Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born May 2007

Congrats Tess, looking forward to seeing your announcement in January!

Isn't it amazing how one day can be so different from the next? We had a LOVELY day here today, with a great sleep this morning, some nice awake time and then another sleep this afternoon, and the same tonight! I just hope that doesn't mean we're in for a shocker overnight LOL. DH is out this evening, so I'm looking forward to a lazy dinner, and then sitting down for a feed at around the time All Saints starts! Even if he feeds early, we can sit on the couch and cuddle while I watch it

Nicholas is just so beautiful, he's got more and more personality every day, I love it! I really can't believe he is one month old already!

Big to all those having a hard day, hope it gets better overnight for you, and that you all get some much deserved sleep!

So glad to have you pop in Tess. We cant wait to share poo/vomit stories with you soon

jut quickly, forgot to mention my news!

My little boy is not so little any more!! He now weighs 9lb14oz! The nurse couldnt believe he has put on so much weight in 14 days, she had to re-check it! Anddddddd he didnt have a feed before we go. So 2 weeks ago he was 8lb5oz and now 9lb14oz. yay for booby juice

Hi girls, no personals today but I wanted to say congrats to Tess, I look forward to hearing about your little bundle in January!

It has been a crazy last couple of days, Noah is starting to be a little more devilish than angelic so I am not getting much sleep at the moment. It is cluster feed mania and he now weighs 4180 grams 200 more than 3 days ago! I am starting to get a nighttime routine started with a bath and massage then feed then bed so I hope it clicks sooner rather than later but we will soon see.

Has anyone gotten Baby Einstein DVD's? If so what do you think about them?

I better go, he is crying again the poor boy. He has sticky eye but I don't think it would hurt him. The mchn said to squirt breast milk into the eye and it will clear

we posted at the same time! The best way to get rid of sticky eye, is to squirt milk onto a cotton ball and wipe it over his eye.
    Always go from inside to outside and never wipe over the eye again with the same ball. So get another and do it again.

I did it about 3 times a day for 3 days and it was gone

Hahaha i don't have cotton balls I must get some when I can get out of the house next. It might be gone by then. It is amusing to squirt milk into an eye though, I had a good chuckle over it

Oh and how could I forget!!! I recieved my Diploma of Interior Design in the post today!! I officially passed!!!!!!

Oh Tess, I'm so glad you popped in here to share your wonderful news with us (even though our spies already let us in on the secret)!!! I'm sooo happy for you honey and think of you often. I just know you'll have the most beautiful bub in January!!!

Sarah - Congrats on the Diploma of Interior Design - that's fantastic news!!!!

Sez - So glad you had a better day today!

Tan - You poor thing, although I can sympathise a little. My right nipple is absolutely KILLING me too - it's like Luke's got razor blades in his mouth, but the left one is perfect, so confusing!! How do you know it's nipple thrush that you've got?? Could I have it on just one nipple?? I tried to call a LC today but didn't have any luck getting hold of her - I must try a bit harder as it's so damn painful and I don't know what to do anymore - it's really getting me down too.

Sorry, no time for any more personals!! I need to get to bed. We had a pretty rough day today. Luke just didn't want to settle, which is very unlike him. I've had an upset tummy again today though, so maybe I'm passing some of it onto him too??? I don't know how all that works?? Anyway he's gone down now, so I'm off to bed early to try and get some sleep - I don't know how I'm still functioning right now. I'm not feeling too great. Lucky Luke is just so adorable, when he finally does go to sleep, he makes everything ok again.

I really just want to get the breastfeeding sorted - I can't believe how painful my right nipple is and I just dread ever feed on that side. Sorry to be a downer. I hope everyone is wonderfully well and that all the bubs are sleeping beautifully!!

Kelly xxx

Thanks girls for suggesting the brauers colic relief - I've tried it and it works sometimes but other times Elena is still so unsettled. She barely slept at all last night and I've only just managed to get her to sleep now.

For those with sore nipples have you tried Lansinoh cream? I've found it fantastic!
    Gotta go try and get some sleep while I can!

Kelly, if you have nipple thrush you will see little white dots on Lukes tongue and a rash on his bottom that starts from the anus and works it's way out from there. I think the only symptom of it being on your nipples is pain and it can be confused for cracked nipples.

Will try to catch up on personals later girls but I need to get out of the house, I am going stir crazy!!!

Hey girls - sooooo busy in here! Right lets see how i manage today!!

Kelly - I feel for you hun - I went back to the hospital and saw the LC there - as my nipple is only slightly grazed and not really damaged at all, plus Izzy has a light white coating on her tongue so she put it down to thrush. Its easy to treat but it hasnt kicked in yet so i have to use a sheild on my right - which confuses her quite a bit when she goes back to normal nipple ...grrrrr. I have to keep up the sheild though otherwise Im literally crying in pain when she feeds and was really dreading every feed which is not a good state of mind to be in. Hope you find something that helps, is ther someone at your hospital you can get onto?? - good luck.

Sarah - congrats on your course - must be a relief and so worth all the hassle now!! Hope your night routine works for you guys - we do the same - bath time is great -she loves it and really seems to settle her at night. By the way PMSL at you squirting milk into Noahs eye although ive read the same thing!! Hee hee!

Lis - hope the colic relief gives you and Elena both a relief so you can get some rest and my parents live in Kilsyth!! Small world!!

Ash - I hear you on the personals this is my first attempt and Im afraid its pretty p*** poor!

Sez - - I grew up in Croydon - we are almost neighbours!! Isnt it amazing what one day differnce makes - Izzy was so unsettled yesterday feeding at odd times every hour to every hour and a half and not sleeping for more than 30 minutes and since midnight shes back to her 3 hour pattern.....bliss.

Lulu - hope Isabelle settles for you and gives you a break hun... she will probably have put on heaps of weight with all that feeding!!

Danni - glad Mason is fattening up for you - little champ!! Hope you getting lots of rest!

Tess - so pleased for you and looking forward to reading all about it in January!!!

To everyone else I have missed - apologies i cant read back any further but I have been reading lots and keeping up!

Well as I said Isabelle has been an angel since midnight after her restless day yesterday, sleeping for 3 hours and feeding better. Mums here to help today making dinner for us as we speak and helping me get into some sort ouf routine as Im still feeling so clueless. Al keeps telling me that Im fine - but I really feel so useless when she is screaming just fed changed etc.... I hate not knowing whats wrong. Having this demon nipple doesnt help much either - hoping the treatment will kick in very soon!

Anyway -better go and see if I can have a bit of a rest before she wakes again- have a great day mums and bubs!!

Tan-You've done well hunny, I'm not even going to attempt it yet! I really hope that nipple heals up soon, you're a braver woman than I. Mine got severely crackd then my milk sorta got "stuck" and now we're using formula Not my first choice, but the little guy seems to love it.

Blake had a checkup today and is now 4.44kg or 9lb 11oz!! That's a gain of almost 1kg or 2lbs in around 3 weeks!

Hi everyone

Just a quick one from me.

Mia is doing well - she is absolutely horrid at the moment in the early evenings between 7-11pm. She just refuses to settle unless we have her with us lying on the couch in front of the tv. All other day sleeps are fine, but as soon as we get to that time she just chucks a tanty!

We've tried giving her Infants Friend because she's a bit of a windy baby but that didn't seem to help yet (does anyone know how long it's supposed to take? My impression was straight away?)

I've also noticed during expressing and sometimes feeding that my nipples go completely white after I stop, and when the colour returns I get these shooting pains. Looking it up, it appears I might have some circulation problems (GREAT!!) but will probably ring my MCHN today to discuss it with her. Anyone else having this problem?

Hi girls and bubs!

Not much to report here, just enjoying having a lovely time at home, and not being out in the yucky weather! Hoping to squeeze in a nap this arvo

Tan, whereabouts did you live? Isn't it amazing how 3 hours can seem like bliss?! Hope she keeps that up, or extends it even longer!

Kristen, I was under the impression that if your nipples are at all white after feeding then bubs isn't attching properly. But I also have a friend who developed a condition while BFing (early on) that led to her having almost no blood circulating to her nipples (very painful!). Her attachment was fine, I don't know what caused her problem, and I can't remember what it is called, but she ended up taking meds for it, and she is still happily BFing her bub at 8 months! Definitely check with your MCHN, and if you don't have any luck there try the ABA.

Sarah, I hear you hun! Yesterday I had a mini nervous breakdown cos I had such bad cabin fever! I was so cranky with DH and he wasn't too pleased until I cried and told him that I'm sooooooooo sick of my foot! And knowing that I won't be able to drive etc for another 7 weeks AT LEAST just makes it worse . So I went for a drive with him to the tip while Mum looked after Nicky (she was here doing my housework for me ). Just going out for half an hour made a huge difference. I hope you can get out soon, even just for a walk.

Kelly, you're never a downer hun! How did you go getting onto that LC? I really hope you can get some help with that damn right nipple, it must be very upsetting for you. Hope your tummy is feeling better too. How's little Luke going today?

Ashlee, that's a fantastic weight gain! I breathe a sigh of relief every time Nicholas is weighed and has gained, cos I know how they don't like premmies to lose. Obviously that formula is working a treat, don't be down on yourself hun, as long as Blake is happy and healthy, that's what matters

Lis, yep, I LOVE Lansinoh! I used it through my pg cos I had really itchy nipples, it was the only thing that helped. I now use it after my shower at night, just to keep everything going well. I do wonder if using it for months before Nicholas was born helped me to not have any dramas with my nipples while establishing BFing?

Danni, how's your little porker going? What a fantastic weight gain!

Oh yeah, for those that were talking about squirting BM, I use it for everything LOL! When his belly button cord dropped off and was a bit weepy, when he gets sticky eyes, a little bit up his nose when it's blocked etc etc! We're always joking about the 'liquid gold' in this house, it works a treat!

Big hi to everyone else! Probably should go and try to acheive something while my wee man is asleep. I think he's getting bigger, but compared to everyone elses bubs he's tiny still - 6lbs 2oz!

Love Sez xoxo

Time to create you girls a new thread.

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678