Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2005 #2

I didn't go, but Neil said they sat in traffic for an hour when they got to flemington, and once they got there it was a nightmare trying to get around with a pram.

Actually he was really disappointed overall. Milo was exhausted when they finally got home, but at least he like the animals.

They must've been carrying him around at somet point, because mum said he kept reaching out and touching people as they walked past -- making friends? A very social baby - he must take after Neil!

They had lunch at the CWA, milo had the vegies, and the women kept commenting on how lovely it was to see young parents feeding their kids vegetables and not chips and coke....would anyone seriously give a 10 month old coke?

It is a worry seeing what ppl give their babies. We don't buy fizzy for our kids at all but I have seen babies with coke in their bottles. Can't be good./

My Nan wanted to take the kids to the Show but too expensive so she took them to see a rock show for kids! The Boogie Woogies in Barkly Square. My girl loved it and she got autographs. She wont stop talking about it!

Meanwhile my baby has something strange going on on his tongue and near his mouth. The look like pimples. Not sure what it is. Hoping it clears up.

I haven't been to the royal show for years and neither Nick nor I are interested in going. Until Cait starts asking to go, I'm going to avoid it ! We might try something smaller and local, maybe the Lilydale or Dandenong ones. My MIL and SIL and her four kids went on Monday ... I can't imagine what they spent.

MIL bought Cait a my little pony showbag and said that rides were from $5-$15 !

Alex is 10.5 months and finally got his first tooth ! A tiny solitary little bud. He was cranky for a day or so, but he's happy now. He doesn't crawl properly yet - he rolls and mooches along and goes backwards in a caterpillar style. He loves to stand up but I can't imagine him walking on his chubby jelly legs.

*bump* us up again ... I've got half the invites out for Alex's birthday next month. He crawls a lot better now, slowly, but he's on his knees at least. It's hard work on them, if he's in shorts he gets red knees and if he's in pants he usually drags himself out of them. And his second tooth appeared today ! Two wittle buds on the bottom row at the front. Preceeded by three days of *shocking* poos and grumpyness.

Hope everyone is good,

Oh no!
    My baby has jst got over much crankiness. He has 6 teeth.
    He is standing a lot now and he sort of wants to walk but is a lil weary.
    I am in no hurry.

Milo gets up on his knees and bounces up and down with his arms oustretched!

And now he has started to crawl/"elephant walk" on hishands and feet(rather than knees)

Not much other news over here. Still woring on birthday invitations. Every time I design one DH edits it into something I don't like. oh well.

Only 3 weeks til my vbub turns one.
    We had first birthday for our older 2 but this year we are just going to have him named then just a family get together. Don't need the stress atm!

Hi Ladies

I just wanted to pop in and see what your bubs were up to. I have an Oct baby (only just 31st Oct) and Jordan is a little behind all the other Oct bubs in the movement area. He still isnt crawling properly.

Seeing as most of them are born early Oct I thought he might be closer in age to your bubs, if born early Nov.

Seems as though lots of bubs in here are moving about. I guess Jordan is a little lazy (gets that off mum and dad hehehe)

Good to see you are all well, hope the bday plans are going well, not to long now!

Hi Tracey!

Milo was a bit slower than most of the bubs his age too, with the sitting/crawling/standing stuff. I think its cos he is so much bigger than a lot of the other kids his age, cos the other developmental stuff is on track/ahead.

October 31st is a great day to be born. I was secretly hoping Milo would be early and come then, but he was 10 days overdue instead

Hello Tracey!

Hi Everyone,

I would love to join this group. My DD Sara was born Nov 2005. Have read a bit of the above conversations and think it would be great to have a group to exchange notes etc.

Hello BezK! :wave:
    What is your bub up to now?
    It is alil quiet in this thread but i usually pop by to talk about my bub!
    He is standing more now. He is turning one in a lil over a w.

Hi Bek and welcome!

Milo has discovered that if he pulls up to stand, he can sit down, and he thinks he's so fantastic when he does it.

So now I hold his hands and we play stand-up, sit down! He giggles so much its really funny

Had a message from DH when I got to work this morning, it was photo day at creche and we forgot, apparently he thinks Milo is dressed like a dero *LOL* He rang the creche to tell them to change him to his spare clothes, but they said its mainly head shots so he will be fine..

Hi thanks for the welcome,

Gobblygook, my DD Sara starting walking 3 weeks ago and with the walking came an attitude change!!!!! She is very determinded to what she wants to do. Before walking she was a very easy bub, easy to put to bed and easy to feed. But I think she is getting a mind of her own she is into every thing.

I am starting to take her off formula and introduce milk for day time feeds. I am giving her 1/2 and 1/2 formula milk (Lactose Free). We are also using sippy cups now for these feeds. She seems to be ok except her poos are horrible!! Another lady at BB said that this is normal.

I am finding that Sara is changin so much very quickly and it will be great to have some points of reference from all you lovely mummies.

My bub seems to be losing his baby - ness!
    He is so cheeky!

I know what you mean about losing the baby-ness. I can barely remember Sara as nb tiny and helpless.

My bub still cries like he is a newb tho! He is my cranky boy.

omg girls i feel like i've missed out on so much with your bubs.. and welcome to the thread tracey and bekz! at the same time.. a lot has been happening with ethan as well. he turns 1 next week and his birthday party plans have come to a halt as my FIL went into hospital yesterday. we might have to cancel the whole thing as it doesn't feel right to be celebrating when he's not able to attend.

anyway on a different topic, after heaps of worrying (caused by MIL), ethan's teeth finally came through at 10.5 months (like alex, barb!) i was so excited and he seemed to have coped really well cause i didn't notice he was teething til they actually poked through his gums. he's now got the bottom 2 and the top 2.. and there's a huge gap between the top ones!

ethan's also running now! so bekz and gg, i know exactly what you mean when you say they're not a babies anymore. he's becoming such a defined little person now with his personality really shining through. he's discovered that when he cries really, really loud, that usually gets everyone attention so each one of his little tantrums cause a big cry.

things are really good now except the constant running after him as he's into cupboards and drawers now.. and the feeding! he's so used to pureed and mushed foods that when i try to go a little lumpier, he chokes and spits it all back out. i know it has to be a gradual thing but he's really stubborn about it. the only time he'll eat normal foods is when he wants the food we eat at meal times. but when it comes to his own meal time, only mush will do!

a couple questions before i go... have any of you girls thought about changing bub over to cows milk yet? they say 12 months is the point of change but is it really necessary? also has anyone thought about toilet training? ethan's poos are quite regular so i'd be crazy not to start now... but where do i begin?

i can't believe they're almost 1 already... didn't this year just go by in such a crazy, mad, hectic miraculous blur?? hehe..

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast