Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #43

Jols - I don't mean to laugh, but that is something I would do, forget the pin, stuff it up, then ring DH in tears, and my dh would do what yours did. Glad you got to play in the end, did you get some good stuff?

I look after a friends little girl on a Thursday, and are also looking after her today. as I'm backing out of the garage this morning, DH frantically signals me to stop - Have a flat tyre. I have never changed a flat in my life. and of course DH is NOT ringing the RACQ to do it, so there I am, winding the jack up, grunting and groaning as I do, its bloody hard, while DH tries to stop laughing at me. between the two of us, me with two able arms, and him with his one, we got the tyre changed! and I was only 15mins later.... I can laugh about it now, but this morning, I was like what the????

glad everything ok Kim, not long now and we will find out if its a prince or a princess on board....

Blanche how's jack doign? all better?

Tara - how you feeling hun? fingers crossed for you darlin that your bambino is here soon.

hi everyone else. I feel like I running on empty at the moment....go go go go go go .... I told my mother that she had to be on grandma duties next week! luckily she is happy to do so.

dont worry v im laughing now about it!! DH thought is was hilarious that i forgot, felt like my whole day was ruined!!
    only ended up with two tops form myer, a bra and some undies!! with it been inbetween seasons will save the rest for a few weeks time!!

where are you going again vicky, is it bega?

yay on the appy kim!! wow only 32 days to go11

oh what a sweet husband you have Jols!

lol V, glad it didnt take to long to change the tyre..
    Jack is much better still has a bit of a cough but they said he would for a few weeks, hes a happy boy again!!

Kim - yay for the appt going well, are you sharing this time with everyone what the sex is?

Tara- hope your feeling much better today

thanks blanche he is sweet!!!

glad jack is better!!!
    how are you?

V yay on the wheel change!!

Glad you got the tyre changed V....id be hopeless doing that!!!

Blanche i will share the gender this time...last time was hard on me not being able to deal with it openly...so hopefully if its a girl i can get extra support from everyone whilst i come to terms. KWIM..?

...heaven forbids if its a boy....you will all tell me to shut up

im okay thanks for asking, Emelia being abit difficult atm think me being away again for a few nights really got to her, she probably thought i was going to bring another baby home lol plus i think the age she is at now she is doing naughty stuff just to get a reaction,(well she has been for a while, but never got a reaction) can be so frustrating when im feeding Jack and i have to get up and stop her, then Jack is screaming cos he doesnt like his bottle taken away and then Emelia is crying cos she got told off argghhh!!!! im trying not to show im angry when she does it now, things are slowly getting back to normal..i hope
    i was feeling quiet down last week and things were getting on top of me i just felt like crawling in a hole and staying there!! but feeling much better the last few days

Kim we will be here, im praying for you that you will get your little boy..you sure do make beautiful princesses though!

Aw thanks Blanche *mwah*

Hey all!!

Kim IKWYM... when we found out with Jovie I went home & cried for a day. It took me ages to deal with it.

V... argh. I'm glad you got it changed okay and it wasn't too traumatic.

Jols... thats something I've done far too many times to admit, but I hear ya babe.

Blanche... argh this naughty phase is killing me!!! My two are always up to no good at bed time atm. It takes us ages to get them to sleep.

Speaking of sleep, WHO STOLE JOVIE'S SLEEP?????
    She's not had a day nap 3 days this week, I'm a mess, I really need that break during the day. I worked for hours at it on Tuesday, Wednesday and today. Monday & Thursday she's at FDC and went straight to sleep *groan* I'm over it!!!

I don't know what the f**k is going on.
    evie had 2 naps today but is getting to be really difficult to put down at night. 1030 she woke last night to come into our bed. considering i hadn't even gotten into bed yet, i was not happy.
    grizzly today...which seems to be the norm of late.
    maybe it's a big growth spurt.
    i figure there's no point being tough on her now about staying in her own bed at night...she obviosuly needs the comfort or something.
    thought i felt some movements down below this evening but nothing. i'm so sick of beign disappointed!! haha
    sorry, selfish post

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

AJP - how embarrassemtn about the PIN! but totally understandable. THe amount of PINs, passwords we have to carry around in our memories these days, even when not pregnant, i really struggle to remember them all.

Vicky - where is your dh up to with his op?

Christy - i would SO love any recipe help with hiding vegies and fruit!
    i am also after sugar replacement receipes that use NATURAL sugars, not the artificial sweeteners. I've been googling "sugar free muffins" for example, and i get all these recipes using Splenda etc that i don't want to use.

Still after stab mixer recommendations if anyone has a fave - ones that puree cooked veg easily, wihtout having to add heaps of water.

Muffins and quiche i think i will concentrate on, that's what she seems to like to eat, and cake too. A sugar free or low in sugar carrot cake, another way to get carrot into her.

Last night i got her to eat watermelon! i was so excited!
    Yesterday, i went and did a big (for me) f * v shop, well mainly Fruit. Feels so nice to have a good quantity of fruit in the house for a change. Im starting to cook again, for bilby. In the last week, i've been baking vegetable chips in the oven, made two packet mixes of muffins (would like to make them from scratch once i discover how to do that), made her premium mince spag bologn tonight (whihc she wouldn't touch, despite eating the childcare one yesterday). So this is a big change for me, one i have been needing to do for a very long time. I don't know what's different, i'm not back to normal (loving to cook) but it's better than it has been for nearly two years now, so that's a start in the right direction at least.

Taralee - the gazebo?? LOL - not long now hon - though it must not seem that way.

AJP - bilby has just got to 11kg, 10 -11 seemed to happen wihtout me realising it. I think cos she's still in the smae size nappies, on the same settings, it never dawned on me that she has been growing. i only really notice it when her tops start showing her tummy. (height).

Blanche - how is Jack going? is he back to his usual self?

we still only have two words, but the comprehension is there.

i don't think i'll ever stop yearning for bilby to LET me hug her. She rejects affection. it breaks my heart. i love her so much but she won't allow hugs.

Gigi, Matilda only started when she noticed I loved cuddling Jovie, it took years for her to accept affection. Now she loves it. BUT it seriously took a good 2 1/2 to 3 years. And I would lament about it. I would get so upset that she didn't like me, that I could shower her with the affection I wanted to do. She also wouldn't eat anything. She would go weeks without eating dinner, just snacks throughout the day. She lost 2 kg at 2 yrs. Refusing foods she ate one day & refused the next. I would find something she liked like spag bol and then I would do a huge cook up & freeze portions and then she would go off it and not eat it for a week. It is the most frustrating thing.

I think what we decided to do was then the 20 minute rule, you get dinner in front of you for 20 minutes, and then we take it away. We don't get emotional about it (anymore), we enjoy our dinner and we encourage her to have a bite. Then we take it away. If she gets hungry, we offer her a choice of dinner or fruit and if she says no than thats it. She has a small glass of rice milk before bed.

She still will refuse dinner, but at 4 we have a bit more communication and a sort of bribery which gets her to eat her dinner. We say she can't leave the table until she's eaten 3 bites. But she's older. Jovie didn't eat dinner last night, we gave up and right before bed offered her a weetbix to get something in her belly before bed.

I also stopped enjoying cooking. But I've gained it back, it took a while.

Here's yesterday's breakfast:

2 eggs
    1/2 cup apple puree
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tbsp water
    old bread

Mix everything but the bread together in a shallow dish, dip bread for a while on both sides to be coated by the mix & soaks some of it up. I pop a spray of oil in the pan & fry it up. I serve this for the girls cut into soldiers. I've hidden broccoli in there as well Sweet potato works too. What I do is puree a heap of veges & apples & pears and chuck it in the freezer to use.

So if I don't have one puree, I'll use another one.

GIGI i was going to suggest something like chrsity and use pureed apple or pear as your sweetner in muffins pileltes etc...

wow thats sneaky christy! lol i'll have to try that one! BTW we do the same thing with dinner. i dont like the thought of her going to bed hungry, but i'm also not going to stuff around for an hour every night!!
    Gigi - good on you! feels good to get stuff done doesnt it!

Hi ladies.

Just had my dating scan on Friday and we have news.

We are having TWINS!

OMG i'm a so suprised and a bit stressed I've gotta say. I read blanche's post and I think how will I manage?

Ann

OMG!!! Congratulations Ann - wow I bet your head is spinning. But remember, we are never sent more then we can handle - (I can hear you saying "yeah right!!) I guess instead of the stork coming to visit me, he has come and visited you twice lol.

WOW ann thats great news....oh im soooo jelous!!!! Congrats

OMG ANN thants fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!

so happy for you guys!!!! are you feeling overly sick etc.....

Wow Ann!!!! Thats incredible!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! Instant family! lol just kidding. that's going to be so great!! obviously they couldnt tell gender yet? man, i am so blown away!!!

I'm still sitting here. kept being woken up by pains last night. DTD so i thought something might happen but not the case lol. baby's moved down heaps tho so i'm trying to tell myself that each day is a day closer yadda yadda. will see what my ob says tomorrow..if i havent poked it out myself

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast