Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007

Dan: so great to hear youre doing so well! Persevere with the nipple shield for a week or so and then try to latch her again with the help of the LC. Mason was on a shield for 2.5 weeks and now he is on his own

Dan-That is excellent news that breastfeeding is happening for you!!! Blake is growing well, he was born 2870g, lost 220g, went back up to 2950g, then to 3200g then 3600g at last checkup over a week ago. He has been feeding almost DOUBLE the amount he was though so I predict he will be close to 4kg next time we weigh him He was in special care for 7 days, it felt like 7 years though, and they wanted him in there longer on the feeding tube, but I refused and made them take it out. They are so lazy, rather chuck it through a tube than persevere with a bottle!!

Wow sorry that got so long and out of hand lol

Hi Everyone, hope you are all well rested this morning.......

Glad to see you in here Kelly and can't wait to hear more from you about your little man and to see some pics

Dan sounds like you have a great schedule with Olivia already. 5 hours is a great sleep! How long does she stay awake for in between sleeps?? Oh a good luck with the move. I hope it isn't too stressful.
    Isobella is good still hasn't really settled into a routine yet and she was a really restless the night before last and all day yesterday. She seemed to be very clingy and unsettled wanting to feed constantly; but because I wasn't getting a long enough break and some rest in between feeds I wasn't producing enough milk to satisfy her. SO I had to send hubby out to get some formula to see if that would help. But alas like the dummy she wouldn't take the bottle. So I had to try and squeeze some in at a time until she had atleast 30mls and then gave her the 'real thing' to settle her. Hopefully she is better today; as I was really struggling not to loose the plot especially since I hadn't had more that 10mins sleep at a time. I finally got her to sleep at 2am with a quick feed at 5 without her fully waking up and she is just stirring now.
    But you are right I am loving being a mum and she has been so alert since the day that she was born and she is such a strong little thing!! And she has such a beauuutiful smile!
    Actually Sarah you should be careful that the same doesn't happen with you. Make sure you get the rest in between. I was told by a midwife at the clinic that the more you rest the more milk you produce. So forget the cleaning in between.

Wow Ashlee that is fantastic weight gain for Blake. You sound so relieved that you have him home and with you. It must be a great feeling.

Well better go see how little miss is as my milk is fully loaded and ready to go.

Chat later mummies xx

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!

My first post since I've come back from hospital over the weekend, with our gorgeous darling little girl. Energy has been sapped (as well as my time) so barely have a chance to come on here anymore! Should settle down so I can read about your lovely little ones as well I'm sure

Quick shout out to all of my May Belly Buddies - can't wait to hear how everyone is going!!

As for me - here we go!!

Your name: Kristen
    Partner's name: David
    Ages: 27 and 40
    Baby's name: Mia Charlotte
    Sex:Girl
    First, second, third etc baby: First baby
    Birthday: 15 May 2007
    Time: 4:22pm
    Weight: 8lb 8oz
    Length: 52cm
    Head Circumference: 35cm
    Natural or C-Section: Vaginal birth with some gas and NO TEARS! YAY!
    How many weeks gestation: 40 + 6

Tan - CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of Isabelle. I think it's absolutely wonderful that we have so many Isabelle/a's from the May group! We decided on Mia in the end otherwise it would have made another one from us as well!! haha

Danni - Can't believe how old Mason is already! I am having milk problems too - Mia developed jaundice in hospital and had to go under lights as well as be supplemented with formula to flush it out as I wasn't producing enough. I've hired the same commercial pump I used at the hospital which I have at home now ($33 a week but so worth it if it will get my supply up quickly) so hopefully that will do the trick. Glad to hear it's back to normal for you.

Sarah - Darl - I hear you about the nipples!! Mine are KILLING - dry, cracked, grazed, red, bleeding, blistering... TERRIBLE. I had midwives in the hospital check my attachment each time and it's still not right. I think I might see a LC for a day.

Actually, can anyone recommend a great one in Melbourne? I'm out west.

Lee - How is the feeding going with Baden?

Kelly - Welcome home!! Can't wait to hear more about how things are going with you!

Mel - You sound like you are getting about as much sleep as me!! haha ie - NONE! But it's so worth it isn't it??!

Ashlee - WOW! Sounds like the feeding is going brilliantly!! Congrats on his fab weight gain!!

Alex - Congratulations on your little one coming home!! How is it going now?

Dan - Glad to hear feeding is going well. How has the nipple shield helped? is it just to protect damanged nipples, is that the point? Or help attachment? Haven't used them yet but maybe I should? Good luck with the move too - I don't know how you do it!!

As for us, it's Mia's week birthday today (haha, I'm going to be one of those mums.. I can feel it... everything will be a milestone ) and I am LOVING being a mum.

The website has been updated with a couple of her pics for you to have a look at as well and I will get around to posting her birth story as well. Although it was really difficult and bloody painful I am so glad to be home with her and stare at her all day long. I still don't quite understand how she fit in there... but she's SO CUTE!!!!!

Hi everyone I thought I should pop in and say hello! My beautiful bubba was born five weeks early so I'm a bit lost ATM as to where I should be, I think May might suit us well Our original EDD was 2nd June, but he was going to be a May bub anyway (and almost was!).

Your name: Sarah
    Partner's name: Andrew
    Ages: 27 & 38
    Baby's name: Nicholas John
    Sex: Boy
    Birthday: 29 April 2007
    Time: 11.03am
    Weight: 2.325kg or 5lb 1oz
    Length: 44cm
    Head Circumference: 33cm
    Natural or C-Section: Vaginal birth with gas, epidural, episiotomy, failed vacuum, forceps.
    How many weeks gestation: 35 weeks and 1 day

We're all doing really well despite Nicky being early and me having a broken foot! DH is wonderful, as is my mum and ILs, so I'm very lucky.

I'll keep this short so I can have some time to go back over the start of this thread and get to know everyone.

Hope you're all getting lots of sleep, looking forward to 'meeting' everyone!

Love Sez xoxo

welcome home kristen! i will email you details for LCs and breastfeeding help.

Hi Kristen and welcome back the photos of Mia and her daddy is gorgeous!

And Sarah you are more than welcome to join us in here. How long ago did you break your foot??

ok see how i go doing a post...

welcome home to all the new mummies!!! i hope your all settling into motherhood well.

nurse dan - will be thinking of you as your moving. i hope it all goes well.

mmm - i think we managed to get a few really good pics of baden (pixie photos). for the first few he just cried and then he eventually went to sleep. i think those ones will be just precious.

i also got my photos that were taken at the hospital. over the next few days i will try to addthem to my photo album. its hard but, and i still havent got around to checking out everyones bubs. the other day i had a few moments to spare and BB was down!

anyway we are all doing well. badens feeding is getting better but im still using the nipple shield and still doing formula top ups. at his last weigh in he was still 250gr off his birth weight - he gets weighed again this thursday so hoping he will be back to or over birth weight.

i am very glad ive managed to stick with the breastfeeding so far, but we definately have our ups and downs.

anyway im trying my best to keep up with everyones posts - will get back to everyones websites as soon as i can.

take care and cuddles to all mums and bubs.

ps. just read tans news - lots of us ended up having c/sections huh.

oh and sarah my scar has been fine. hurt like hell the first time i got up afterwards and every now and then its a little bit ouch when i sit or lie down, but mostly its been fine. i havent needed pain relief or anything since coming home.
    Last edited by thedolphin; May 22nd, 2007 at 05:16 PM.

good to hear from you Lee. Mason had his free pixie photo on the weekend and it turned out great. He slept the whole time hehe. But i refused to pay so much for the additional pics. I have taken some at home and they cost me barely nothing to print here with imitation cartridges. Im such a tight ass lol..

well done on the breast feeding! keep it up! Mason is thriving now on the breast as well as EBM in the bottle as well.

Mason has new pics on his site

Hi Guys,

Well, I'm still strugging to keep up, so I'm afraid no personals just yet. I just can't seem to find the time to log on anymore I'm sure once we get settled I'll be back in action!!

Well our first night at home was a pretty good one. Luke is sleeping really well, wakes for a feed and nappy change, then settles himself - it's great but he is waking about every three hours, so I'm only managing to get two hours sleep at a time (and that's if I fall straight back to sleep)!! I'm not liking the tiredness too much, I'm one of those people who really needs their sleep, but I'm doing a lot better than I expected with it!!!

OMG last night we had a classic nappy changing experience resulting in the deadly three things all happening in the middle of the change – wee, poo and spew – all coming out at the same time, of course, once we’ve taken the nappy off!!! All you can do is laugh and then wash EVERYTHING!!!! We’ve run out of clothes already!!!! Thank god Ryann was up too, I think I would of cried otherwise. All this was in the middle of a feed too!!! Classic!!

With regards to the feeding, I'm having problems with one of my nipples too - it's so bloody sore and have been using a nipple shield. It seems to be working really well, feeding isn't quite as painful, so hopefully it will do the trick and I'll be able to go without it again soon - Danni, you've given me lots of hope!!! The other breast is holding up really well though, so fingers crossed it will stay that way. The leaking boobs is just a classic isn't it!! After every shower, my boobs go nuts - it's hilarious!! Not to mention how big they are now!!! I feel like I've had a massive boob job, it's the greatest, until they get so full that they hurt. Hopefully that will settle down too.

Well I'm back to the OB tomorrow as my c/s scar has got a really bad skin irritation or rash over it. It's really red and looks terrible. They nearly didn't let me out of hospital because of it but they're pretty sure its not infected, so I have to pop into the OB again tomorrow for another check of it. Its not getting better though, so I'm a bit worried but I'm sure its not infected - its just very much a skin irritation!!

Wow, this post was much longer than I anticipated - better go sort out dinner.

Hope to catch up on things by the end of the week and promise I'll get some pics up soon too, I just haven't had time to even think about it!!

Kelly xxx

Hi girls. Finally got around to making time to post in the bubbies thread.

Your name: Pamela
    Partner's name: Rein
    Ages: 36 and 35
    Baby's name: Isabelle Grace
    Sex: Girl
    First, second, third etc baby: First
    Birthday: 2 May 2007
    Time: 10.17 pm
    Weight: 3520 grams (7 pounds 12)
    Length: 50 cm
    Head Circumference: 35
    Natural or C-Section: Natural with epidural (35 hours from the beginning of induction and no way was I sticking with my no-drugs plan!) and small episiotomy
    How many weeks gestation:40 + 5

I think Izzy is stirring so my first post is going to be a selfish one with no personals. Izzy is still feeding brilliantly - I'm incredibly lucky in that I have had absolutely no problems whatsoever with her feeding. I really feel for you girls that are having issues - I hope you can get them worked out soon. What I am having problems with though is getting Izzy to sleep - she has colic/reflux so gets horrible tummy problems and she just can't settle unless she's being held upright - which really doesn't help her Mummy get much sleep at all!! Days are the worst and nights fortunately not too bad. Hopefully she'll grow out of it soon.

Kel - I hear you with the nappy issues - 3am when I was changing Isabelle I got the wee and jet propulsion poo (very bad side of colic!!) that went all over me, the floor, her clothes and her grobag. She had been asleep until then too -bugger!

Oh well, better go and give my princess another feed. Promise to catch up with personals soon.

Hope the c-section girls are feeling a bit better and not suffering too much with the after effects.

Your name: Tanya
    Partner's name: Al
    Ages: Both 30
    Baby's name: Isabelle Jade
    Sex: Girl
    Birthday: 19 May 2007
    Time: 935
    Weight: 8pound 13 ounces! (No wonder we got stuck!)
    Length: 50cm
    Head Circumference: 36cm
    Natural or C-Section: Emergency C-Section after an obstructed and LONG labour
    How many weeks gestation: 41 weeks 4 days

Im back!! Briefly! - just got home today OMG so exhausted but Isabelle is an angel - I already feel like a feeding machine too - especially as my milk is only just ocming in today and she feeds prety much 3 hourly if not more.

Will put up a couple of pics girls = and will catch up ina few days when we settle in- thanks for all your support!!

Hi Guys,

I have one very hungry little boy with me so I'll have to try and pop back later but just wanted to let you all know that I've finally updated Luke's website with heaps of pics!!!

Talk soon.

Kelly xxx

Morning everyone!

I'm feeling not too bad this morning after a few hours sleep last night. Nicky went four and a half hours between feeds at one point last night YAY! (the other was two and half, but never mind ). It's amazing what three hours straight of sleep can do for you!

Yesterday we went to the orthodpaedic surgeon about my foot - it's still very much broken, but he said that's normal and that this injury can take 6 or more months to heal. The fact that I have no pain is good, hopefully I won't need any surgery down the track, but I'll have the boot on for at least another 8 weeks probably . So I'm house-bound for a bit longer yet! Just as well I have a newborn to keep me busy and distracted LOL.

Feeding is going pretty well, it's really not easy to know what is right though. It is alot easier now that he only needs a comp feed every second feed now, but I can't wait to have him weighed again on Monday to check that he's still gaining lots of weight! Now that he's getting older and waking up more my nipples are a getting a bit more of a work out, they're a bit grazed ATM. Thank goodness for Lansinoh!

Kelly, how did you go with the Ob? I hope your scar isn't giving you too much trouble hun. How long is Ryann home for? Luke is so cute, I'm sure you're just loving being a mum! BTW, I haven't been pooed on on the change table yet, but he did poo on me while I was feeding him on Mother's Day PMSL!

Tanya, welcome home! I hope you all settled in well on your first night, and that your boobs aren't too sore!

Pamela, that's great that Izzy is feeding so well! Bugger about the colic, that must be very hard when you're tired. My little man just likes company and noise at night so I know what you about holding them upright when you're tired!

Danni, so glad that Mason is doing well on the breast now, good on you hun

Lee, it's hard doing the top ups as well, isn't it? Don't worry about getting to everyone's websites, I haven't got to my own yet LOL!

Kristen, I love all the milestones too! And I just keep wanting to go back to the day my waters broke, I loved the whole experience. I've hired a pump too, it's soooo worth it, isn't it? I just wish I could express more, 20ml in 20 minutes doesn't make me happy, and that's my best effort! Oh well, I'm trying everything I can, and Nicholas certianly seems to get enough from me.

Melissa, how are you going with the bottle? If you're still having problems, maybe you could try syringe or cup feeding?

Ashlee, how are things going with you guys? You must be loving having your little man home. We were so lucky that Nicholas only had to spend 24 hours in the SCN, that was hard enough! You must be very strong to cope so well, good on you.

Dan, thinking of you, ...........I feel sorry for you, I really really hate moving, can't imagine doing it ATM! Hope it goes well for you.

Sarah, how's the feeding going? I hope you're not too tired and that things are settling down now for you.

Oh man, I think that's about all I can handle for now! So many bubbas in here LOL! I'm really sorry if I missed anyone. I'd best go and finish my brekky now before Nicky wakes for his feed. In fact I think he's stirring now.....BBL!

Love Sez xoxo

another rocky night Mason was awake from 11pm-1am then woke every 2.5 hours for a feed. he is finally down now....oh im so tired

hope you can get some rest this morning Danni xx

Go to bed Danni! That's an order Hope Mason is more settled today.

Danni it must have been the night for it. We had our worst night with Olivia last night. She was awake from 9.30pm until 2.30am screaming. Nothing we did settled her. I was in tears and poor Dave had Olivia screaming and me crying. The poor bugger didn't know what to do. Thankfully, she too is sleeping now so I can get some sleep and packing done while I wait for her to wake for a feed.
    I completely agree with Sez it's amazing what three hours sleep in a block will do for you.
    Gotta dash and keep packing. Catch up later.
    Luv Dan.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast