Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #5

Kim - the smell of food would make me nauseous and going to the butchers was awful the sight and smell would send me running to the bathroom.

AJP - Ella's routine is the same as Sophies - bath, massage, boob and bed. We have been adding book reading too. But only before bath. Just to wind down. Ella usually does this around 7 and wakes between 2-4am and then gets up at 7am. We'll have to find a way to adjust all this when she starts solids....

Over the weekend we had a woman in our apartment block screaming outside for 3 hours! She was having some kind of domestic with her partner and they decided to keep all of us up at 2-5am in the morning. When we woke up there was blood in the lift and the front door was broken and security phone ripped of the wall...this is why we need to move!!!

Ann

WOW very scary Ann!!!! get the hell out of there kiddo!!!!!!!!

yeah i dont know how tochange things either when we start soilds, i think the second feed of the day, which is usually around 9am, i will offer boob then solids and go from there, but i really have no idea what i'll be doing!!!

well we've had no heater since sat night, it's been freezing down here over night and mornings, below 8 degrees!! we had the ducted heating fixed twice last year and the same problem keeps arising, so there coming out this morning to hopefully fix it for good!!

Ann: Very scary, hope that the woman was alright though, horrible stuff when these ppl cant let go of each other!

AJP: I have tried Cooper on solids here and there lately because he is on maximum milk he can have now and is wanting a feed every three hours, he pulls the funniest faces like i am feeding him poison of some sort, i only gave him a teaspoon the first time just incase he had an allergy to it and always in the day time only, i am only doing it every now and then every few days just to get him used to it really and hopefully he will gap out his bottles a bit more eventually

All is going good here

Olivia Guest

hey all ....sorry no posts ....have been very busy with Lugh ...and trying to give DH a bit more of my other time.

Since NZ and sleep school, sleep has gone backwards rather than forwards ARRRGGGGHHH....but I am resigned to not worry about sleep so much ( easier said than done as you know ) ....Meredith it was Tweedle that we went to...and I know you had a bad expereince but I didn't find it that bad ....I am patting him to sleep in his cot and at first this was working well ...settling time dramatically reduced, but now he is waking every 15 mins during day sleeps and every hour at night ...just wanting his dummy which he is knocking out with his hands ...he NEVER used to wake between feeds at night ....sooooooo annoying ....but I will have to live with it for now ....I really don't think I could take away the dummy without SERIOUS crying ...second child ...no dummy.

Belinda, I have also started with a very small amount of solids ...Lugh was very curious, can hold his head up and seemed ready, he has taken to it very well , with not one bit spat back ....which kind of confirmed my thoughts that even though he is 8 kgs he is hungry some of the time. We started with banana, and now pear ...it is so cute feeding him.

Ann, that sucks about the yelling, I am hyper sensitive to ANY noise ...so that would have drve me mad, poor woman though.

Hope all is well ...aren't our November babies at a cute stage now ...Lugh is all smiles.

Sounds like you started with nice tasting stuff,maybe i should try that, actually have some banana there so might try him with that later on and see how he goes, but even custard he pulls the horriblest face lol, but its just a fun experiment stage atm so will see how he goes

Kim: Also meant to say dont feel you cant talk about your pregnancy in here, i am sure everyone is happy to read about your journey with it, i know i am anyhow
    Last edited by Belinda; March 26th, 2007 at 12:11 PM.

oh wow I was just thinking that solids would be starting somewhat soon. I'm waiting until the 6 month mark with Jovie though, with all her food intolerances I just couldn't do it. I am so worried about disrupting her belly and causing more issues when I do start solids... it will probably take me until she's 8 months to start LOL...

Olivia Guest

hey christy ...I am allergic to lots of stuff ...but I will be extra careful ...( I am watching him now chewing his toe lol )...and yes Belinda stupidly I started on all the sweet stuff ....I'm sure we'll have a battle when it comes to greens, but like you said ...just experimenting...poor thing it makes him sound like a guinea pig ( poor guinea pigs ) ...

Hi Ladies...hard to believe that our beautiful little babies are getting ready for solids. where oh where has it gone.

I have been so busy restoring my computer. They are such great things when they are working properly - pain in the @rse when their not!!!

will catch up later when my computer is working better.

take care

Dont blame you for holding off as long as possible Christy, extra probs is the last thing you need

Olivia: its still healthy stuff and a lot of vegies are sweet so i think your going ok with it

Didnt bother trying Cooper today on anything i am just mucking around with it till he is closer to time, i started Mason at 5.5mths cause he just didnt seem to need the extra, luke on the other hand i started at 4mths i think, he was just hungry, Cooper is in between them i would say, and as for experimenting with them, cant help but laugh at them faces lol though

Vicky: hope you get the computer going properly soon, i am hoping to buy new system mid next mth if my savings goes to plan, will be sooo great if i can pull it off, this one is 8 years old so its a dinosaur and sooo slow!

still ploughing thru getting this computer restored. I had to restore it back to factory settings, so have had to reload all software, and download other software, and with dial up it would be quicker watching paint dry!

went and had some retail therapy today though...and we brought a new lounge and a bed for guests to sleep on. I think I should stay away from the shops when I'm in this kind of mood - its dangerous on the old bank balance!!

fingers crossed tonight will be the night that aston will sleep until 5am...please, please, please....sleep deprivation is doing bad things to my head space, and I don't like it at all....

OMG i'm sooooo tired today!! DH got a call from his works security service that his store wasnt alarmed!!! at 1.30am!! it closed at 9.00pm!! he didnt close another manager did, so poor DH had to get up and go into work and alarm the store, got home around 2.30am then had to get up ant 4.45am, poor bugger, if i'm tired he must be really tired.
    sophie had rosy cheeks last night, mmmm got me thinking of poss toothy pegs!! especially after she woke at 7.30 and wouldnt resettle..
    we got our heater fixed yesterday another $130, third time they've been out to fix the same problem, not happy about having to keep paying for a call out fee.

hope everyone is well

I also had a shocker of a night. Chelsea woke 3 times and i had to get up 4 times to go to the loo (damn pg bladder).

Chelsea has her needles today at 4.30 im dreading it already.

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

KIMBAZ - Jaz had her four month vaccination last week - and unlike the first ones, when all we had was a day of her being a bit sore, this time, she was affected for four days - reverting to newborn poos, wanting to be held ALOT, not feeding well, crying that coulnd't be settled etc. I feel we are still catching up from this.

Hope your bub takes it better.

All this talk about solids, it's not even on my radar yet, how do you know when they're ready for it? Do they give you signals or do you just do it at a certain age?

Jaz recently was feeding very efficiently and much quicker, but since vaccinations has also reverted to very long feeds again.

I feel like such an awful mum each time we go somewhere, it alway seems we are picked up JUST when Jaz would prefer to sleep, which puts her in a grump. Can't wait til i get a car, so we can go places when it suits her cycles, not the times that very kind people come and pick us up.

LUUA - i agree, move when you can. I don't feel safe in my new neighbourhood, the crime rate is the highest of everywhere i have lived and the footpaths/playgrounds are really run down. We had to move in a hurry cos of the termites/preg equation of last lovely place (house on a quarter acre block in safe quiet area, where i had taken the garden from dump to lovely over four years).

Where we are now, there is doof doof music all the time, i can't hear the music, just the doof doof! When preg, it gave me really bad headaches. Like people say, go hom and rest, well, home was veryunrestful to me, yappy dogs on three sides, doof doof music and living on a road opposite a cemetery where the local hoons think it's the grand prix track adn the whippersnippers/lawn mowers at the cemetery are often going. Huh, who said cemeteries were quiet????

Had to bresatfeed sitting in a park Sat afternoon, with nothing to lean against, so my back is giving me merry hell now. will need several chiro visits, times like this i doubt my wisdom at becoming an older mum.

Had "Baby and Me" class yesterday, so small, only three mums including me. Hearing the other women makes me realise how fortunate i am, my dh loves Jaz so much and is always wanting to care for her, and assist me to b/f, whatever is going on. Not all dh's are like that i'm finding out.

Happy 5mths today Cooper

Vicky: sounds like the shopping was fun

AJP: sorry to hear you and DH had sleepless nights

Kim: hope you get some sleep tonight and hope the needles arent too bad

Gigi: In relation to solids they recommend when they are 6mths old, there really is no need before then unless you are advised otherwise or the milk just isnt satifying them, so no rush to start it, i am just doing it every now and then but havent for a week or so, Cooper is 5 mths now so will start him properly soonish

My tv decided to die on me this morning, gggrrr, so had to cart one out of lukes room and its so small in comparison!
    Hope its something simple anyhow, with the prices of tvs though sometimes its just better to go buy a new one

Cooper isnt that well again, think its a chesty cold, not sure if to take him to docs or not as i am not sure they can do much, if he gets worse i will so they can check his chest is ok
    Was sick of his whinging earlier so put him into his bed thinking he wouldnt sleep and he pulled his blanket up over his face and went off to sleep, its a miracle lol, i swear they sense it sometimes when you just need a break

Gigi, just adding to what Belinda said about solids. You also know when they are ready when they start when they can sit up on their own and also start taking an interest in what you are eating. It's also an indicator that they're ready when breastmilk just isnt filling them up anymore. But it's not on my radar yet either! I'm happy with the 15min feeds every 3 hours thanks!!

New thread time girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678