Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #7

it's nice to have some time with our DH's!! do the same thing tomorrow night, are you working tomorrow?
    i'd do bath 60-90 mins after she wakes from her last sleep, bottle bed again

No tmrw im not working.. i go back to work next week. Just had to arrange FDC this week and thats all sorted. Kinda bit worried going back to work, but my carer will help me with the routine.

Thanks guys. evie was going great sleeping at night but now with this nose she's up all the time and i'm worried she wont be able to go back to her ol' night time ways.
    She seems to get really stuffed up around 3am despite having the humidifier going, maybe i should take her to the dr...altho it is only at night so its not like she's sick...hmmm

sorry tara i havnet had to deal with the stuffy nose thing yet with sophie, just me!!!!!! right now!!! i was awake at 3am coughing!! aarrgghhh

maybe try the chemist for a decongestant first.

KIM how did chelsea go overnight???

grr, i really dont know what to do about this whole self-settling thing. i cant just let her cry even tho its one of those cries with no tears!! i know she can put herself to sleep but i hate the idea of her going to sleep upset.
    also does anyone else find their baby gets a really sweaty head when eating? random...i know, but just wondering!

Well bed at 730 was great.......she woke at midnight, had a feed, played in her cot but i ignored it and she was back asleep by 1am. woke at 5am just talking..fed her at 730am.... and remained awake until 930.....woke at 1130.....now just about to have some food!!

I tho... had a bad sleep!

thats awesome kim!!! it's always the way, they sleep and you dont!!!

I know!

Well no she is refusing to eat LOL... one thing after the other.... i prob wouldnt have minded any other day... but today we have to go to the hospital and i dont want her acting up!!

well at least you now know that she can sleep thru the night and only wake for a feed or two! good job!
    dont worry too much about the eating...its normal for babies to have off days. for some reason, evie is really quiet today....bizarre and eerie!

hello girls!! wow you guys are doing so much!! Jovie has been pretty unsettled, but we are on holidays still staying with friends with kids and complete meyhem all the time. We also have colds atm which we caught on the 3rd day here...ah well...

Tara- when Emelia had her cold the doc told me to get demazin infant drops from chemist, that with the nose sucker it really helped her. HTH

Olivia Guest

hi all ....been awhile. i broke my arm a couple of days ago falling down stairs . reaally sucks. DH is home for two weeks although they think it will yake 4/6 yo heal. i can't pick lugh up. put him to bed, cuddle and worst of all, having a reaaly hard time feeding him. i am so sad. sorry to vent, just all a bit much. oh can only type a biyt, right arm broken.

ouch!! oh i really feel for you olivia! perhaps falling down stairs isnt the smartest way to avoid housework...speaking of which..

Poor thing Olivia... i hope it heals super quick for you

Ouchie..hope it heals quick, vent away. glad ur DH can take time off to help

OLIVIA sorry about the arm!!!

KIM how is chelsea going???

TARA how is Evies cold?

HI all...

Hugs Kim - you have been having fun havent you - NOT! I hope things have settled down a bit for you. You can totally understand why sleep deprivation has been used as a form of torture - it sends you completely over the edge.

Olivia - thats horrible darlin about breaking your arm!!! I had a moment where I thought I had sprained my ankle the other day - and the things that flashed through my head were How on earth am I going to look after Aston. I hope you are able to get some home help in or something...Feeding must be quite difficult. Big hugs honey...

Christy - bummer about the colds - is it colder in Sydney? Hope you are having a good time though.

Taralee - hows evie's nose? When Aston had a cold recently I used the baby antihistimine and that was great, that and the little fess..

AJP - you are sounding good darlin. very positive, things going good in your world?

Me - going to express express express...because I'm over the "I can't feed him" excuse that I'm getting from DH everytime I want to go somewhere which means I can't go anywhere without Aston. Aston has been a little more settled in the night, still think he is cutting top teeth, and he has dropped a feed, only have 5 now in a 24 hour period, one of those being the middle of the night. His sleep pattern is up around 5.30 - 6, back down for first sleep at 8, back up around 9 -9.30 back down for sleep around 12 - 1, up again about 2.30, then back down again for 4, up at 5, bath, feed, story bed around 6.30 -7. Sometimes earlier - cause he is just falling to pieces... Of course that routine is out the window when we go out the house, but he is usually having three sleeps a day , one big one, and two little ones... Havent given him anymore solids since the all night disaster we had a week or so ago...

VICKY- express away!!!! i do have to admit it's a lot hard these days to express the same amount that babies gets by feeding!! no where near as efficent. i find that if sophie only has 5 feed in 24- none overnight, she wakes after 2 hours in bed for a feed, so i now make sure she has 6, i cluster feed her inthe arvo. we'll start trying solids nexzt weekend as she'll be 6 moths on wednesday!!! so hard to beileve.
    Thanks vicky, feeling heaps better!!! going to dr's on wednesday for sophies shots and to discuss me coming off anti depressants, cant beieve the difference!!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast