Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #9

christy - i am dreading those 6month needles but your daughter's bravery has given me hope!
    Blanche - it seems like they are all getting the same thing! evies been doing that same coughing thing. its really bad in the morning (obviously after getting a belly full of phlegm during the night) and settles during the day.
    poor little things! evies been sick for a week now so i really REALLY hope we're coming to the end of it!
    I was talking to my MIL yesterday about 'mother guilt' and how guys just dont get it. dh was going to take evie out today leaving me alone at home, which would be a first for me. and strangely enough i just didnt want him to take her. i cant work out whether its because hes going to a friends house and they all have kids that are toddlers and are bitey and such, or if i just kinda didnt want her to be away from me (not that i dont trust dh, thats not the issue here)..but wow, i get the guilts bad!! now i feel guilty that i feel guilty and maybe evie wants time away from me!!!! OMG!

tara i know how you feel, i was ment togo out with some friends bowling on sat night, but didnt really want to leave sophie, i completely trust DH but it didnt feel right leaving... so her been sick was a good excuse for not going!!

AJP i have been doing the same thing. dh has gone out now and evie's in bed asleep, so maybe it's best she stayed home!

IKWYM girls, I work on the weekends & sometimes it just feels wrong to leave Jovie with DH. Even though I know he's fantastic & can look after both girls I just don't want to leave Jovie.

We've just had a very unsettled hour there, luckily she's back asleep so I hope thats as far as we get *fingers crossed*

Hi Girls.

Hope all sickly babies are on the mend and mums are getting their sanity back.

Guilt is a funny thing but i say go with your gut. Mother's instinct is a strong thing. I've only just started realising it myself I felt guilty for not giving ella up to be baby-sat but MIL but then i didnt really need to IKWIM... Now she's refusing the bottle i cant give her to anyone. Hahaha

Christy - Did jovie cope well with the fever as well? What a brave girl. Ella gasped when she got hers and didnt cry because we were waving her toys in front of her.

So tired these days...feel like i'm coming down with something. I know i'm run down as i got a cold sore last week but its gone now. The hardest thing was not being able to kiss ella.

Ann

Christy - My DH is great with her too and ANN my MIL is lovely and the second person i wouldnt hesitate leaving evie with bar my own mother who isnt in the same state. but i just feel so much more protective now than i did when she was born. at first i would leave her with whoever offered (well pretty much just MIL and SIL) but now i feel like people dont know what she likes as well as i do and i hate the thought of evie getting frustrated when she just needs something really simple done for her, like putting her dummy back in at nap time or giving her her fave book...does that sounds like she's being spoiled?

Ann - nip that sickness in the bud before it gets you!! my FIL has had this bug too (gee...i wonder where evie got it from) and it's just nasty!

Whats the go with 'is online now' next to everyone's names? is it next to mine? i'm always here...you'd think i didnt have anything else to do!

Hit F5 Tara, that should help... Usually you would see a green circle if someone is online, but sometimes you need to refresh because you've loaded a page at the same time as something else happening on the server.

Ann- Ella is so cute!! It would be very hard not to kiss her when you aren't well!!

ahhhh super! thanks christy!
    how wierd is this. everytime i check on evie she wakes up 10 mins later. its like she knows ive stuck my head in and thinks shes missing something. she can have been asleep for hours or minutes but as soon as i pop my head in u can bet she'll be awake! grr!

Hi girls, hope all your darling bubbas are on the mend. I'm home from our little holiday in Noosa. We had a lovely time - there was a spa bath in the bathroom, and I had a spa each night with loads of bubbles and my book. It was wonderful. We even managed to get out to dinner by ourselves last night - nearly didn't go because Aston completely lost the plot. I think he was over tired and stimulated. plus he hadn't done a poo for 5 days! so I nearly didn't go...but in the end he fell asleep and we went. I'm glad we did because we got to have a conversation without any interuptions. very novel indeed.

I stopped giving Aston any solids after he hadn't pooed for 3 days, and when we finally arrived home this afternoon - he delivered lol. so I'm a bit unsure whether to hold off with solids again, or go back to giving them to him. all too hard!!!!!! He wasn't upset, or not himself - not sure what to do...

He has had a busy 3 weeks, with all the visitors, and doing lots of new things - rolling around, sitting by himself, squealing, whacking things, and his hands on the table, using his finger and thumb to flick the tags on his toys.... wonder when he will add sleeping through then night????

Sorry no personals...but I do hope all those sick bubbas are feeling better soon...

BTW - got an airwrap today - from Big W. Thanks Kim for mentioning them. I will see how it goes tonight.

cheers

Vicky maybe start with pears? with no rice cereal or anything just to help his body adjust to solids and pooing. I know that pears are easy to digest and they help fight constipation so maybe they are a good first food I know thats exactly why I started Jovie with them, pumpkin made her tummy ache & constipated her so I waited 5 days and then started with pears & she's been good ever since, even having pumpkin.

Hey Vicki

good to hear u had a nice time a way...and that u got away to have dinner!
    maybe like Christy suggested try some pear, i think thats easy for them to digest..goodluck

Tara- dp and i have had a few words when he has said he was taking Emelia out when she was younger and i dont know y but i just didnt like her going without me i trust dp and it didnt have anything to do with him, i think it was the fact he was taking her to MIL and i get a bit p!ssed at her cos she tends to do things her way without asking Dp or i. like u said about noone else knows when she just wants her dummy!!!

Ann - it must have been very hard not to kiss Ella! i love checking out the new pics on ur blog shes so cute.

AJP - good to hear Sophie is getting better

Kim - hows everything going??

Emelia had a very big sleep earlier from 10 - 12..she is asleep again now. Dimetapp seems to be doing the job. she has her needles wednesday, i think it will be fine this time as last time she wasnt to bad.

blanche - men are from mars! btw - they might not give emelia her needles if she's sick.
    vicky - how much was the airwrap if u dont mind me asking? glad u had some nice 'you' time.

aaahhhhh sophie has gone down hill big time!!!!!! coughing her little lungs out, sounds like she's been smoking all her life!!! really came on overnight, cool chilly air. anyway off to chemist this morning and got script for ab's filled out and got some demazin just wish i could blow her nose for her!

Vicky gald you had a great time in noosa, very jealous of you!!

Ann sorry about the cold sore, have to teach her how to blow kisses

ajp - i've told evie to cut down to a pack a day

AJP - sorry to hear Sophie's gone down hill. Poor little one. I'm sure the ABs will bring her back to her normal self pretty quickly. But i know how you feel about giving them to her - I hate taking them myself.

Coldsore has gone. Took some Lysine and it cleared up pretty quickly. The chemist said Zovirax was a no-no for BF mums.

Blanchie- Emelia is so cute! I'm a sucker for chubby little cheeks and arms

Ann

new thread time girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678