Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #15

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY GORGEOUS LADIES!!

I hope you all get spoiled silly and have a wonderful day!!

Just quickly popping in to say......

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !!!!

Hope you all have a fabulous day with your gorgeous babies!
    It's my first mother's day so I'm a bit excited.............YAY !

Happy Mother's Day!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!!
    I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY AND GET SPOILT ROTTEN!!!!

Happy Mothers Day!!!!!!

I hope you all had a lovely day and were spoilt rotten. I was very happy with breakfast in bed and a lie-in and some rocky road and a romance novel

Dan - Happy Birthday to yourself and Livvy!! I hope the trike gets sorted out, how annoying for your poor DH. How did the party go?

Lulu - i can just picture Izzy stroking Elena's hand, that is such a beautiful image (sigh). It must make all the hard work worth it to see the two of them. I'm sure Izzy will adjust, she must be finding it strange to be sharing your attention. In a few months time, she'll love having Elena following her around i can only imagine how hard it is juggling the two of them at the same time. I'm sure your mum would love to help until you get back on your feet again. It sounds like you are doing SO WELL, I doubt I'd be as positive as you just after giving birth, Good on you

Ash - congrats on the new place, it sounds lovely. I'm glad you worked things out with Dave. Hope you feel better soon

I am going for a job interview tomorrow for a one day a week job in HR admin for a government department. I hope I get it, but at the same time it will be a change. I am craving something else to think about than nappies, feeding etc etc and seeing other people and not feeling so isolated at home but at the same time I am sure I will miss Julian if that makes sense. We'll see how it goes...it feels like a big step.

Hope you all have a great night!

Hope everones mothers day was fantastic!

Mine was good during the day, i got a coffee machine!!!! But then at the IL's it turned sour ill post what happened when i've cooled down and can type it without the swearing

Lulu- Im so happy things r ok Everything will fall in2 place soon enough and Iz will adapt and start 2 c the pro's about having a lil play mate

Lee- hahaha miscalculation on my part!

Jan- Good luck with the job interview hope it goes smoothly!!!

Ok. I take it all back. Things are crap! I woke up this morning and literally couldn't lift my head off the pillow - scared the hell out of me. Tried to get up and couldn't do it without falling over and throwing up. After rounds of the hospital, my OB and GP it turns out I have a form of viral vertigo which will last for 6 weeks. Fortunately my mum came over this morning and will be back again tomorrow. Feeling very sorry for myself today . . .

Oh no Lulu.......I don't know what viral vertigo is but it doesn't sound too good, and the timing sucks! Wish I was closer so I could help you with your girls.........thank god for your mum hey? Look after yourself hun

Kass boo for the ILs but yay for the coffee machine, sounds awesome!

Jan how did the job interview go?

Hope you all had a nice mothers day!
    Mine was not that great, DH didn't even think to get me anything nor did he make any effort whatsoever to make my day special........I am probably just being a sook but it would have been nice to be acknowledged for everything I do for just one day. I think he felt kind of bad that both my mum and MIL gave me a little gift and reminded me of what a great mummy I am. Ok sorry, whinge is now over.........but DH still in bad books until further notice lol.

Lulu- firstly I hope it clears sooner then 6wks!!!! Lucky 4 mummies, u'll have 2 do it 4 ur girls one day Will all this affect ur milk? Prob not an important question im just curious GET BETTER SOON!!!!

Sangie- Im soooo sorry 2 hear that he didn't make an effort as long as u no ur a fantastic lil mummy thats all that matters! Milk this 4 as long as u can as its really bad!

Oh Lulu you poor thing - that is exactly what you don't need right now sweety

I have been feeling dizzy, faint and really sick too and someone mentioned vertigo to me as well so I think I will take Iz and I off to the Dr's today, although my GP isn't in today so I don't know if I should just leave it til tomorrow so i can see him instead of someone I don't know at the clinic. I told DH that he needed to stay home today and look after us, as I can barely look after myself but he went to work with the 'you will be fine" on his way out the door. Men. Honestly.

Tan- Go to the Dr today, you dont want to be in a state where you cant even leave the bed! Even if it's not ur Dr they're going to be able to diagnose (SP) you. Men but when it's them who have a COLD they're DYING!

Lulu - That's all you need right now you poor thing. I hope it clears up before the 6 weeks. Vertigo is awful, my mum has had it on and off for 20 years so I know how scary it can feel. Try getting some rest, I know not easy with a newborn, but let your Dh and mum take care of things for a little while.

Tan - I hope you feel better soon too. My DH does that ALL the time, isn't it frustrating!!

Lis - last year on mothers day it was a total disaster! Julian was only a couple of weeks old and my DH took off to get my present ON mothers day as he had gone into the city to some day spa to get it then returned 4 hours later when we had to leave to go to his mums for lunch. I was in near tears in getting myself and Julian ready and wondering where the hell he was! He copped so much crap for last year that this year was much better thankfully and he got a stern warning before this years to be present for all of mothers day! I think DH's can be abit thick in the mothers day department and need a prod. Thankfully your mum and MIL acknowledged what a great mum you are. Don't ease up on your DH, make him feel really bad!!

Unfortunately I didn't get the job, it was filled internally. I'm really disappointed but I'll keep looking. Are there many 1-2 day jobs out there do you think?

Quick one here, went to the Dr, Izzy is fine, no ear infection so yay! Couldn't explain what was wrong with me- no low BP or anything like that, basically put it down to a cold. I was just talking to mum though and she mentioned it is probably partly my vitamins and my very low iron levels too - and I haven't been remembering to take either so will up those and see how we go.

We got really sad news today that friends of ours have lost their baby at 34 weeks. I just can't imagine what they are going through right now - I feel devastated and heartbroken for them and even walking around at the Dr's and at Coles made me teary just thinking about it. I've been hugging my little girl a bit closer and longer today since I found out too.

I have to mention too though that Izzy got her KK today and we HAD to open it up because we both need cheering up and her new pink beanie and mittens fit perfectly and you wouldn't believe this but I was just up at Kmart looking at beanies and they were all too big so I didn't get one, but her pressie was in the mailbox just as we got back - so a big THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Olivia and Dan (oooops I mean KK! )

Right I'm off - will be back soon for personals when I'm not feeling so depressed, sad and fuzzy in the head.

Tan I hope you feel better soon hun. I was going to suggest maybe its your iron levels? I felt quite dizzy/sick when in the second trimester and I had a BT which found out my iron was really low. I took ferro gradumet iron tabs with added vit C and it worked a treat. I'm so sorry for your friends too, what devastating news, life is just so unfair sometimes..... Take care of yourself.......

Jan bummer about the job.....I'm sure you will find something though, I was lucky to find a 2 day a week position and it is working out really well for us. What kind of work are you looking for? Good luck!

Lulu I hope you are feeling better hun

Hey Kass how is Annabelle going?

Well don't worry girls, DH is still copping it over Mother's Day. He said he didn't think I would care which is partly true as I'm not the type of person that always wants gifts but an acknowledgement would have been nice (or brekky in bed lol!). He does genuinely feel bad, particularly when I reminded him of how much effort I went to for him on Father's day last year.............I think he has learnt his lesson. Gosh men are so hopeless sometimes

Jan- Im so sorry to hear about the job. What I dont understand when they say "It's been filled inturnaly." Is why dont they offer it inturnaly and see what happens before offering it to the public!
    I only work one day a week and I thought it was going to be hard to find something but many people only want 'one dayers'. I work at a jewellers on a saturday. So if you think you wouldn't mind selling DIAMONDS then I would give those places a try. Dont even wait for an opening because alot of places dont avertise

Tan- Great to hear about Iz not having an infection! Horrible to hear about your friends When people say everything happens for a reason I often question them on things like this. There is NO reason for a baby/child to be taken away from us . Also I hope it is just a cold with you

Sangie- Annabelle is swell! Hahahaha Me, Im still running through things to say nicely, but still dropping a F#[email protected] off msg to the sister in law I've had enough of lying down and taking it!
    Im glad your DP is feeling bad at least he understands where the problem is and isn't just telling you to "Get over it."
    We really cant be to hard on them, I mean they are just 'men'!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a lovely Mothers day!! I have been so busy, there is just not enough hours in the day for me to get everything done!

Lulu - Hope you feel better soon. Look after yourself ok, let any one who offers help out!!!

Tan - I hope you get better also, and I am so sorry for the loss of your friends little angel. Will be a hard time for everyone and I only hope that they get through with the help of family and friends. My sis and her DH lost a bub at 19wks, and it was so hard for so long, but they are lucky enough to be now blessed with 2 little boys. I also hope you sort things out at work - politics are so hard to stay out of hey, good luck with it all!

Kass- So are you less furious now to tell us about your in-laws!!!

Lis - Boo Hoo to these unthoughtful hubby's!! Mine is exactly the same! Lucky my Mum took eldest DD shopping and she got me a few little things, but he couldn't be bothered!

Jan - bummer about the job! Fingers crossed you find something. Not sure whether you would be interested - but what about doing night fill at your local supermarket. A few GF's of mine with little ones do it and work from like 8-12 a few nights a week, so their DH's can babysit and the kids normally dont even know their gone!!

Anyway, have kindy meeting tonight so better get dinner organised. Fish and veg for us tonight!! Girls want crumbed fish so I better pull my finger out and get to work!

Lulu, have been thinking of you - how are you today???? Hope you are getting heaps of help so you can rest up a bit!

Sorry I am MIA at the moment but we have just realised that we move in two days and we haven't done a single thing so I am racing around like an idiot trying to get everything done and start some packing. I'm quite sure you can all imagine exactly how helpful Livvy is being with the packing. Gotta love the help of a one year old .
    I'll be back soon to catch up with everyone as soon as I can find some time.
    Hope everyone is going brilliantly and all our babies are being so well behaved for their mummies.
    Chat soon lovely ladies,
    Dan.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast