Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #43

hope the tail end improves tara!!

wow go jas!! and :woot: on two more sleeps! what time is it!?

oh Tara I had a few issues after both styles of birthing...

Kim *shiver* I'm getting excited for you

Us.... Jovie just waved to me & said "Ni Night" owww.... then she goes "mmmmm" for a kiss. Too cute. She's been great today, generally she's been hard work but today she's been great. Back to the grind tomorrow, I've got a shift 7.30-4 and then I have puppy preschool 6.30-9pmish... so there ya go. I get to drop the kids off before and pick them up afterwards... than do dinner & bath and go back to work. *groan* I don't want to do it this way. I've given the boys a prod last week to hire someone else but they aren't really wanting to do that. I will just have to put my foot down. One shift a week! Especially with 2 puppy preschools.

wow very busy chickie you are christy!
    jovie is sounding very cute!!

went to see some friends who had twins on wed, two boys 6 weeks prem, 6lb2oz and 5lb13oz!! big bubba for premmies!! their doing well, home in a few weeks!!

Yeh in the last month Jas has gone from not rolling...to rolling over and over...and now crawling..started last week but the last few days she is unstoppable! Chelsea is loving that they can 'play' more now too.

They were laying on the floor before..facing each other talking...who knows what plans those two are making!!

Tuesday 9am at Dandenong Hospital.....im sooo excited cos ive waited for this day to arrive....but so scared and all the what ifs are rolling thrugh my head. Craig wont back down on the fact it could be a girl....he is dead set sure its a boy and not sure how he will cope otherwsie.

lealea Guest

Good morning all

Thanks for all the info for potties training Georgia does tell me she has don'e a poo and pat the back of her pants but she has finished by then and when she does a wee well i have no idea when that is but she also tells me poo when she farts too.
    I also leave the bathroom door open and she trys to look in the toilet while im going but i won't let her.

About the roids i think the anusol cream works best for my hubbie i havent got them and never have had them so im lucky there (even though i had a 10lb baby and all natural too) but i know what your going through the pain that my hubbie is goin through wow iv never seen him in so much pain.
    Oh does anyone's baby have a fave video, dvd or show i got about 12 videos from a friend and the one Georgia likes the most is banans and play school oh and the telitubbies.
    well the next few weeks are going to be flat out for me we are moving in 3 weeks and i havent even started packing anyway i hope you all have a great day and had a great weekend.

24 hours to go kim!!!! craig will be fine!

lealea sophie LOVES the bananas the most and then playschool

we have 3 faves here, in fact they're the only thing we watch. Wiggles, Peppa Pig and In the Night Garden.
    What do you make of this - evie had conjunctivitis on saturday so i put some breastmilk in her eyes and it cleared right up, but she's still rubbing them a bit, so i dont know. my eyes are a bit stingy too...i think i'll take her to the doctor anyways just in case, we dont want that hanging around!
    FYI that anusol bum cream worked really well too, thanks ladies.

Lealea! 10lb all nautral!!!! well done!!! yikes! makes me shiver

Did i tell you all Chino's birth story yet? it wasnt so pleasant

Looks like we're surrendering the cat to the pound today we cant find anyone who will take him but hes started going into the bush over the road and coming home covered in ticks - i found a big fat one on evie's head that had dropped off the cat and onto her, and thats just not a risk i am willing to take. makes me sick.

Hidey ho everyone

I had a wonderful weekend. My cousin and her partner came up from brisbane, the big kids went for sleep overs, and the mumma and dadda played up... once the wee one went to bed. had a bottle of bubbles, prawns and alantic salmon for dinner. was divine. The next best thing to actually going out to dinner.!!

yay kim on Jaz crawling. her and chelsea will have so much fun.

the things pregnancy and child birth do our bodies eh Tara.

Good to see you again Gigi. have been wondering how you going.

hi Christy - when do you go to sydney to look for somewhere to live?

Blanche - how's your two going?

Lealea - like gigi said - sounds like night terrors to me too. is normal at this age for this to happen. Aston does it too.

Ann - how you going hun? Have you caught up with Nelly while she has been down in your neck of the woods?

Jols- how's you cot escaping little girl going? thank god aston is not making any movements that resemble climbing out of his bed yet. fingers crossed it stays that way!

Oh Tara share Chino's story!!!!!

****....22 hours 45 mins til my scan now Jols!!!

I slept in til 945 today.....took a sleeping pill.....i needed sleep so badly. Craig got up and looked after the girls...was so nice of him

lealea Guest

Hey again
    Yeh she was 10lb 1 oz and 55cm long black hair and lots of it too ill have to find out how to send photos and it was only 7 hours of labour too and my first one and they say they get bigger (oh help me) so is this your first scan?

Georgia sleept through the night last night didn't here boo from her all night yepeee!! finaly did it she doesnt climbe out of her cot either well not yet anyway. but she gets into all the kitchen cobards so we had to put locks on them all too

Cant wait Kim!!! glad u got some sleep..man Craig is a gem ur very lucky!!

Went to CHN appt today Jack is 7.3kgs now another chubba bubba!! 62cms long...Emelia was 13kgs with clothes and shoes on and is 85cms. HN was very happy with both of them, she couldnt believe how much Emelia talks, she was yapping a way the whole time!!

Vicky- Kids are great! how is everything with u, hows Rich coping with his arm? good to hear u had a good wkend

AF arrived yesterday, first time since Jack was born and shes here and letting me know!!

Blanche im very lucky..have been blessed thats for sure!

Wow your kiddies are growly nicely!!!! Damn AF coming....could have stayed away longer

Sounds like bliss Vicky!
    Kim - craig and my DH were out of the same mould i think - dh takes evie so i can sleep when chino's sleeping too - am dreading it when he goes back to work on sunday
    Blanche - sounds like 2 very healthy bubbas you have!

So, Chino's birth story is here, for any interested...
    Our story begins in a quiet suburb on the Gold Coast..which would be a lot quieter if t'weren't for the rowdy neighbours down the street lol just jokes
    so i had an internal at my ob's that morning and he said about 1cm dilated, but it was too painful for the s&s so he left it. Didnt feel a thing for that whole day but did have quite a bit of spotting. around 6-7 that night i was sitting at the computer and thought things were a little more painful than usual but brushed it off as i was sick of getting my hopes up. Had dinner and pains got worse, so told DH to call his parents to come over. I went and had a shower and was having contractions every 3 minutes.
    Got to the hospital around 1145, still only 1-2cms but contractions were seriously painful. So they just left me to do my thing. After an hour or so i went and stood in the shower, but it was so cold so i got into the bath.
    Around 3am the midwife checked again and i was only 3cms and my waters still hadn't broken. I was absolutely devastated. I couldnt do anymore, i was just exhausted - i thought i was at least 7 or 8cms by then.
    The midwife offered me some gas and said i just had to keep plugging through so i did.
    Around 5am, still 3cms, she says she'll break the waters. Thank goodness, cos i was ready to die.
    So she broke them and not much happened.
    530 she calls in my ob, and now i'm starting to worry, chino still was not coming down cos he was posterior (which was why it was sooo painful!!!).
    Finally, things start moving a bit and when the midwife did the internal and i was 8cms she realises the cord is around his neck, hence why he can't get down.
    So they start asking questions about my blood type and if i would be against Chino and myself having transfusions if needed - now i panic and i am in no frame of mind to answer these kind of questions.
    As i start to push they bring the resus trolley in, "just in case"
    the actual pushing lasts 30mins and he's out. blue and floppy - but out.
    With some untangling and vigorous rubs, he's crying like a champion, mummy's so so glad and daddy's cutting away at that cord.
    Still had the waterbirth i wanted and only had gas, chino still has little cuts on his head from when my waters were broken but at the end of the day healthy baby and healthy mum.
    Thank you and goodnight *takes a bow*

Wow thats a great story..im glad you got the birth you wanted Tara....bit scary seeing a blue floppy baby i bet? Glad Chino is fine and so healthy though!!

WOW! tara thank you for sharing... scary and amazing...

Dumb qu Tara.....why were they asking about transfusions?

thanks for sharing tara!! wow though a little scary!!

11.5 hrs to go kim!

OMG your doing me Jols...im counting down too!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast