Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #4

Hello!

AJP I hope she puts on some weight, that would be scary worrying about weight.

Jovie's been waking every 2 hours overnight the last 2 nights hungry, so I think we are going through a big growth spurt. And I'm absolutely exhausted. She also just rolled from her back to front YAY! Just once but I'm excited.

christy what does Jovie weigh?? i dont think sophie will ever roll, she's too lazy!!!!
    sophie is still sleeping up to 14 hours a night so i figured if she was hungry wouldnt she wake??????

AJP, glad that you are doing something proactive darlin. Hope that Sophie puts on some weight for you. Its stressful enough just being mum, let alone worry about weight as well.

Aston seems to have been feeding heaps again in the last few days, the heat has gotten worse, and he has woken more in the night, for a feed. plus i have been flat out. just to add more things into my life (like there isnt enough already!!!) we are moving in two weeks. ARHGHGHG!!!!! so thats going to be fun fun fun. packing with a 3mth old. oh joy.

Christy I'm exhausted too. I want to sleep for a day or two. When we move aston will be going into his own room, so maybe. fingers crossed, he will sleep better at night....well I can live in hope.

i guess the packing aint gonna do itself. but I am tempted to get someone in to do it, that plus the cleaning, and the garden....

AJP - is the child health nurse concerned? Sophie may just be a petite little thing. not all babies have to be big fat chubbas, after all we as adults are different eh. what was her starting weight?

Vicky, nurse is starting to get a little concerned as she only put on 230 in 4 weeks, but i'm tall 1.78cm and slim 56kg, so i dont expect her to be big her starting weight was 7lb 5oz or 3.3kg

your probably right AJP, she has your metabolism. and i think she would be waking at night if she was hungry too. i guess you will just have to wait and see what happens eh. is she feeding everytime you offer her the breast, or is she just looking at you like - what again?? I just fed! And if she is having lots of wet nappies during the day I thought that was a good indicator too that she would be getting enough. Sometimes I wish there was a little window so you could see if it had reached the full indicator...lol. I've been stressing this week because I think aston has lost weight - but i'll have him weighed on monday and go from there. he has been feeding a lot more the last few days, so my supply is probably low from everything i have been doing. yesterday and today I have hung at home, just dont have the energy to do anything. but have to pack... think i'll go and cry now...lol I hate moving. anyone got a magic wand I can borrow?

thanks vicky, she has plenty of wet and dirty nappies, lol at the full indicator!! when i was feeding 3 hourly they were good feeds with the 2 hour feeds i feel like i'm always topping her up! so will continue til monday weigh her and go from there. get drinking darl, heaps of water or milshakes/smoothies that should help increase the supply
    VA VOOM!!!!! did that work??? i waved my magic wand for you,!!good luck packing, i hate it too!!

thanks ajp - wondered what all those stars and magic dust was...lol. unfortunately all it did though was bring the real estate people here...but I guess thats better then nothing. one less thing to worry about for the day.

Gee u have been a chatty bunch this morning!!!
    I am ment to be at work but argh,.,at 6am i felt so damn crook i couldnt get out of bed! So DH ordered i stay home. Not long ago got outta bed..Chelsea still sleep!!

I got a qu. She is only getting 4 bottles in a day MAX. Is this ok? My formula says she should be on 5 feeds a dat @200ml each. DD is just making 4 and only 160-170 ml. She appears to be getting fatter and heavier.....im just worried now. I have a appt with the nurse next weds... but i thought id ask for ur opinions here too...

AJP-Chelsea has always been under everything for her age from day one. My nurse calls her a petite little thing too......def didnt not get that from her mummy or daddy!! I go back to the doctors on 20th march...i think my next scan wil be the 20 week one and we are not finding out the sex...i liked my surprise last time.....i hope this time my surprise has something between the legs!!!!

Christy-YAY for Jovie...clever girl rolling!!!

Bugger bout allur bubs waking for feeds.....chels still sleeping thru... bed at 1030 dont wake til 830am....

Hope you all have agood weekend~

Hello!

AJP - Matilda fed every 2 hours for the first 4 months and was very slim... she went from 95% at birth to 25% (mainly due to reflux). Jovie has stayed at 75% she was born 4kg and is now 6.3kg.... don't know when she's put weight on because I have only weighed her 3 times LOL... I didn't want to stress about it like I did with Matilda. Like Vicky said, wet nappies are the indicator

Kim if Chelsea is good with her nappies she's good. 6 wet nappies a day is the most important thing

Hi everyone

Kim - Emelia has 4 bottles a day she is having 200mls each bottle but thats cos she is a chubba!!

last time she was weighed she was 6.6kg...and that was a month ago, off the chart :s i go back on tuesday to HN so will be interesting...

had her appt for her arm today, they were really happy that it has improved on its own with the excersises and doc said no need for surgery at this stage she may need surgery later on when she is a bit older but that was a maybe, i go back again next month just for a checkup, so gotta keep doing the excersises and hopefully it will be 100 percent fingers crossed..physio was really pleased aswell.

have a great weekend everyone

Hi ladies,
    Such a busy week, I haven't been able to get on.

AJP - I am sure your little girl is just that- little. Try not to worry to much ( I know easier said than done) but thats why all the charts have ranges and averages. Some babies have to be big and others very small to make up an average. Does she seem well other than her size?

Vicky - Aggh, moving! We will be doing the same in the next couple of mths and I am dreading it. Good luck and if you discover any tips, please let me know!

Kim - is the m/s kicking in? Are you going to keep on working right through the pg?

Christy - Hope Jovie gets over the growth spurt soon. She was sleeping really well through the night wasn't she?

Blanchie - yay at Emelia rolling over! Logan has done so only twice and I missed one as he was with my mum!

We went to Tweddle (sleep school) on Tuesday. Was truly awful!! So glad my DH came with me otherwise he would have thought I was overreacting. Basically seemed like a baby "boot camp" and we spent the whole day listening to babies screaming including our own.
    The staff must be desensitised to it all but I couldn't stand even hearing other peoples babies crying out, So uch for not doing CC with babies under 6mths.
    Stupid lady kept telling me Logan was just protesting and the crying was "good" because he was learning - WTF!!! Didn't want me to pick him up even when he was hysterical, claiming he was fine and that she would tell me if she thought he was distressed enough to pick up. MY DH was almost more distressed than me. God bless him for standing up and saying "enough is enough". I thin k I was just in stunned silence but by the afternoon session, I was brought to tears and stopped it myself.
    We got Logan to sleep ourselves in 1/4 of the time without any tears.
    The whole system was just to "scripted" -not allowing for individual baby temperaments.
    And they didn't adress my main concern of the 45min catnapping -how to resettle him. I can now get him to sleep fairly well but he can't get through that sleep cycle. NO answers from tweddle - I just kept getting told that he just has to learn to go in a cot and that I was the one holding him back from learning good sleep habits! That was the answer to everything! Oh, and they also said I was overfeeding (usually 3hrly but more if he demands it) I am BFing for goodness sake!!
    Oh well, I came away fairly disgusted but more confident that what I am doing at home is possibly the best thing for Logan regardless and i will tolerate his poor sleep rather than subject him to that distress again.

Blanche-Yay... thats great ur lil girl is improving!!!!

Meredith- Gee hun thats school sounds scary.....i would have walked out. Poor Logan. MS i thing is starting.. but not as bad as when i was pg with Chelsea. I hope to keep working but today i just couldnt go.....i have slept al day...so had chels!!

Thius weekend we are off house hunting.. so we will be on the moving journey with in the next 6-8 weeks too!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

KIMBAZ and VICKY - my commiserations about teh moving house nightmare - the biggest stress in life, so much to do and organise and to add A BABY into that equation - wow.

MEREDITH - that tweedles school sounds like my worst nightmare. They should call it the controlled crying school i think. I did a day of "learning to settle your baby" with a child youth health nurse and that was great. SHe taught me how to swaddle (i was doing it before but not as well, and not consistently), to create a routine, provide noise - like a radio on low in the cot, and stand, with my hand on bub's tum lightly but reassuringly, until bubs falls asleep. This learning to settle her routine has been my life saver, now she has regular sleeps and i am in a fit state to be with her when she is awake.

AJP - have you ever heard of dreamfeeds? My midwife told me about them, like what your milkbar is bursting or you are worried she has gone too long without a feed, then you go to feed the bub WHILE THEY ARE ASLEEP, and the funny thing is, the bub keeps sleeping, but the little mouth attaches to you and sucks away very happily! It's so cute.

The thing with percentile charts is that they don't speak to the individual, if you're getting the wet nappies and she's healthy in other ways, i agree with the others, she may just be a wee tiny bub.

Tiny Bilby had her first vacinnation for rotavirus today, god that stuff is expensive!!! and it's essentially a tablespoon of liquid! Gah!!! I was so amazed, at one chemist i asked, it cost $178 (for one dose!!!) and the chemist nearest us, the SAME thing was $112 (still for one dose). So much variation, worth ringing around if you're gonna have it.

Blanchie, what happened to your bub's arm? Did she have an accident? Hope it keeps improving (fingers crossed) poor little thing.

Hi girls,

I'm feeling a lot better then I did yesterday. I think the anxiety of moving was doing my head in, that and tha fact that I had not very much sleep. God sleep deprivation pushes you over the edge doesn't it?? I went to bed last night when Aston did, much to DD, DS and DH disgust, but I tell you I was better off doing that, then staying up because I swear I was turning into Medusa - writhing snakes coming out of my head and all! Aston slept better last night, waking only once for a feed, then again at 5am, but went back to sleep til 7.30. So I feel as refreshed as someone can with being woken in the night only once. better then the previous couple of nights though! God I sound like a whinger...I'm even started fantising about what it will be like to sleep through the night again, . When we move in two weeks Aston will have his own room. Fingers crossed that will be the start of him sleeping better.

Gigi - yes the vaccination for Roto is $$$$$. It cost me 110 for one dose, then have to pay another 110 next month. Liquid gold!! How did tiny bibly go with it? Aston was a little unsettled with it. You are sounding much better darlin. Have you got a car yet?

Kim - Glad DH insisted you rest, god love him. Happy house hunting!

Mededith - I'm sure over the next couple of weeks you will hear me whinge heaps about moving. I HATE DOING IT! I have considered getting someone into pack for me, someone into clean, and someone into do the gardens. The cleaner wanted $450 to do the house, so that idea has been canned. Still have to find out about the other two. I have asked a girlfriend to come and help me pack though. I could pay all these people to do these things, but then it would mean DH and I won't be going on our very belated honey moon (aston in tow of course) in june - so I think I will just take a deep breath, and get stuck into it, and collapse afterwards. The first moving tip I will give though is take ALL help offered.!!!
    I'm so sorry that the sleep school was a nightmare. On the positve though, you have come away united with DH, and feeling more confident about what YOU are doing. And you know what is best for your little man. He may just be a cat napper. How long does he sleep at night for?

Blanche - thats fantastic news about Emelia's arm! I bet you felt relieved. I'm wondering how much Aston weighs now, hope to get him weighed on Monday, its been a while since I had him done too. He feels HEAVY - my back is telling me that at least! lol

Hi Christy, AJP and Belinda. Hope all is well in your worlds.

well the packing is calling me.....

gigi- when Emelia was born her shoulders got stuck and cos she was a big baby,9lbs 4 1/2 oz i had to get an epsisotomy (spelling?) and when they were pulling her out they pulled her arm really hard and it damaged the nerves its called Erb's palsy or brachial plexus palsy..so her arm when she was born was pretty much paralysed an she had no movement other than her hand, it could have been prevented but thats a whole other story.. but she is getting better and can now move it alot she brings it up to her mouth and lifts it but she cant lift it over her head just yet. but hoping it will become completley normal soon

Hello all!! Wow you girls can talk.

Meredith *hugs* my commiserations... I went to a 5 day sleep centre with Matilda and it was pretty similar, we did get some breaks once they finally realised Matilda's temperment, but it took a LOT of convincing on my part. I spent the first nap on the floor crying and then put my foot down rather firmly. One thing I learned there was what I did know as her Mum and got some confidence back.

ATM we are laying in bed with Jovie until she falls asleep & she is sleeping 45 minutes, if she wakes up then I generally go back in & put her dummy in & lay down again. I usually fall asleep then but sometimes she's awake for good so we get up.

Vicky - urgh moving... I do feel for you, and I hope you get some help because its huge.

Well... I started work on Thursday nights doing puppy preschool and now every other Sat as well working at the vet clinic. I'm happy to be working again because I love some of my job. I love puppy preschool and I love working with clients... sometimes I could leave some of the vets and even nurses though (sorry Meredith I'm sure you understand ).

Geez so much has gone on! Life is never dull with these babies.

AJP - We also had our 4 month shots and Ella was great. Only a little cry and a bit of a fever that panadol quickly fixed. We also weighed her and she came in at 6.23kg (only 200gms from last month). The people at ABA said that around this time weight gain slows down and genetics starts to come into play... so i try not to worry but like you i'm going to see if feeding her more frequently will do anything. Good luck and let me know how you go.

Christy - Puppy school sounds like so much fun. No wonder you're looking forward to going back. I've been considering taking on some of my work load again but not sure if it will put too much strain on me (especially after Ella's restless nights)

Blanchie - WooHoo! what great news about Emelia's arm.

Meridith - Sounds like bootcamp to me too. I have friends who did it and they were in tears for the whole time (but it worked for them). Now they deal with the "guilt" of having to put their DS through the ordeal... I never got any answers about resettling either. What i do for Ella is try and catch her drifting out of her sleep cycle. If i get in early enough and pop the dummy back in then the goes into her second sleep cycle (but only if she's tired) This generally works only once a day. The other times she sleeps only for 40-60mins.

Kim - We're off house hunting this month too. The market here in Syd is awful but apparently "this is the time to buy". i can't even imagine how we'll move out of here into our new home without throwing out our babies sleep routines.

The last few days have been warm and humid in the evenings. During our night feeds Ella is just drenched with sweat. I still wrap her since that's the only way she'll sleep but i feel so bad for her. She's now 4months old and seems content on NOT rolling. hahaha. We have more chuckles and "conversations" but her physical development is slower than the other babies in Mothers Group. (but i'm sure she'll catch up).
    The last two nights she's been very vocal going to sleep as well. She'll have her dummy in and grunt, groan and shriek for about 30-40mins before drifting off. I don't mind this during the day but at 1am and 4am in the morning it gets difficult. DH picked up his pillow and went out to sleep on the sofa.

Ann

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast