Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #3

Default Babies Born November 2006 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in November 2006.

Your Moderators for this forum are ad follows:
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] - Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] - Senior Moderator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.
    Last edited by Astrolady; January 31st, 2007 at 01:33 PM.

Catch up with your old thread HERE.

curlylocks11 Guest

a new thread already!!

Well, samantha had her 2 month immunisations yesterday She went so red in the face crying, i felt really bad for her. She had 3 needles as well as the new rotavirus oral vaccine... and she'll have to have the same again in another 2 months... I hope she doesn't hate us now!

Also had her weighed etc., she is now 5.8kg and is 61cm long, she's outgrown all her 000 clothes and has to wear 00 clothes, they grow too fast!! Maybe i need a new baby

Hope everyone is going well

Poor Samantha.......i CAN wait for Chelsea to have her needles at the end of this month...feel so bad for them. I hate needles myself, so can only imagine what our poor lil tikes must go through. Hopefully she will be ok.

Tuesday Chelsea had her 4 week check up. Now that i have had my sleep i can write my decent post!!

Weight: 4265gm (gain of 415gm since 2 weeks ago)
    Length: 53 cm (gain of 2.2cm since 2 weeks ago)
    Head circumference: 37cm (gain of 2.2cm since 2 weeks ago)

She is under average for her age in all catorgories except HC...but the nurse is still pleased and nothing to worry about. She is just 'petite'....lol

Hopefully soon her 000 clothes will fit better and not be so baggy...some fit... some dont!!

Since we returned form our NSW trip Chels has been a horror.. i cant stop her crying/screaming. She just wantd to winge and not settle. Wont sleep

Spoke to the nurse at her check up ans she said its a spurt she is going through but she will get over it......in the mean time i feel like i cant handle it!!
    We only manage to fit 4-5 feeds in a day....each time she drinks the 125ml bottles dry!!

DH goes back to work next week...dont want him too. Today we brought a new car...got it from the car auctions....Ford Falcon station wagon.....more space! DH gone to pick it up now.

curlylocks11 Guest

kim - sounds like chelsea is growing nicely, i hope that she gets through the growth spurt really quickly.. I have to pack away all our 000 clothes now, they no longer fit she's just too long for them all...

Kim: I hope she settles down for you before DH goes back to work, sounds like the way she is drinking that she will be fitting them clothes before too long, hope its not too hard on you anyhow

Alison: LOL at the new baby and i have Cooper going in the morning for his, but will make my mum go in with him for the needles, i dont do it unless i have too
    Didnt realise they have oral stuff again, thought that was over with after they added polio to needles, gggrrr

Ella had her shots yesterday. The poor little thing was sleeping before the shots and imagine her shock when she got a needle in each leg! OUCH! She screamed and went straight onto the boob for some TLC.

Other than that she was fine. She had a slight fever at 1am this morning but didn't complain about it. She's so brave! (i was so nervous for her before the appointment - ha!)

Belinda - Ella just had two shots. No oral vaccination...The polio was added to 6 other vaccinations in one shot.

Ann

curlylocks11 Guest

just to clarify, the oral vaccine she had was the rotavirus, it has to be requested, i got it for samantha as ds is in childcare and might bring the bug home.

Hello... I hope everyone goes well with their vaccinations

I've been a bit scarce, we are really trying to work out Jovie's stuff atm. She's got reflux and still having some breast refusal which is hard. We've gotten rid of all cows milk dairy from our house (goats milk for Matilda & the occasional bottle of goats milk formula for Jovie when I can't express enough). I've been to see a Lactation Consultant and there is so much to do to keep your supply up. I'm pretty determined... with Matilda's reflux I weaned at 4 1/2 months and then tried to relactate at 5 1/2 because the formula did no good for her, but wasn't able too. This time I'm trying hard... if it doesn't work out, meh I gave it my all, if it does great.

Goodluck with Jovie.....i hope she starts improving soon. Your doing fine so its the best you can do. All things come to an end eventually....but persevere and you will be rewarded

Well I feel like I've been MIA as I havent posted since last year, LOL.
    I hope everyone had a wonderful new years and all the babies behaved themselves.

I have to take Baylee this week to get his needles, I've been putting it off coz I hated seeing Xander get his and Im gonna be the same with Baylee. DH just refuses to do it, he did it once when his DD was a bub and he said never again.
    Other than that everything else is great here, I got over all the Xmas hype and after my birthday party/New Years I fell in a heap just as I said I would.

Christy- I hope Jovie is feeling better. Reflux is so awful for them. I hope the goats milk helps and you can keep your milk supply up. If not then you've done well to get this far with everything else you've been through.

Kim- There must be something in the air. I got a new car also. Its a Ford Escape.

Im posting again coz I forgot to say something and Im checking the number of posts Ive done. It keeps going back to 69 for some reason.:icon_question: :icon_question:

Anyway... What I forgot was I cant believe my little boy is now 2 months old today!!!
    They are growing up so fast.
    Last edited by Lea13; February 9th, 2007 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Double Post

I agree Robyn...time flies! I cant believe my DD is nealry 6 weeks old (this Wednesday). Seems like only yesterday she was born. She has grown alot, has so much personality, and is starting to have huge gummy smiles that are wide as wide. Such a cutie.

Im now sick. I have a cold. Think its from this darn weather changing from heat waves to cold blizzards..(ok over aggerating there..but close enough to it). My head is pounding, cant smell or taste, nose is stuffed up and i have a cough that hurts...and i have a child that WONT sleep, settle or feed properly.

And DH went back to work today so im a mess. I hate not having him home, i got so used to having him here over the xmaz/NY period.

Was ment to have 6 week check up today but feel to ***** to go any where, besides other then my cold im feeling fine so cant see the point in going. DTD dont hurt, tear has healed well, no pain. Contraception is under control so dont need to ask for the pill or any thing because no point going on it cos by time is starts working will be time to stop for TTC #2 in May/April.

Thats about all thats going on around here. All is going ok other then the few problems with Chelsea and my cold

awww Kim it is so tough. I am just recovering from the cold/flu I had on Christmas, Jovie's still really unsettled... going to find a paeditrician and try to get some help now. We will continue the dairy free trial but it will take that long to get into a paeditrician I may as well book now. Regular GP's can't give certain meds for reflux so I figure we have to try to get in now anyway.

Christy - hope Jovie settles and the feeding gets back on track.

Kim - Can anyone help you while you're getting over your cold? Your mother or MIL?

I can't believe how time has flown as well. Ella will be 10 weeks this Sunday. I looked back at our pics and cant believe how she's grown in front of my eyes! She's now chatty and loves talking (gurgling and cooing) to anyone and anything willing to listen. Mum, Dad, Grandmas, Aunties, Uncles, air hostesses, lights, pillows, curtains... so cute!

I've put a little movie clip of it on our blog...

We had a wedding on Sunday and she seemed to cope well with being outside for much of the day and sitting through a noisy reception. But when we got her home she was so unsettled. So Sunday night i only got 2hrs sleep.

Ann

i wish i could get my mum or MIL over, buyt unfortunately the live in NSW some 9hrs away. I have no family or friends down here since we moved. So its up to me to hold the force and plug along.

Ann-Little Ella is so cute, and the video

Kim I understand, we haven't had any family around for years... DH's brother just moved nearby and has been helping heaps over the last fortnight. Just coming over & playing with Matilda while we deal with Jovie or vice versa.

We've just been to so many Dr's appts in the last week. Jovie has reflux. I was in denial for a long time, but I'm admitting to it now. Just want to get things better for her with all the vomitting and unsettled pain behaviour. Poor sausage.

I feel so sorry for you Christy and makes me look bad when i complain to DH when Chelsea vomits a little bit after some of her feeds. So i cant imagine how you must be feeling with your little girl. I just hope and pray they can find a way to help her get better. Nothing worse then seeing your baby not well and knowing your doing all you can. But hang in there...your doing great and deep down Jovie appreciates it all. Lucky to have DH's bro close by, would ease the workload a bit.

Did Matilda ever have reflux or any problems when she was young?

Yeah, Matilda had severe reflux. I guess thats why I didn't pick up on Jovie's at first. Matilda used to scream 6-8 hours a day and had fantastic projectile vomits, Jovie's just unsettled, can't settle without being held & rocked & cries but doesn't do the screaming Matilda did. When I took MAtilda to the GP at 6 weeks because of all the screaming, she had burns down her oseophagus. Thankfully Jovie's isn't as bad at all. I don't know if I would have survived two like that. But we are definately not having more children now.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast