is to make up and talk about things.

Ash - Have fun tonight!!

Tan - How cute is the yoga pose!!!

Michelle - Have fun at lunch!

OK thats all the time I have for personals. I am busy designing another card and then some brochures so I can do some more work locally. I have 120 engagement invites I will be doing in the next couple of weeks because a girl I met at the pub told her friend about me so woohoo!!! My midwife said she would be happy to spread the word too. I need all the work I can get so I can afford my trip to Canada in May.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!!!

just a bit of exciting news Annabelle has said her 1st word! I heard her say it the other day but i wasn't sure if i heard correctly but DP confirmed it last night! She said Bella, coz i always sing a song 2 her that goes "Bella, Bella, Bella dance aralla." I know its a silly song but she cracks up everytime i sing it 2 her. Just thought u'd ladies like 2 know.

about an hour till he gets here yay so excited lol

Congrats Kass on Annabelle's first word, good work! Blake is far off from saying anything yet although sometimes it sounds like he says mum and bub, I'm still skeptical!

yeah when i 1st heard her say it i thought, "nah, shes 2 young, it must have just sounded like it." But then Clint heard her last night, so i started 2 sing that song 2 her and she said it again pretty clear. C Blake is walking around furniture and Bella is just crawling so some r physicle bubs and some r talking bubs. Poor thing didn't have a chance of being anyhting but a talking bubs look whos she's got as a mummy!

Well lunch today was lovely!! Angus was a bit naughty though, didn't like sitting in the high chair. He loved the garlic bread and wedges though haha!! Angus says Mum and bub. DH is cranky cause he doesnt say dad!! He yells out Mumma all the time! Anyway, he is currently screaming the house down as he is in the cot sposed to be asleep. He has hardly slept and is so cranky he can cry it out for bit.

OMG AF is here and it hurts so BAD!!! Just thought I would share

Ash - how'd it go???? Details details details . . .

Shell - yay for a nice lunch but a bummer having to deal with a grumpy boy. Garlic bread and wedges?? Love it. Boy after my own heart - now if you just get him onto the lemon meringue pie he has all he needs in life!!

Kass - yay for Bella's first word. Iz is still a way off too I think. I've had a few people tell me she's says Mum but I really think she is just biting on her lips with teething and its an "mmmmm" sound that comes out!

Sarah - hugs chicken. You and Dan sound like you need to work your way through a couple of blocks of chockie together. If you want a bright side, at least you know where AF is so now you can think about that second munchkin!

Oh Sarah, yay for AF now you can TTC!!! On the other hand, I agree, my AF was so much heavier after having kids. I find it hard BF not bring able to have all the painkillers for the cramps. And OMG, the ovulation pain also!! Mother nature at its best! Good luck!

Shell-Glad you had a good lunch today, Blakey loves his hot chips/wedges so I can relate there!

Sarah-Awww hun the first one back is always terrible. I agree, you need lots of choccie to get you through!

Lule-Since you asked here goes...

C came over this afternoon, met Blake and was all well and good. Nothing exciting to report except to confirm he is a sweetheart and an excellent kisser LOL! We'll see each other sometime over the weekend.

I heard through my sister who was talking to Scott's parents today, apparently he is going to live out on their property in a caravan and then take off in 6 months. WHAT? WTF is that? 1) Blake isn't sleeping in a caravan 2) Where is he going?!?! I am SO scared to hand him over now, maybe I shouldn't? What if I do and he goes missing. I'm so in 2 minds as to what to do, maybe notify the police of what he's said so if he doesn't show up they have his details? I dunno girls, this is a tough one

Oh Ash, I would be reluctant to hand him over also. Can you get some legal aid advice?? I would be, just to be sure you know where you stand and ex also. I'm sure there is a free call number for legal aid, they can even advise you over phone. I think it would be worth it. Good Luck xx

Good idea shell, I'll be on the phone when Blake has his first nap in the morning.

yeah ashlee i agree with shellbelle u cant b 2 careful i know its not nice 2 think like that but its better 2 b safe then sorry.

Hey Ash, did you ring legal aid??

Well my poor boy has a snotty nose today like the girls have had. So I spose that is why he has been grumpy. He has been off his boob too for a while now. I am wondering if he is going to self wean?? Is hard to imagine cause I BF my eldest DD till she was 17mths and secondDD to 15mths. Oh well, if it happens it happens!! I am just worried that he is not getting enough fluids. Ohhh, what to do!! Might go get him weighed at clinic and have a chat to the clinic nurse. I have been offering him water just to get some more fluids into him. He is not fussed though and just plays with it. Anyway, where is everyone!! It is quiet today after the big rush of posts the last few days!!

Oh, and just quietly haha, we have decided we will have #4 bubs, and will prob start ttc end next year!! OMG!!

congrats shellbelle on TTC #4! Bella has had a snotty nose lately and i freaked, coz she went off the booby abit also but is back 2 norm now so maybe his having trouble breathing through his nose when he's feeding? Thats just what my nurse told me and b4 i knew it her nose cleared a little and shes back 2 being a little piggy!

I hope that is it Kass! I am a bit lazy to have to worry about bottles and formula!!!

The prob is though he has been fussy at the breast for a few weeks now. He is just so easily distracted it drives me insane. I can't feed him in public cause he is such a sticky beak. At home I even have to sit in the bedromm away from the girls. But anyway, he will not even have 5 mins a side anymore, and I know I still have loads of milk. He feeds during the night though, so maybe he is getting enough with all his little feeds!!!

OMG Michelle. You're either wonder woman, a crazy woman or Mother Teresa!!! 4 kiddies???? I look at my SILs, who have 3 each and wonder how they cope. As for Angus weaning, can't help (seeing as I made it to a whole 13 weeks!) but I have noticed Izzy is taking far less by way of formula these days now that she is ploughing through her solids. Maybe Angus just doesn't need as much as he used to?

Ash - I worked in family law for over 10 years and coudn't suggest strongly enough that you finalise arrangements to do with residency and access. It is definitely something to discuss with Scott first (after getting some preliminary advice) - always cheaper and far less painful if you can agree an arrangement - but if he's going to be a wally, then you need to get it formalised quickly. As for whether or not to hand Blake over, I completely understand your reservations. What's your relationship like with Scott's parents? Can you maybe talk to his mum about your concerns about him being in the caravan and see if Blake and his dad can stay in their house when he visits? Its such a tricky situation and getting legal advice is the best way to go - being informed is never a bad thing. Rest assured that a tiny baby is NEVER going to be given to his father in preference to his mother, unless said mother is an axe murder (fairly sure you're not!!). As for "C", sounds to me like he has all the necessary requirements - kind, attentive and most importantly a good kisser. Such an important thing to be able to get a good kiss! I remember back in the good old days (when DH and I had time and when I didn't have a baby constricting my lungs making it difficult for me to breath!) when kissing was something you could do for ages. Now its either a quick "hi/bye" or its a "have we done this long enough to skip to the good stuff yet"? ha ha So enjoy those kisses and make em last!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast