Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #15

Shell - Yay for Angus walking, what a clever boy! And the pirate party sounds great, can't wait to hear how it goes!

Ash take care sweety, I'm so sorry. Is there any chance you guys can work this out, you seemed so great together???

Tan yay on a fantastic appointment I have every confidence in you of getting your VBAC, you go girl !!!!

Lulu ggggrrrrr at your DH, hope you are well and that you have the answering machine all sorted!

Ok better get back to work now
    DH is home and spending today and tomorrow with Ellie, not often he gets to spend time alone with her so should be interesting. I've already had a phonecall asking what he should dress her in today? Um d'oh open her cupboards and pull out some clothes, its not that hard!! Men are so stupid sometimes.................should be interesting to see how many more calls I get today.

Happy Birthday Danni! I hope you had a great day!

Ash - so sorry to hear about you and Dave. Sending big hugs your way.

Lulu - I think you should definitely put those messages on your answering machine. It would be hilarious. I hope Ned doesn't make you guys wait too long. I can't believe Izzy is running!!

Tan - how did the birthday party go?

Dan - wow, walking that is amazing! Soooo cute!

Julian's birthday party went really well. We were lucky with the weather it was originally going to rain but then ended up being a sunny 25 degrees (go figure!). Julian had a ball in the jumping castle as did the other kiddies. I surprised myself and actually enjoyed baking the cupcakes (I made lion, tiger and cat faces on them) and wrote Julian's name across other cupcakes. They were a hit. His cake was a number one with big bird on it. It was so nice to see the backyard transformed into a kiddie party space something I had always dreamed of that came into reality. Julian was very spoilt and got lots of toys and a basket of new clothes (definitely need those!). I have one tip for anyone doing parcel parcel, give the first one to the kid that is most likely to tantrum!!

Definitely one tired but satisfied mummy here!! Though my period came the morning after the party and now I feel crappy. Thankfully my mood swings are settling down as this is the 4th or 5th one now, they used to be terrible. We are off to our first baby playgroup today. I'm hoping it isn't too structured and I'm really not in the mood for singing songs!!(Does that make me a bad mummy) Ah well, should be good fun. Have a great day ladies!!

Lis - oh I'm with you on the dumb questions. I get the "what should she wear" and "what should I give her to eat" questions all the time. Given that my DH works from home and sees her for all her meals and sees what she's wearing every single blo*dy day, I don't understand how it can be so hard either. He brought her down for breakfast the other morning in her pjs topped with a beautiful cashmere wool cardigan my mum had knit for her! And people wonder why I only want to stay in hospital for as short a time as possible when Ned is born! Lovely that your DH is spending lots of time with Ellie though - hard when they miss out on all the lovely day to day stuff.

Jan - Julian's birthday party sounds wonderful. I hope the playgroup is good. I am still to venture out to one yet and know I really should for Izzy's sake. I hate the idea of a really structured thing too and would really just like to have a nice, safe environment with nice kids for Iz to play with while I sit in the corner and read my book!

Tan - you must be relieved to be hearing such encouraging comments about your VBAC. So pleased for you. Grandmas are great for reliving your princess' achievements aren't they. I was at my folks for lunch yesterday with an old family friend who has never met Izzy and I swear my parents didn't stop raving the whole time about what she could do and how amazing she was. Very funny.

Shell - yay for Angus running around. A pirate theme sounds soooo cool for his birthday party. You guys are all going to so much trouble I'm starting to feel a little guilty. I'm only having the family over for cake and coffee but I honestly think that's all I can manage at this point.

I had a very sad chat with a girlfriend last night. The poor thing is starting IVF today and my heart just breaks for her. Other than the obvious emotional side of things and all the invasive procedures, some of the stuff she was telling me about increased risks of this and that are truly frightening. Some of the decisions she and her DH have to make are just so incredibly tough. We both had a bit of a laugh though when I was trying to get out that I was happy to come along and support her in any way I could (she can't drive before and after a lot of stuff, has to really rest after etc) but I was a bit worried about the message I'd send wandering into an IVF clinic with one arm around her, a baby on my boob and one on my hip! Seriously though, its just not something that anyone should have to go through. If I could give her and her DH the apparent fertility of my DH and I, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Lulu - I shouldn't be too harsh on my DH as he isn't there for the day to day stuff apart from on the weekends. Anyhow they apparently had a great daddy daughter day yesterday! Wishing your friend heaps of luck with IVF, sounds like she is lucky to have your support!

Elena took the most steps she has ever done by herself last night (about 8!), then promptly sat herself down and gave herself a round of applause! DH and I were in stitches......wish I had the video camera handy.

Hey everyone, quiet in here, must all be busy like I should be lol !!

It totally frustrates me too that my DH can't figure out the most basic of things...what to feed him, what to wear etc etc!!! How hard is it!! I blew up at my DH today because Monday to Friday he doesn't do one thing for Julian or me. He gets up late for work in the mornings runs around and can't even spare 5 minutes for Julian. I'm probably being unreasonable but I'd had it this morning! At the party on the weekend, he was having lovely social chit chats while I was running around preparing and serving food, looking after kids, making sure everyone had a drink and keeping an eye on Julian, I could've killed him!!!

Not to mention dealing with his mother who was fussing too!!! She thought Julian was dehydrated and made a big deal of giving him water and going on an on about it with Pat nowhere to be seen!

Oh the joys of MILs and DHs. I think its hard for DHs to get into their heads that just because we're still around, they CAN take charge of their children for a while. I have to admit that my DH is great with Izzy but he definitely leaves the important things to me like feeding, dressing etc. He's had a bit of a kick up the pants though because over the last few weeks I've just been too tired/sick to run around after her so if he's around, he's in charge. I would kill for even half her energy! I'm sure Pat will survive the occasional blow up Jan and its a very good pressure release for you!

Lis - yay for Ellie's big walk. What a clever girl. LOL at the self congratulating afterwards. You almost need a video going full time don't you. Great news that she had a lovely day with her daddy.

My poor little girl is obviously having tooth issues. I didn't need to get up to her at all, but she had such a disturbed night's sleep and this morning she is so tired. Nasty teeth. I wish they'd all just come through together to get the pain over and done with.

hey guys, just a quick one for me. Frantically trying to get ready for masons party on saturday. Just bought the nibbly food and it cost $200! i couldnt believe it., I got the cheapest of everything too. Not to mention all the drinks, alcohol, party bags, cakes, fruit, decorations etc that ive already paid for. Thank god he is only 1 once!

Quick question. Do babies need to be able to stand on their own before they can walk? Sorry, this is prob a stupid question

Happy birthday Danni!

Lulu- I think u better have a chat with that lil woman in there and remind her its time 2 met u and her big sis and daddy!

Jan- Im so pleased Julians party went so well! Have u recieved ur kk yet?

Sangie- YAY 4 Elli! Taking those steps! Men he'll get the hang of it

Yay 4 olivia and Angus! Annabelle isn't walking yet, which im quite alright with!

Tan- yay 4 vbac! I truely hope it all works out 4 u and u can give a natrual birth!

Ash- Im so sorry 2 hear about u and Dave i hope u work it out either way In any case u have a lil man who will give u lots of cuddles 2 help make it better!

Ok im sorry if iv missed everybody! Hey 2 those i have and

Hi all,
    Sorry I'm MIA a little bit at the moment but Livvy has got gastro and is really under the weather as you would expect. **TMI** I've never seen so much come out of such a little girl. She hasn't been able to keep anything down at all. One sip of water goes in and four comes out. I am completely out of clothes and bedding and am frantically trying to get some washed and dried for the poor little munchkin. Of course it's raining here . Dave and I have been up all night with Livvy and washing and drying clothes.
    Not only that Livvy came home from childcare yesterday with another kids dental imprint in her check. Some little [email protected] kid pinned her down and bit her . I'm not a happy mummy. This is the fourth time she has been injured by this kid. I'm really sick of this kid hurting my princess. They say they are watching the kid but I want more done to keep the kid away from Livvy. I better stop as I'm starting to get all worked up again, GGGGRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I better go and chuck on another load of washing and grab a shower before Livvy gets up. Fingers crossed she is coming out the other side of it today and will be better in no time.
    Have a great day all and really sorry for the selfish post.
    Luv Dan.

Oh Dan I hope Livvy feels better soon. So horrible when you can't do much for them.

On another note, if it was me I would want to choke the little $hit at daycare. I would def be asking to see the director to sort it out, that is not on. You want to go to work knowing your baby is safe in someone elses care. I would be so worried.

Anyway, good luck with the gastro!!!!

to everyone, I just popped on quickly as I have been trying to nap this morning after a loooooong night at work. Am going back to days soon as I am not coping doing nights like this and not sleeping basically for days on end. I am turning into MEAN MUMMY (AND WIFE!!!!)

Sorry to hear about Liv not being well Dan .

We have had some bad news here, Al's Pa passed away this morning. I've taken the day off work today and we are going down to the country to see his mum and dad in the morning. It was expected - I think I posted a few weeks ago, but it is still a big shock when it actually happens.
    Anyway will catch you all soon, I might be a bit awol as well over the weekend - will see how we go.

Oh Tan, look after yourself. Am thinking of you, Al, Izzy, and your in laws during this sad time. Take Care.

Dan - OMG. How are you not tearing the little sh*t's throat out (not to mention his mother's!!). I'm with Shell about demanding they do something about it. Not good enough if you can't leave your little girl knowing she's safe. I hope her gastro passes quickly.

Shell - you poor love. I hope you get some sleep soon. Not at all good that you're going days without, and definitely not good that you're turning into a mean mummy - nothing like that to make you feel even worse. As for a mean wife, hmmmm. I remember a certain fishing incident??? I'd let your DH deal with it for a while

Tan - I'm so sorry about your DH's pa. Even when it is expected its still very sad. Big to you all.

My poor little poppet is just not a happy girl. Whatever tooth it is that's coming through is giving her hell. Her little hand is shoved so far into her mouth I'm starting to wonder if maybe its a molar, but isn't it way too early for them? She was disturbed a few times during the night and at one point was just screaming. DH and I were lying on the spare bed upstairs with her sandwiched between us so she'd feel us both and it was the only thing that seemed to settle her. I kept telling her she had to be better for her birthday tomorrow - DH thinks I'm nuts! Had an OB check up this morning and he's happy to just let me wait it out - even said that if I'm still in one piece at next week's appointment when I'll be 10 days over he'll still let me go so long as nothing has changed with Ned. And who said OBs always pushed intervention!!

Gotta go lovely ladies - off to buy things for Izzy's birthday cake. Going to make her a green turtle with a big pink chocolate shell. Mum's worried Ned will come tomorrow so she'll have to make it!!

Happy Birthday Isabelle !!!!! I hope your little teeth give you a break today and you enjoy some yummy birthday cake !

Tan I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, take care of yourself and your family

Dan poor Livvy, is she any better today! I hope they can sort something out with that **** kid at childcare, that is just not on.......

Shell I think you have every reason to be cranky hun, I would probably be a walking monster in your position! Yay for going back to days

Well sorry not much time to catch up with everyone, gotta take my car to the mechanics as something is wrong with it (making a lovely rattling sound, lol that's as technical as I can get when it comes to cars!). Hopefully be back later !

Tan - Sorry to hear about Al's Pa. It's tough when someone close passes away. Big hugs to all of you

Dan - you have every right to be angry, poor little livvy. You have been more than patient. I hope that little bully stays well away from her. I also hope she gets better soon. Gastro is awful. Good luck with all of your washing and I hope you get some rest too.

Lulu - your cake sounds amazing!! I hope she is much better for her birthday and that Ned stays tucked in there for one more day

Kass - thanks, I did receive the KK yesterday. Unfortunately it isn't working The bottom bit has come unglued, maybe from the postage and it doesn't turn to play any music. Thanks for your lovely efforts

Julian's top side teeth are coming down and we had a rough night yesterday so I am exhausted today!! Playgroup the other day went really well. Julian played with the other babies and didn't look back to even see where I was!! He was quite eager, maybe too eager, too examine his fellow baby friends but I guess it's all part of it. Hopefully he calms down in the next couple of weeks. A big hi to everyone else.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IZZY!!!!!

YAY IZZY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Another one bites the dust!

Dan- So sorry Livvy has gastro. Annabelle and everyone else i no has had it and its a horrible one. Annabelle's stayed 4 2wks! My thoughts r with u and get on2 that lil sh*ts parents tell there mother 'what 4!'

Lulu- Apprently insents can bring on labour! Poor lil Izzy i hope that tooth pops out soon!

Jan- That sucks! Im so sorry ill send something else YAY 4 Julian enjoying playgroup!

Tan- sorry 2 hear about ur loss Its never easy weather its expected or not i hope evryone gets through it ok and our thoughts r with u!

Ok well nowadays Annabelle and i cant go anywhere quickly i cant even NIP in2 the store 4 milk without her having a convo with strangers! Hahhahahaha its really cute just n the last wk shes changed it just keeps getting better and better! We pick my sis up from the airport on Sunday! 1st meet 4 her and Annabelle!

O also Annabelle is talking sooooooo much some her own language but soooo many real words! Gunna b a chatter box like her mummy!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast