Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #13

Default Babies Born May 2007 #13

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Catch up with your old thread here

Me first!!!!

2nd!!!!

3rd YAY!!!!

Just a quick hello. I am still here, have been reading!! We are having some crazy weather up here, heaps of wind and rain. I will try and catch up prop tomorrow, have to get to the TV, Desperate Housewives is about to start!!! (sad hey!!) xx

hey guys well bella is refusing 2 sleep i think she's having a lil seperations probs and also maybe her top teeth r coming through either way this household doesn't get sleep!

Hello ladies, I know it's been a loooooooong time since I posted in here! I still read through this thread from time to time though, and I just had to mention that sleep (or lack thereof ) is driving us up the wall here ATM, it really must be a stage! We are seriously going insane, I'm about to consider sleep school, which I'd never thought I'd do. Every time I try to fix a problem, something else goes out the window, so I feel like I'm totally stuffing him up! DS has not had a day sleep for longer than 30 mins for 2 weeks now, and he has me up and down like a jack in the box during the night. And he fights sleep something shocking!

So no help, but sympathy from me to all of you who are struggling. It's got to get better soon!

YAY. I only had to get up twice for Iz last night, and no longer than 30 minutes each time, and she was in bed by 9pm. Never thought I'd be so excited to be saying that!! Where is my sleeping princess???? She now has 3 teeth and I can see 5 more (yes, 5!!) more all just lurking under the surface. Its no wonder she's grumpy but geez its getting tiring.

She's having a great time during the day though - crawling at 1000 miles an hour everywhere, that is when she's not walking to where she wants to be, hanging on most but not all the time to something. She's suffering for it though - big egg on her forehead and her little ear has a really black and red bruise on it. Poor little thing. I've never seen a bruised ear before but it looks so sore.

And huge YAY. DH has FINALLY organised a little holiday - better late than never hey! We're heading down south for a few days next month for our wedding anniversary, staying in a really lovely chalet on the beach. Can't wait. It will be so nice to get away, even if it is only down south. Nice to leave the washing, cleaning, cooking behind . . .

Hope everyone got a bit more sleep last night and the teething monsters all disappear soon.

Lulu-Blakey had a terribly bruised ear recently too and has had 2 falls today alone...all part of the learning process!!!

Sorry I've been MIA, been at Dave's the entire time. Blake is loving having Lulu as a playmate, the scariest past is that they look related. She is a dead ringer for my sister at the same age!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!!
    Janie - Hope your little man snaps out of his sleeping issues real soon
    Lulu - wow 5 teeth on the way, poor little girl, we haven't had any major mishaps here, just a small bruise on his head when he misjudged his cot before we lowered it, his hand wasn't as close to the rail as he thought it was and he banged his head on the rail.
    Ash - glad things are going great between you and Dave, you deserve it and glad Blake has a little playmate!!
    Not much going on here, the new doc I went to was good, he said that Ethyn was a bit conjested after the other doc told me there was nothing wrong with him!! Mother knows best So he is on some anti biotics, as am I and now hubby is too!!!! Definitely not a germ free household here!! He still loves child care.
    Hope everyone is well
    Last edited by lee75; February 12th, 2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes!!! d'oh

Hi everyone!

I get scared coming in here and reading about all these non sleeping bubbas - scared because my little angel is sleeping 12 hours straight every night and I'm loving it but wondering if she will decide to follow in all these other bubbas footsteps.....lets hope its the other way around and they all start following El's footsteps lol!

Lulu yay for the holiday, you really deserve it! When are you going? I would kill for a holiday!
    Lee glad that Ethyn is enjoying childcare and glad that the new doc was better. Hope those germs leave your family alone soon.
    Ash aaawwww I'm so happy for you, enjoy hun! Dave sounds lovely, my DH has the same name and he is lovely too, must be something about the name lol!

sorry no time for personals but we bought a house!!!

our very first house and we are sooooooooooooooo excited. Tell you all about it soon

YAY!!!!!! That is so exciting Danni! Congratulations!! I know the exact feeling. We have just bought our first house too!!!!!! It is so exciting isn't it?

Back soon for some personals.

Congrats on the new houses Dan and Danni!!!!!! I remember that feeling, enjoy making it your home

Wow, all these new house buyers - CONGRATS!!!! Nothing much to report around here, Angus has been a bit cranky, but it is really hot here atm, and I think his top teeth are almost through. I am just so tired though, can't seem to sleep enough!!! Might try and catch a nap later, have to clean up a bit, Angus is such a messy eater and has discovered the fun game of lets throw everything on the floor from the highchair!! Oh, yesterday he waved too!! Was soo cute, we have been trying to get him to do it for ages, and yesterday he finally waved to his daddy!!!! Anyway take care lovely mummies, be back later!!!

A quick here ! Congrats Dan and Danni!
    We have cut out night feeds now- so our nights are interesting to say the least. Last night we were awake from 2-4 with lots of grizzles- and Im about to go to work
    Had our MCHN app today - Izzys weight has dropped a bit, down to the 25th percentile but so has her height so the nurse isnt too worried as long as it doesnt drop again at her next check. Im going to adjust her feeding too, so that instead of brekkie, lunch, snacks, dinner she just gets her 3 full feeds a day and thats it- rather than her grazing on bits and peices during the day, and hopefully she will eat more at her meal times. She also isn't really "chatting" yet and the nurse wants us to keep an eye on that for the next 6-8 weeks. There is definately nothing wrong with her hearing, but she just coos and screeches and grunts, she doesnt make any definate repetitive noises like lalalal or mamama or dadada ...Im not going to overly stress but will keep an eye on it over the next few months! Shes so active though I dont think she has time to just stop and chat! She often lets go while standing now and is taking lots of steps around furniture so walking isnt too far off. Id better go shower and get ready for work.
    Have a great day all!

Congrats Dan and Danni! I hope you guys have many many happy years in your new houses! Would love to hear about your new purchases...

Shell I hope those top teeth stop tormenting Angus soon. Make sure you get a rest, stuff the housework, sleep is way more important! How gorgeous that Angus is waving! Elena waves as well and it is so funny, cracks us up every time lol!

Tan wow Izzy will be walking so soon by the sounds of it! I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of 'chatting' either, she will get there soon enough. We have found in our mothers group that the bubs are divided into 2 groups - some are really active but not 'talking' and others are not so active but 'talking' heaps. We are in the latter group, although El can now pull herself up and will take steps if you hold her she has no interest in crawling or trying to cruise on her own yet. But she can say dada, mama, nana, baba and is trying to say 'duck' (her fav bath toy!). Also Iz weight probably dropped cos she is just so active!!

Better go, we are off to visit my ex place of employment, a friend of mine there is 34 weeks pg and I want to catch up with her before her bub arrives. See ya's, have a great day!

Happy Valentines day everyone! Apparently I am being taken to a "surprise" tomorrow night and BIL &SIl are looking after mason. I have no idea where im going!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast