Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006

Thanks for sharing your story AJP, and i think its great that you are talking about it and i hope that it helps

Congrats on your daughter

I agree thankyou for sharing the story AJP. I refused pethadine with Ashton as it too did nothing for me the last 2 times apart from making me sleepy. Really did nothing for the pain. I hope you feel a bit better with being about to get it down on paper so to speak.

Love

I actually dont mind pethadine, i think i might of cried for it actually lol, but you are right about it not helping with pain, it just helps for resting between the pain and i kind of like how it blocks stuff out, but thats just me

AJP thank you for sharing. It does sound pretty intense... and it can be so confusing when everything gets going too. I know the drip with syntocin is supposed to make your contractions more "effective" but for me with Matilda it was like going from niggles to being hit by a truck in 10 minutes. That almost put me in shock so I can totally understand where you are coming from. I guess thats why this time around I was so adament against having the drip.

So how is your little girl going?

Jovie is a sleeper atm (I know things can change) and DH & I are loving every minute of it!! Yesterday she fed & then slept for a few hours & then fed and slept... and thats it! Crazy.... Matilda at this age was screaming for up to 4 hours at a time. So we are feeling soooo good. Jovie grizzles and cries when she gets tired but I'm feeding her to sleep and she actually does it! YAY...

sounds like she is coming along wonderfully Christy. Will be interesting to see how she turns out sleep wise compared to matilda. You'll probably find her to be a breeze LOL.

Love

I know the drip with syntocin is supposed to make your contractions more "effective" but for me with Matilda it was like going from niggles to being hit by a truck in 10 minutes.
    I so agree! I was so scared of having an induction this time round & thats why.

Inductions dont sound good at all!! Have seen them on tv and they dont seem the best, so will feel lucky that i havent experienced one myself

Christy: Glad that Jovie is going well for you, Cooper is pretty well much the same, a sleeper

Hi,

I had my baby on Sunday 5th November. She was due 23rd November. Her name is Serenitee Annaliese Zayvia. 5pd 11. 43cm long. 31cm HC. She is smaller than my 35 wker was.

I look forward to getting to know you all better. I already know Naomi, she was in my belly group.

Congratulations on the arrival for Serenitee. Look foward to getting to know you. I should be in this thread but Ashton too arrived early

Love

thanks for reading guys,i felt heaps better after talking to DH on sat night, but writing it down also helped as i have something to go back and read from time to time just in case i forget. being induced was the only thing i wanted to avoid, even had acupunture booked in for the thursday!! never got there though.
    definatly dont want an induction next time, but because my waters had been broken for 24 hrs, i didnt have a choice and i understand things dont always go as planned, but at the same time i know what i want for next time.
    Sophie is going well, gained 100g in the first week then 260g over the next 5 days!!, feeding every 3--5 hours and not complaining, wish the 5 hrs was over night!! length from 50cm -51.5cm and head from 35cm to 35.3cm, so all good. we went out today to show her off to work collegues so shes a little tired now, so she had boobie then bed.
    cristy i hope Jovie turns out to be good sleeper!! but i'm like you, knowing that things can change in a heart beat, enjoying it while it lasts.
    congrats kristi on the birth or serenitee, when does she come home??

Yeah well things changed today hehehe... spoke too soon!!! She was awake from 6.15am-10am and really unsettled the last 2 hours... windy, kept falling asleep & then waking up pulling her legs up & crying & I would pick her up & she would fart or burp and then be awake and want more boob... she seems to be very hungry, hmmmm.... then she slept 3 hours and has been awake for almost 3 again really unsettled but not screaming or anything, just windy... gave her a massage & mum is walking around patting her atm to give me a few minutes off. Hopefully it will settle & be a windy day LOL

Hi,

Thanks for the welcomes.

I think i may have confused some of you when i said Serenitee is smaller than my 35 wker was. My last baby was born at 35 wks, Serenitee was born at 37wks 3 days.

We spent 6 days in hospital and are both at home now.

We had our first health nurse visit today. Serenitee is not doing so good in the weight dept. She was 2570gm born, 2530gm on friday and 2480gm today. She is 9 days old and hasnt regained her birth weight again yet. This is concerning because my last baby was and still is "failure to thrive", i really hope Serenitee isnt FTT.

Goodluck with serenitee's weight Kristi. Ashton who was born at 2630g (5lb 13) dropped to within 20g of 10% of birth weight lost and a couple of midwives were close to putting him back into hospital. Thankfully he picked up when the final decision was going to be made.

Love

Hello all...Going okay. Jovie still sleeping for 3 hour stints but then she feeds & takes an hour or two to settle back to sleep. She seems windy... So I am following my instincts with that She slept last night from 12-6am!!! OMG! My boobs had a chance to recover from all the cracks that are feeding a windy baby.

great sleep she had Christy and glad things are going ok, Cooper was pretty bad last night but did sleep overnight once asleep

what a fantastic sleep Christy!! I hope her wind issues settle soon and that those dreaded cracks heal quickly.

Love

WOW christy, 6 hours sleep!!! you go girl!! longest we fo for is 5hrs but thats through the day would be nice if ti was over night!! Just started to express today need some for fri night and sunday night, only got 20 mls so have lots of work to do!!
    Sophie has eye infection so i tried to squirt BM in it, missed and got it all over her head!!! was pretty funny, she wasnt impressed though, hopefully will clear up over night and we can avoid a trip to the Dr's.
    Kristi i'm glad serenitee is home and hpoefully she'll start putting on weight soon.

AJP - if you keep missing her eye you can sterilise a teaspoon and put EBM on the teaspoon and pour it onto her eye. Ashton had conjunctivitis last week and that is what another mum told me to do, but I was okay with aiming for the eye LOL

Love

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast