Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #8

Default Babies Born November 2006 #8

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in November 2006.

Your Moderators for this forum are ad follows:
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] - Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] - Senior Moderator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your Previous thread can be found HERE

me first!!! great photo of aston vicky!!

thnx AJP i think it's pretty kool too

What a cutie Vicky..... Cant believe he has turned in his seat already...!!!

Chelsea has been ok....went to bed at 830pm and woke at 7am!!! Have been out all day so been cat napping on and off

hI Kim...thats great that she slept for 11odd hours last night! hope you were able to sleep that well too! I had to turn him around because he was getting too big the other way round, and was sitting in the seat lifting his neck up all the time. He loves it this way - he is over 8kgs, and is sitting for 20-40 seconds by himself, until he decides to reach for something then gets the wobble on...

Hope you have a good night again tonight. Every night I put aston to bed I say this will be the night that he sleeps allllll night...live in hope!!

evie is lifting her neck alot too, its quite funny and a little frustrating!
    hey kim, way to go on the big sleep! kudos!
    evie's nose seems to be getting better - just running the humidifier all night.

sophies lifting her neck in the car seat as well, but she's only 6.8kg so wont be turned for a while yet!!!

I have no idea how much Chels weighs but i know she isnt ready to turn. Cant sit by herself yet or hold her head a lot... she has strong neck muscles tho!!

Looked into buying a new seat today so i dont havw to turn her one around now and just leave it in the car for new bub (how lazy am i!!). New Safe N Sound Explorer looks nice...replaced the maxi riders, Exclusive to Babyco $315. DH sounds convinced so when Chels is ready to turn we will go buy it.

Chels has had a good night.. in bed but still playing... think cos she had a nap with mum this arvo (ive been sick as a dog since we got home from shopping), now she has had so much sleep!!

yeah evie's around the same as sophie, getting weighed on monday. she holds herself up to crawl too...i'm not ready for that yet!!!

Hey everyone

Kim- Glad Chelsea is been beter for u hope she keeps it up.

Emelia has been turned around in carseat for a while now since 13 weeks cos she was lifting her head then and she was/is a big girl so she was ready and she loves it, she is sitting up on her own now its great!

Had a good day met up with a few couples and there bubs from our antenatel classes today it was really good our bubs are all 5 months and its amazing to see wat the other one is upto !!

Have a great weekend everyone

Olivia - I hope your arm is healing!!

Vicky - LOL at living in hope.... I resigned myself to it not happening for another year she sleeps well but not overnight. Very cute piccy of Aston!! AND how is the expressing going??

AJP - sounds like Jovie & Sophie are very similar, with their weights & heads

Taralee - how's evie going?? Is she getting better?

Kim - great sleep!!! YAY!! You really needed that right now.

Us- well... Jovie has got the cold & its pretty sad. She did so well travelling on the plane I was so amazed. But she's crook & over it atm. We got home 4 hours ago & I've been feeding hourly since. Hopefully she will settle down so I can have a shower & rest. DH took Matilda to pick up the dogs so I get at least 30 minutes here....

glad you had a great time christy!!! pity about the cold poor litle mite
    Sophies on the smaller side, think she'll be tall and lean like me!!! she has really petite hands and feet, we saw a friends baby in hospitla a few weeks ago and the newborn was 9lb nd had bigger hands than sophie!!! sophie put on 500g inthe past 4 weeks which is great.

Christy - I lived in hope and guess what happened??? Aston slept from 7.00 til 4.00am - I woke to hear him chatting to his mobile, and looked at the clock, and woke DH with an exclaimed "ITS 4.00!" then he had a quick feed, and went back to sleep straight way til 6.45. So I feel FANTASTIC today!! Having said that, it might not happen again for another 6 months, but gee it was nice for a night!

That's great weight gain for Sophie AJP- nearly 150grams a week. Aston is nearly out of all his 00 - 0 look more comfortable on him, and the the 00 all in ones are too short in the legs and body for him, his little toes end up all curled up!

Glad you have had a couple of nights Kim of good sleep. may it continue for you darlin...your making a baby after all, and thats tiring work in itself!

have had a great weekend, just dossing around and unpacking my study, its the only room left to do, and I am doing it at my pace, because its my room, and I want it just so! if that makes sense. its lovely having a room of my own...

dh's dad and his girlfriend arrive next sunday night from the UK. its the first time I have met them, so I am getting a little nervous. they are here for 3 weeks. Hope it all goes ok...

I forgot to add Christy - i hope you had a good time away. and that the girls settle into being at home relatively quickly. The expressing is going well. I have expressed twice so far, and only want to build up enough for one bottle. Half way there...240mls for aston at this age???

BTW has anyone heard from Meredith and Gigi, they have both been very quiet...just making sure they are ok...

Goodness me! What a chatty bunch you all are!

Vicky - Aston looks like he's having a great ol time with his toys and grown up seat.

AJP - Ella has almost the same routine as Sophie. Although she's been waking up more during the night because of that stupid dummy! Everytime it falls out she cries for it. Last week i was getting up an average of 5-6 times a night. On a good night i get up 3 times to pop the dummy in. Not sure what to do there....its a bit of a curse.

Kim - great to see you have you've got yourself a routine that Chelsea is happy with too.

Christy - Yeah the weather here in Syd has been atrocious. My sister was here for a week and it rained almost everyday!

Ella has discovered her teeth are for chewing and has been practicing on mummy's boobs. She latches on and then pinches with her teeth and when is scream she smiles - its a game she's enjoying. Arggggghhhh!!!
    So i've been expressing to save myself the injury and only breastfeeding overnight when she knows its not playtime.
    She's put on lots of weight since starting solids cause she feels so much heavier when i pick her up. I'll have her weighed on Thursday when she has her shots.
    Ella has also started sitting up by herself in the last week or so. I got her a big ball to lean on when she gets tired and now she hardly uses it at all! Amazing how quickly they learn.

Christy hows Jovie feelign today? Poor lil bugger.

Vicky how did the unpacking go? Would u like to come pack my house for me??? We move in 4 weeks and so far ive packed 2 boxes. Chels just wont let me pack!!!

Luua ouch hun on the toothy pegs!!

Chels had a fairly good night.. bed at 8pm.... woke at 430am for a feed then went back to bed. Felt so slack this morning tho, had to wake her at 730 as she started FDC and we had to drop her off at 8. Meanwhile im at home, sick as a dog with god damn m/s thats getting worse not better, im hating being pg and i just wanna get better!!!!

Kim - yuck on the m/s hope it goes away soon..glad chelsea is sleeping better now hope she keeps it up.

im having a really slack day the house needs cleaning but im not in the mood!!! lol i get like this on rainy days all i wanna do is go to bed !!

oh kim m/s is so unpleasant *hugs* I had it really bad with Matilda.

Vicky - Jovie takes around 180-200mls of EBM at a time.... sometimes less but I make up bottles around 200mls for her. She's just 7kg now.... and she will have a bottle every 3-4 hours.

Unless its today.... today she's breastfeeding like a champ but its every hour because she's sick. I took her to the GP because her temp has been going up & down all day & she has been screaming which isn't like her. Apparently her throat is red & her ears are getting red but not too bad so hopefully we will hold off an infection and that her temp is her body fighting the infection. She's in better spirits atm, but has been extremely clingy today, everytime I put her down she screams

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast