Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #2

Merry Christmas all!

Robyn - I've been feeling the same. But i've been getting cranky about Andrew not hanging out the washing. I've even been snappy towards our cat!

Ella was the centre of attention for the last 3 days and has loved it but its meant she's been so difficult to settle. The next few days will be "boring" days where hopefully she'll swing back into her routine. Next week we're flying down to Melbourne to visit my family so that will probably throw it all out the window again! (sigh....)

Hope everyone had a great Xmas with happy babies.

Ann

LOL I think our hormones are hard to settle like our babies, when we get overstimulated its hard to control our emotions or thats my excuse & I'm sticking to it....

Well i've lost it !!!! had a good week since 'coming out' about having PND felt heaps better talking to DH and MCHN christmas wasnt stressfull like i thought it would be....then my little bubble burst, got a letter yesterday from super fund stating that i no longer work at my work place (havent resigned, not going back to old position but have offered to help out and fill in where needed and possibly go back 1 day per week) made me feel very regected, i did sooooooo much for my work place in setting it up and so forth, i know it's silly but it made it seem so final, stupid thing to get upset about but...
    then today went for 8 week ck at mchn saw a different nurse who told me that DD is getting flat spot on RHS which we have beena wear of and have been working on since birth to make her face the other way, but of course made me cry thinking i had permenently damaged her face which i havent, doesnt help that she sleeps sooo much approx 9 hrs per night with her head facing that way!!! she also doesnt smile much so of course i'm now thinking that i'm not stimulating her enough though i spend as much time as posible with her....aaaaarrrrrhhhhhhhhhh i feel like such a bad mum thinking i'm doing the right thing but doubting myself as per usual. spoke to DH on phone in tears, he's such a great guy if only i believed what he said more often..

found out yesterday that i have possible introitus scarring, i googled it but can only find info regarding genital mutilation such as female circumcsion so have to wait till i see gyno for more info
    going away tomorrow, not sure when we'll be back but planning on seeing my Dr about PND when i return, cant stop crying.

hope everyone had a great christmas and all the babies got spoilt rotten!!!

Christy- I love your excuse, can I borrow it? LOL

AJP- I'm sorry to hear your work has burst your bubble. Grrrr to them for making you feel this way when you were just starting to feel good.
    You are not a bad mum, and you do need to listen to your DH. Baylee doesnt smile all the time, maybe Sophie is just the same. she could be a 'little thinker'. But that certainly doesnt make you a bad mum. The fact that you have 'come out' as you put it, makes you a terrific mum.
    I hope the gyno can give you some useful info when you see him next and the Dr can give you more insight into your PND, until then I hope you have a lovely time away, rest up and enjoy, you deserve it.

AJP - *hugs* you can cry! Its okay, I would cry if I got a letter from my super saying I didn't work at my job anymore. I would also cry if I had to face that scary news about whats going on with your health. Grrr at that MCHN... some of them have no tact.

Now with your PND, you can allow yourself to feel down & have cries, its not a sign of weakness...its a release. Everytime I break down & have a good cry I tell myself that its letting go of the hurt & I feel better having rid it of my brain. I think that we stand around thinking we have to have stiff upper lips when no where else in the world would you be expected to handle things emotionally at this time. In other countries the women aren't allowed to cook for 30 days, or clean. Imagine that!! HAving 30 days off after having a baby. You would feel so much better having had the time to bond with your baby & would feel able to start doing things by then.

thanks robyn and christy, heaps better today, have my beautiful girl in my arms right now, typing one handed is hard and slow!!!!, shes been smiling more today which has made my day. sorry for my little rant yeasterday just had to get it out. were off on holidays this arvo cant wait, though were leaving good melbourne weather for crap NSW weather grrrrrr we cant win hey. well enough og me for now, i hope all bubs are doing well, christy i hope jovie is windfree next year foryou.
    everyone have a great new year stay happy and healthy, and we'll talk nexa year!!!!! not sure when were coming home so you wont see me for a week or so. take care
    love AJP and Sophie

AJP - hope you have a relaxing holiday and put all the negative comments from the MCHN behind. DH sounds lovely and i'm sure thinks your a great mum!

Dont apologies for the rant - better out than in!

Ella's been doing well. Next week she has her shots so i'm bracing myself for tears/fever and generally being unsettled. How have all your babies done after the shots???

I can't believe we're so close to the new year. Hope everyone has a great new years eve with happy babies.

Ann

curlylocks11 Guest

just popping on to wish everyone a great new year! I hope that all the babies behave nicely and give everyone lots of sleep!

Ann, DD had her shots on wed, i gave her panadol 1/2 hr prior which she didnt like, forgot to follow with a boobie chaser!!!anyway, just a few tears, not from me which surprised me, but overall she was fine, she did sleep for 13 hrs straight though!!! man were my boobs full luckily i expressed before going to bed and i did expect her to wake in the night as she went down so early, but she didnt, she has been totally fine though.
    good luck and have agreat new year.....

13hrs! OMG! I'm close to bursting after 5hours, i would be a mess after 13hours!

Ann

WOW!!! 13 hours is amazing! We got... 8 hours last night!! From 7.30pm-3.30am!! I got up at 3.30am and went to the kitchen to get something & looked at the clock & was amazed. I went back into the bedroom & told DH who was shocked because Matilda & Jovie both stayed asleep that long. (Usually Matilda gets up first)

Christy - that's fantastic! Ella's also been doing a few long sleeps (7hrs has been the longest). During the day she may do a 3hr sleep and most of them will be 2hr naps.

Do any of you guys have advice on cleaning their ears? I'm not sure if the baby cotton buds are the best thing for little ears??

Ann

Happy new year everyone

havent been around much as we went away for a few days and still have parents here till Luke's birthday on wednsday, hope everyone is well

All is ok here, Mason is a run amok and Cooper doesnt sleep much at all during the day but does overnight so thats ok

catch up soon

Hey Girlies......
    I have returned from NSW.....what a trip..... just popping in quickly to catch up on what ive missed. We had a great trip away... was tiring but well worth it...

Chelsea had her 4 week check up today....all going well. Will write up a better post in the next day or 2.....im buggered....

Mummy needs sleep....while bub is finally asleep and not screaming

New thread time!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678