Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006

Hi Vicky, there not frothy just green!!, have noticed she also chucks up now where she never used to, so i guess it probably is my milk.
    Good luck for wednesday you must be very excited now!!!

I always thought green poo was to just get rid of excess iron out of the body, like adults changes colour when they start taking iron tablets

Christy: Hope he stepped up in the end, like having an extra kid at times i think

Cooper slept from 9.30 till 6am when Bill woke him up so very happy with that, hope he keeps it up

Day sleeps today are a little harder due to Bill not sticking with it yesterday, been in over 6 times again so far to resettle him

I can't ever remember Kameron having green poo on breastfeeding 'cept when he got gastro at 8wks old but that was a mucousy green poo.

Ashton has been drinking heaps today, probably cause the weather is a tad cooler again. Still 28c but a cool breeze blowing through.

Love

thanks guys for all the help, just spoke to MIL who's a midwife, she said like vicky that she is probably getting too much foremilk, i often have to top her up, but it's nothing to worry about!!!
    kathryn- is it going to be hot there again this week? it's suppost to be 36 here on thursday(vic) so not looking forward to that, i really dont like summer, bring on winter!!!

we've already had 40 degree days! That was back in October. It was 38 here the other day though I HATE SUMMER

Hi,

I havent been around BB proparly for a good week now, you forget how busy you get with a newborn. You do a feed, do a few things and by the time your finished its time to feed again. Im thoroughly enjoying it though.

Good news on the weight front for Serenitee, she finally put on some good weight and in one week went from 2480gm to 2690gm, so im happy about that. We also got her on some good reflux formula so shes stopped vomitting, isnt constipated and is gaining weight.

She had a restless day yesterday though, everytime i layed her down she would scream, she just wanted to be upright, in the end i put her in the baby bjorn and did stuff with her in that.

Does anyone else have a baby that doesnt like being undressed? Through every nappy change and after her bath until she is dressed Serenitee screams her box off, she cant stand it. People tell me she will stop doing it but shes 3 wks old now and still doing it.

I hope all Nov babies are thriving

Good to see you back kristi, i'm glad serenitee is putting on weight!!! have you tried some massage when she's undressed? then maybe she will associate naked with good things!
    Fiona i'm with you, I HATE SUMMER
    i'm having DD weighed tomorrow and i'll be interested in how much weight she had put on

Kristi: I find if they dont like being naked in the bath that i throw a face cloth over there chest, seems to give Cooper comfort and worked with Mason who also didnt like having clothes off much

Kristi - Ashton is just over 6 weeks and still hates being naked LOL. He does like being in the bath though. What do you bath Serenitee in ?? All my kids hated the baby bath in which they would scream the way through it, so I bathed them in the laundry tub and never had an issue again.

Love

Ella is the same. She hates being undressed and taken out of the bath - being nude. She doesn't mind the bath once she gets in...

We had our first weighing last week and she's put on 600gms in the first two weeks.(where she was only suppose to put on 300)

I was worried she wasnt getting enough breast milk because she only feeds for 10mins. but i guess she is! She just doesn't want to open her mouth after she detaches and either falls asleep or starts wriggling around.

I've been wondering if i try and feed for longer whether she'll sleep for longer.

AJP - We are experiencing the same thing where she's OK with the overnight feed/sleep. But during the day she just cant settle. Last week it took me 4hrs to get her back to sleep!

Ann

Hi Ladies, I havent been around much as Im just getting over a really nasty bout of gastro. Nick was so worried about me that he ended up taking me to the hospital. I must say he has been wonderful, hes been doing all the housework and doing everything for the boys, just bringing Baylee in to me when he needed a feed.

Xander has been a bit loud too of late, hes been going up to Baylees crib and shouting at him, not nasty or anything, just like "Hello Baby" or "Theres my baby" and of course Baylee has been waking up. Which has been a real pain lately since Ive been sick.

Baylee has been feeding heaps lately and not sleeping for as long also, though it has been hot and dont they feed more when its hot. Oh here we go again, my little man has woken up, I'll talk to u all later.

Kristi, Macauley is the same, he screams when he is naked and when i change his nappy,

Robyn, i hope you are on the mend hun

I had the hospital home midwife come to visit on Friday, and Macauley is gaining good weight so she is pleased and we don't need her to come out again, we also have the CYH people coming out on Thursday to weigh him again just to make sure everything is ok

Just wondering, Macauley went from last Saturday until Friday when our gp suggested using suppositories to do a poo, now i know this is common in breastfed babies, but how long would any of you let babies go before getting concerned about it?
    The whole suppository thing was an awful experience for Macauley and me So i would like to avoid it in future

robyn - I hope you are feeling better. I am pretty sure that breastfed babes are meant to feed more when it is hot, but Ashton does the opposite and sleeps more LOL

Naomi - Can't help you on the poo situation, Ashton probably goes too much rofl.

Love

Naomi the midwives at the hospital told me 4-5 days before you get concerned. We hardly go 4 hours atm without a poo.

Naomi - that sounds a bit full on for a little baby. But i guess they wouldnt suggest it if they haven't had done it before.

Robyn - rest up and let Hubby spoil you. Andrew was fantastic as i was recovering in the hospital and at home too. We're lucky girls

Ella had a bit of a rough morning at 5am with a rumbly tummy (wind??) but finally got to sleep at 6.30am and slept to 9.30.

Andrew is back at work today. I'm keen to start a routine with Ella - Do you guys think its too early to start?

Ann

Hi everyone!
    Thanks for the help with the poo situation LOL

Ann, i don't think they are ever too young for some kind of routine, all 3 of mine have always needed a routine, otherwise our house turns to caos

Kathryn, how is Ashton coping with our hot weather?
    Macauley hadn't really noticed it until our air con spat the dummy We've got someone coming out this afternoon to fix it

Macauley is sleeping heaps today, i'm having to wake him for feeds, he seems fine, just tired i suppose.
    I have ordered a hug a bub and i can't wait until it arrives, we haven't bought a pram for him yet because i was going to try and get away without one, but we need something, he gets too heavy being carried everywhere.
    Well, gotta go and get the last of my xmas shopping done, and then organize Nicks birthday which is next week :eek:

I hope you all have a great day!

WOW at organising the birthday & Christmas...

Fiona I'm about to post in the breastfeeding forum if you could check it out it would be great

Ann, I've always thought that having a routine in the first 6 weeks is scary... I've let Jovie determine the main part of the routine, which is basically a feed & sleep cycle. With Matilda though she desperately needed a routine and it too around 12 weeks to figure that out. I think if Jovie was unsettled, then I would start thinking about routines.

Shall do!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast