Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2005 #2

Milo babbles all of the time.
    he says mum mum mum, dad dad dad, baba, nana, grah grah and ther stuff I can't make out.
    its really cool when he combine baba and nana and gets banana!

Any of the bubs had a taste of banana?
    Av only has banana flavours. And once we shared one (5 of us)

no banana for milo yet. well, no real banana, he has had the fruit in the jars that supposedly have banana in.

But he has so much trouble with no. 2s as it is, I don't want him to get even more blocked up.

Alex has had it - it was funny - the local green grocers had pre packed bananas for $2 a kilo, but they looked a bit brown and the grocer cracked one open and they were fine on the inside, so I bought some. Put them at the top of the fruit bowl and Nicks parents came over and both commented on the fact we had bananas !!

Are bananas supposed to block you up or something ? Alex eats just about everything. They say to cut the crust off bread, but it doesn't bother him, down the hatch.

bananas can block you up, yes. On some people they have the opposite effect.
    where did you get bananas for $2 a kilo? They're $16 here!!

Milohasn't even had finger food yet, we're starting that this week. I tried giving him rusks, but becuase he has 8 teeth alread, he was biting off chunks and choking on them.

He has also started crawling around in his sleep, and I think this is why he is waking at night so much, in addtion to the poor digestion.

Av has a bad cold. i feel for him, poor dude. He has a runny nose, red eyes and sore throat. His cry is so quiet and its sad...

Milo has gastro You can skip the next 4-5 paragraphs if you don't want the details!

There were a couple of cases at creche on 17/8, so whe he was still OK on Friday (25th) I thought he would be OK.

I went out last night (first time going out and leaving DH alone with Milo sine having him), and Neil gave him Tuna & pasta for dinner, which he'd not had before. So this morning when his nappy was a bit bit looser than normal I thought it was the food.

3 dirty nappies and 4 hours later I decide I think its gastro, but Neil says no, Milo seems happy enough and douesn't look sick etc. So I give him a bottle, and he sleeps for 2 hours. Up, vomits everyehere..this goes on and 5 changes of clothes later he'd settled down a bit, and was taking 20mls of pediolyte at 10-15 minute intervals. So by dinner time it was 3 and a bit hours since the last vomit, and I'd given him 30ml formula too, which hadn't come up.

So I decided I'd try giving him a bottle before bed.....you can guess what happened next.....change of jarmies, and (very surprisingly) he went down to sleep with minimal fuss. I just hope he gets some sleep tonight and will feel better in the morning.

So, other than that, we all fine

Last night I went to a hens night with my brothers girlfriend. Its her sister who's getting married. We went pole dancing at this studio in prahram, It was hilarious. I reckon I'd have like it more pre-baby (and with pre-baby body!) but it was still fun.

Not liking the hungover feeling this morning though - and I only had a g&t and half a vodka drink!

Anyway better go get some sleep, not sure what sort of a night I am in for, sleep wise.

Update:
    Milo had about 8 hours sleep last night, no waking vomiting etc, so I gave him a feed, all was OK for about 30 minutes but then he threw the lot back up all over me. :eek:
    Back to bed and had a nap, but when he woke up DH couldn't get him to drink anyting at all, water, pedialyte etc..he won't take anything..so he's taken himn to the doctors, sould be there now..he might need to go to hospital if he won't start drinking soon as he's had no food, and been vomiting for about 19 hours now, and diahorrea for about 24.

hi girls, sorry i haven't been around.. don't know where all my times goes!

ray, sorry to hear about milo! did you or neil take him to the hospital today? gosh i remember when ethan had gastro.. it was the worst! just when you feel like they're getting better, they throw up again! ethan had it for over a week but he eventually got over it. does milo drink the pedialyte liquid? i remember someone told me as long as they're getting some form of liquid, it's good enough to get them through it. good luck with that!

an update on ethan... he still has no teeth! hehe.. he had his early childhood check-up on friday afternoon and everything seems perfect except for his lack of teeth. i'm not overly concerned as i know some babies can take up to 18 months to sprout. but on the other hand... ethan can walk now!! he's taken about 7 or 8 steps now and he loves it! always up on his feet when he gets the chance and is more willing to let go of the furniture and go for a wander. so i've packed the walker away and i'm going to get one of those things that he can hold onto and roll across the floor. it's all going so quickly.. mum is starting to pester me about ttc number 2!

as for talking and eating... a lot of loud da da daaa's and ba ba baaa's but no ma's no problems with his eating too. he has 3 solids and 4 bottles a day now and he's a teeny bit under weight for his height. upping him up to 4 solids seems like so much! do you think i should? he has such a fat round tummy after each meal..

better stop here.. i've written an essay!

He seems a lot better, no vomiting so far today, and he has been tolerating the pedialyte and some formula (Neil gave him 40mls a couple of times)

I am going to try him with 60ml when he wakes up, and see how we go.

The doctor Neil took him to today said if he goes 5 hours an no vomiting, to feed him as normal and see if he takes it, and that if he vomits it all back up, even if it stays down for 5 minutes its good?! I'd have thought a little bit thats stays down is better then a lot thats brought up??

i'd have to agree with you on that one. one thing my doc suggested after ethan seemed to be on the mend.. was half strength formula. something about full strength formula being too thick and harder to take? but i guess doctors know what they're talking about though.. hope milo feels better tomorrow!

Hey - we're off the front page again ... is anyone out there thinking about their babies first birthday ?

For Cait's first birthday we had about 50 family and friends for a BBQ lunch and some family stayed and stayed for dinner too. I said I'd never have another party that size again. I hardly saw Cait all day ... I'm aiming for something more manageable this time.

Alex's birthday falls on a Wednesday this year - the weekend before this there is a kinda
    trivia night on the saturday and full dress rehersals for Caits dancing on the saturday and sunday mornings. The weekend after, dancing rehersal all Saturday morning and concert on Sunday afternoon. I freak out a bit when I have too many things on, but I'm thinking either the Sunday before or the Saturday after, a late afternoon start for a BBQ dinner. Nick is not fussed what we do !

Then two weeks after that is Caits 5th birthday and then three weeks more and its Christmas - and it's our turn to host - 10 adults and 7 kids.

I've had a bit of the flu this week, bed ridden for two days. Alex is a bit grumpy at the moment, he still has no teeth but his gums are really bumpy, it's like all 20 are going to pop thru at once. He just wants loves which would be fine if I was not full of snot and germs :-(

My baby's 1st birthday is 1 few days b4 my mum's 50th so we are wanting to have a big party. Not very good at these thing though.
    Our baby is now standing for a while - and loves getting around. He loves to eat too. I am sure he is going through a growth spurt.

heya girls.. barb, i am definitely starting to think of birthday options! ethan's birthday is on the 2nd so i better get a move on or else it'll just be a family gathering at home. our family has already had 2 costume parties this year so i don't want to do that again... my SIL has suggested a pool party.. what do you guys think of that? problem is no one has a pool and it looks like we're gonna have to get inflatables or hold the whole thing at the local swimming pool. have any of you taken your babies swimming since they were born?

any other birthday ideas? i found 2 threads on it here and here.

ethan is full on walking now and LOVES it. he's some how learnt to pry open doors and scramble out before we get the chance to yell "ethannn!" i'm really happy that he can walk so early but it sure it a challenge keeping up with him all the time.. hehe..

Milos not walking, but crawling like mad. he thinks its a race, and a big game to see if he can beat mummy and daddy to whatever it is he knows he can't play with!

You should see the cheeky looks we get when he turns around to make sure he's being watched!

First birthday party.. will be the weekend following Milo's birthday which I think is November 25th/26th.

I have a huge family, and will have to invite all of them or risk people getting offended.
    So thats about 70 people just with my family.
    Neil has about 15 family, so thats 85 -- an without any of our friends!

So whaever we end up having it will be huge. I am so not a party person,
    but its Milo's first birthday so we'll be doing something.

I might keep myself busy making the cake, and hope the party organises itself, In our family, it usually does.

Oh my walking !!! I hope my baby doesn't walk for a month or two at least. He crawls so fast I am often yelling out for him!

bumping us up again

Milo has gone to the royal melbourne show with Neil today, and mum and MIL.

I didn't really think he should go, as he's too young to really get anything out of it, but Neil reckons he loved it and was waving at the cows!

Oh yeah, he started waving last week. Its really cute

Was it busy at the Show? I heard it was so packed you can't get through. My mum went...by herself!...on Staurday it was hard to move. My mil was going to go with the big kids but instead went to a kids rock concert.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast