Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #11

Default Babies Born May 2007 #11

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Catch up with your old thread here

Woot first post

Second - again!!!! Dam, gotta be quick round here!!

the worst thing my DP has ever said is ur job isn't even that hard so when i started working on saturdays and DP has 2 look after Bella, I thought this will teach him now he'll find out what its like 4 me only i do it everyday and i can still feed his arse when he gets home. So I get home and say "How was ur day?" He then replies, "Fine, dont know what ur wingeing about."
    So u could imagine the steam come out of my ears!

Haaaha men can be so funny. I am so lucky Juz is so understanding and helps out even when he is working. I don't give him enough credit. Although I do get the occasional day where he gets the I am the mother attitude and things I should be at Noah's beck and call when I am trying to do the housework and filling orders. My 'work' doesn't count and I am a woman so I can do it all

Ash, hope you have a great time tomorrow!!

Thats it for me, Noah is cracking the $hits again Not fun with my hungover state...

Hey there everyone! Just thought I'd pop back in and see how all the babies are going? And the mummies of course

Good news... Brendan (who was due 5th may, but born on 25th Feb) Is CRAWLING!!! WoooHoooo, He crawled a little backwards on the 20th Dec, but officially crawled on the 28th Dec! He was 10 months old or 7.5 corrected age! He sat for the first time on the 31st Dec, and is getting more confident with that too. He has got 4 teeth come through and looks like he is breaking another two, poor lil man is getting them 2 at a time!

How was everyones Chrissy? Hope you all had fun.

Take care

no dont get me wrong clint is the best daddy i could ask 4 and wheni get home after work on saturdays the house work is done and everything but its just i wish he could how much i do, he prob does im just having a boo whoo day.:-)

Yeah - sorry for painting my hubby out to be a chauvenist schmuck. He can be (I think they all can), but basically I know I've got a really, really good one and a fabulous father for my children. Probably why I go so completely over the edge when he says something that is just so, well, man like - its out of character for him and it shocks me that he actually can be that stupid and insensitive.

Sometimes I forget how good DH is to me and Olivia. I too am incredibly lucky and looked after so well. It's just the normal frustrations and I know that I can vent to you guys.
    Well tomorrow is the big day. I'm so nervous and terrified. I'll let you all know how I go at work and how Livvy goes at home with daddy but also how daddy copes. This could be a very interesting social experiment.
    Hope everyone is keeping out of this scorching heat.
    Dan.

Good luck for tomorrow Dan, I found my first week, well 3 days!! to be emotionally exhausting, and it made me appreciate Ethyn even more!!! Now to get my husband to get off his behind and help, or I have threatened him that I will give up work if I have to come home and do everything!!!!!!!

Good Luck Dan at work today!! I hope it all goes well for you. Scary though huh that first day back!! Let us know how it goes.

I am so exhausted, Angus's sleeping habits are getting so much worse at night. He had 2 feeds sometime (too tied to even look), then he decided he would wake for the day at 5am I DON'T THINK SO!!!! He was in bed with us and normally settles straight away, anyway he tossed and turned and crawled around, so I got mad and just put him in cot. He cried and it broke my heart but I am just so f%$#$ng exhausted. ANyway, he did go back to sleep till 6am and now we are up.

Anyway, I need a coffee desperatelly!!!!

Dan - good luck today hun. :hugs: Hope it all goes well for you both.

Shell - you poor thing - pouring you a virtual latte right now!

Ash -have you seen C again lately!? You deserve to be happy and be treated like a princess hunny! Enjoy! That photo of Blake is great! Such a cool little dude!!

Lee - Glad you popped in and I love your threat - I will use that one too when I go back in 3 weeks time - eeeek!

Kass - I understand too - like Lulu said, I dont expect medals or overwhelming gratitude, but just a little acknowledgement that what I do is [email protected]@dy hard would be nice, instead of comments like, "oh you get to sleep all day" and "you dont do much during the day" Aarrrgghhh he says it jokingly because he knows he will get a rise out of me but I tell ya one of these days he will have to go to work and explain where the hell he got a shiner from.

Breandansmum =- Glad to hear Brendan is going so well! Izzy only has one toothy peg!! Shes had it for quite a while now and its quite big and looks hilarious!

all you other gorgeous mums and bubs!!

We are doing well, we get our car back on Friday thank goodness, it wasnt so bad while Al was home but he went back to yesterday so Im carless again! Fingers crossed the repairer wasnt being optimistic when they said Friday.

Well we have been doing sleep school tough love again to get Izzy back into a routine - man she gets out of it soooo easily, but I have to say she goes back in relatively quickly too - last night she grizzled at 11 for about 20 mins and slept til 4, then up at 7. That was after crying on and off for 2 hours on Sunday.

Im stressing about work too now - she still will not take a bottle or sippy cup of milk so it loks like mum will have to bring her up to school for a feed which will be a real PITA actually. We might be able to get it down her in a cup because she will drink ok from a cup when I give her water so will se how we go. 3 weeks today! I need to get my spare room cupboard that is ful of teaching stuff organised and a big trip to Officeworks is needed too!

I got300 of vouchers for christmas and have been trying to spend them on work clothes but I feel so fat still and am finding it nearly impossible to find clothes that make me feel good about myself IYKWIM. My tummy is still so gross and makes it hard to look good in fitted pants or even jeans. I really need to get motivated and do something about it.
    Whinge over -have a good day ladies and bubs!

Tan, I'm hearing you about the weight thing. I actually weigh more now than when after I had Angus - go figure. At my 6week ckeck I was back to pre preg weight. Now I have put on sooo much weight I don't fit any of my clothes. I feel horrible and fat and yuck, but find it so hard to get motivated to do something about it. Makes it worse when DH actually tells me I'm so much fatter all the time.

I am lucky in regards to the milk aspect when I go back to work cause I have tried Angus with a bottle and he will take one. Just not sure if he will take one at night as I think he mostly uses the boobie for comfort and to go back to sleep rather than being hungry. My first DD wouldnt take a bottle and she would just have her solids, milk in a sippy cup and wait for me to get home for boob!! I was at uni at the time so would race back home (lucky 5mins away) between lectures and tutes to feed her! Was such a hard time! I was going to defer my studies but knew if I did I would prob never go back. Lucky I guess, cause at least I know if DH's work falls through I can earn us money!!

Anyway it is absolutley peesing down rain here!! I have about 50 loads of dirty washing and can't wash it cause it won't dry!!! Oh dear!! Might try and hang it all in toy room under fan somehow! erect my own washing line indoors!

Good luck at work today Dan, you'll do fine. Just think of all the other mummas you'll be helping out and they need you there too. Imagine how excited Liv will be when you get home, that's gotta be a great feeling!

Sarah-Thanks I can't wait to see him again!! Poor you being hungover but you did it to yourself haha!

Sally-Yay on Brendan crawling! For being so early, 10 months and crawling is amazing!!!

Shell-Waking 2 times a night? You have half the luck lol Blake has been up 3+ times a night for weeks, it's so draining! And a 5am wake up for the day? Totally the norm in this house I got your money too sweets, will PM you!

Tan-Seeing him today yahooooo! I hope you can find lots of clothes hunny, I've seen pics and you look fabulous!

After complaining above, Blake actually had a good night last night, waking at 3am and had like a 50mL feed and then for the day at 6:15 (better than yesterday of 4:45!!). I know he doesn't need to eat overnight but it's the only way to get him back to sleep. I've bought a cherry shaped dummy that glows in the dark, but I doubt he will take it...guess anything is worth a shot at this stage!
    Last edited by Ashlee; January 8th, 2008 at 10:03 AM.

Dan - good luck today. I'm sure its going to be tough for you to leave your gorgeous girl behind so huge hugs to you.

Michelle - sorry about your crappy night and lack of sleep. I don't know how you do that all night, and then keep up with Angus and your girls all day. I really hope he learns to be a good sleeping boy for his mummy very soon.

Tan - big hugs for you too. (but hey, you think you've got tummy problems?!?!? ha ha) Seriously though, there's nothing worse than having to buy new clothes and not being able to find anything you feel good in. Keep looking - its out there and I'm sure you'll look gorgeous. That's a bummer about Izzy not taking cups/bottles - must make life a lot more difficult. Maybe if your mum just tries on the first day - if you're not around she may realise she's hungry and there's no lovely mummy boobie so she doesn't have a choice?

Ash - yay for your date today. Have a great time!!

Well, Iz over the last few days has learned how to crawl properly and get herself up to a sitting position from lying on the floor. She's so funny - she looks at you after she's sat up on her own and gives this huge grin, almost as if she's saying "look at me, aren't I soooooooo clever?"

LOL Lulu that's so gorgeous, Blake thinks he is so clever when he does certain things too, like make it from one couch to another walking around lol at least they know they are smarty pants and enjoy their development as much as we do.

Wow I'm in such a good mood today, amazing what a good nights sleep can do to you.

Ash - I fed Angus twice but was up sticking his dummy in about 50times!!! Lucky his cot is in our room!! I normally give in and feed him after midnight or so and leave him in bed with us! He is getting better at finding his own dummy though, think I might buy a whole heap and throw them all in the cot so he can easily find one haha!!! Like you, I only feed to get him back to sleep, good luck with the dummy!

Lulu, Angus has been getting up to sitting also, worst thing is he does it when I put him in the cot!! Little bugger! He still doesnt crawl properly though!

I better get off this comp, have a lunch date with a gf, so better move my big butt! xxx

Lulu you have an excuse being a gorgeous glowing pregnant woman! I LOOK 5 mths pregnant and dont have the luxury of being able to say - yeah due in April - am tempted to at times though!!
    Yay for Izzy !!! Its soo gorgeous when they do that! Iz has this nifty little way of going from tummy to sitting by sticking her butt up in the air - AKA yoga pose style then sitting back!! Haha Its so cute to watch them, she also stops mid yoga pose and will look at you between her legs - she thinks its pretty funny!

Aww Shell - I hope he doesnt do that all the time. Its hard enough the pressure we put on ourselves let alone from men in our lives who BTW does not look like a greek god himself!!

Good luck today Ash!! And the photos lie I tell you, LIE!!!! There is a mound of jelly beneath those folds of clothing!! Thanks anyway though!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast