Thread: Babies Born November 2005 #3

Default Babies Born November 2005 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in November 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Christy [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

November '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: dana_s
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 02/11/2005
    Baby's Stats: 3.27kgs, 54cms tall and head circ is 34cms
    Name: Ethan Andy
    Baby's website: none
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: right on due date! emergency c/s

Forum Name: BekZ
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 9/11/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.580 kg - Length 51- Head Circ -34.5
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Sara Ellyse
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Generally a really happy little bub. Started walking on 5 October 2006 and is getting into every thing.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________

Forum Name: Barbie-up
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 15.11.05
    Baby's Stats: 3595g (7lb 15oz) - 51cm long - 36cm head
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Alexander
    Baby's Website: none
    Health Concerns: a little jaundice at the start
    Notes:

Forum Name: rayray
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 21/11/2005
    Baby's Stats: 4640grams, 59cms tall and head circ 38cms
    Name: Milo Jay
    Baby's website:
    Health Concerns: slight jaundice at birth & first few days
    Notes: 1 week 3 days over, induced & birthed naturally - used gas.

Forum Name: Bumblebea
    Baby's DOB: 28/11/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 4.125kg, 58cm, 37cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Tomas
    Baby's Website: see link in signature
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:

Forum Name: Tiggy
    Baby's DOB: 30/11/05
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl 1 boy and 1 girl
    Baby Name(s): Noah William & Ivy Hazel
    Baby's Website: see below but not updated yet
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 10 weeks early, currently in the NICU, emergency LSCS

Forum Name: Carrie
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 21.8.05 (but was due 7.11.05)
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 1445 gm (Length - Head Circ - not done due to prematurity)
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Kyla
    Baby's Website: See signature
    Health Concerns: 11 weeks prem
    Notes: IVF baby born by emerg c-section at 28.6weeks. In hospital for 2 months
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: Eddiesmom
    State: Ohio USA
    Baby's DOB: 11-9-05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -7lb11oz, 21inches at birth
    Gender of Baby: male
    Baby's Name: Eddie
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/e/eddieboy/
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: boredtassiemum
    State: Tas
    Baby's DOB: 9th Nov 05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 4lb 13oz - 46cm - 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Kiralee
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: was born 4 1/2 weeks early emergency c-section
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Last edited by Trillian; November 6th, 2006 at 05:10 PM.

Your old thread can be found HERE

Hi Dana - Alex eats what we eat - just chopped really small, not mashed. At the start, I used the stick mixer and then a fork and now just chopped. He also has cruskits and sometimes milk arrowroot bikkies - he bites bits off them and chews or just mulches them in and around his mouth. I sometimes mix some tomato sauce or some canned food into his chopped up stuff to make it a bit mushy, not so dry - which my cooking tends to be :-/

Try not to freak out too much about the health nurse. You know your baby better than they do. They don't all do the same thing at the same time.

Love the photos - look at him walking - he looks at least 14 months old !

I am sure I replied to this!

Dana, don't worry about your health nurse too much, 100 years ago it was the norm to exclusively b/f up til 12 months!

Just start by mashing less, and make the food a bit lumpier, or maybe mix in some rice/couscous/pasta with the vegies.

There are some good baby/toddler recipies too either in the solids forum or the recipe forum, I can't remember which!

Hi Dana,

I will get some pics to you as soon as I can, thanks very much!!

Here is a bit of my experience with solids for Sara. Sara is very funny with textures and it takes up to 5 attemps to introduce something that is different. For example she would not eat a sandwhich (tiny one of course) at 11 months and 2 weeks later she loves them!!!

ok: when I wanted to make Sara's food chunckier (but not too chuncky) I started with small star pasta (from Aldi), rice, or cous cous in mashed veg/meat. I then started doing stews with mince and veg (chop veg up into tiny cubes) and if it was too chunky I stick blended it a bit. Recipe: Fine mince (beef or pork), mushrooms, carrot, zuchinni, squash, pumpkin, potato or sweet potato, water and bit of stock boil and maybe thicken with flour to make gravey. later you can add peas and corn.

Try a piece of cheese for him to play with at lunch. The first day he may only mash it in his hands, but if you put a tiny piece in his mouth he'll get it soon. Cruskits are good too (Sara took 5 attempts to accept these). Baby fruit bars encourage chewing too.

Hope this helps.

sara! eddie! kiralee!

hope you've all had a great day!

ethan loves that bouncing smilie.. hehe..
    Last edited by jmxox; November 9th, 2006 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks Dana - Hope you and Ethan are well

ethan and i are great thanks bekz. trodding along slowly with the food thing.. i find that he tends to get lazy with the chewing after a while and just stops trying... then if i go back to the mush, he'll always open up for more. so in the meantime, i'll give him textures and lumps til he gets bored then i'll switch to something mushier so he's full. thanks for your ideas everyone.

anyway, hope all the little first birthday parties are roaring away.. and hope you're all having a great weekend!

Hi - we had a family BBQ birthday for Alex on Saturday and he freaked out a bit at all the people. It was good because he aksherly slept while we cooked and ate and got up after dinner !

His actual birthday is today and we had a quiet day. More presents and singing, but an indoor day, it rained cats and dogs in Melb today. And he's got his fifth tooth, I noticed it tonight.

Who's baby is next? Rachael ?

Happy Birthday Alex

a belated to alex!

glad to hear you had a fun birthday party that wasn't too stressful barb, how was caitlyn during it all? did she have fun too? sorry i didn't get to post on his actual birthday.. we're having another concern with ethan (there always seems to be one huh?) since he started walking about 3 months ago, people have often asked if his legs are straight be cause he seems to.. waddle? so the more people that have asked, the more concerned i got so i did some reading. it seems that ethan is bowlegged. it's when he stands with his feet and ankles together but his knees don't touch. of everything that i've read, the majority seem to say that it'll correct itself as he grows and by his 2nd birthday, it should barely be noticable. i hope so!

i took him to see my family doc (who says the same things i've read) but my in-law's want me to take him to a paed anyway to get a more experienced opinion. his appointment is on the 4th of december.. but other than that, things are good.

yup, rachael's bub, milo turns one next. i remember he was born a really big boy!

still waiting if you girls want to send me monthly pics of yours bubs.. be more than happy to make that collage for you

to milo! (for yesterday)

i bet you're all out enjoying the great beach weather we've been having *envy* can't wait to start ethan in swimming lessons this summer, i'm sure he's going to love it! although he's still scared of the big bath.. hehe..

Hi there,
    I'm so sorry I have titally neglected this thread!
    Happy birthday to all of the bubs!!! I've looked in at a couple of web sites. Dana, Ethan looks like he's doing fantastically!! And Ray, Milo is getting soooooo big!
    Kyla's doing good. Not walking yet, we have a physio working with her as she has had some issues with a lack of muscle tone in her pelvis (prem thing). She is now taking weight on her legs and standing with support and kneeling which is a big step for her!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone, Milo had a great time!

I hope all your bub's birthdays' went well too!

Milo is cutting, or about to cut 4 bottom teeth - eye teeth and the ones behind. His little gums are so swollen! I wasn't sure that it was the eye teeth as well, but we were visiting a friends new baby in hostpial yesterday, and the midwife decide to check (?) so she put her fingers in his mouth and said "oh four teeth - that will be fun for mummy!

I will see if I can get DH to put up the photos from Milos birthday on his website!

Page 3!!! OMG.

Is anyone else still around, or is it only me?

Well, Milo is doing well.

Bedtime is gradually becoming a bit of an issue, I think its a combination of daylight savings and just age/development. Other people are up so why do I have to go to bed sort of thing.

Do you think he is too old for that?

Hi - we're still going over here !

What time do you try to put Milo down at night ? How long does he nap during the day ?

I think my Alex sleeps too much ! He does 12 hours over night and then 1-3 hours during the day. Most nights he does down happily - I still semi wrap a cot sheet around him and he hugs onto it and sticks his thumb in his mouth and that means he's ready.

He still only has five teeth, big cheesy teeth and he's still crawling. Pulls himself up all the time on things and cruises around tables a bit, but would prefer to drop to the ground and crawl around. Cait walked at 15.5 months so I keep telling him, he's got six weeks to go. He gets *filthy* anywhere outside crawling around.

How did you go with the milk/formula changeover ? Alex is fully on the cup now, I packed the last of his bottles away. Sometimes I'll give him a half toddler formula and half milk, but most times it's all milk.

What else ... he's a noisy boy, but apart from mum and dad, I can't make anything else out. There might be something that sounds like a dog 'wo wo wo wo' for a bark, he loves dogs.

How is work and childcare going?

OK, everyone, I have an announcement.

The Moderating team have decided to merge the July, August, September, October, November and December baby buddies groups into the one six month thread Babies Born July - December 2005. This is something we usually do once threads start to slow right down and some of the threads have practically no one posting in them at all.

You have been a wonderful group of girls and we hope that you will continue to post in the new thread.

Thanks