Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #16

Hi! Just popping in to say I won't be back on till prob Tues (what am I going to do !!!!), we are off camping, no comp or internet!! So have a nice weekend everyone!! Hopefully we won't get rained out, is a bit overcast so could be a wet camping trip!!! Bye!

Have fun Shell! Sounds great hun!

Sarah - for you sweety - rest up loads.

Quick one here too, sorry I haven't posted much but I am feeling pretty [email protected] . I came down with a cold yesterday - sore tight throat, fever, aching back, runny nose - the works and had to work til after 5 because I forgot I was supervising after school sport in the freeing cold hall. I spent the whole drive home bawling on the phone to DH. He banned me from working today so I am at home and I was upset on the phone to mum last night and she said she would come over this arvo to give me a chance to sleep, problem is she called this morning and she has the cold too now. Anyway that's why I haven't been around much and won't be til I'm in a better frame of mind - I'm just SO unbelievably over it all right now. One month straight of our household being sick is starting to take its toll

WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!
    Livvy and I met Dave for lunch and Livvy had an allergic reaction to something she ate off my plate. Her entire face, neck, ears, hands and forearms all swelled and were covered in welts so off to A&E we went. All's ok but she has vomited everything she has eaten. I love it now she's walking because she can spread the vomit all over the house. It's just fantastic!!! Still keeping a close on her but she seems ok.

Tan - Oh sweetie you have had the crappiest month. I wish I was closer so I could take Izzy for you for an afternoon so you could sleep. I'm sending you a cyber . Take care gorgeous.

Shell - Have a fantastic camping trip. I can't wait for summer cause we are going to take Livvy camping. I refuse to camp in winter!!

Hi to everyone else.
    Sorry for the quick one but Livvy has just given me another present to clean up so I must run.
    Chat soon,
    Dan.
    Last edited by Liviam; June 6th, 2008 at 04:28 PM.

Aww Dan to you and Livvy, you poor things. Hope she is ok - do you have any idea what it might have been????

Dan I hope Livvy is ok now.

Tan hope you get to rest up heaps this long weekend and that you are all sickness free for the rest of winter, think you guys have had your fair share now

Shell enjoy your camping trip!

Lulu how are you and your princesses going?

Quick one here, just wanted to show off my girl and thank Kirsten for taking some amazing pics! Mwah hun was great to meet you! Hope its ok for me to post the link? Smoooooooosh | Children's, Kids and Newborn Photography in Melbourne :: Kristen Cook {The Blog}

Enjoy the weekend!

Kristen, the photos of Elena are absolutely stunning. You're a very talented lady and I'm very sorry for not keeping my booking or letting you know I had to cancel.

I'm really mad. Scott had Blake last night (I wanted him desperately but I had no one to watch him whilst I work today and Scott wouldn't pick him up that early) and he didnt put him to bed till 10pm, he then woke 3 times over night and up at 6. That's 8 hours sleep and it isn't enough....he was sleeping THROUGH and for 12-13 hours at mum's. I literally think he hates it there, I don't know what they do or what's so different or terrible but he always wakes more than twice a night, therefore screwing him up for one or 2 days when he gets back to me, I then work hard to get him back into routine and then it's all spoiled again when the weekend comes. I'm at my wits end and considering cutting off his overnight visits until he proves he can stick to routine, I'm so sick of my little boy being confused all the time.

What is everyone's opinion, let him have the overnight visits and suffer, or just cut him off for a bit?!?!

unfknbelievable. Kristen you are amazing and i cant believe you only just started. wow wow wow!!!!

Lis and Kristen! The photos of Elena are absolutely gorgeous! I have decided to get family portraits done once this little bub arrives but I'm not sure when - maybe around 4 weeks after he is born? I don't know what the best time is for littlies!!

We are still struggling through this cold, Man, DH is HOPELESS when he is sick! What is it with men and sickness, I keep telling him that I've been like this for a few days, plus I don't have the luxury of taking drugs to ease the pain! Izzy seems a little better today but she is still pulling on her ear that is infected which worries me.

Our little man is starting to slowly give me some kicks - pretty subtle but it's something at least.
    Right Grey's is on shortly - just watched the 60 mins thing on birth - interesting. You would think people would educate themselves before going on national television! Have a good night all!

Hey Danni - I don't think Kristen is on here very much anymore because she is so busy - you might be better of contacting her through her website hun.

I now have a cough that is killing me..... I'm seriously over it and have to work tomorrow - I've taken way too many days off this term already and our reports are due on Friday. Off to sulk and I'm not coming back til I am in a better frame of mind. Hope you are all well.

Dan - I hope Livvy is ok now. How scary. Did you work out what it was that triggered the reaction? Hope you're otherwise both feeling better.

Tan - aw. Men are blo*dy useless aren't they. Mine acts like he's dying when he gets a headache but still refuses to take anything. At the moment the latest is that he's "just exhausted" all the time. Hmmm. Tell me about it. He snores contentedly through most of Elena's night feeds. My heart just bleeds for the poor cherub at times . . . I hope you all kick your colds soon. Not nice. I want to get family portraits done now too given our family is complete, but thought I would wait until Elena is more like 6 months or so. I really regret not getting professional newborn ones of Izzy done now, but want to do the same thing for one as I did for the other.

Ash - I imagine it is VERY frustrating for you and confusing for Blake. Whatever you decide, make sure that you stick to whatever legal agreement you and Scott might have made (don't know if your acess arrangements were just agreed between the two of you or with court/lawyer intervention). If its the latter, you really must go through your lawyer and officially advise him you're unhappy with what's going on, that he has to get it right or you will have to revisit the arrangements. You absolutely have to do the right thing by Blake but it is really very important that you do the right thing from a legal (and rational) point of view. HTH

Kristen and Lis - Kristen your photos of Elena are just gorgeous and Lis you have the most beautiful little girl. She looks absolutely adorable - I love the one of her kissing the pony.

Shell - I hope you and the kids are having a great time camping - hopefully with good weather.

We're going ok here. Had a bit of a tough week and will be very happy to get the funeral over with tomorrow. Been very teary with the girls - seems to always happen that Elena will be content in her bouncer or on a mat but when Izzy wakes up, needs a feed, wants to play Eli wakes up an interferes with my time with Iz. I know she's not doing it on purpose and can't help it, but I'm really missing time with my gorgeous "big" girl. Am very frustrated now that I'm no longer feeling sick all the time and uncomfortable and tired so I CAN play with Iz that I'm still not getting that time. Oh well. I'm sure it will all balance out soon enough and I'll once again be angry with myself for wishing time to pass.

Hi everyone!!

Sorry have been MIA, have been busy with sick kid here as well!! He has had the runs again, (thanks childcare!!) and then I got a phone call from childcare the other day when he was off saying that there was a couple of kids that have been sent home with chicken pox from his room, great!!! Some symptoms in the beginning are sookiness, which he was, so I thought on no, just something else!! But so far no spots, so it looks like its back to work for me tomorrow!! Oh well things we do!!

Umm where do I start....
    Lulu - so sorry to hear about your gran, hope the funeral goes well for all concerned. Give it a few more weeks and you will be more settled with your 2 princesses
    Tan - hope you are feeling better soon. It sucks that you can't take too much, is there anything natural that you can take. and yes men are big kids when they are sick, you would think they are the only ones!!!
    Ash - it must be hard to let go of Blake and let Scott have him, especially when he doesn't follow routine, and it takes all week to get him back into routine. Like Lulu said, not sure how much you can stop him with overnight stays if it says it in the agreement, unfortunately something you might have to put up with, until he listens to you
    Sangie - photos of Elena look absolutely gorgeous!! Wished I lived in Melbourne, would definitely make a booking with Kirsten, (please come to Adelaide!!!)
    Dan - glad Livvi is ok, that would have been heaps scary!! Do you know what she had?
    Shell - hope you had some nice weather while camping. I find it hard to juggle work and my life as well.
    A bit hi to everyone else

selfish one here....negatove blood test today. I was so "sure" i was preg

Big Danni, hope you are ok.

Sorry D Next month!

Tan hope you are starting to feel better. How is Izzy, has she recovered from her ear infection? Yay for the kicks!

Lulu thinking of you today and I hope that the funeral goes as well as these things can Yeah I love the horsie pic too, my lordy I'm going have to buy them all!

Ash that is a tough situation hun and I have no ideas for you. Have you written down Blake's routine for him and told him he HAS to follow it???

Lee I hope your little man doesn't get any spots.

Shell how was your camping weekend, hope you had lots of fun with your family

Had a busy weekend here and I have to work today. Took Elllie shopping and bought her a gorgeous dress for my brother's wedding next month. Finding it hard to find something for myself though - oh well means more shopping until I find it lol!

Hi mums and bubs,
    I too am going to apologise for being MIA at the moment but every is going to absolute ***** around here and I'm losing it . I have absolutely no idea what has happened to our gorgeous little princess. She has gone and left this nightmare feral in her place. During the day Livvy is absolutely perfect. Playing and walking around talking. She is absolutely gorgeous. Even her eating has improved triple fold but then comes sleep time . She has gone from the best settler to a hysterically screaming nightmare for every single sleep. I know she is tired but she will not settle. We haven changed her routine or anything but she just stands in her cot and screams and screams and screams until we pick her up and she falls asleep in our arms in under a minute. Dave and I were standing in there rubbing her back and it only took a few seconds but now it is taking anything up to an hour or more so we can't keep this up. We have tried absolutley everything, we are completely out of ideas and are losing our minds. The sleep school down here won't help us because they only deal will 0 - 1 years so we have no help either. Once we get her to sleep she will sleep for 1 1/2 hours each sleep during the day and anything up to 12 hours overnight.
    We just don't know what to do ,
    Sorry for the selfish post,
    Chat soon,
    Dan.

Okay now I've gotten that over my little tantie for the morning let's do some personals .

Shell - So good to hear that Angus is feeling better. How you go camping? Get rained out?

Tan - How you and your gorgeous family feeling? Hopefully you are all on the mend.

Danni - I'm so sorry about the bt results . We'll catch that eggie next month.

Ash - I have no more suggestions but I do like Sangie'd one of writing down Blake's rountine and telling him to follow it for the sake of Blake. Keep it about blake and he may be more inclined to follow it.

Lulu - How did the funeral go? How your gorgeous girls going? I think you are doing an amazing job giving both your girls time. I have no idea how hard it is but I'm sure your girls are getting some time with their mummy.

Sangie - I love buying dresses for Livvy. Now she is walking I'm going to be buying her a lot more. I must admit I hate trying to find something for me to wear. Good luck finding something.

Lee - Don't you just love all the bugs they come home with from childcare!!!! Livvy is always getting a bug of some kind and then spreads it around the house. Gotta love kids!! Hopefully Ethan is on the mend soon and no chicken pox comes.

Lis & Kirsten - OMG!!!!! Those photos are absolutely amazing. Lis your little girl is simply gorgeous. You must be one proud mumma.

A huge hello to anyone I may have missed. I'm off to get me and Livvy breakfast.
    Chat later gorgeous ladies,
    Dan.

Dan could Livvy be teething? Sometimes we have trouble getting Elena to fall asleep, it usually lasts for 3-4 days and then I will see a tooth or a new lump in her gums! I hope she settles down soon!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast