Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007

Sez - that must have been so scary, you poor thing. These little ones are going to age us all I think. Glad it was nothing too serious.

Kel - I had the same horror with Isabelle thinking she was fitting. It was so different to her normal squirms. If you ever have any problems when Ryann is back at work please call me - I'm only 15 minutes or so away. I'm so lucky with Rein working from home - I'm trying not to "use" him during the day but its so reassuring knowing he's just upstairs.

Mel - good on you - that would have been funny to see. Looking forward to you coming back and sharing your news.

Well, we went out to dinner last night. Izzy was brilliant - tiny little grizzle until her daddy cuddled her, then she went right back to sleep in her pram. So nice to be out doing "normal" things with our beautiful little girl.

Its very crappy weather here today so I think we're off to the DVD store and then having a movie day at home. Hope everyone is having a nice and peaceful Sunday.

Oooh you guys are so chatty and I feel bad notdoing personals again - sorry, I am keeping up though - so good to get some insight. Im good today we had our first good night with a big sleep from 1- almost 5!! Wouldnt you know it though I was awake for ages and couldnt settle myself.
    Anyway have been feeling pretty clueless still about everything - must be something about being a teacher and wanting to control and know everything! Luckily mum has been here to help and get us into some sort of routine and shes helping heaps. Izzy is so good she only cries when shes hungry and settles really well for sleep most of the time. Shes feeding about every 3hours on average - Kelly im having the same problems with my nipples too - they look healthy not cracked red etc, but I am literally in agony when feeding. I had the domiciallary(SP??) nurse come again yesterday and she thinks that we need a few adjustments with attachment - Im so huge and have lots of milk too and now Im feeding with one hand flat under my bb so that my nipple kind of flattens and its easier for her to get a mouthful IYKWIM....it has helped with the pain quite a bit but Im stil sore so not sure what to do. Im scared a nipple shield will cause more problems with attachment when I stop using them? I also dont want to express as Im already huge and sore.
    Anyway ladies sorry for the selfish post - will try to get some personals done in teh next few day and really want to get my birth story done too - pheew so much to do.
    Take care mummies and bubs!!!

Aw Tan, just had a look at Isabelle's gorgeous piccies - does she have a stork mark on her forehead? Mia does too!!

Hey Kristen - yep and on the tip of her nose!!! All from being posterior and mum having uncontrollable urges to push at 7cm!

Sounds like my labour!!!

Have posted my brith story if you guys are interested! Just sat down to type and got it all down somehow!

Izzy has been so unsettled this arvo feeding for 15 minutes and asleep for 1 hour at a time - how do you make a sleeping baby feed??!!!

Aww Tan I am still typing my post but now I have to read your birth story. Just pop Izzy onto your breast and she should start suckling away, if not then she must not be hungry.

Ok so maybe we are just as chatty as when we were in our BellyBuddies thread, lets see how good I am at catching up.

Kelly - I hope your incision is feeling better and you have managed to slow down, but if you are anything like me I will guess that there is only a minor improvement. As for the rash are you keeping a pad between your skin and your clothes? It does make a world of difference, if you do use one I would head to the doctor and see what they can do for it, no sense in having any unneccisary discomfort. Drink up that H2O as well, we can't have you fainting on us

Heather - I will have to add that book to the shopping list, is it based on gentle parenting or attachment parenting at all or just lets you know the phases babies go through? So far my books include What to Expect in the First Year and New Babycare by Dr Mirriam Stoppard and next is Kidwrangling(sp?) I love Kaz Cooke's sense of humour. What would we do without our books?

Sezjm - at falling asleep BF, it is so easy to do that. Are you able to get out of the house even for a coffee at all? It is no fun being housebound, hopefully the 2 months fly by for you. Poor Nicholas with the vomiting last night, Noah did a huge vomit yesterday and it is scarey. Do you try to keep him upright for 5 mins or so after a feed?

Tan - How are your nipples feeling, any better? The Lanisoh is fantastic and having forgoten to use it for the last few days I realize how helpful it is. As for keeping Noah warm at night I have been co sleeping with him and just have him in a bonds suit because it is so cold in the house even with the heater on all day. How is your pain with the c/s?

Lulu - I sort of wish I never started with the co sleeping but I think I would stay awake with worry if I didn't so I see a few months of it going on at least, I try to settle him in the bassinet sometimes but he cries as soon as he is in it and I can't stand hearing him cry. Enjoy your movie day!

Kristen - Sounds like I have another book to add to the shopping list. Lucky you having David around for so long, I had Juz for a week but if he is home he is always on the computer playing his war games anyway so if I want help I have to call down the hall to him some boys. Mia's photos look stunning! Your friend did a great job of them.

Lee - The worries are never ending, sleeping too little or too much? eating too little or too much? On and on the list can go. Don't worry about being crap with the personals, it is hardly easy to catch up with so many of us and little munchkins taking up most of our time.

Mel - Hope you are doing well at the public bf, I am terrified in case someone tells me off even though I know it is my right to bf in public.

Danni - I hope Mason is being a perfect little angel for you.

To everyone I have missed, I hope you are all enjoying motherhood and getting enough rest.

Hmmm now I have forgotten what I was going to say....I am still in the process of writing my birth story but I am seeing a lot of anger in it for someone who had an open mind knowing that I may not get what I prefered. I had a really bad day with Noah on Friday wanting to feed every 15mins I actually broke down and started crying myself and even said to Juz that I regret ever having a baby. I wish I had never said it as I know I don't really mean it, just the lack of sleep and a baby crying all day got to me. Things are much better today, he has spent most of the day sleeping, hopefully this goes on all night too but I think I am asking for too much there. Well my mind has gone blank for the rest of the stuff but this post is monsterous already anyway. Hope everyone is well!

Good Morning Ladies,

Yep it is almost 3am and I am posting. Well I have just finished feeding Isobella and currently have her lying asleep on my chest. I have a feeling that she gets reflux but she doesn't actually have any of it come out of her mouth. Which is worse as it sounds like it keeps repeating on her. So I have been trying to keep her upright for atleast 10 minutes after her feed and it seems to be helping and she is settling better. I know it then causes problems as she is almost always falling asleep in my arms; but it is better than her screaming and arching her back as if in pain. I am going to have to organise to see the quack and get it properly diagnosed though.

Now to fill you in on the other day. I am going to try and condense it as much as possible and I hope I don't ramble on too much.........
    Both Paul and I had fallen asleep on the lounge the other night; about 1:30 I was woken up by Isobella for a feed. She didn't settle till about 2:30ish and I was still awake at 3 when Paul's mobile rang. It was his mum's mobile and when I answered it his Aunty (she lives in the same house as his mum) was on the other end sounding very upset and asked for Paul. My first reaction was "Is everyone alirght?"
    She said yes but Paul's Grandfather had passed away. Well that was a shock. So I woke Paul up and his Aunty told him then asked him if he wanted to go to his grandparents house. The whole problem is that we haven't been to that house in over 4 years. Back in March 2003 his family had gathered for the grandfather birthday. Paul and I had had an argument that day and never went. But while everyone was there a massive argument broke out between the uncles and my SIL and my MIL.
    Just a few months before this my MIL had been diagnosed with breast cancer and had been under going chemo treatment with a full hysterectomy (sp??) done only a couple of weeks before the grandfathers birthday, Well in the middle of the argument my MIL got very upset and was going to leave, my SIL followed her outside and when they got out the front my MIL collapsed. My SIL then raced over to see if she was ok. While she was leaning over her mum to see if she was ok one of her uncles came up behind her. My SIL turned around to look at him and as she did so he grabbed her with one arm and hit her twice with the other. Well my niece and nephew began screaming and then the Aunty that lives with my MIL got caught up in it trying to get my MIL off the ground. The grandfather threw a shoe at my niece and told her to stop screaming and then told my MIL, SIL and the Aunty to leave. SO he basically kicked them out. It ended up with the police being rung. They called Paul and I to let us know what had happened and being the protective person that my husband is he phoned his uncle and asked him if it was true that he had just hit his sister. Well the answer was yes Paul was shocked and told him he had no right to hit a woman. The uncle respomded with "she deserved it" and because Paul stood up for his sister both the uncles threatened to kill him. Bl--dy hot headed Italian family. The whole thing was a total mess that then ended up in court. So it was quite hard because before the argument my husband had been very close with the grandfather.
    After the call we sat up for a little while before going back to bed. When we got up Paul phoned his sister up to see if she was still coming over (she wasn't going to be going to the grandparents house) as she was supposed to be coming over that day to get her car fixed by our next door neighbour who is a panel beater (someone had tried breaking into her car twice and had used a screw driver to put a hole in the both front doors to get in behind the lock) she said she still wanted the work done but didn't have a license as she didn't realise that she needed to renew it a the beginning of the month. So Paul went to over to get her and the kids and drove her car back to get the repairs done. So after not having had much sleep I was having visitors for the whole day. I then became the listening ear for my SIL and her reasons as to why she wasn't going to the house as if I needed to be convinced. She kept saying to me that she didn't feel anything with her grandfather passing away and that she wasn't upset. And to be honest I think it was kind of getting to her because she wasn't feeling any emotions.
    Paul ended up going to a very brief time to the grandparents house and the rest of the family just ignored him and his mother. She ended up stopping in late that night and couldn't stop crying; she was a mess. Lucky for her she had just started speaking to her parents a few months ago. Can you imagine what state she would have been in if her father had passed without them having spoken.... she would have never forgiven herself. So it was a very emotional day for the family as it brought up a lot of feelings and past dicussions......I am not sure when the funeral is but I can see it is going to be a very hard day also.

Awww Mel that is terrible!!! I think Paul and his Mum did the right thing by going though and it is sad that the rest of the family ignored them. Blood is meant to be thicker than water but more often it is not and I know what that is like. Good luck with getting Isobella's reflux sorted, it is no fun seeing our bubs in pain :hugs:

Another bad night here, fortunately no choking/mucous episodes, but definitely not much sleep! I'll try to get back on later for personals

Danni, it's so awful and scary isn't it? I can handle the vomiting, but the choking on the mucous really freaks me out! Hope Mason is going well.

ETA Hugs Mel, what a tricky time. Good on Paul for being so loyal.

I am so upset right now!!! I had my Dr fax a referal to a clubfoot expert and it has been lost and another one has to be sent now. It is a 3 month wait to get an appt!!! Not only that Noah's foot is getting worse I don't know what to do

Oh, massive hugs Sarah, I can so understand you being upset. Is there any way you can get an appointment sooner? Like if you explain that his foot is getting worse? You poor thing, I hope you can sort something out.

The only way is if my Dr can mark it urgent but that isn't possible, I might look at physio in ther meantime but he really needs the ponseti method in order to fix it. I might see what can be done at the 6 week check up. Oh the stress of having babies!! Sorry to hear you didn't get much sleep last night, are you able to nap today or are you like me and cannot sleep in the day time?

Oh I can sleep in the daytime with no problems, just not today! Nicholas is asleep, but not really settled, my FIL is renovating our laundry (lots of banging) so the dog is outside which she doesn't like, so she keeps barking Grrrrrrrrrr.

Good luck with the physio, I hope it helps. Definitely see what they can do at your six week check, I really hope they can speed things up for you.

Sounds like we need to trade houses for the day, all you can hear here is rain on the tin roof, a great background noise to fall asleep to. Try to get some rest at least.

Speaking of rain, it never rains in Horsham, well not much anyway, it always seems to bypass here. Ever since Noah was born it has rained every day except for 2 or 3 days. How is that for strange. He better get started on that ark of his

Hey

Aww Sarah, sound very stressfull
    i hope it all comes together for you
    and can get an appointment sooner

Take care
    Eve

oh no sarah...i hope they can do something for you

Sez: mason had mucous last night! that awful choking noise again...I hate it.

Mason slept beautifully last night but now wont sleep today again

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast