Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2005 #2

Milo is much better.
    He's also sitting on his own now, yay!

No crawling yet, but lots of wriggling and we still manage to get from one side of the room to the other!

Hope everyone is doing well.

hi ray! hadn't heard from you in a while so i'm glad to hear that milo is doing much better. hey i did a search on vapourizers the other day and your thread on humidifiers came up... did you end up getting one??

ethan came down with a cough about a week ago and it only got worse. i need to mention here that i HATE when ethan's grandparents think they know every there is to know about babies! bleah... anyway.. hehe.. it got worse so we took him to the docs for medication. turns out the little cough got worse and turned into a chest infection. he's slowly getting better but since he's had the cough, he's gone COMPLETELY off his milk and won't even let us put the bottle in his mouth. actually, he'll let us stick it in there only to have a taste but if it's milk, he'll push it back out. water and juice are still okay.

so now he's waking every hour during the night and it's torture! i think it's because he doesn't get that last 240ml before bedtime so his empty tummy is bothering him... but he just won't drink his milk! johnny and i are going bonkers.. any ideas as to how i can get him to drink his milk?

need a full nights sleep...

maybe try giving him extra solids at night and extra juice during the day

Do you bath Ethan at night before bed ? I've heard a nice bath and massage helps with sleeping, for the baby that is :-)

Alex is doing great - sleeps and eats a treat, rolls around the room, but sometimes gets stuck on his tummy and gets grumpy. No teeth or sitting yet. He has his 8 month weigh in on Wednesday. And I finally turned the car seat around about two weeks ago, he loves sitting up and facing out.

I got a Euky Bear vaporiser from the chemist. It runs for 10-12 hours, and turns of the heatging mechanism when the water level becomes too low. The only thing I've noticed is that when this happens, its makes a sound that while not loud, is a bit annoying. Milo seems to sleep through OK still.

Well, except for this morning when he got me up at 5 (9.5 hours sleep) he has been sleeping 11-12 hours most nights.

He still has a cold, but I took him to the doctors and she said to expect him to have continuos colds til the end of winter , and to bring him back if the symptoms change or get worse.

Hes been a bit cranky, and grisly the last couple of days, like how he gets after an immunisation, but without a temperature. I'm thinking he might be getting another tooth so I'm going to look for another swollen gum tonight, otherwise I might take him back to the doc to get checked out.

ethan's still not sleeping through the night but he goes back to sleep almost immediately when i pick him up and rock him a bit. at least that's something. the longest he went last night without waking was 1.5 hours. poor bub.

ray, we got the vicks warm steam vapourizer and it does the same thing when the water gets low. do you use yours with eucalyptus oil? we did when we first got it and it gave johnny and i the worst headache. so lately we've just been using it with plain water... that'll still do the trick won't it?

barb, we used to bathe ethan before bed but lately it's just been when we've got a spare half hour. plus i have to follow the superstition of not being allowed to bathe him when he's sick (even adults have to follow it too!). hope he gets better soon. what other tricks are there to use when bub is sick?

I know what you mean about the spare time - Alex has a bath after breakfast , usually after he has made a mess with it. Lots of cuddles for sick babies - I'm not sure what else ... I've never used a vaporiser. Does the milk make him a phlegmy ? I know as an adult with a cold you avoid milk but it's a bit hard with babies.

I read a pamphlet about children and colds today (we had a bit of a run in 'thing' with the kinda teacher) that they suaully last 5-7 days and a cough can hang around for up to two weeks after and that children can have between 5-10 colds a year ! Adding all this up, you could be sick for 30 weeks a year.

we use the recommended oil for the vaporiser, which is naturally their own brand.
    Its not straight eucalyptus oil, I think there are 3 or 4 different ones.
    Its called eu-clear inhalent. It hasn't given any of us headaches so far, and the correct does is not very overpowering at all

Our baby is now eating!
    So not as fussy as he once was.
    He prefers fruity bix for brekky, sandwich for lunch, pasta for dinner
    He likes watching his older bro and sis.
    He tries to balance - standing by himself and cruising the big toys! and furniture.
    He is sleeping much better at night.

Milo is wagging creche today, and I am wagging work.
    Well, not really, we're both sick - him more than me

wow at your bub eating all that real food GG (can I call you that??)
    Milo is having things mashed with soft lumps still.
    He had yoghurt last week and really loved it.

Call me gg if you like!

My baby now crawls from the lounge room to the kitchen which can be exhausting after he does it evey five minutes!
    He just can't seem to get enough food.
    He is alittle lazy and isn't keen on holding foods - he rathers to try and scoff it in, so i have to be watchful.

Hi - Alex has big people food too - the peas and corn come out the same shape they go in ! I don;t know how much sandwich/toast they actually eat, I think I pick most of it up off the floor

Good on you for having a day off !
    And I hope you're both feeling better.

Milo crawled across the lounge room today! Neil just rang me at work to brag!

He is feeling better, cold wise. His temperature is back to normal, but he's munching his hands an awful lot, and waking at night etc. I don't know if its more teeth, or if maybe he might have an earache? He hasn't been tugging on his ears at all, just the hand munching, but he gets really upset when it happens.

I'm thinking of taking him to the g p to be sure, but I'm just sure that my GP thinks I'm mega paranoid as this will be the 5th time in as many weeks that I've taken him to the doctors

Hi all -
    Sorry I haevn't been around. I've been away of couple of times and pretty busy!!
    We've just all gone through gastro in this house...erh.

Kyla's birthday is coming up soon and we're having a joint B'day and baptism - so lot's of organising to do for the party on Aug 20th!! (to those who don't know...Kyla was actually due on 7th Nov)

Congratulations on Milo crawling!!! And to your Bub too GG!!
    Kyla's not yet crawling but is now eating and enjoying it....finally - only pureed food though. If she has any lumps she gaggs and chucks up. The other day she had a chew on cucumber (which she loved) until a bit came off and then she threw up.

Anyway - hope you are all well.

I hate when we go off the main screen!

Milo decided he wasn't going to have his mid-day sleep today, and stayed awake until his next feed, he was soooo tired, I thought he was going to fall asleep on the loungroom floor.

So after his next feed he had a sleep, but he has very talkative for about 5-10 minutes before he finally nodded off.

No big news. DH has had gastro or something similar, Milo and I are OK so far.

Go Kyla! One week to go, you must be so excited Carrie.

Milo is much better now, he started have infrequent poos though - is once every couple of days OK on formula? I didn't think so, but mum thought it was OK, and my brother and I were both formula bubs.

Hi - Alex poos every couple of days - but then, on Monday, he did three ... big ones.

Good on Milo crawling ... Alex is still wiggling backwards or inching sideways, did Milo do the rocking thing on his hands and knees before crawling ?

And Alex just wont sit up on his own, if he's not holding onto his feet, he goes over. I had him in a shopping trolley today in the seat one instead of the lie down one and he slumped over the side. I put a 2litre juice carton on one side to hold him up :-/ I don't prop him up with pillows, so the times he is sitting would be in the car, the high chair, pram and on my knee - how do they get balance or whatever they need to sit up ?

He 'mumumumum's and 'dadadadadad's a bit and is pretty verbal, just doesn't move much. No teeth either. And he has blonde hair ! It's funny being dark haired parents with a blonde baby ! Nick had fair straight hair until primary school when it became dark and curly.

Yes, he did and still does the rocking backwards and forwards thing.

Milo had a bit of a temperature yesterday, 38.5. I don't know what I can put it down to other than he did have a runny nose? He's teething but I didn't think that teething on its own would cause a temp?

He also has been getting a bit blocked up lately and will get really upset and then once he has a dirty nappy, he's fine again.

Last night he slept from 7ish til 1am, and then was up and down (hysterical, shreiking pain at one point) for the rest of the night. I think he got a couple of 1hour+ sleeps in there. So I am a bit tired this morning.

The same thing happened one night last week, and then 4-5 hinghts back to normal til last night.I hope its just teeth and he goes back to normal soon.

Oh Av wont say mama. Just Dad, daddeee and dada! He also says Lala for his sis.
    He is quite on the go with his crawling. He wont stop eating either. It is a bit of hit and miss with sleeping thru. Last night was a lucky one. Unfortunately my 3 year old has asthma and I was up with him.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast