Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born November 2005 #2

ethan is 1 on thursday as well

ooh bekz, i've been thinking about ttc number 2 for a few months now. though johnny and i did decide (before ethan was born) that we'd like our bubs 2 years apart, i think he's leaning more towards 3 years apart now. johnny did most of the hard work (night time feeds) when ethan was born because i had an emergency c-section and couldn't get up quick enough during the night. i think that's what he is scared of...

i had such an awesome pregnancy, i can't wait to do it over again. not to mention this first year as well... 2 days to go!!! it's a strange feeling to be feeling so excited but also sad at the same time cause ethan is growing so quickly!

Bek, I am still trying to get back to feeling normal

We sort of decided we wanted a 2-3 year gap between kids, as we'll probably only have 2, so no thoughts of TTC as yet for me.

In an ideal world, my maternity leave for our next bub will co-incide with Milo going to Kindergarten, so that I can be at home for that too.

But now I also have to consider that I will be 32/33 by then as well.

I will be 32 next year and because DD is so independant I think I need to get her a little playmate. I am concerned about going through another pregnancy, although Sara's was really good but I know the older you get the harder it is.

I have also decided to help hubby with his work (2 days per week) and not seek any employment until I have the baby making part of my life over. That way I dont have to worry if I am preggers and I need a day off or something or worry about getting maternity leave.

Sorry guys I am thinking out loud at bit and trying to justify my cluckyness!!!!

Sounds like this Thursday will be a great day for celebrations)))

One week from Thusrday till Sara is one.

I am clucky! But I do like a gap. There is 3 years between my oldest 2 and 2 1/2 between my boys and I prefer the 3 years. I would like 5 years. I am not back to normal at all. I have lost the wight but I am very tired and somewhat depressed so I am wanting to take my time. I think it takes me a while to overcome pregnancyand childbirth topped ith caring for a newborn, etc...!!!

I wanted three years in between children - to be sure the first was out of the cot and nappies. Things didn't go as planned and we have four years between Cait and Alex which is great for us. She is that bit older and can understand more and can be helpful when she wants to be.

One of the best things has been how much Alex loves Cait - he follows her around and always lights up when he hears or sees her. And he is shy around strangers, Cait never was, but he cuddles in or looks to me for reassurance which makes you feel special.

My first pregnancy was great, I was 30/31 - no aches, heartburn, morning sickness .. anything. The second one 34/35 was awful - sick for 30 weeks, ached all over for almost all it, migraines. If I was ten years younger, I'd definitely go again ! But I'm 36 now and quarter way through a degree and have two happy and healthy kids, I think I should quit now. I know women have them much older, but I worried constantly with both of them. There is a mum at the playgroup we go to, her third baby is one in december and she's expecting her fourth any day now !

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY
    To Ethan and Gobblygook's bub (so sorry I dont know his name).
    from Bek and Sara

thanks bekz

i was going to post yesterday but i gave all my undivided attention to ethan cause silly me felt like it was the last day with "my baby". you wouldn't believe how mushie i was yesterday! hehe.. i made this thing for him while he was having a nap.. check it out here

ethan was born when i was 28 and i was hoping to have my 2nd bub before i hit 30. i'd always dreamt of having 3 kids, all 2 years apart but johnny's set on 2.. and maybe 1 more if our finances change. barb, a 3 to 4 year is a god-send to my SIL cause her daughter loves her younger brother so much. it's fantastic the way they interact with each other and it sounds like cait and alex are like that too. congratulations. i hope ethan loves his little brother or sister just as much. i hear so many horror stories about how children that are close in age bash each other up.. it's scary to think about. johnny has cousins that are 4 and 5 and everytime we see them, there's a scratched face or bruised arm somewhere on them. yikes!

oh, i need to change ethan's ticker...

Gorgeous! My bub is here and he loves it too. I should do a similar collage. Its amazing how much they grow in one year.

Dana, the collage is wonderful. It is amazing how only 12 short months ago they were so tiny and dependant and now they are much bigger and wanting to take on the world.

I understand how you feel about the "last day" of having your baby and it is emotional. Go with your feelings and you are not silly

thanks bekz and gg. if you'd like to send me monthly pics of sara and av, i'd be more than happy to make one for you too. i just love doing that kinda thing when i'm supposed to be working

Thanks Dana I would love that. how do I send you the pics? Only if you have time to!!!

How do you do it?
    I have tried Tallon I think its called -online. And picassa offline.

i used adobe photoshop. i think corel draw is another good program but i only know how to use adobe. send your pics to me at [email protected]

i need your help girls. i feel too silly to be posting this anywhere else but it's okay here cause i 'know' you all. anyway, i feel like a failure and even worse, i feel like i've let ethan down. let me explain...

ethan had his 12 month check up last week and after all the usual checks, we started talking about feeding and she was surprised to hear that ethan is still eating mush! he's still eating stuff that he gulps down in one go instead of trying to chew.. cause i don't give him anything he can chew! at 12 months, a bub is supposed to be able to eat whatever we eat... but i never really stepped ethan up to the stage 2 foods. then she started on about how it could affect his speech etc etc.. gosh i wanted to cry!

so now i want to start upping his variety of foods... but i don't know how. can you tell me what you make for your bubs (and i need details) and how they're doing with their eating? any help would be fantastic! ethan is currently eating stuff like mushed pumpkin and carrot (i know i know....)

Just locking this thread now girls. Dana, why don't you put your post into the Solids theads - you will get a wider response there.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678