Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #43

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

ANN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry a bit behind in posts......

AND CONGRATULATIONS JOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh jols, the answer to that is obvious. I'm pregnant and am obviously not thinking clearly

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Taralee - have emailed you our (well dh's actually) mobile number - i don't have one. I'd love to hear your news!!!

Ann - every day at 8am - morning sickness with an inbuilt alarm clock - that's spooky!

bilby was so rough with other kids yesterday and today - i was cringing - where has my placid little girl gone? It's when she's in new situations, with kids she doesn't know, she gets all defensive, i jump in and protect the other child, apologise, explain to bilby how what she is doing is not on, but still felt awful. She had her first full day of childcare at new centre (10 - 3) and today, we went to a Move N Groove, then they have an unofficial playgroup afterwards - the kids get to razz about on the play equipment in an indoor community centre.

we got given some homemade woollen jumpers today, from one of the community workers who noticed i often have bilby in handknitted stuff - her mum knitted these jumper for her kids, but wrong seasons for wrong sizes, they didn't get worn, and her kids are all grown up now. Nice of her to offer them to us - i love natural fibres and the made with love part, bilby has no nannas to knit stuff for her, so we're finding other ways.

I saw Mamma Mia the other night - nice bit of escapism - typical "stage musical made into a movie" - OTT, ridiculous but fun and very musical - but i cried - seeing a movie where all the characters are focussed on an upcoming wedding really hit a raw nerve with me - i still feel upset (when i think about it) about not being married and all that means about me and dh. i should put dp shouldn't i?

well that's my whinge. over now i promise!

congrats on becoming the owner of an italian trendy scooter AJP (LOL).

Tara.... with both girls I went on day trips on their DD. That way I wouldn't have to think about it all too much all day long. If you need somewhere to go... Brissy's not "too" far

Nelly - LOL goood to hear from you again. How is Jake going?

Christy - that's a good idea. I just sat around the house hoping it would happen and was disappointed every minute it didnt.

Gigi - sound natural that Bilby is defensive. I wouldnt worry hun. Good to hear you got out for Mama Mia. We're going to Batman next Wednesday.

Feeling better today. No puking. Ella's a bit ferral this morning just wanting me to hold her and I'm so tired. She's watching the Night Garden now - and loves it!

Ann

thats what i've been doing too Ann, but decided to stop today lol
    feeling a lot more positive and motivated too, so lets hope that works for me!

Add Gigi on Facebook

Ann - bilby loves In teh Night Garden too, and the 8.35am Yo Gabba Gabba also - "my name is X and i like to dance"!

Hope you get to enjoy BATMAN, would love to hear what you think of it.

Christy - when you typed DD for DUE DATE, first of all, i thought you meant DEAR DAUGHTER!!! i was so puzzled for a bit why you were suggesting a dear daughter to Taralee!

US:
    Went to the afternoon session of a "Attachment Parenting Workshop Day" today, heard two speakers, Louise Porter, child psychologist and well known author on child raising (Nurture not discipline type ideas) and Janet ?, a childhood play expert, who talked about what to play with your kids from birth - 7, using household found objects for imaginative play, instead of "formed toys". Both were really interesting.

I have been losing it with bilby lately (i have sworn at her twice - scared myself), the oppositional behaviour is really kicking in. Lots of good suggestions of what i could do at times like that (from today's talks), hope i can remember enough of those suggestions (at the relevant times).

Time away was advocated, not time out, for bad behaviour for example.
    ANd not using rewards for good behaviour. I can understand that, i see my SD ONLY do stuff if she thinks there will be lots of praise or a lollie after it (not just doing it for it's own sake).

Got to see my friend's nb today at the workshop, baby is now four weeks old, damm the petrol crisis, i would have seen her alot earlier if it wasnt' for the price of petrol now. I know some lovely people who just happen to all live one hour drive from me - which means i hardly ever get to see them. So lovely to cuddle this four week old precious bub. i just adore those nb noises and the cute hand movements, like a Balinese dancer.

Gearing up for my other friend's scheduled C section next Friday, i am so excited for her (not the c-section bit, but the having her baby bit - after a very complicated pregnancy and years of IVF.)

thinking of you Taralee!

oh tara I remember those last few days until the due date and then when you go over your cranky levels seem to triple!!!! enjoy just you and evie time while you can

gigi that sounds really interesting - I hope this doesn't sound condescending but it is soo great to hear you are cooking and getting out and about more. your new cc sounds lovely too I hope it stays that way for oyu

Ann how is the ms - and all you other preggies too! Hope all is going well for you.

Christy are you free for a catch up in the next few weeks? am happy to come to you just thought a picnic at wynnum would be good - is matilda ok down there or is somewhere like pioneer park better?

pmsl the other night got a txt from vicky asking me if I was coming to play in ian's cabin texted her back and she said oops wrong person too much wine (or words to that effect) - have no idea what she is getting up to down there but it sounds like fun!

blanche how is the sleeping going?

dh has been away on conference since Thurs and it is nice to get on computer without feeling guilty!

We are major In The Night Garden fans here. it's a whole family affair when it comes on...except for those freakin' pontipines (the pontipines are friends and tho they're very small, that even when there's 10 of them, they're hardly there at all) LOL oh yea, i know the songs. it's my gift lol
    evie actually looks like Iggle Piggle when she's in her all-in-one jammies lmao
    Nelly - don;t you love the no-guilt computer time. i always think i'll just sit for 5 mins and it always turns into an hour! oops!
    Gigi - glad u got a lot out of the workshop, there's nothing better than walking away from something feeling inspired to do something for yourself - very empowering
    how's everyone else's weekend going?
    i just ate waaaaaay too much chinese. lol, since dh is on holidays and i dont feel like cooking we've been eating so badly lately!
    we actually went out for dinner last night with friends who have a daughter who's almost 3 and she and evie played allll night togather, so we actually got to sit and eat and chat like normal people! wow! i forgot what that was like!!! i was so so proud of evie and the way she behaved. she was so good. and didnt fall asleep on the way home, so when we got home i told her to have a drink of milk and say goodnight and she went straight to bed and asleep with no grizzles. woot! what a win!!
    lol i told DH to enjoy it for the next couple of days then we get to do it aaaaalllll again!!
    anyways, best be off to bed! i need my sleep! mind you, evie and i slept for 2.5 hours this afternoon! thats a record in this house!
    night xx

Sorry i left you on MSN Tara...our net is playing up...and then you were gone when i returned!! Im glad you had a nice night out. We had Chinses for tea as well...but wasnt very nice. Enjoy your time now before new bundle arrives. Man i only have 6 months before im doing it all over again!

Gigi your work shop sounds great.

Hows things Nelly?

All good here...the girls still have their colds. Need Jasmine to get better for her very much delayed 6 month needles...still not done them....this week maybe!

Monday we are going to a meet up at the local play centre, hope Chelsea likes it...and probably starting playgroup on Friday.

M/S wont bugger off....mornings and during the day is worse....dinner is fine then round bed time peaks again. Between feeling sick and up every 60-90 mins peeing...im getting no sleep. I had a lay on the lounge this morning and Chelsea kept coming over and rubbing my head asking 'You OK mummy'. She is such a sweet little girl. Such a worrier lately. Always asking if Shissy (sissy) is OK. Such a funny bugger.

Happy 9 months to my baby Jasmine for today too!!

25 days til my scan..OMG im getting so nervous!

ohhhh Kim how exciting/scary!

Nelly, sorry I didn't get back to your sms... was trying to work out what I am doing that night, but I *think* I am doing puppy classes, will have to check tomorrow. I'm changing nights for a nurse to learn how to do it. I would love to catch up... having a full on working time over the next few weeks. Next Wednesday might be clear....

No worries Kim...i secretly thought you were avoiding me....lol j/k
    All quiet here. I have my ob appt at 9:10 in the morning and was hoping something might have happened before i went but not even a twinge today so i'm not holding my breath!
    I so desperately want to do the stretch and sweep but i'm not overdue and it would only be for my own comfort and that doesnt sit right with me...*sigh* oh i dont really know what to do
    better go- been keeping super busy, went to ikea today and spent too much. we were going to go and buy evie a toddler bed this afternoon but i think i'll try and sort out this sleeping in our bed bizo first

oh just wait!!! I have an ikea toddler bed & we aren't taking it to Sydney with us in a few months.... can you wait that long?

Oh thats nice of you Christy!
    Could i be in any worse of a mood right now? i'm f**king over it
    oh i'll come back when i'm feeling better

Hugs Tara...i hope your ok...

oooohhhhh tara im hugging you right now

christy a very nice jester for the bed!!

nelly hi chickie!! sound like miss V was having fun!! how are you going?

gigi we love in the night garden too!!

ann how you going hun???

blanche how are your gorgeous ones?

Add Gigi on Facebook

No Nelly, i didn't find your words condescending at all, just words that a caring friend would say, so thank you.

dh and i have spent the entire weekend either arguing or not being able to be in the same room as each other. I have even mentioned me and bilby moving out, which he says is not the answer.

thanks gigi x

man I was happy to have DH home after his conf away but I had the worst night sleep last night - he was snoring farting and carrying on and I had got used to sleeping on my own in the big bed right in the middle!

Jols we are ok went to see dr about ttc not happening and have been referred to fertility spec just to check things out. will wait and see.. me personally have a bit of mental crap to sort out have been messing with my own thoughts - a throw back to my f@#$ed childhood - and talking myself up then bashing myself down when I don't live up to my expectations of myself. hopefully that will get me back to balanced happy janelle. anway I am learning to be happy with being an excellent mum, wife and t/w mgr and that I don't have to be THE BEST and I will still be ok. messed up eh - over achiever

christy I know I have been in and out and not really here lately but ummmm when are you moving to sydney???? and is it a long term thing? sorry is my own fault for not paying attention

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast