Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #36

Aw Jols wats up??

I have them days....nearly every day. I always want a day off where i do nothing. I always want Craig to say 'Sit back ill feed the kids, bath them, play, bed...etc' never happens. i always get asked to do something...but he gets days off.

Days i wish i never had kids...or just 1.....its hard.

Both girls are better....im on the mend still. Now i have severe AF cramping to go with it

Kim and Jols - must be something in the water. I have been in tears since yesterday, (and if anyone else says HORMONES i am going to punch them!!!!!!!!!!!)
    It sucks that guys can just switch off to kids but we're stuck between a rock and a hard place cos we want to do stuff for ourselves and...dare i say it, be selfish sometimes, but dont want to 'neglect' the kid/s.
    I dont think there really is a solution, we cant change how they think...
    and when i try and work out what it is i want, i really have no idea. i want time to myself but want to be with evie and dh, i want to get things done but also want to rest....i dont know..geez there i go again..what the hell??!

were having major day sleep issues!! shes had 20 mins today! i need more time than that!! trying to get her to one sleep a day but its been almost impossible

not taking meds and now off completely i really cant cope, the small amount i was on was obviously keeing me sane

Hugs Jols.

Chelsea has 2 sleeps a day..this morning was 1030-1
    She was tired so went back to bed at 4...and now screaming....so i guess its no more sleep for her...even though she usually has at least 2-4 hours of naps a day.

im very grateful to have a great night sleeper, but 20 mins today is nnnoooooo where near enough!! shes inbed now but yelling out, but she can stay there until 5pm

Yep Chels has about 20-40mins when she is at FDC and its sheer hell come night cos she is so over tired....like you i have a great night sleeper...but doesnt help when you want rest and do things during the day and they wont nap!!

Im getting both girls up now...im sick of the screaming now!

Evie was down to one nap a day as well, but it just wasnt enough (1.5hrs). she has that big sleep late morning and has just gone down again now (4) but i'll only give her 20 mins or so..just so she can get through dinner and night time routine.
    I found this the other day on the baby center website;
    Now your baby is officially a toddler - but she still needs as much sleep as she did when she was younger. Until her second birthday, your child should get between 13 and 14 hours of sleep a day, 11 of those hours at night. The rest she'll get in naps. She'll probably still need two naps at 12 months, but by the time she's 18 months old, she may be ready for a single hour-and-a-half to two-hour nap in the afternoon - a pattern she may follow until she's four or five. The transition from two naps to one can be difficult; some experts recommend alternating one-nap and two-nap days, depending on how much sleep your toddler got the night before. You can also try putting your child to bed a little earlier on one-nap days.

HTH

thanks for that tara, she has around 12 hrs overnight and usually 2x40 mins a day, until recently, id be happy with 90 mins a day whether in one sleep or two 40 mins sleep, she just doens seem to understand that
    she'll be in bed at 6.30 tonight

Hi ladies

Jols - :hugs: hope Sophie starts sleeping a little longer in the day..

Tara - its so annoying when someone says its just ur "hormones" grr makes me angry too DF knows not to say anything anymore hehe

Vicky - yeah the weather is still stinkin hot been to the beach every weekend for the last 4 weeks.

hows everyone else?

Emelia is such a cheeky thing she has always been a climber but its getting so much worse latley..today she climbed up her high chair to pull the washed/folded clothes of the table (i had to put the dinner table chairs in spare room the other day cos she was climbing on them!) then she ran out the lounge room with the foot pillow thing and when it went to see where she was she had used the foot thing to climb up her change table and onto her tall boy..i was just like wtf!!

ive had to put all the things she can climb on away cos she was climbing up to open the back sliding door and switching the lights on and off..climbing onto the window sill..so much more she does too driving me insane!! thankgod she hasnt hurt herself, shes to smart for her own good!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

i had an OT visit me this visit, meant to be visiting about helping me with RSI, but instead she wanted to help me with the sleeping/eating/me being rundown/child care - all sorts of things.

She found out for me i can apply for child care benefit WITHOUT dh's tax return being up to date - huge relief to me, i was convinced it was a waste of time without last year's tax having been done. I was also scared i would be ineligible cos i'm not studying or working, i get all intimidated by forms. She rang the local family day care office adn discovered six FDC providers who are local to me. I desperately need to go the the dentist, if i get FDC for bilby, say one afternoon a fortnight, then i can go do things like go to the dentist.

went to a Steiner Waldorf info night at the only government school in our state to be running a Steiner stream - really informative. It sounds more than a school, the teachers are huge on partnership of the children, with their family. So the kids get consistency.

today, i left bilby in her highchair, watching teletubbies, just finished her baby muesli and i wanted to go to the loo in peace. Came back and she had slithered out of her STILL DONE UP HARNESS, and slithered down the foot rest plate, somehow dropped to the floor without hurting herself, and was waiting at the metal gate to teh hall for me!!! my god, where did my baby go???

i ahve no idea where to put "things away" cos we have no place to do that. no idea what to do once bilby can climb over the metal gates, over the playpen etc. no idea at all.

DH went for a job interview today
    9 applicants
    6 jobs
    they only interviewed people they felt very strongly about already
    they didn't mind about his back (i was so scared of that part)
    they were terribly professional and friendly
    they provide specific training
    it's a big ISP, full of Mac heads like my dh, he would be RIGHT at home there ha ha
    maybe we could move to a better rental if he got this job
    and my normal dh (instead of stressed out constantly dh) would return to me!
    so hard not to get the hopes up!!!!

Ann - how is Ella coping at CC these days? is it getting any easier?

Tara - thanks for putting in that info about the sleeps.
    Last week i got told babies this age SHOULDN"T be having any day naps, so good to get clarification
    Been told conflicting advice if babies need a night feed or not (at this age). dunno who to believe! Felt so desperate lately, i even made up a bottle of FF to give bilby in the night - she hated it. I gave her syringes of water, cos she just wets her clothing if i attempt the sippy or normal cup. But nothing stopped her wanting the breast. she's thirsty all the time it seems.

KIM - yes, wouldn't it be lovely to have an OFF day, where teh Magic Fairy, takes care of EVERYTHING for you!!!! we wish!

Gigi - are the teachers at the state school steiner trained? I ask that because there was a steiner stream at the local highschool - all very good in theory - in practice was unsuccessful - and now there isn't one. My DD went to a steiner school for two years. it was a great experience for her, in a time that she needed it for her spirit, and to be extended in a broad sense - she had the basics mastered relatively early and was very bored in the state system, so the opportunity to take part in music/drama/gardening and the whole holistic approach that the anthrophosy has was a great thing for her at the time. unfortunately - as this was an independent school, people with deep pockets get an awful lot of attention (or unattention in this case) Laura was being terribly bullied, and it was quite horrible. for all my jumping up and down, and saying that I was taking care of Laura's responses, and her behaviour, they refused to look at the cause - until I decided to not continue with the school, and was going to report in to the Child Safety. Then they became attentive to me, but it was too late - and I was very disillusioned. I love the whole anthroposhopy philosophy - if it is followed!!!! and as they were a school desiring to extend extend extend - they were constantly attentive to the parents with money!!! anyway, that is just my little two bob's worth.

hear all of you on the wanting to resign stakes!!! why is it that when the mummy gets sick, she still has to soldier on and be the mummy - but when the daddy gets sick - well thats a whole different kettle of fish!!!! arghhhhh

aston is still sick with croup, whihc means i have to give him more predisone, which i hate giving him hopefully he will be feeling better tomorrow. bbl ladies... mother hood duties calling!!

vicky poor aston, i hope he gets better soon, how are the relatives going???
    miss laura sure shoulds like a real little lady now!! you must be one proud mum!

gigi good news on the FDC like you said sometimes just an afternoon to get the basic done is a relief, hope it all turns out for you!!

blanche blah on the weather!!! how are you surviving?????

hi everyone else!!

got sophie down today at 11.30 after lunch a very quick bath due to been black with dirt and a b/f, she was asleep by 11.50 so time will tell how long she sleeps for!! for me please!!!

BTW if our kids were at daycare it is policy for them to be having one nap a day, after lunch and around 2 hours in allocated as sleep time

thanks for that tara, she only slept for 45 mins, but layed in her cot for another 45 mins not whinging, so hopefully she's learning that i wont get her up!!
    BTW whens your scan?? are you finding out the sex?

holy cr#p Tara, i didnt even realise u were 19wks wow thats gone fast!

Jols- im just surviving with the weather, they said it was going to rain today but not one drop! just very cloudy and humid

got appt with ob tomorrow

cant beleive your 30 weeks blanche!!

Woohoo 3 hour nap today for Chelsea!!!!

Not long now for you Blanche...time flies 2nd time round i think!

We are all ok here....im having a tough time dealing with new pregnancies....and the weight issue i have is really taking its toll on me.

aww kim your time will come again! cant help with the weight issue, but chin up!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast