Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #17

Ohhh Lulu hun, I am so sorry things aren't going well. Lots of great practical advice above but just want to add that you should NOT stay away from here until things are better - we have all been worried and we care hun. I think of everyone on here as my friends, not the same as my IRL friends sure but friends nonetheless that will stick by each other. That means when things get hairy we aren't going to turn away or get annoyed etc but worry and help you through it... so please pop in and vent away, PM if you need to and just let it all out. I will never forget posting a pretty downer post early on when Iz was a few months old and a certain member (whose name starts with M ends in O and has abell in the middle ) called me 5 mins later to see if I was ok, and was here visiting a few days later to see how we were.... I won't ever forget that, and it was just what I needed to not feel so alone and isolated. Just quickly on the bottle, Iz was a bit older yes, but she wouldn't take a bottle til 8 mths hun and she finally did when I was at work, their little sniffer dog noses know when mummy isn't there and she finally took it. I know El is a bit younger but a few hours will give you a break and it might mean she finally takes it. Good luck sweet and let us know how you are going.

I'm sorting out clothes today and yep might think about packing a few bags to take to hospital (is it really that time?). Thank goodness DH was home because I was up for all hours of the night on the loo for some odd reason (TMI sorry ladies) and he let me sleep in, because Iz decided 630 was a great time to get up - after staying in bed til 8 yesterday, cheeky poppet. to you all, will be back later.

Thanks so much ladies. Will BBL but need some professional advice from Shell and Dan

I've not fed Elena today since a feed at 6.30 am. Mum and DH have had her all day and have been trying to get a bottle into her without any luck. We're going to persevere, but I really need to know how long we can hang out before we need to start worrying about dehydration or anything else becoming dangerous. She's had about 80mls of EBM throughout the day (most of it inconsequential drips from the bottle, but a few syringes too) but that's it. I've been told its ok to do this "you will take a bottle or nothing" thing, but I stupidly didn't ask just how long we can persist for. So, any thoughts? Thanks ladies. At the moment I figure its just like she's slept through the night so I'm not worried but . . .

I'm so sorry Lulu but I am of no help at all. I have absolutely no idea how long she can go. The only thing I can suggest is have you thought about a cup and see if she will take it from a cup? If you want to know how to do it just let me know. I'll check back in a while. You're doing a great job and your girls are so lucky to have you as their mum.

Lulu- I remember Annabelle being fussy at one point at about 4months old. I was worried she wasn't getting enough milk. I asked my MCHN how long she could go for and she said not to let it go for any longer then 24hrs. So not sure if thats any help but thats what I was told. I would give 132229 a call professional mid wives and have truely stopped me jumping off a cliff many a times. Ever time they gave me advice it worked! So please give them a call You may have to wait a little while but it is so worth it

Lulu - could you call your MCHN? Are they of any use?? (I know some are worth their weight in gold and others are useless like mine ) Or the number Kass mentioned could help. Hang in there hun, you are doing a wonderful job babe.

Lulu - fingers crossed that you have made some progress with Ellie Hang in there hun, it will all work out

Hiya all, another quickie from me, be back when I've got some work done!

Sorry for the quick one gorgeous ladies but I just wanted to check in and see how Lulu got on with El taking a bottle for her??

Gotta get ready for work and feed this gorgeous little lady of ours.

Chat soon everyone. Hope all our toddlers are behaving themselves and being nice to their mummy.

hi everyone. At midnight last night we syringed 120mls into her. She was so exhausted from lack of food and hadn't had a wet nappy in hours so we were getting worried. Then when she woke at 3.30am DH offered her a bottle again and she took it straight away - 140mls! He's just tried again now and the little minx is obviously feeling a lot stronger because she won't have it at all. Don't feel that we're quite back to square one and are feeling hopeful now that she's had one. Mum will be back today to help again so hopefully by the end of today we'll be on track.

To top off the fun and games, DH had a friend arrive from the UK last night who is staying with us for 4 days. Its been arranged for months so there was nothing I could do about it. The lazy b*tch knew what was going on and sat around doing nothing while I cooked her dinner with Izzy on my hip. Then she sat around while I took 2 hours to get Iz to sleep (poor little thing had a bad day too with her little sister so upset). Got downstairs and dinner dishes still there etc. We have a dishwasher FFS - not exactly a big effort to clean up. Then, the best bit, was when I was filling the sink to wash all the bottles we used yesterday she walked into the kitchen, gave DH her glass and asked for some water!!!! I could barely speak to her when she went off to bed and not feeling much happier about her now so it could be an interesting few days.

I can't tell you all how much I appreciate your support and advice. It is very, very sad to say but you are all so much more supportive and understanding than some of my "real" friends. I wish we all lived closer because I think you ladies would be fabulous to have around me and my girls.

Will BBL with an update.

ETA: Oooooooooooh. Have to tell you. The only good think about the nasty woman staying with us is she brought with her little soft toys that are Iggle Piggle, Upsy Daisy and Makka Pakka. Can't tell you how thrilled my gorgeous girl is with them.
    Last edited by LuluHB; August 26th, 2008 at 10:06 AM.

Lulu - baby steps hun and see she will take it if she has to! Cheeky monkey, you will get there hun, just be persistent as I am sure you will be. I can't believe your UK guest! Far out - how rude to just sit there and expect to be waited on hand and foot, I honestly don't know where some people get off! Yay for the In the Night Garden toys! My Izzy would be beside herself too - what is it with those little freaks that kids love!??? Hope you have a good day lovely. xox

Lulu that is great that El took a bottle, she can do it! I am sitting here like a proud mumma ha ha! I hope that today goes well and I'm glad that your parents are helping you out. Ellie will get the hang of it soon I'm sure, just going to take a bit of time. OMG at that UK guest - sounds like she needs a good kick up the butt. My Elena walks round the house saying 'Upsy Daisy, Upsy Daisy'. Drives me mental!!!!!!!!! I think I will have to get her some Night Garden things too, she will love it.

GO ELENA!!

What a cheeky little munchkin you have there Lulu. Got everything crossed that you are all on the right track by the end of the day. You must be relieved that she can take a bottle. Aren't they cheeky.

Livvy is also a huge fan of Nightime in the garden. There really must be something about it that we just don't get.

Lulu! Im so happy for you! Now you know that its just Elena being cheeky, knowing she will get mummy if she makes a fuss. She hang in there hun you are much stronger then me, I would give in much to easy!
    The UK guest.......If she keeps going I would just drop a comment, not rude just to get your point accross. I understand she's only there for a few days but you have been going through alot and dont need an extra stress. You can be polite but stern

Yay for the toys!!!! Annabelle would like them but she's more of a wiggles girl

very happy for you and your family sticking together and getting through this, you'll be stronger and better off because of it.
    I also wish we all lived closer!

Another bottle down, another 120mls. Yayyyyyyy

Its the Nuk bottle that seems to be doing the trick at the moment. Can't remember who asked, but we've tried Avent, Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature (what worked with Izzy), Pur, Pidgeon, Mam, Nuk, some cheap thing from Kmart and a bottle that I got from the maternity hospital in Perth that is designed for babies with things like cleft palates with real feeding problems ($30 for a single bottle!!). Thank God its the Nuk bottle that's working and not the "special" bottle ;-)

Woo hoo Lulu, that's great! Elena's on a roll. Give her (and yourself) and very big squishy hug from me!

Great news Lulu!! My Goodness, she sounds like the house guest from hell!! At least she came bearing gifts. Julian loves that show too and says 'Upsy Daisy' all day too. Soo cute! I am quite a fan of the show myself and sing the Iggle Piggle song randomly. Very sad!! I know what you mean about 'real friends'. I find it quite disappointing too.

I turned 30 on the weekend and we had our 1st night away from Julian. We stayed at a hotel in the city on the 35th floor and we had a great time. Got to eat breakfast on our own, get ready without a whinging bubba and have dinner in peace!! The little luxuries i had forgotten all about! We missed Julian and we happy when we were reunited, I think he was quite relieved too! My brother and his fiance slept over to look after him and when we returned they were exhausted. They told me they couldn't believe what hard work it was and how did I manage! It was great because they often looked at me in disbelief when I told them how exhausted I was, my brothers comment was 'but you stay home all day!'.

Hope you are all doing well!

Jan - good for you having a night away. I had a friend say on Sunday that she was sick of SAHMs saying how tough their job was. I had to bite my tongue and say nothing because if I did I doubt we'd still be friends!!

Well, its all over. After a bottle at 3.30 am and again at 10.00 am she had nothing all day. She slept almost the entire day on my Mum's shoulder. She was so completely exhausted. Very little in the way of a wet nappy, no more bottle. After her only having about 400mls in 34 hours I gave in at 4.40 pm and gave her a breastfeed. My heart was breaking watching her and I was getting to the point of being terrified my milk would dry up and I'd still have a baby I couldn't bottle feed. I'm on the waiting list for an appointment at the GP tomorrow (usual call at 8.00 am for an appointment and they'll try to squeeze me in) and will then get a referral to a paed. I just hope something has changed to give us a medication option for Elena to keep her breastfeeding that Izzy couldn't have. Feeling incredibly deflated by the whole thing. I just want my baby to be healthy and happy and feel as if everything is conspiring against us at the moment.

Again, thank you ladies for your support. There have been many tears today but a lot of them were overwhelming happiness at your kindness and support so thanks again.

Lulu- DONT YOU DARE BE SAD!!!! You have done an amazing job at this bottle situation! Sit back in the computer chair and really look at how well you gave it a shot!
    The thing is, is every baby is different and you have to try different allies with your different babies. This ally didn't work, there are MANY others

Dont be sad it didn't work, be proud how hard you tried

PLease stop being diflated as this time in your life WILL NOT last and once its over and done with you'll be able to move forward with your beautiful little family and this will all be past Take care and good luck with the appointments

Oh no Lulu - sorry you had a bad day hun. But you know that Elena can do it, it just might take some time for her to take a bottle at every feed. Can you maybe combine boob and bottle and then gradually take away boob? Not sure if that will help??? Good luck at the doctor hun. I'd like to punch your friends lights out lol, let me guess, she has no kids right?????

Jan happy birthday for last weekend and welcome to the 30 club!! Your weekend away sounded like it was great.

Better go, try to get back later!

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast