Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006

hmmmm.... maybe she's working on them all night long.

Jovie seems most unsettled in the mornings so maybe we should bath her then rather than night. I've been doing massage in the mornings and she feeds for hours in the mornings on/off the boob until she does heaps of farts and then she sleeps for hours.
    I don't want to brag but OMG at the sleep! I fed her at 9.30pm and then Matilda woke up at 1.30 and I woke Jovie up again to feed her while Matilda had us up and then Matilda woke us up at 6am again!! I can live with this... Jovie's night feeds are dictated by her big sister waking us up LOL. I wasn't going to ever wake a sleeping baby but it just seems to make sense feeding her while we are already awake... and she would sleep longer otherwise.

Rofl @ the awwww yeah face Fiona. I could just picture that.

Christy - sounds like Jovie is enjoying the sleep thing which is fantastic, so you so deserve that

Love

I would probably do the same thing Christy. I know if I have stayed up or am awake for what ever reason & know that I am likely to have to wake again in an hour or so I will wake to feed.
    I think I would still wake to feed even if I knew she would sleep through longer. I don't think my boobs would allow an all nighter!

Yeah woke her up last night at 3am because she'd been asleep since 9.30 and my boobs were exploding. Took 90 minutes to feed her because she kept falling asleep... then I woke up in excruciating pain with my left shoulder, I fell asleep with her still in bed with me & apparently did some nerve damage over night, sort of like when you wake up & your arm is numb, but mine felt like it was pulled out of the socket. DH took me to emergency because I took panadol & had a hot shower & then was crying it hurt so bad, he said I was in worse shape than all throughout labour. So had an ordeal today... the Dr gave me some medication & I only took half the dose & got home to check & see if it was okay & it turns out it goes through your milk and to be advised from a Dr... well I was but I wasn't happy with it because its an opiate. Jovies been sleeping soundly all day. She is overdue a feed so I will wake her up because I want to make sure she's okay.

Thanx 4 the warm welcome ladies.

FionaJill- Where do I post the birth story?

Is it normal to have lots of energy? I dont remember being this energetic after I had Xander. He was just as good a sleeper as Baylee is, but I feel amazing.
    Also, I havent had the baby blues yet with Baylee, do you always get them or not? I had the blues with Xander, but he was taken away from me and sent to the NICU at another hospital because his jaundice was so bad they nearly had to give him a blood transfusion, so that could explain why I was sad after I had him.
    I dont mind that I havent had I cry, I'm just worried that I could be out buying groceries or something and I breakdown coz they have run out of tomatoes or something.LOL

You can post your birth story here in the birth stroies thread

LOL Robyn, I haven't really had the blues yet either. And I do have heaps more energy. Jovie sleeps a lot better than Matilda does. And her birth was a lot easier so I sort of figured that comes to play as well. I've had hormonal bursts but not as bad as the first time around. I think the second time you sort of figure that you will be emotional and give yourself a bit more of a chance than the first time.

Thanx FionaJill, I've just finished it so you can read it if you like.

I'm glad I'm not unusual Christy and the shopping centre will be safe. Maybe the birth and being second time around does make a difference, coz Baylees birth was alot better than Xanders also.

Funny you should say that girls with the easier birth and blues relation. I never really had the blues this time either and Ashton's birth was alot better than both kameron and Lachlan's

Love

Hmmm... very unsettled baby again. Yesterday I was given some pain killers which put her to sleep for hours & then she was up most of the arvo, then every 3 hours she woke last night & this morning is unsettled again... I "think" its that 10-14 day growth spurt. She only wants the boob. Where as when she was windy she was happy with having a dummy through the rough patches and then would spit it out now she only wants boob... nothing else & no one else will do. Hard when Pete is back to normal work hours so this morning getting Matilda ready for day care & Jovie crying in Mum's arms it was so hard to concentrate and get anything done... I was frazzled. Ah well... will get there At least the first 2 days are day care days and then we just have to get through Wed-Friday. Thursday we have a playdate here in the morning so that should help heaps, and Wednesday we may venture out somewhere fun with Grandma... maybe to the park or something not too big. I just figure if Jovies going to be unsettle I may as well be out of the house than trying to get things done here with a crying baby. She seems to fall asleep as soon as we leave the house & then wake up as soon as we get home, so if I think she needs a sleep we'll leave LOL...

Awww Christy. It is hard to find that balance with 2 isn't it. It will get better though I had to smile at the sleep while out and awake as soon as she is home line though. Typical kid LOL.

Love

Christy: Just had to say ouch to the shoulder! hope you are feeling better now

And i never got the blues with the last two either, did with first one due to traumatic birth experience, i think that birth experience has a lot to do with how it works with the blues afterwards, i know with Mason i was on a high and had so much energy but i think it was because i was just so happy that everything went well, not as much energy this time lol, the novelty wore off quicker

Rofl @ the novelty wearing off Belinda

Love

curlylocks11 Guest

Christy - i hope that it gets easier for you, i've got dh around for 2 more weeks then i am on my own with the two kids, so i'm hoping it won't be that difficult... A 19 month old doesn't really have any patience yet..

Yeah having DH back at work is hard. I thought having Mum around would make it easier but not really... its handy when Matilda wants something & I am feeding or when I need to be with Matilda & Jovie is unsettled. But its not the same as having DH here. Ah well... We get him for almost 2 weeks over Christmas so that will be wonderful. We are actually planning a trip with the 2 girls, Mum & I up the coast for 2 nights, bit scary... but Mum comes to Australia to help out & I feel like I should go somewhere with her. & it give DH a break from all the hormonal women in his house

I am sure your 2 nights away will be lovely Christy.

Love

Hi Ladies, thought I should introduce myself, seeing as how I have been lurking around for a couple of weeks now. I will just manage to slip into this forum with the arrival of my little boy next Wednesday.

It has been a refreshing reminder of what to expect with a new born reading your posts, simply because it has been over 8 years since I had one!I am going out of my mind with boredom at the moment, but know that will all rapidly change very soon. It some ways in feels like I'm doing it again all for the first time, because my other children are so big, and are at school. I'm more then a little nervous about it all, and worry about whether I will remember how to "do" it all.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Goodluck with next week Vicky and I am sure you will be fine with remembering it all. My SIL had a baby back in May and that was her first in about 8 years as well. She said it all came flooding back

Love

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast