Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #37

Default Babies Born November 2006 #37

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in November 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is HERE

Poor Sophie....

Now ladies..whats the go with this 18 month needle. Ive heard its no longer needed or 'compulsary' so to speak to get it done??

I dont want to get it if its not really vital (not that IMO any of them are except Hep B).

the only thing you'll miss if the immunisation money, not that it really matters anyway!!!

i will get sophie done

Oh woopie do....its only like $180 or something isnt it..wow!!

I dont think ill be getting it then.....

That's interesting, I didn't know that it was an optional. I will still get Aston done, simply because having experienced Laura with chicken pox it was horrid...

I'm feeling so ick today...

vicky all vacinations are optional, i too had the pox bad when younger and feel its the right thing for us and of course sophie!!

whats for dinner tonight kim???

Tonight is something with beef....and what TF calls notatoes ie no potato. It uses cauliflower thats mashed up (blendered), cream cheese, garlic and chives!

Sounds yummmmmmy!

WOW at the TF diet. I still haven't even gotten Jovie's 6 months needles, but that was a decision we made as parents with everything else going on with her.

On another note: JOVIE HAS WORMS!!!!

OMG I was just changing her nappy & out came a worm when I wiped. I took a look at it & its a pinworm. So its not even one animals get, its only passed on from humans to other humans through sand pits and not washing after wipings etc etc.... I'm pretty sure Matilda has worms as well so that may be the reason for all the rattiness lately.

So I have to go out & deworm the whole family now & in 2 weeks time. Crap crap everywhere....

On another note: We have chickens!!! So gorgeous, Matilda's named them Amy & Greta. (I talked her out of Scott and David )

LOL Christy...i had this vision of a worm dangling our Jovies butt wiggling in the air

Poor Jovie.....

Gee all our kiddies are having a bad run of late.

TF diet does suck but i hope it will get this flubber off bubby #3 isnt looking promising at this ate with it all still on!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Blanche - hope you get thru Easter ok, the first one without your Grandpa. I hope the funeral is a beautiful celebration of his life. That's beautiful to name your new little person after your grandpa - relaly lovely.

Christy - worms heh, never a dull moment. Have you organised your travel plans?

Kimbaz - i have a mental image of you hopping up and down (continually wanting to pee!).

VIcky - last night, bilby most unusually slept from 5.30pm - 8.30pm (weird), then 2am - 8am. For her, that's heaps!!

no nap today, heaps of unsettled whingeing and crying.

checked out potential child care centre. They just assumed we used disposables adn told me to bring in 7 sposies per day and told me they didn't allow MCN cos it was "unhygenic". I quoted the Children's Services Act at them, that says that all childcare centres must accomodate all types of nappies and boy did they back down in a hurry!!!!! But it made me annoyed that they assumed everyone uses sposies. They also gave me black looks when i said i wanted to come in after four hours in care, to feed bilby. Four hours is the longest she can go without a breastfeed. They obviously found breastfeeding distasteful. No one said "for a 16 month old!!!" but the looks, the dropped jaws, they didn't need to.

(This is after telling me the centre's philosophy is to mirror what the child's normal day is like - well her normal day is to be breastfed!).

argh!!!! it did not feel like a child friendly place to me. I felt like they wanted bilby to be a robot who drank formula - every baby in the 14 months - 2yrs room i visited, they ALL were drinking FF from bottles. So much for encouraging the individual child!!!

i will put her there for a minumum period, and use the free time to find a more suitable place.

i was shown around by the CCC director who said "do you have any questions" and when i did, she kept saying, :"you can ask that on the first day" (of the people who do the care of the babies". E,g i asked the centre's policy on settling. Wanting to find out if they did controlled crying.

So they put you in a position of signing up when you really don't know how the place operates, So on the first day, when i supposedly get to ask all my questions to the staff looking after the babies, if their answers don't suit our needs, i then have to forfeit a deposit.

crazy system, are all CCC places like this? The director was very spoken but cold, i got the impression the majority of people using the centre are much better off than we are (financially). I sat there feedign bilby in their lobby, cos when i went to fill out paperwork, bilby let me know how hungry she was, and the looks i was given, as if i was bringing down the reputation of the centre by breastfeeding in their lobby!!!

i just couldn't believe i was in a supposedly child friendly environment!

awwww gigi sorry it didnt go as well as you'd expected, their obviously just used to people putting kids in there and not asking any questions, yaya on the sleep, go bilby!!!!

well im up, couldnt sleep after DH left for work, sophies still alseep, though ive heard her afew times but seems to resettle. were off to the dr this morning still not eating so need to check throat and ears

yukko on the worms christy!!! i had the same visions as kim!!!

jols I am the same lately bed late up early my brain just doesn't stop

kim the tfd sounds quite palatable hopefully it will work for you - not sure if it helps but I remember something about losing more than a few kgs per week means you have more chance of putting it back on so don't be discouraged y small losses slow and steady wins the race!

gigi goodluck with the ccc - is there another one near you to look at? how about family day care?

hi ann - crap about the hfm jakey had it last yr and it is just horrible

christy at least there is choc medicine for the worms - my gf just had the same
    outbreak in her family. good luck christy

blanche that is beautiful makes little jack even more special if that is possible

tara how did the move go?

vicky thanks for pep talk yday it started again last night and I was much stronger.

well here don't think we caught the egg or if we did it hasn't stuck. No AF but have yuk brown sludgey discharge (sorry tmi) with a few clots. Man I wish ... ah I don't know I guess all in good time

have a good day and a great easter

we are camping in tents over easter - first time in tents - and it hasn't stopped raining. Joy oh joy I can't wait.....

hi nelly!!!

have fun camping, somwthing we love but havent done since sophie was born!!!
    hope the rain stops for you!!!
    good luck next month with the egg!!

ive been caled twice this week to go into work but havent been able to due to sophie, but why do i feel so guilty for saying no???? i resigned, i dont work there but love to be able to help out when i can, its just soooo hard at the last minute, not to mention i wouldnt get home til after sophie was in bed!

man i'm cranky this morning.... 5am starts just dont work, especially when you go to bed late. I was waiting for the bread maker to finish making its bread... 11.40pm....
    DH and I are growling constantly at each other at the moment - think - hope - its because we have stopped smoking... plus i'm so sick of being in friggin pain... and friggin whinging about it... why can't they just look inside and see what the problem is already!!!!!!!!

Jols - i hope sophie is ok hun. put the guilty stick about work away ok - you're a mummy and that comes first, you can't just drop everything in an instance anymore.

Nelly - no worries darlin - i'm glad you were able to be much stronger. like i said, its her problem. you never have to apologise for being successful at what you do.and just to draw complete attention to my quote "There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you!We are all meant to shine, as children do."
    and as for catching the egg - it aint over til the fat lady sings girl... before you discount it wait til af is actually due Have fun camping over the weekend. I hope the weather is kind. Did you get gum boots for Jake?

Gigi - i would be looking somewhere else personally. Aston is starting Childcare on the 31st, and if I had felt in anyway at all like you have been made to feel, he wouldn't be going to that centre. I hope you can sort it out. I'm assuming that with bilby's sleep patterns, you sleep when she does? God woman you must be running on empty. :hugs:

Blanche - i got a lump in my throat at you naming your little boy after your granpa. that's beautiful.

Ann - how's ella doing? how are YOU doing?

Tara - I hope you are back online soon (i texted her yesterday, and she doesn't have the internet up and running yet. might be able to get to ikea. fingers crossed)

Christy - having animals, and school kids I regularly worm my kids - even though the dog is wormed regularly too. Not everyone is as vigilent as me. i think that the kids get it more from school now - I can always tell when they need worming - they get cranky and irritable... the itchy bottom is the last sign!!! Thank god for chocolate worming medicine.

aston is looking like he is needing to go back to bed... so that's my cue to do the same....
    Last edited by tiggerandpooh; March 20th, 2008 at 08:56 AM.

happy sleeping vicky!!

sophies ok, ears a little red but not a concern, just need to ride it out, must just be teeth! keeping up the nurofen for her.

me again!! got called by work again this arvo!! so reluctenly going in on tuesday! DH is taking the day off so that makes me feel better about leaving her, going to be hard getting back into it after 18 months!! very anxious

Hi guys. Back in the land of the living.

I'm finding 4 days a week at work almost full-time. I'm so exhausted. Thank god its a 4 day weekend. We are going to be painting, hammering and gluing - home renovations.

Gigi - CCC are not all the same. I looked at lots and lots before i put ella into ABC. It's all down to the people. I asked so many questions and spent a few hours with them just chatting. They were willing to settle ella any way i did. patting, swinging in the bjorn anything. I'm allowed to go as many times as i want to visit her during the day. But i know it will be disruptive if i do. I think a good CCC is a place that understands how hard it is for a mum to leave her baby. Good luck finding a place.

Vicky - hope you get some rest hun. You sound exhausted.

christy - ewww to the worms but i guess its normal for kids to get em.

We are going well. Ella is getting over her HFM. She's starting to eat a bit more so the ulcers are healing.

We are talking more. Bus, Ball, Bath and the mumma and dadda words. You can ask her "where are your toes?" and she looks around as if she's lost them and then she lifts her feet. Very cute. "where are your eyes?" and she winks her eyes shut. SHe's so much fun.

Happy easter everyone. Hope you get lots of chocy.

Ann

I agree CCC can be different. I found a Family Day Care with a carer who was more willing and able to do what I do at home. She uses cloth nappies, rocks Jovie to sleep & does a lot with her. So I am happy with her. I will keep Jovie in there until she is 3 and then she'll move to Montessori, that is if we stay where we are LOL. Who knows where we will be.

Vicky - So worms cause behavioural differences? I have had HUGE issues with Matilda the past few weeks. Its been so painful, so many tantrums & defiance. I've been literally ripping my hair out. URGH its been awful. Hopefully the worming treatment will do it!! With my vet background, I took a sample of the worm to work to identify it & it was a threadworm so not from the dogs that I thought, but from people....crazy.

Anyway... I worked 12 hours today and want to crash, but there's nothing good on TV.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast