Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007

Mel - sounds like an awful thing Paul and his mum had to go through. Families really can make a mess of their relationships. I hope you find something that works with your Izzy's reflux. I'm having the same problems - my poor little girl basically doesn't burp so she gets a horrible build up of sick (that rarely come out), that creates wind problems that have to work their way out her bottom end. The poor little thing gets woken with the pain of passing explosive wind and poos.

Sarah - so sorry about Noah's poor foot. I hope the physio can do something to help before you get the appointment.

Sez -I hope you can find some quiet space to get some sleep.

Having another unsettled day today - had 1.5 hourly feeds all day yesterday so I feel like Isabelle is welded to me at the moment. I guess she's going through a growth spurt but that combined with reflux/colic is making it pretty tough to deal with.

Oh Mel - How terrible, you poor thing! As the others have said though, it's great that Paul was so loyal. Big hugs to you!

Sez - Isn't it always the way, after a bad night there's always something going on to prevent the 'catch up' sleep! I hope you manage to get some rest though - take care.

Sarah - Big hugs to you too, I can't believe the wait for your appointment is so bloody long!! I hope there's some way you can get in sooner but at the very least, the physio sounds like a great idea. Hang in there.

Danni - Glad to hear Mason slept so well last night, lets hope he settles down a bit for you this afternoon but I must say, I'd rather them sleep well at night and play up during the day!!!!

Tan - I must go read your birth story!! Hope all is going well.

Lulu - You're so lucky to have your DH home with you all the time!!! I love having Ryann here and don't know how I'll go when he goes back to work next week!

Everyone else - I hope your gorgeous bubs are behaving themselves and being good to their mummies!!!

Well, Luke slept beautifully last night. He went down at about 9.30pm and slept through until 2pm!! That's the best sleep he's had so far!! It's just a shame that I didn't sleep quite as well. I woke up at 1pm with a terrible tummy pains and spent the next hour on the loo (sorry if tmi)!! Thankfully all was ok by the time Luke woke up - I was so worried I wasn't going to be able to feed him!! Always the way, the one time Luke sleeps so well is the one time I'm not feeling well!! Not to worry, hopefully he'll do it again tonight for us!!!

Oh, we have a visitor, must go - will be back later!!

Kelly xx

lulu: grab some "Brauer colic relief" from the chemist. Its all natural and it really works on getting the wind out both ends. Mason loves the taste and it works instantly. I love it!

Kelly: luke is gorgeous!

Danni - I've been using the colic relief for a couple of weeks now. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't I feel so sorry for her. This morning she was crying for about an hour while she squirmed and kicked her way through the wind, and like Mel said, she arches her back and her little legs get drawn up to her chest. I've taken her to the doctor about it and basically its a case of hoping she grows out of it sooner rather than later.

do you give it to her everyday? ive found atleast 1ml every day hel[ps mason. rub her tummy clockwise and move her legs around like she is cycling

I can so see why they use sleep deprivation as a form of torture! really hard that we (all!) get a good night's sleep! I tried to nap this arvo, without much success. I'm not quite sure what I'm running on now LOL. I think it will run out by tomorrow though, so I'd better get some zzzzzzzzzzzs tonight! I think my premmie boy is starting to 'wake up'!

MCHN came today, Nicholas has only put on 20g this week, but as he'd put on 250g last week she's okay with that, says it's a good average for the fortnight. And he's feeding well and doing plenty of wet nappies etc. I figure as long as he's gaining, not losing, then I'm happy. It's my EDD this coming Saturday, I can't believe he will already have been here for five weeks!!!! And he still fits into all his 00000 clothes LOL!

Kelly, hope you're feeling better today, it's awful being worried about whether or not your'e going to be able to sit down to feed! I had a time like that in hossy (damn stitches!). Glad Luke was a good boy for you lst night, good luck for a repeat performance tonight

Danni, you poor thing, I hope Mason doesn't do it too often for you, it's so awful. I have to say, it's made me a little paranoid, I have to check him if he's making a funny noise.

Sarah, it's funny you say that, we got our first really good rain the night I went into labour, and the one thing I remember really well towards the end of Nicky's birth is that it was raining outside! It's funny the things you notice

Lulu, it must be hard when you're feeding so often. Does she take long to feed?

Time to go, all sorts of things are calling me LOL!

Love Sez xoxo

sez: Mason is just getting into some 0000s now!

Mason makes funny noises all the time. I hate it!

Yay, I love sleep! I left Nicholas and Andy on the couch last night and went to sleep at about 11pm...........Andy came and got me at 1.30am when Nicky wanted a feed, so I got 2.5 hours straight! I feel like a crazy woman being ezcited about that PMSL. Nicholas was a bit unsettled after that feed, but I got an hour (I think!) and then another 1.5 hours this morning. I can't believe how much better I feel! And he's having a good snooze this morning Hope you're all having a good start to the day too

Danni, how much did Mason weigh at birth? Has he been gaining well? I guess it could be awhile until Nicky is in 0000s! I love his funny noises that he makes, just not when they're unhappy ones, or when I'm trying to sleep LOL. He is so cute when he's feeding, it's like he's trying to talk while he's on the breast!!!!!

Oh, and Nicholas is one month old today! I can't believe it, where did that time go???????

sez: you jinxed us!! This morning Mason had another mucous choking episode. I was beside myself his face went bright red, he was screaming (he never screams like that), milk was pouring out of his nose and he was gagging and not breathign!!!
    OMG
    thank god it was over quickly, and then I put him on my chest to sleep.

He slept like a champion last night too! Im loving feeling human again!

Sez: mason weighed 6 pound at birth and he is gettign weighed today

Oh Danni, you poor things! I really, really feel for you, it's just so scary. I try to remind myself that if he's screaming, then he can get air in. It's the inbetween bits that are truly awful (sorry if I jinxed you ) Good luck with the weighing, hope he's piling it on

And yay for feeling human again LOL!

yes the inbetween bits are the worst!
    Where abouts in melb are you?

Nowhere near you hun, I gather you're a westy? hehe I live out in Croydon

Hello May Mummies!

Thought I'd just quickly introduce myself and my little girl, sorry don't have time to read all your posts but hopefully will be able to catch up soon and get to know the girls that weren't in my belly buddies group.

Your name: Lisa
    Partner's name: Dave
    Ages: both 29
    Baby's name: Elena Grace
    Sex: Girl
    First, second, third etc baby: First baby (first grand/great grandchild on BOTH sides)
    Birthday: 16 May 2007
    Time: 8.59pm
    Weight: 7lb 8oz
    Length: 51cm
    Head Circumference: 34cm
    Natural or C-Section: Vaginal birth with gas, episiotomy, vacuum extraction
    How many weeks gestation: 39 weeks and 5 days

Yay so glad to finally be in the baby buddies section! My little girl has got colic so I'm feeling very sleep deprived at the moment. Hopefully we can sort it out and then I'll have more time to post!

lis: try the Brauer colic relief. Mason loves it and it really works

A quick one again from me - man i just cannot keep up with personals, so sorry. Izzy is sooooo unsettled today and last night, she is up almost every hour to feed r grizzle and I have nipple thrush which absolutely sucks because I am in agony and tears every time she feeds from the right. Expressing is just as painful so i figure i may as well feed her, but its so hard and i just dont know what I'll do if it doesnt start to ease up soon.

Sorry to be such a downer but Im really getting to the point where if i hear her stir I nearly feel ill knowing how much its going to hurt and i hate feeling like that about feeding her. Have been treating us both since yesterday so i guess i just need to be patient.
    Hope you are all doing well ladies and bubs - and again sorry to be such a downer but just really needed to vent with people who understand and not my gorgeous DH who says "just relax" to try and help!
    WIll try to catch up again soon.

Sez - yay for sleep. Isn't it incredible how good you can feel after a mere 2 hours straight sleep! Night before last I got 4.5 hours and woke feeling as if I'd been asleep for 12. Last night made up for it though!! I hope you get another night like it again so you can catch up a bit.

Danni - thanks for the advice. Unfortunately cycling her legs is just one of the many many burping techniques I try, none of which work particularly well for her. A paediatrician has said that some babies just simply don't burp at all, or much. :-(
    Sorry you had such a bad night with Mason - that must have been really scary.

Hi Lis. I'll second Danni's suggestion of the Brauer's colic mix. Izzy gets really bad colic/wind/reflux issues and a lot of the time it works really well for her too - and she loves the raspberry taste! Have you tried elevating Elena's cot/craddle/bassinet? My doctor suggested I try that with Iz and she definitely settles better when she's not lying flat.

Tan - you poor love. That must be hell. I hope whatever treatment you're using works really quickly so you can start enjoying feed time with your princess.

Sarah - don't feel bad for those thoughts. I think at some point we either have had them or will have them, or something equally "bad". I had a really bad night a couple of nights ago - ended up sitting on the flooor next to Izzy's cradle with me bawling louder than her. Just felt so completely useless that I couldn't get my baby to sleep, and having held her literally all day, couldn't face the thought of having to do the same all night. Luckily her daddy took her from me and went upstairs so I could get some sleep but it left me feeling like a complete failure as a mother.

Still tired over here with Isabelle still wanting 1.5 hour feeding. She feeds for anywhere from 15 minutes to 40 minutes each feed (doesn't leave a lot of time when you throw in a nappy change, keeping her upright for 10 minutes at least and then settling her back down before she wants another feed!). She's gaining weight and I certainly have enough milk so its definitely a growth spurt - thank God she goes a bit longer at night or else I'd be completely thrashed.

Hi to all the other mummies - I hope you're all being quiet because you're out enjoying your cherubs, not because you're all sleep deprived zombies!

Lulu-I'm the latter, hence the lack of posting, and because I just can't keep up!!

Hi ladies
    I don't mean to crash your thread but I just wanted to say 'thank you all so much' - Nurse Dan & Danni tracked me down and I came over to read what you guys are up to. I am sat here with tears streaming down my face - it means such a lot to me that you are all happy for me. Thank you all so much again - your babies all look fantastic and I am hoping January 2008 will be the month I am holding my crying/pooing/vomiting baby!!!

I don't want to do an official announcement as I feel I need to see my doctor at the FMU to check all is okay first - maybe in a couple of weeks I will feel more confident.

But thanks again for being wonderful, caring ladies. I miss you all.
    T.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast