Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #36

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

oh KIM, Chelsea sounds hysterical!!! how cute! important phone calls and helicopter flannels! she is a hoot!!!

Christy, don't worry about "dropping the ball", i'd rather have you lurk and read (if that's what you're up to) than nothing. I mean, your health comes first, and there's only so much one sick puppy (you) can do! You're ill and have two busy little people to look after.

TaraLee - glad you scan went well and other things (like BP results) - reassuring isn't it?

thanks for the rain wishes Blanche! truely i'm so desperate for rain, i'd go naked on the pavement if i thought it would make it rain!

nelly - what happened to your dh's hand? WHAT a way to avoid being a cricket widow ha ha!!! (just kidding hon). Is the loss of sensation limited to his hand? i must hazve missed an important post about this, cos i have no clue.

i am so behind with all your blogs, hope to rectify that soon, so i can see the pics you are all chatting about.
    Last edited by Gigi; March 7th, 2008 at 06:35 PM.

Scan went well, everything's where it's supposed to be. COuldnt see what it is!!!! sooooo annoyed! nevermind!

Oh nooooooooooooooooo Tara....norty bubby....will u try for another scan?

I feel for you...Chelsea done the same thing to me. Glad all is ok though!

oh Tara! Thats great that everything is going well, bummer about the crossed legs. I know with Matilda I was absolutely devestated and in tears about not knowing.

Poobum Tara. We did the cotton string and wooden peg test. If the peg swings side to side its a girl and in circles its a boy. It swung side to side with us !

Christy - poor matilda sounds like she was excited about Jovie arriving.

Ann

Yeah, disappointed but I'll think i'll just wait and see, cant really afford another scan!
    will be trying every old wives tale though!

Tara- Bummer about not finding out the sex..but good to hear everything is good and its where its supposed to be !!

blah still feel like crap!!

tara glad the scan went well besides the non cooperation!! did you find out with evie????

The first 18 week scan i had with evie i wanted to find out but couldnt see, but they thought she had cleft palate so when i went back for another scan to make sure her mouth was ok at 19weeks, they could see then.
    I'm just buying some blue things anyways but mostly just unisex stuff...you never know, we may have more...probably not...but who knows!
    Sorry to hear you're still blech Jols

Add Gigi on Facebook

even in the heatwave, we still went to WOMAD from 11am to 11pm, stayed in the shade at each performance stage, drank heaps of iced water and went in the de-mister tent quite a bit! Bilby had a great time, bopped like crazy to a totally going off john butler trio, and loved the brazilian samba music. She didn't sleep ONCE, made friends with everyone we camped near, charmed them all! Her way of making friends is to gingerly walk up to people with water bottles and try to take them!!! this would make the people laugh and then the silly faces etc, it was on for young and old. One lady shrugged at bilby, and so for the rest of the day, bilby kept shrugging at people and getting laughs for that. a new trick for her. So we managed to keep bilby unburnt and hydrated in 39 degree heat, and used the cloth nappies fine - our first experiment of being away from home for longer than a few hours. If it was "buy your ticket on the day" type thing, we would never have gone, but to get a cheaper price, we booked the tickets ages ago.

The kids zone looked really good too, i didn't think there would be anything for her age group, but we walked thru, and the Amazing Drumming Monkeys were putting on a show (google them to find out what i mean, they have a website). Didn't look thru the amazing rainbow markets, the environmental stalls, the visual arts area, the ethical global village, sustainable living area etc - like i would pre-bilby - but still had a great time. It really was what dh and i needed - we so rarely go out together for fun like that.

apparently, a news crew took footage of us 3 (amongst the other 75,000 people there) in the de-misting tent, cooling off, and it was on a news broadcast, dunno which channel, but we weren't home to see it anyway!

bilby is still not sleeping, so the only difference was, she didn't sleep at WOMAD, adn we still didn't get any sleep, at WOMAD. gotta laff. i secretly hoped all that walking around and bopping would make her very tired!!! but no!

we are making slow progress increasing the amount of foods she will eat, but still no soft pieces, only mashed or pureed. hmmm.

Taralee - i think blue is lovely on either gender, but you could always dye blue, purple, you get lovely shades of lavendar and violet, depending how blue the original item was (and that it's 100% cotton to start with).

YK how some preg. women scrub floors at the end? well i went on a DYE CLOTHES PURPLE frenzy instead!

Kimmy? how are you travelling hon?

Gigi im good thanks babe. Just chilling!

Yesterday we were going to the botanic gardens int he city..but thought it would be to busy...so instead we piled in the car and headed to Phillip Island. Was lovely....UNTIL both girls decided they wanted to go..the minute we arrived

Still we had a look around The Nobbies and had a bit of a drive around then came home.

Warm day today...Jas in bed, Chelsea being a tornado through the loungeroom making a mess. We have to go to the dr today, 4 month needle for Jasmine. Craig is home...LOOOOVE long weekends!! Woooohooo

LOL Kim its always the way isnt it! We think of great things to do with evie and then she's asleep by the time we get there or she's way over it!
    Gigi - sounds like you guys had a fab time! Any news about DH's job yet?
    We've booked the moving van and everything for next monday so we're super excited!
    just a pottering day here...kinda nice for a change. I've decided i;m doing the baby's room with a 'barnyard' theme so am excited looking for all sorts of bits and bobs!

GIGI sounds like you guys had a lovely day out!! love john butler!!!
    no good onthe no sleep!!

KIM hehe had to laugh at wantiong to come home! always the way hey!!
    love publis hols too,

tara barnyard theme sounds great, you cann get those sickers that are removeable online! yay on moving back home i bet you cant wait.

us wel i still have a cold but better, sophie slept for an hour yeaterday and is asleep now, jsut going on 45 mins so wil see how long she lasts!!

ooo!! tell me more about stickers!!

tara i'll see what i find then pm you the links, i remember seeing cute barnyard ones!!

Where is everyone? I thought i better post or we'd get bumped to the next page
    hmmm....havent really got much else....

Add Gigi on Facebook

Day 10 of heatwave and a week of more 38, 39 degree days to come!

over it, lovey!

public holiday yesterday, so poor innocent racehorses could race in the midday sun! seems so mean i think - hello? heatstroke for horses?

dh hasn't heard yet, we are so excited

TaraLee - where are you moving to?
    are you moving back into your old house by any chance?
    i feel i've missed something, or maybe you guys have been discussing it on MSN or something (???)

Kim - i thought you meant the girls wanted to go to the LOO when they got to Phillip Island! so hot and bothered, i don't know WHAT i'm reading.

constant sauna, it's 12.30 at night and i still feeling sweat dripping from behind my knees - i hate that! keep going an dhaving 30 sec cold showers just to feel better.

bilby's nappies are so dry, she's sweating it out, instead of peeing it out.

my friend lent me this projector cot toy today, it projects a circle of moving images and lullaby for 5 or 10 mins. we played it for bilby, her in the playpen where she had been screaming AND IT SENT HER TO SLEEP!!!! oh boy, we may have turned the corner!!! Will try this toy in the cot tomorrow night. Please let this be The Thing that gets bilby to sleep from now on, i would pay any price for ANYTHING that worked!!!

tara its been bery quiet in here of late!!!

gig i really hope you can get bilbys sleep sorted and blah to the heat!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast