Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006

Belinda - I'm in the Noosa Hinterland in a little town called Pomona. Beautiful place, and about half an hour away from everywhere - from Nambour to Maroochydore to Noosa. Thanks to the good old Bruce Highway.

Reading your posts girls reminds me so much of what I'm in for.... eh gad - but then on the other hand, at least I'll be doing something! At the moment I'm going spare with boredom. As my other two are at school, and everything else is done, just waiting waiting waiting - which I am sure you all remember! only five more sleeps...

Ah my sister and her kids lived out there for a few years, well Cooran but i am sure its near there

I am on the coast in sippy downs, so at least we arent nieghbours as such lol, that would of been too much spookyness for me lol

Hope your appointment went well yesterday and i do remember before Mason that wait was long with Luke at school

Although must say even with having Mason running around here the wait was long in the end with Cooper too, i think that last month is long regardless

Belinda - yes Cooran is the next suburb from me. my appointment involved lots of waiting for various people yesterday, and I had a hypo while I was at the hospital (I have Gestational Diabetes) which wasn't very nice, knocks me around for a bit for the rest of the day,, so I was cranky and tired when I finally got home. but at least I am officially booked in and come next Wednesday, mid morning hopefully I will be holding my little man. It was good to find out that now they send Bub with you to recovery, unless there is something wrong, so that was nice to hear. Hope the Disco is fun...lol. I have that one to look forward to in a couple of weeks.
    have a good weekend all.

Well i hope wednsday comes around quickly for you

And disco was ok, Mason had a great time, besides trying to go through handbags and steal cans of drink lol

well our magic 2 weeks are over(i think) i wasnt expecting it to last but...we hit 3 weeks and things are a changing, i know she;s probably having a growth spurt but i also really underestimated how alert she would be so young, being a first time mum i dont really know what i'm doing, so just fumbling our way through.

DD sleeps pretty well still at night as in easy to resettle after feeding during the night, i just put her back down, but during the day she is very hard to settle takes well over an hour, i sometimes need to top her up if it takes more than a hour or so, i know this is normal but i guess i had it easy during those first few weeks. so i have some ?'s for you guys-
    after a feed should i keep her up for play time? if so for how long i dont want to over stimulate her or do this for every second feed?
    her poos the pastfew days have gone form mustard colour to green is that normal?

thanks heaps guys any help is great!!

Some say that Green froffy poo indicates that they have had a bit of wind.
    but It could also be something you have eaten coming through your milk.

mmmm Play time, I would play it more by ear. She isn't goin gto want to play after every feed. Isla likes to sleep in in the morning so when she wakes for the day so to speak at 11am ish, she has a feed & then will be up for an hour or so & then is ready to go back down. She will also have a period of awake time after about 4 or 5 pm.
    Just watch for your tired signs. If Sophie is a wake & alert after a feed then she will probably be happy for a bit of play time. When she starts to grizzle & throwing her fists about (jerky movemnts) its a good sign she has had enough. HTH's

Ditto to what Fiona said I know that Jovie seems heaps alert but she gets tired very quickly & is easily overstimulated. ATM we're passing her around the house because she's heaps unsettled and had 2 HUGE feeds and just can't get to sleep so everyone gets her in 15 minute turns to try & settle her & give each other breaks.

thanks for your advise Fiona, i just fed again, seems to be 2 hourly today and she was sleepy so i put her down and she's asleep for now anyway!!! hope it stays that way for a few hours, how is Isla going?

we must have been posting at the same time christy!!! it's such a fine line with play time and overstimulation!!finding the balance and doing what i thinks right at the time, though i dont always get it right. she slept for 7.5 hours last night!! couldnt beleive it so hopefully her night routine will stay the same.
    i hope you get Jovie settled soon lucky you've got some extra hands today!

Isla has her moments. She is getting harder to settle during the day but I think she is becoming more alert to the boys etc.
    Its funny how I am having to re train DH into realising she is still a new born. he worries that if she sleeps all day she will party all night. So he is forever saying, don't you think you should wake her up?

LOL Fiona both Mum & DH keep saying that same thing!! Wake her up... ah well.. the other thing is they talk to her & hold her up to look at her & I keep saying "She's tired, please settle her..."

sounds like good advice given, and i think your doing a great job for a first time mum, i still get confused by it all with the third time, so you should feel good about how you are going with it all

Cooper is back to his old ways now thanks to DH, he didnt want to go to sleep is all i hear, what he means is he couldnt be bothered going in and out over and over to settle him so doesnt bother worrying about it, so Monday i will be back to square one again with him, but not much i can do i guess

I have had an unsettled baby here today too with the warm weather. He doesn't do warm weather well. He is of course dead to the world now and has been at 6.30pm so if he is still asleep at 10ish i will wake him and feed him so I can go to bed and get a decent few hours sleep and not goto bed at 10 to possibly have him wake me at 11 or 12.

I lost the plot today, kids had **** everywhere and Andrew decided to goto bed at 4pm. So I lost it loud enough for him to get up and pull his finger out. I said I can't be bloody everywhere 7 days a week I need breaks too !!

love

sounds like Bill today, although he was good this morning but then the novelty wears off for him, and he reports every single thing and i think yeah so? Welcome to my life monday to friday!

Mason is driving me mental with how loud he is, wish he would just tone it down a bit, but i am hoping he just grows out of it

Went out to shops today, took Mason cause i knew Bill would not handle the three of them well as he was already in a mood, Mason was good out though, we were gone for ages, takes so long to get anything done at shops now christmas is near

Hope tommorow is better anyhow

LOL Matilda has been having huge LOUD tanties everytime (or so it feels like) Jovie is trying to get to sleep.

twoh. DH was the same here yesterday, totally unable to help out with what was going on. We had a dinner party last night with our closest friends but the thing was Dh for some reason was unable to cope with the responsibility of JUST Matilda. Urgh... not even helping with food or Jovie.... I got so cross I told him to go to the shops with a list & leave Matilda at home & come back when he could start helping around here. LOL. Don't come back until you can be an adult.

Yippeee, got DD to sleep after only having to resettle once, best it's been for days, she woke at 5.30 fed, 9.30 fed went for walk and played fed at 11.30 and then to bed just the one grizzle which i went in and shhhed to her and bingo she's aleep...sooo i will work on that, whopps spoke too soon, she' awake darn it, waiting waiting waitng all looks good just a grizzle i hope!!!

Fiona i know you said green poo could be wind or something i've eaten, but i havent eating anythnig different and it's avocado green!!!! WT

started to use my cloth nappies yesterday, the first two leaked, my fault, so hopefully today;s will work, made the pocket nappies from the kit i got from bubba earth, so fingers crossed

sorry for the long post, DH working all weekend and had work christmas party last night so i'm craving a little adult interaction, seen DH for about 1 hour all weekend so far but he's home tomorrow

I wouldn't worry about it. Green poo is pretty normal I reakon.

Hi AJP,

sorry to stick my two cents worth in - just remembered something from breastfeeding my other two children. (hmmm maybe it will all come back!) sometimes green frothy poo can be a fore/hind milk imbalance. the fore milk is the stuff that comes out quick in the beginning when you first let down, and the hind milk is the bit that they have to work a bit harder for, and apparently is thicker and lasts longer in their tummies. When they get too much fore milk, they can get a pain in their tummies and do green frothy poos. Have a look a breastfeeding website, i'm sure there is one around. A girlfriend gave me a fantastic breastfeeding book when I had my DD. I hope that this helps a bit. (made me feel a bit better - nice to know that I still have information lurking around in the depths of what feels like at the moment an empty head - lol)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast