Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #5

Awww Blanche colds are awful, I hope she gets better soon!!

Vicky... so hows the packing I hope you have a good time with the relo's anyway.

Ann - don't worry, they do miss their mummies and it helps us remember why we are doing it.

awww Kim I'm sorry to hear about your DH, I hope you enjoy your facial!

Meredith - IKWYM between me & the two dogs its atrocious...me thinks a poodle will be next if I could get over having a poodle...but thats another story.

I too check on Jovie after 45 minutes to see if she's okay. We've only just cracked that sleep barrier the last few day & if she wakes after 45 minutes I can sometimes go back in & pop the dummy back in & she goes back to sleep!! Amazing.... sometimes.

Olivia Guest

Hi All,

Back from holidays ....well ....I'm not sure how much of a "holiday" it was ...a three ( almost four ) month old baby doesn't allow for much ....but loads of people helped and it was a change of scenary...it was great and I was sad to come home.

Lugh was brilliant ...so smiley and contented and lovely....I was esp proud cos he had a cold for a lot of the time. My family couldn't get enough of him ...

While he was away he learnt to roll the other way ...he was rolling from tummy to back ...now he rolls back to tummy ...although he seems very frustrated on his tummy, even though he will not stay on his back ...go figure ???

Sleep ...well I was right ....the holiday/the time difference/the cold ...all combined to mean that he woke twice instead of once ...and he was VERY difficult to settle ...my mothers partner is a doctor and he thinks it's cos he needs more to eat ...and suggested giving him a bottle of formula before bed ??? ...I breastfeed ...soooo perhaps if he doesn't go back to one wake a night soonish ...I will think about it ...or maybe just express extra for nights ...dunno. I thought I had enough milk ...I mean he's hardly starving ...he's in the 97th percentile for weight ...oh well.

Anyway ...hope all the babies are giving you a break and that all is well in your worlds.
    I am really sorry to hear about your husband Kim.

Talk soon.

Melbourne mums ...should we get together some time soon ??

Welcome Back Olivia - glad the "holiday" was a success and that your family doted on Lugh. I'd wait and see how he settles after you have been home for a while before starting him on a comp feed of formula - especially as he is so high on the stats. Check with your CHN though. Sometimes the comp feeding can start the demise of your supply...well that has happened to friends of mine. If you don't need to, if he is getting enough from you, then I would'nt. Hope you don't mind me sticking my two bits in here. Woohoo on the rolling. Aston is almost doing it...but is spending more time on his tummy for longer periods of time before he cracks it.

Hi christy, the packing is going well, so well that we had last night and today off! kind of at the stage where its gettng difficult to know what to pack, because we are still using it iykwim. Had a great night last night, laughed and laughed, but went to bed way to late (1am!) only to get up to the little man a couple hours after I finally went to sleep...won't be doing that again in a hurry, but are so glad I did. It was fun to "play" and be Vicky - not just Mummy. Glad that Jovie is sleeping better for you darlin, doesnt the whole sleep thing make a HUGE difference to your head space??? How hot is it in QLD??? tomorrow it is going to be 37 and i bet the humidity will be just as disgusting as it was today...yuk

well I'm off to sit under the air cond! we dragged the cot out to the lounge and we are sleeping out in there tongith. its too friggin hot in our room. roll on next weekend when we move - the new house has aircond!! ... it will probably start getting cold then lol

LOL Vicky I left the air con on timer to turn off at 3am... that way we got to sleep easier. We only have it in the lounge but I set fans up outside the doors of the bedrooms & blow the cold air in the good thing about having a smaller house.

Olivia I tried comping with Matilda from 6 weeks & it made no difference whatsoever. With Jovie if I comp at night she's up more than if I bf her.... I think someone decided it works better & didn't tell all the babies about it

hey

Just a quick drop in to say i am still around

Cooper is now recovered from bug thankfully, took long enough!!

Although as i type this he is spewing all over me, hopefully nothing is up!

Off to Sydney on thursday with Luke for a 5 day holiday, so looking forward to that, will miss other boys more than i thought i would, but Luke will remember this trip with me so worth it in the end to get some time with him alone, although the way he has been acting the last week i would rather go alone to be honest! threatened to cancel the trip twice so far

My parents are here to help Bill out while i am gone so thats good

Hope all is going well

BElinda I hope you have a great time!!! LOL at the threats, I do that all the time with Matilda.

Belinda - hope you have a great time in Sydney. The nights are a bit cool but the days are warm so pack some warm pjs!

Vicky - You did it! Enjoy the break!

Olivia - Ella was waking twice a night when she hit 4months but now has settled back to only waking once. Funny how we question our supply...but i think that they just need more frequent feeds. My supply did go down a bit because i was dehydrated for a bit but now its back up.

Well Ella loves mummy's new haircut so much she spewed on it! Not once but twice. (Just this morning in fact). She's now vocalising at a much much louder volume. She sits in her pram/playmat/swing/my lap and screeches! it is so loud DH could hear her in the next aisle in Coles. Hope this phase passes...or we'll be buying ear plugs.

Ann

Hi ladies....i have returned home and poor DH is still sick....hospital was useless as were all the doctors he seen. No one owuld give him antibiotics..no one still knows wht is wrong. i thought stuff this....and took him to a different dr's clinic...and now he has anitbioics and got a penicillian needle.....so fingers crossed is helps. Its been 10 days and he has gotten worse and worse... has been extremley stressful indeed.

On a good note i had a great time away....(besides the m/s which has also gotten worse now). Wat great to see friends and family and i enjoyed my facial!!!

Vicky- Hows the packing/moving going?? We finally got a house!! We dont move til june tho!

Belinda- Have a good holiday

Luua-How nice of Ella to redecorate and colour your hair for you!!

Christy-Hope the heat isnt to bad for you up there!

Olivia- Glad ur trip went well... always good to have lots of helping hands!! I agree us Melbourne mummies should meet up one time!!

Blanche- Hows Emelia feeling now? Poor little thing

Meredith- I swear im going to be bald soon... my hair is falling out at a rapid rate. Combined with being pregnant, Chelsea ripping it ouit.. and age setting in!! haha

If ive missed any one im sorry... i do hope your all doing well!

Kim - i hope ur DH gets better soon and the antibiotics help..

Emelia is doing much better she is slowly getting back to her own self again!!! little miss chatterbox is her new nick!!

hope everyone else is doing fine..the weather over here is so shocking goes from one extreme to the other:/

oh and im so glad im not the only one going bald!!! lol DP getting bit S***** with all the hair in the shower drain keeps blocking it lol ewww

Blanche - glad Emelia is feeling better. Touch Wood, but Aston doesn't seemed to have caught the kids cold.

Kim - bugger about DH being sick still - I hope it gets sorted for you both soon, not what you need being pregnant, and young baby in tow. Congrats on the house...it will be you in here in a few months despairing about the packing

Ann - LOL at Ella enjoying your new hair cut.

Belinda - have a great time away with your big boy. I'm sure it will be great.

Christy - have you managed to stay cool today?? The aircond in my car went yesterday, so I had to take it to the dealer today, ad they can't fix it til thursday...don't think this little black duck will be going anywhere between now and then!

Hope everyone else had a good weekend - God I'm shattered - stayed up too late on saturday night, and are still paying the price I think. We had people over, and didnt go to bed til 1am, and they all stayed (great idea when you are in the middle of packing NOT!) and then they wouldn't go home the next day. So I kinda spat the dummy - overtiredness does that to me - and they got the message.

Plus it is stinking hot here at the moment. so everyone is cranky, and hot. all the packing is nearly done, but I'm sure there will be a last minute panic...I feel sick thinking about it! Roll on next week say I!! I am sick of being surrounded by boxes! ugh...then theres the cleaning to do...sigh...I hate moving.

Went to another Parenting young babies session today, and took DH with me. still not sure it its for me or not, see how we go next week....

Well Iguess I should go and organise dinner...if I can manage to get something organised that doesnt involve using something that I have packed....

aahhhhh just enjoying a vodka lime and soda!!!!!!! first one in over 12 months!!! dont worry sophie is in bed for the night!, me thinks another one is on the card, sorry will post personals tomorrow, have a good night everyone

LOL i had my first Vodka lime soda last Friday when we had drinks with the mums from mother's group. It went straight to my head so i thought oops better slow down...and had wine instead.

Ann

Olivia Guest

ann, I had a look at ella's photos ...she is GORGEOUS.

Good for you Ann, and AJP... I had two glasses of wine on Saturday night, and they went straight to my head. Laughed alot that night...

Aston has been feeding like a champion all day today. Think he must be undergoing a growth spurt??? or maybe my supply has been a little down because it has been so hot, and I had such a late night?? who knows. So I spent the day feeding on and off, and not much else! Hopefully I will get more accomplished tomorrow...moving day is fast approaching.

I had to go and pick up laura from drama this evening, so left the boys with Dad. Aston had been bathed and fed, and was happily talking to daddy as I left. By the time I got back - round trip 30mins, he had a big scream, and Daddy had just settled him down to sleep in his arms. Apparently he was fine, then all of a sudden lost it. I wonder if he suddenly realised that mum was gone??? who knows???

hope everyone else has had a reasonable day.

Thanks Oliva Sounds like you have big healthy bubs too. How is he doing with his night sleeps?

Vicky - Ella had a growth spurt at exactly the same time and then again at 4months.

Is it too early to tell who our bubs look like? Ella is a real mix between me and DH. But i have notices she has my dimples and lips, Dads toes and feet. How about the rest of your bubs?

Ann

HI Ann - thanks - I was pretty sure it was a growth spurt, but you know how you get, second guessing yourself. I think with moving and everything things are a bit all over the place. I think that just feeding all day yesterday -while it made me stuffed - has made a difference. see how we go. I think kids constantly change and resemble one parent more at times, then change again. My big kids have traits of both me and their dad, like distinct features, but I think my daughter is looking more and more like me, with her dad's physique, and Nathan has mine, while looking very like his father. Aston is a combination of both DH and I, but looks more like his dad at the moment, with my eyes. I see similarities between Aston and his big brother and sister too, which is obviously my genes! Its fun to watch them change, and I often wonder "who" they will end up looking like when they are adults. Looking at baby photos of DH as a bub, Aston is a dead ringer for him, just chubbier...lol

well the little man is sleeping, and I am still shattered, so I may rest my weary head...take care all

Hello Ladies

Vicky - I think Logan must be having growth spurt too. Feel like I am constantly feeding again like when he was newborn. WTG on the packing. Hope the move goes well this weekend and that Aston enjioys his new room

AJP and Ann - Good on you for the little drinkies. I haven't ventured into alcohol for about 18mths. Think I would be off my head with one sip atm if I combined it with fatigue!

Kim - Hope your hubby responds to the antibiotics. Any idea what they think is wrong?

Christy - how's work going?
    I still have no real consistency with the 45min sleep thing so yep, I am watching the clock and peeking in on him constantly. I had a few days where he was great and seemed to get through on his own or with just a dummy replacement but past 2 days bad again. Won't even sleep well in the HAB which is a real pain because thats ow I was getting things done during the day... sigh!
    Mind you, we are having more success with sleeping in hammock for his first sleep of the night - sometimes getting over 3hrs. Then he comes into our bed.

Olivia - great that you had a good holiday. I am sure your family didn't want to see Luke go! Has he settled back into home routine again yet?
    I am with you on a melbourne meet up. Next week or week after?

I will be MIA for the next few days. A spot has come up at the mother/baby unit at Northpark so going tommorrow. Supposed to be a 4night stay but I'll see how I go. If it turns out anything like my day at Tweddle, I will be home in a flash. Much as I still want some help with Logan's sleep, I am very nervous about the methods that might be suggested. I asked if I could bring his hammock as I still intend to use this at home - they were not keen which doesn't give me a good vibe. Oh well, worse case, I just refuse to do anything I am not comfortable with and just enjoy having some meals cooked for me!!
    Hope everyone has a good few days and I will post again when i get home

Good luck Meredith...I hope that it is productive, not counter productive., but as you said enjoy someone else cooking for you for a bit, and if nothing else it will be good to not have to worry about HOME for a bit. see you when you get back....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast