Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #2

Hello there!

Oh the wrapping with the arm up! I forgot about that one, I used that with Matilda a few times & with Jovie I hadn't even thought of it!! Thanks for the reminder.

Its hard with this silly season to get this little ones good sleep, I had to wake Jovie up from every nap today to get moving... after spending an hour getting her to sleep. She's still straining away. Her little face goes purple & she groans and I swear makes the same noise I did when pushing her out :O. But no poo a few farts. She's not done a poo since Thursday but apparently thats normal for breastfed bubs... I still think she's uncomfortable though.

I'm okay... I went to the GP Thursday for my 6 week check a week early because Jovie has oral thrush which has spread to my nipples & remember the stitch question? Well I didn't loose one, but they first thought I had retained some placenta so had to be on antibiotics in megadoses and today had my scan which showed that there are no bits left in my uterus which is great, but I have a 4.5cm cyst attached to my left ovary so now I have to go back to the gynocologist and have a repeat scan in 2 weeks to make sure it has gone down. At least I can stop the antibiotics and hopefully that will help Jovie's bowels.

Christy: i didnt realise you had posted about wrapping earlier as a suggestion to Kim i was just responding to what she had said about the arms being wrapped, reminded me of Luke

curlylocks11 Guest

christy - glad there are no retained parts ofplacenta... I went for my 6 week check up with my ob last week and he thought i might have a stitch in my c-sec scar still as it has still been bleedingin one part. So, he then got out a razor blade and cut it open to have a look, that hurt. After all that, there was nothing there!

YAY we have poo!!! LOL. Finally and now she's sleeping really well...

Owie Alison at cutting open the scar to have a look:eek:

I'm so tired all the time right now, its awful.... between my appts & Jovie's I forgot all about friends Christmas shopping... I just don't think its going to happen now. Maybe I can arrange to see them after Christmas LOL... to figure out what I'm going to do.

How is everyone's bubs? Jovie is smiling after feeds, its so cute she looks around & sees you & does a huge smile. Then the wind takes over after a few minutes of cute noises & smiles... and she cries for an hour before falling asleep. She's just so uncomfortable. I can't wait until 12 weeks just to give her some reprieve from all of it (hopefully... I could be living in a dream world...). But I also know once one thing settles, something else happens to stir the pot.

Well hopefully not Christy

Alison: Ouch to the scar cutting

I think Cooper is getting sick, so annoyed if he is, not at him just in general lol

I had a couple of bourbons earlier and they went straight to my head, well they did when i got to woolies lol, so was wandering merrily around the aisles for awhile

Chelsea is doing much better. She slept like and angel last night, and today still an angel, think cos daddy is home :P

Has her 2 week check up today..even though its more like 3 weeks...lol.
    Will be interesting to see how much she has grown since birth, and how much weight she has put on in a week.

OUCH on the cutting of your scar Alison!!!!!

Im bit worried bout my stitches actually...they seem to have gone, but not to sure...i keep saying to DH i feel like i have a 3rd hole now or my insides are falling out....
    Feels not quite right to me, so it will be the first thing i want checked out at 6 week check up.

Glad all my xmaz shopping is done. Am now packing ready for our 'road trip'. We are off to NSW to do the relo rounds on Saturday. Kicking off the leg at my parents for a few days, then DH's family, then my sisters, and back to my parents. We will be gone from 23rd Dec-1st Jan.

Hope everyone is getting into the festive spirit

:P YAY only 6 sleeps til Ho Ho comes:P I love Christmas.

Got a really big 2 weeks, I think after the New Year Im gonna fall in a heap though, at least DH will be on holidays.
    21st Work Xmas party for the kids
    23rd Dinner with MIL and DH family, DstepD (19) comes home for Xmas (she lives in SA)
    24th Lunch (which becomes dinner also) with my family
    25th Xmas lunch with my family, Dinner with FIL and DH family
    26th BIL bday
    27th Nephews bday
    30th Nephews and my 30th bday
    31st My bday party and New Years
    1st Nephews bday
    2nd Fall in a heap and sleep all day.
    The worst thing is dragging the boys here,there and everywhere. And having to pack and then repack the boys bags. Its not so bad for Baylee as he will sleep anywhere, anytime, but Xanders routine will be all over the place.
    Hows everyone elses plans for xmas?

Baylee has been great, havent needed to use the gaviscon much lately, so hopefully he wont be as bad as Xander. And yes Christy it is beautiful when they look around, see your face and smile, it brings tears to my eyes. I cant believe 6 weeks ago he was 1hr old. OMG it goes so fast.

Alison- I cant believe he recut your scar OUCH. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Christy- Im glad Jovie is feeling better and that you dont have any leftover placenta. Hopefully the cyst will go down by your next appt.

Kimbaz- YAY Chelsea, why do they always behave when dads are home? I hope everything is alright with your stitches.

Well I better go now that I have written a novel. Bye.

Hello ladies,

Just wondering if I can join in here?
    I am first time mummy with a now 3 week old little boy Logan (born 28/11).
    Had a wonderful birth thanks to a change in OBs very late in pg. Logan was breech and I changed to allow a vaginal delivery - all other OBs wanted to deliver by C-section. Good old "vaginal" Lionel Steinberg gave me full confidence in our ability for natural birth and that's exactly what I got! No real issues with the breech aspect other than a bit more work for mummy but it was all worth it to be up and about within an hour and feeling great . No drugs and just a few stitches.
    Had been posting in the PAML forum throughout pregnancy as we have suffered 2 m/c's.
    Realising now I am no longer pg and must break into new support group.
    I see that many of you have 1 or 2 children already so hoping for a wealth of knowledge/experience
    Loving my little man but feeling quite lost at times. He seems to be suffering from colicky issues and often looks very uncomfortable respecially in the evenings.
    So far, the Hug-a- Bub sling has been the best remedy but there are times even that won't work
    Have to admit he sleeps in with us at night as just cannot settle him in the basinette. He sleeps very well in our bed and it means at least I am staying sane! I am ok with the arrangement for now but not quite sure how to graduate him into his own bed.
    Daytime sleeping is variable. Sometimes he will settle in the basinette but other days we are in the sling nearly all day.
    Breast feeding is at lest going very well - no problems at all in that department ( he IS a boy and does love his boobies!!!)
    Ahhhh - lots to learn eh?!
    Hope to get to know you all soon.

welcome meredith, of course you an join in here, the more the merrier!!!
    glad to hear all is going well, dont worry about the co sleeping you have to do what best for you and logan

ROBYN- boy you do have a busy week ahead!!! you;ll be glad when your birthday rolls around!!
    BELINDA - i did the same last week when i had 1/4 of a glass of wine, felt like a had drunk 1/4 of a bottle lol, hope cooper isn't getting sick, fingers crossed for you.
    CHRISTY- started to wrap sophie with her arms up during the day and she seems to sleep better, though at night using the old wrapping as she sleeps through, just a bad day sleeper...i hope her tummy pains get better.
    KIMBAZ did you ask about the wrapping????

well sophies all good, still sleeping through, went 10 hrs between feeds last night!!! WT!!! so it's been great. we are going away at new year so hope the routine stays.

Quote Originally Posted by AJP View Post
    well sophies all good, still sleeping through, went 10 hrs between feeds last night!!! WT!!! so it's been great. we are going away at new year so hope the routine stays.
    OMG!!! 10 hrs what a champ. Go Sophie.

Welcome Meredith. Congrats on the vaginal birth and becoming a mummy. Good on you for finding an OB who is happy to do what you want.

Glad you can join us Meridith. I'm also a first time mum and found hanging out with these other *experienced* mums a great help. Welcome the world Logan!

AJP - 10 Hours! Fantastic. You must have great boob milk.

Ella is sleeping well during the nights, waking only 2 times around 1am and 5am. She's so alert and attentive during the day. Usually i get a morning smile when i peer into her cot. (awwwwww). Time has flown for us - i cant believe she's already 6 weeks old. We're moving her onto the bigger nappies and she's now well into the 000 outfits. She's over 5Kg and about 60cm long.

Its bathtime now - gotta go!

Ann

Welcome Meredith!!

Chelsea had her check up yesterday:
    Weight: 3850gm (8lb 7oz) a gain of 190gm since last Monday and growth of 465 gm since birth
    Length: 50.8 cm growth of 2.8cm since birth
    Head circumference: 35.8 cm growth of 1.8cm since birth
    All hips, reflexes, grip, head lifting etc all great!!

SO she is growing very nicely and the nurse was extremely pleased with her, said im doing a great job, which is the boost i needed for sure

I totoally forgot to ask about the wrapping with xmaz on my mind i didnt even give it a thought..sily me!

Last night she had a bottle at 8pm, went to bed round 10pm. She never woke for her 12am feed. I woke up at 4.45am and she was still zonked out. I was worried she might not have been alive (scared me alot cos i couldnt hear her breathing like i normally can in the monitor) got up to check and she was sleeping peacefully. But woke up not long after id been in her room. If i hadnt checked she would have missed the 12 and 4am feed. And i had to wake her then for 9am! It seems if i take her shopping for the day it makes her sleep!!!!!

AJP: Thanks and seems Cooper isnt getting sick but in the mornings he is very snuffly, so might give him demazin if he seems the same tommorow. Glad Sophie is sleeping well

Welcome Merideth

Kim: Glad she had a good sleep for you, it is a worry when they sleep so long at first, i had a panick with Mason once as i woke up before him, but he was fine of course

Cooper didnt wake up till 10am this morning! He does get fed by DH before he goes to work but normally wakes up at 8am, must of needed the sleep i guess, he is always up till around midnight though, cant wait till he is going to bed around 8pm and staying there for the night

Thats a great sleep in Belinda! I'm having issues here because Jovie will usually wake up at around 4 for her morning feed & would go back to sleep if it weren't for her big sister waking up at 5am and carrying on until everyone is out of bed. This morning I had Jovie back to sleep & then Matilda kept running back into our room checking to see if "Jovie's asleep mummy!" Grrr.... and that was after Jovie woke up at 3.30am and took an hour to get back to sleep, so I've been awake since 3.30am. I would have at least had a few hours straight sleep if it weren't for Matilda waking up at 1am screaming.... I'm very tired & emotional today.

Geez Christy i can see why you are! Sorry it wasnt the best morning for you and hope that you get some sleep tonight at least

that tag team thing drives me mad, two asleep at the same time is just heaven to me, dont achieve it very often though!

Cooper is having a huge sleep today, so i am guessing he will be up with me till midnight again tonight, have heaps to do and could of done it all while he has been sleeping and mason is playing but what did i do? sat here catching up on threads and forums lol, oops

Isn't this time of year just manic! Today is the first day in a couple of weeks that I have had two mins to myself. I have had the house to myself today, and its been very lovely.

Aston is thriving, I swear everytime I pick him up after he has slept he has grown more chubby - working on the dimples in the knees and elbows, and those cheeks! I love it!

Hi Meredith, good to see you. Most babes are unsettled in the afternoon, evening. The witching hour!! For the life of me I don't know why. I'm sure there is some perfect explanation floating around for it. That is when I find Aston the most unsettled. Some people recommend a bath around that time, then a feed and bed, but do what works for you. Don't worry too much on the co-sleeping front. Logan is only very little still. Aston usually comes into bed with us after the early morning feed (4/5am) then sleeps til about 8. I like it, mummy, daddy and the little man. DH and I usually spend the first hour or so gazing at him in amazement...lol. then eventually fall back alseep. Glad that you having success with Breast feeding. Aston took to it like a duck to water, which I am really happy about. I love breast feeding. I don't do pregnancy very well, so its nice to be able to do that well.

Belinda - Aston has been snuffly too - he sounds like a little puffing billy sometimes. I'm not sure if its a cold, or just congestion... can babies get hayfever?? both my other kids have it...

Kim - glad things have settle a bit for you. Some days are good, some days are lousy eh. I had written a post in reply to your last post, but lost it, and was too tired and cranky so switched the computer off in frustration!

Wow Luua - your baby girl is thriving. good to see

AJP - 10 Hours!! oh what I would do for 10hours sleep....sleep - I'm a bit obsessed with it at the moment. maybe because of the lack of it!

Christy - good news about no retain placenta. How lovely that Jovie is smiling now. I can't wait for those first smiles - the ones that are real. they are the best. I hope she is feeling better soon, and that you find a solution.

Anyone else I've missed - sorry. Hope all of you and your bubs are doing well, and that sleep deprivation isn't driving any of us too insane.

I can't beleive it is Christmas next Monday. Where oh where has this year gone!!!
    Take care

Thanks for the welcome girls. Sorry if it takes me awhile to get to know you all. My brain isn't at its peak atm!!

AJP - I can't believe your litle one sleeps for 10hrs! I am amazed if Logan goes 2 1/2 - 3hrs.

Ann- Ella sounds like she is doing great also. Are the night feeds taking you long or does she go straight back down again?

Kim - Yeah for a happily growing Chelsea and a good sleeper also! My maternal health nurse says they often start to sleep longer/better when they hit the 5kg mark. Hoping for myself this is the case!

Christy - sounds like it is tough work with two young ones on the go. We will probably be trying for no2 within the next 12mths - not sure i am going to be prepared/able to cope with another but I guess millions of families do it and survive.

Vicky - thanks for the reassurance. I am going on my instincts atm and doing what works and keeps us all the most content. I don't like the "right" and "wrong" theories on how a baby should be raised - they just cause me anxiety if i think about it to much. I am not going to tell people about the co-sleeping anymore as everyone (other than in here) is so negative about it - I don't want to feel guilty about doing something that feels right and means I am getting some sleep!
    Mind you, I would like to get Logan out of our bed sometime in the nearish future just so we can have "mummy - daddy time" !
    Glad Aston is doing well. Did your other children breast feed ok as well? What do they think of their brother?

Went for maternal health nurse check up today - early given it will be xmas when he hits 4 weeks.
    Logan has put on almost 500g in 9 days and is now just of 4kgs!!! Guess the hospital was wrong in saying they thought I might not have enough milk.No wonder I am hungry all the time! Probably also at least partially explains his colicky symptoms - trying to digest too much food poor fella1
    Anyway at least he is thriving and i think (don't want to jinx myself) settling a little more. certainly seem to be getting some longer sleeps during the day.

Sounds great Meredith!

Well things not going much better, same sleep last night/this morning. I'm more tired & emotional today... poor DH can not do anything right. Poor Jovie is suffering big time with all the antibiotics I was on & now have to go back on. Seems that maybe a stitch got infected? Remember how I thought I popped a stitch? Well seems like that is what happened. So will have to go back on more antibiotics because the ones I was on wouldn't help this infection.... blech.

So I won't have a settled baby until I finish all antibiotics & the only way I'm going to get better is rest, vicious cycle....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast