Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #9

Wow. Now I'm really confused by the whole MCN thing - so many different names. Might have to start doing some investigating I think. Love the "pooplosion"!!!

Now, what's a mesh feeder????

Firstbub - definitely wouldnt' worry about Ella being off the scales - somebody has to be and it just shows your little girl is nice and strong and healthy. And I'm sure all the others catch up and some point - they all seem to have spurts at different times.

Spoke too soon about Iz sleeping through the night again. She's been up teh last two and last night was awful - she woke up screaming twice with sore gums and teeth. Poor baby. Packed her full of nurofen and bonjella and it still took her ages to settle.

Yay Kirsten on your two jobs. I'm sure you'll do (have done!) splendidly.

poor izzy

Ok guys we are finally back to sleep school tomorrow! I wont be on BB till we get back on Thurs. Fingers crossed we get a better result this time. But I am most looking foward to the support.

Hope everyone has a fabulous week. xx

Hello!!!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately - we keep going over our internet usage allowance, so I've had to stay away!!! Its been hard too!!! Anyway, I'm just at Mums so I'll have to go back and catch up on everything later.

Just wanted to let you know that we're all good. I stayed at Mums last night (coz DH had his exam, finally, and went out for a big boozy night, so I didn't want to be home and disturbed AGAIN). It was great too - we put Luke up near Mum's room and she got up to him so I could FINALLY have a good sleep. It's worked wonders too - I feel like a new person today. I'm looking forward to DH being able to help out a bit more too!!! Yay.

Anyway must go. I'll try and get back on next week to catch up on everything but I hope all is wonderfully well.

Kelly xxx

Hi guys!

Danni, good luck at sleep school. Wish we had something like that up here. Angus is not too bad, he is in bed by 6.30/7. Wakes up periodically, I just get up and give him back his dummy, finally give in at about 1am cause he spits his dummy out, feed him, and then he starts his 3 hourly feeds again, so feeds at 1, 4 and then gets up at 7am. He does go staright back to sleep after a feed. I think the broken sleep is worse though!! I hope Mason does well and starts sleeping for you!! You will have to share the sleep secret tips that you learn!!

Lulu, the mesh feeder is like a net attached to a handle that you can put food in for them to chew and they can't choke on it!! Great idea, Angus loves his. You can get replacement nets also if they have teeth and manage to chew holes in it! I put fruit in it, but friends of mine use it for steak and stuff too. I just chuck it in the dishwasher, so easy as!! I got mine from Target, but I have seen them at Big W and even just in Woolworths and Coles. Great investment for about 7 dollars! Great for teething also, cause you can put ice in it, I find cold watermelon is great cause it is so juicy they dont have to bite or suck hard to get the juice out!

Ok, I need to have a quick vent, sorry in advance!! I am so [email protected] off at my DH today. I know he works all week, but I figure that I do as well, I am the one getting up 50 times a night, also getting up at 7am to a crazy house getting DD to school. Let alone all the damn washing, dishes, cleaning etc etc. WHEN IS MY DAY OFF!!! He sleeps in on Sunday cause it is the only day he can, then he goes out to the shed or yard or whatever all day, and says he cant hold the baby or play with him cause he is dirty aarghh!! Now he has gone into bunnings for god knows how long, we have to stay home cause my car has a flat tyre and he didnt have time to change it. Angus just woke up screaming after only half an hours sleep when he normally sleeps for 2-3hrs in the morning. I have just done last nights dirty dishes, and THEN he asks me to make sure I do his washing!!!! Sorry, I sound harsh, but I would like time to sit back and relax also!! Anyway, sorry to bore you with my probs, just had to get it off my chest before I explode at one of the kids or somehting! I better go, will have to start thinking about lunch *sigh*

Take care
    *Michelle*

Hi everyone!

Just thought I would share my excitement - I upgraded my bellybelly membership yay!!! Thought I needed to treat myself and I feel better now!! haha

Hey just wondering if anyone is on facebook? I seen the members section with facebook stuff. I found you Tan and Dan, i also joined the bellybelly group. Hope that is ok that i added you as friends!

Hello everyone!

Anyone that has MCN questions, you can fire away. I work PT at Darlings Downunder 2 days a week so I'm lucky I have quick access to MCNs when I need an upgrade!

The weekend was good - had my first paid shoot on Saturday (11.5 month old) which went SO WELL - so much better than I had anticipated and I got some really gorgeous shots which I hope the parents will love. Sunday I had a newborn shoot which was 'ok' - there's only so much you can do when they're little and the house was pretty dark so I had to stick the baby under a skylight on the dining room table Hopefully they'll still like them!

Well, Mia is 6 months next week and still has absolutely no desire to roll at all... I'm getting worried now! On the other hand, she can sit unaided, and will happily stand leaning up against one of our couches and play with the toys that we put in front of her without toppling over... yet she doesn't roll. I don't get it! I've tried everything - me rolling her showing her how to do it, putting toys/me just out of reach and calling for her to move over - usually this results in her just putting her arm out to the side and turning her head but she has no desire to reach her body over to grab something that's just out of her reach. She's just content to lie there!!! LAZYYYYYYYYYYY just like her mum!! It's pretty funny.

BBL for personals!

x

Just logged on and thought - Oh wow we have another newie in May Mums - but then realised its you Michelle!!!! heehee - Love your av - lookin good chickie!!

Kelly - Yay for Luke - I hope his sleeping keeps up for you!

Yay for the photo shoots Kristen - sounds like its going really well- I love your pics of Mia on your site too! What a cheeky monkey! I read somewhere that babies that sit up early, dont tend to roll until a bit later because they dont have to! they can sit and reach out and grab stuff so I wouldnt worry too much. Izzy will go from tummy to back occasionally but shes too busy chewing her toes when she is on her back to roll, even if toys are out of reach, you can tell she just thinks-pffftt I can eat my toes- who needs a toy?!

Sorry - poor attempt at personals here..... Im so tired even after having a nap that I feel like Im wading in mud today Whats all that about - I think all the disrupted sleep is catching up with me. Al got up to settle Izzy last night after I fed her TWICE and she still wouldnt settle - why do I feel guilty about that? Like I should have done it? Michelle (do you prefer Shell?Maybe I should call you that now that your name has changed ) I hear you about the housework. Al does NO housework other than dinner occasionally or dishes. Nothing else. Whenever I hae a lighthearted dig, (with some seriousness underneath) I get a - oh thats your job, I work 12 hours plus travel time, work a very physical job blah blah yadda yadda. WTF??? Little wonder Im tired!

Anyway enough whining - I have a little business idea to do from home! Im a bit scared to share just yet in case it falls through and I feel like a d!CK, but it should keep me from going a bit insane at home plus bring in a little bit of much needed cash (hopefully). Will let you all know the verdict in the next week or so!
    Going to make a coffee and watch Dr Phil - I think I will have couch cuddle day with my girl. Stuff it all.

Hi gorgeous mums and bubs,
    I'm having a really rough time here at the moment because Olivia is waking up at 10pm and for the life of me I can't get her to settle before 3am even with Dave's help. Usually she will fall straight to sleep as soon as she's in Dave's arms but it just isn't helping. All this has happened after spending Thursday to Saturday at Dave's family. I chucked a tantum at the IL's and now they all think I have PND because I hadn't had a more than 2 hours of sleep at a time for a week, was completely and utterly exhausted when our dogs covered the lounge room with mud so I then had another job to do and so I burst into tears wouldn't talk to anyone for a while. How do you tell the difference between having PND and just being exhausted?

Sorry for the selfish post but I'l be back soon to catch up on personals.

Awww Dan, must be something in the air. Our babies are all conspiring against us at the moment. I think you should do what Im doing today and just sit on the couch all day!

Dan-There are quite destinct differences. In most PND cases, you don't see the funny side of anything, you can't "enjoy" your baby much, you have self harm/harm to the baby thoughts, etc. No, not in all cases, but I'm just telling you what I know. By the sounds of things, you're exhausted, but reevaluate and keep talking to your GP. Everything can spiral VERY quickly as I found out, so it's something you want to get on top of, pronto.

Haha Tan, even I was a bit confused when I looked at this page and seen me name change and a new AV!! How exciting, I only e-mailed it all through yesterday - how speedy!! You can call me whatever - Michelle, shell, I don't mind! Tour DH sounds like mine, all the housework is mine cause I am home and he works all day - huh, I am hardly a lady of leaisure!! I wish!!

Dan, I hope Olivia settles down for you. Sleep deprivation is torture, I dont think there is anything worse.

Anyway, poor effort at personals, but I betta go and do a load of washing!!

*Michelle*

Ooooh Shell we look alike lol

We do Ash lol!! I didn't even notice till u said!!

Danni- good luck at sleep school. I really hope you get some answers this time, not to mention some much needed sleep!

Dan - I don't think I ever "graduated" to PND when Izzy was at her worst with reflux/intolerances issues, but I was incredibly depressed (got an off the charts score on that multi choice PND test CHN give you). I was incredibly miserable, exhausted, very teary (or angry or both), helpless, hopeless and just basically over it all. I didn't have any of those feelings of self harm or harm towards Iz, and I was pretty confident in myself that the reason I was feeling so crap was because of the specific situation - how much pain Izzy was in and how useless I was feeling at dealing with it and making it better for her. Life started getting a lot rosier when her life got rosier. I'm now ashamed to admit that I was one of those women that was scornful of SAHM that complained about being exhausted, overworked, unable to get things done etc. Now that I am one I realise it is the hardest, most emotionally drainining job I've ever done (and I've had more than my share of jobs with 90+ hour weeks). Life (although incredibly rewarding at times) seems to be just one big long struggle to achieve the simplest thing. Can't tell you how thrilled I was yesterday when I finally managed to make a cake using the food processor I got for my birthday last year. Ridiculous but true. Anyway, enough crap about me. You. You haven't given any indications in the past that you're not coping (any more than the rest of us don't on any given day) but only you know if that's because you were holding it in or not. I'd put money on you just being completely exhausted (and hey, who wouldn't spit it after a few days with the IL's???) but like Ash said, if you're at all concerned or you have any feelings of self harm or of harming Livvy, then please go and see someone. If its any consolation, I've been going through the same sort of thing with Izzy at nights off and on for a few weeks now (little minx is actually holding her arms out for me to cuddle her now when she's in her daddy's arms!!), and it so far seems to have started a bit before a tooth has come through, and then gone away and come back after its been through for a couple of days. Its not for nothing sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture. Can you kick Dave out of bed for the next few nights to deal with Livvy when she's grumbling? I know he has to work during the day, but a few nights in a row won't kill him and it will do you the world of good.

Michelle - yay on your upgrade but poo on your DH. I think its a genetic thing that they just don't get how much we do during the day, and how their day shouldn't end just because they leave the office/workshop/farm yard or whatever. Geez. Wouldn't it be nice if we could work a 10 hour day, 5 days a week and that's it???

Kirsten - sounds like your photo shoots went really well. I have wondered in the past what sort of photos you would have of a newborn - one of the reasons I haven't had any professional ones of Izzy done yet (oh yeah, that and the $1,000 fee!!). Would love to pick your brain about MCNs. Will PM you if that's ok. As for Mia not rolling over yet, I really wouldn't be worried about it. Izzy has only just over the last week got the hang of it, and she's a few weeks older than Mia. Given they're both reflux girls I've been told its really common, and that its not a concern if they even completely miss the whole tummy time/rolling stage. In fact, I wish Izzy had - she now will roll over back to front in her cot and can't get herself back. She managed to also spin 180 degrees and roll the other day so she had her head under her sheets. It was very scary to find her that way. Needless to say, grobags have come out for day naps too now.

Tan - I reckon you've definitely got a bit of sleep deprivation caught up with you with that little girl of yours keeping you up late. I'm not sure if its better to never have them sleep through or to have them sleep through (and get used to it), only to stop doing it? Try to take it easy for a few days and see if you can get a bit of energy back. I have couch days too (although I get to blame them on being pregnant ) and I think they're great - lazy days at home playing with Izzy will make you feel like a new mummy again. Good luck with your business venture. I"m sure you'll do brilliantly - hey, you might end up one of those multi-millionaire mummies we see on Oprah one day with their "now why didn't I think of that" inventions!!

Kelly - great idea to stay at your mum's and catch up on sleep. We're off to a wedding on Sunday and my mum is staying overnight (first time ever) and given her bedroom and Izzy's are both upstairs, and ours is downstairs, I'm looking forward to the same thing!!

Ok. After that epic novel I hope I've covered everyone. Things here are up and down. Izzy will be either absolutely brilliant - a happy and content little bub or she's a whingy, clingy monster that sends me a bit nuts I think. I know its because her teeth are giving her hell (shes had the brightest red cheeks for two days now so I'm wondering if there's another one coming through), but sometimes I really do feel the need to put her on her mat and just walk away for a minute. I know its absolutely unforgiveable, but there are times I can understand why mums lose it with their bubs. She's hardly eating anything, lucky to get 500mls down her in a day, sleeping badly at nights, and only sleeping during the day if I rock her to sleep in my arms first. I've reached the point where I desperately need some time on my own to do ANYTHING but I just don't feel I can leave her with anyone the way she's behaving at the moment (bit worried about Mum having her for hours on her own on the weekend). Oh well. That's the end of my whinge. Maybe we should all pick up our bags and head out the front door, telling our sometimes unthoughtful, selfish, unreasonable men that the kids are all theirs for the day, as well as the housework, washing, cooking and shopping. Ooooh, now wouldn't that be fun ?!?!?!

Happy sleeping bubbies. All your mummies love you lots but are really tired and need a night off.

Just have to say I am loving all the new names!! TANSTAR - very nice!!!

I'm going to change my avi soon anyways Michelle so we won't be twins for too long hehe

Hi everyone, sorry I am not up to personals, I am absolutely exhausted!!! Noah is up every 2 hours at night and in the day he is so demanding that I don't get much time to myself. I did manage to get a 5 hour stretch out of him after I gave him a small suckle after having a couple of beers. I don't see myself doing that every night just to get him to sleep. I would not have done it had it not been for the fact I could not resettle him without the suckle.

Little Mr is not so little any more, Noah is now 8kg and 70cm long, so tall and skinny, like his dad. He has finally started to roll and is starting to do a little bit of sitting if I place him in the position. Do the others with sitters have to do that too or do they put themselves into the sitting position?

Well that was the end of Noah's tether, all attention must be paid to him at all times....

Hope everyone else is doing great!

Blake is exactly the same at the moment Sarah - can't leave him to his own devices for more than 2 minutes, and waking every 2-3 hours. I'm exhausted also, I'm going to nap now while he is asleep. Hopefully he lasts longer than 20 mins

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast