Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2005 #2

eddiesmom Guest

Hi Everyone!!!!
    I would have definately wanted to know if there was any illness, even just a cold. I probably would have let him stay if another child had a cold but still they should have told you. Eddie cut his first tooth at about 5 and a half months and now has 2. His came out really fast... one day it was nothing the next day there was a tooth. He's a champ about it though, doesnt fuss much with them. He's desparately triing to crawl right now but he gets up on all 4's then lunges forward on his face, it should be soon though. The problem Im having with him right now is when I put him to bed he flips over on his tummy then staightens his legs with his butt in the air and his head on the mattress and pushes himself around the crib till he gets stuck and cant roll back over. Then he screams bloody murder and I go in and flip him back over, give him his binks, and before I'm even out of the room he's at it again. He's so tired.. rubbing his eyes and definately ready for bed so I dont really know why he's doing this or what to do to get him to stop. Any suggestions?? Carrie, I hope little Kyla is feeling better, poor baby.

thanks carrie i've been told i'm getting a bit obsessive about his website.. hehe.. yeh it does take a bit more effort to look after him now that he's so mobile.. i wonder what it's going to be like when he's walking. how is kyla now? getting any better?

i asked about ethan's drinking/feeding habits in the breastfeeding, bottlefeeding and solids section and a couple of girls advised that i should increase his milk rather than his solids. so i started doing that yesterday and he seems a lot more content now. now i've got the problem of a leaking night time nappy! hehe..

eddiesmom, i hope ethan accepts his teeth as well as eddie seems to have! ethan was doing a lot of the face burying (up on all 4's and face smushed on the floor) just before he crawled so it should happen very, very soon. no suggestions about him getting stuck in the cot though.. i've always had to rock ethan to sleep in my arms before i can put him down.

eddiesmom Guest

yeah, i would love to rock eddie to sleep, but when he's fighting sleep he won't settle. he just tries to sit up. i looked at ethan's website.....he's adorable!!!! i gave eddie pear juice yesterday and he absolutley loved it, and today we're going to get him a bigger car seat. he's only 17lb, 10oz right now but he's so long the pedi told us its time to go to the next one. Eddie's still not big on solids but he did eat a little more yesterday than normal, when i open my mouth and say awwww to get him to open his he laughs at me. it's funny. talk to you all soon
    audra

boredtassiemum Guest

Forum Name:
    State: Tas
    Baby's DOB: 9th Nov 05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 4lb 13oz - 46cm - 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Kiralee
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: was born 4 1/2 weeks early emergency c-section

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Kiralee is now 6.5 months old, she has 4 180ml bottle feeds and 3 feeds of solids a day. She absolutely loves her food, can't get enough of it, she screams when she finishes the jar. She sleeps from about 7pm to about 6 or 7am which is great for me. She has rolled over a few times but got bored with it and gave up, she can sit for a few seconds without support. ummm not really doing much else exciting. It will be great to see what other bubs the same age are up to, look forward to getting to know everyone.

Hi all and Welcome Kylie.
    Kylie - what a beautiful name your little girl has! She sounds like she's doing really well and what a good girl sleeping for 12 hours over night for you!

Audra - Yeah, it sounds like Eddie will be off crawling very soon. Sounds like you'll also have to get busy childproofing the house!!

Dana- LOL re: your website. It took you a while to get the web page going when you were PG, but you now look like an absolute pro!!

Well me, DH and Kyla are all sick now , so we're all sneezing, coughing and blowing our noses (except Kyla - but she hates it when I try to wipe hers). She went off her bottles a bit over the last few days but has been a little better today which is good cos I was starting to worry about dehydration. Hopefully she'll start to pick up a bit now - it's been a week, so it should be soon.

Hope everyone else is well and having a nice weekend!

Hey everyone, I will be away on holidays until Sunday, so if you have anything that needs doing urgently email one of the other moderators listed in the first post, otherwise feel free to email it to me & I will update when I get back home.

If you have emailed me and I haven't gotten to it yet, I apologise as this week has been full of trips to doctors, hospitals and ultrasounds... I promise to get to everything by early next week. Thank you for your patience.

Hi - we got back from a week in Queensland ! Alex screamed (and I cried too) on the plane on the way up but was fine on the way back. He slept in the suitcase (left open!) on the first night and we were supposed to pick up a cot and high chair the next morning, but he slept so well, we decided he could sleep in there for the week !

Alex doesn't have any teeth yet, nor does he roll. He sorta flips from his tummy to back, but he doesn't know he's doing it, I don't think. He also had his 6 month jabs on Tuesday, he doesn't show any outward signs at all of having them.

ABout the colds - Cait got one about a week after I stopepd breastfeeding, so I put it down to that ! ALex has been fine so far, I stopped feeding around the end of April with him. He loves cereal - I mix half a weet bix and some of the baby stuff. He also has a solid at lunchtime and would probably have a dinner as well, but he's been sleeping from about 4.30 in the arvo to 4.30am !

Also about colds and MGs - I used to think that, about mums keeping their kids home and with really little ones, they should. But sometimes when they're older it seems like they have a cold or runny nose or cough all the time and you could end up being home all week.

Gotta do kinda run, back later.

eddiesmom Guest

Hi Everyone and Hi Kylie and Welcome!!!
    Well Eddie still isnt crawling, but he's trying. He is however pulling himself up on this. I had to lower the crib mattress a couple days ago because i was afraid he'd plull himself up and tip out....scary thought. Eddie wants absolutley nothing to to with being spoon fed..I give him banannas by spoon he wont take it but if i put a bannana in a mesh feeder device he'll eat it. I dont know how do get him to take it by the spoon...it's almost like he's too indapentant to be spoon fed. He will take one or 2 bites if i let him hold the spoon although he gets bored with it after a couple times. He's almost 7 months i hope he starts to like it soon. i'll talk to you all later
    audra

Hi guys. Milo has 4 teeth now, I can't remember whether I told you already, and am too lazy to scroll back to find out! *lol*

Neil has had gastro, so its been fun and games trying to ensure that Milo (and I) don't get it as well. So far so good.

The worst part though was it started on Thursday, which was mums 50th birthday, adn Neil had organised dinner at our place, ordered a cake etc, and he ended up in bed and missed the whole thing. Plus the rest of the family (we have a VERY big extended family) went out for dinner last night, at Neil's favourite restaurant, and he couldn't go So he's been feeling very left out and dejected.

I think Milo is going to drop a bottle feed sometime soon, ATM he has 5 bottles and 2 solid feeds, but twice this week he's only had the 4 bottles, and is still settling quite well, and sleeping at night etc. Only time will tell I guess.

Back at work, its good and bad ATM. Lots of changes within the company etc. I have been thinking about putting the feelers out to see if I might be bale to work somewhere else, but only half-hartedly.

I have seriously thought about approaching VicPol about working in computer crime, I think it would be so much more interesting than just regular IT.

What I would really like to do is go back to uni part time and study law, but it would take so long, and I don't know if I could do all that reading with a baby. Maybe next year or the year after.

Hope everyone has a good weekend (and a fab-o Monday if you have a long weekend like I do)

Milo has gastro

I thought maybe the runny nappies were from food, we tried a couple of different vegies on the weekend, but last night he woke me up crying at 12:40am, and when I went in to check on him and he'd been sick. the cot sheets were saturated, and he was looking really upset (but had stopped crying)

I picked him up abnd could feel his little tummy working overtime, then he threw up again, all over me, and proceeded to laugh at me!! So I rang that nurse on call line, very good, and they said not to take him to hospital unless he kept vomiting or showed signs of dehydration, which he didn't.

He went back to sleep pretty much right away, and woke at around 6, with another runny nappy.

But so far so good, he's been eating as normal today. hasn't had another dirty nappy yet (but hasn't had a wet one either) and hasn't been sick. I have to go in to work this afternoon, and he'll be at mums cos its her day to look after him.

Not sure about tomorrow yet, he would normally go to creche but not with the runs - DH might have to stay home from work with him.

See ya

oh poor milo! ethan had gastro a month or two ago and it was terrible! have you taken him to the docs? our doc prescribed elecktrolyte fluid and half strength formula but it just seemed to go on for ages. i hope he gets better soon.

i feel like i am the worst mum in the world today. ethan kept tossing and turning and waking up to cry every half an hour last night and i just couldn't take it anymore after 2 hours so i screamed at johnny to get off his ass and help me! we didn't know what was wrong so we just rocked him back to sleep everytime. then this morning we discovered it was because he'd done a toxic poo in his nappy and it was irritating him a LOT. his bum and bits are all red (like they've been burnt!)and he cries everytime we try to put nappy rash cream on him. i feel awful... goodness knows how he can still be chirpy and smiley with me. i could just kick myself over and over again...

Awww, poor little Milo. Hope that he's doing okay now Rayray!
    Dana- Poor Ethan too! Do you think he could be teething? I found that Kyla got a really red bot when her tooth was coming through. Don't feel bad Dana - he's obviously forgotten all about it.
    I've done worse - the other day I lifted Kyla out of the cot and wacked her head hard on the hanging glass light shade. I felt AWFUL, the poor thing really cried

eddiesmom Guest

Hi everyone!!
    Awwww poor Milo, I hope he's feeling better. My neighbors baby has gasto as well and he is just miserable.
    Dana - Eddie's bum is red after almost every poop, He doesnt digest really well so its usually hard...asked the pedi about it and she said nothing to worry about. I can imagine that broke your heart this morning but ....it happens. When Eddie wakes in the middle of the night I dont change him either..if he poops I do but you cant always tell.
    Not much new with Eddie although he's getting more teeth and not taking it as well as the last. he has a runny nose and is very whinny. i hope they come through soon, i feel so bad for him
    hope all else is well with everyone
    audra

eddiesmom Guest

I tried to add this but for some reason I couldn't revise my post
    Wanted to say:
    Poor Kayla too, Ive done that before with Eddie though too :-( Bumped him putting him in his car seat..I felt terrible. I think we feel worse when things like that happen than they do

hi girls and thanks for your words of encouragement. i still feel really bad but thankfully, he's a lot better today. i changed his nappy every 2 hours yesterday and rinsed his bum in the sink when he poo'ed instead of touching the extra sore bits with baby wipes. i appreciate his smiles and giggles much more lately!

carrie, it was definitely the poo that did this to him as he still isn't teething. i slide my fingertip along his gums every now and then to see if he might be but nothing. sounds like most of your bubs have a sprouted more than a few already... is there such a thing as a late teether?

something about us mum's for a sec... did you find that your hair started falling out a few months after the birth? mine did with a vengeance and now i'm sprouting new baby ones along my hair line. when my hair is short, it has a terrible kink in it so i look like i've got horns!

Dana, he's not late, our bubs are early!
    The average age for getting a first tooth is 7 months, but there are wide variations, and some have no teeth on their first birthday!

Milo is much better now, and says thanks for your kind wishes! no vomiting since Sunday night and everything else is firming up again.

When he does little possets though, which he has always done, they smell more, like when he was sick. I don't know if this means he's still unwell? I don't think so as he seems his usual self now, his appetite is practically back to normal etc

Hey Dana! Sorry to butt in to yalls thread, but YES I am having the same problem here! My hair is falling out everywhere!!! I am glad I am not the only one! Even the hairdresser was shocked at the amount that came out when she brushed my hair! It is good to know it grows back in eventually!

eddiesmom Guest

Hi everyone..
    Dana, I've heard from people in my baby chat group that some babies get their first tooth as late as 18 months!!! Don't worry his will come soon enough.
    Rayray, Im glad to hear Milo's feeling better!!
    Eddie is still miserable..runny nose, whinning, and very clingy hard to set him down lately. Im chalking it all up to teething because he doesnt have a fever. I hope he gets a new one soon!
    My sister is visiting from Texas for a month, she's comming in next week...I cant wait!!!! Thats about 22 hours from me in Ohio. My niece is only a month younger than Eddie and Im anxious to see how they interact. When i went to texas to see them the babies didnt really pay attention to each other (they were 3 and 4 months then) so im hoping they'll play a little this time! My mom is also comming in for 10 days, i cant wait!!
    Its hard with them so far away!
    Oh by the way sarajo is my sister and the pic is of little abby jo my niece, she is the one that told me of baby buddies!
    anyway ill talk to you all later
    audra
    Last edited by eddiesmom; June 14th, 2006 at 11:05 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast