Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006

Yes it sure does come flooding back, you will be fine and the older kids will be great, i enjoyed the big gap myself best of luck that all goes great for you

Thanks girls....I hope your right about it all coming flooding back. I so looking forward to meeting this little man.

Belinda I noticed that your eldest is 8 like my son, and shares his birthday with my daughter. just trivia I know - told you I'm bored lol

LOL its interesting though

LOL @ the trivia. BB has lots of intersting little trivia bits like that

Love

I just realised you live in the same area too

Thats spooky, are you stalking me lol, you did say you were bored haha

LOL Belinda I hadn't even noticed that one! Did you have Cooper at Nambour? Wow what a small world!

yes it is lol

And yes i did have him there, i am actually from the october parents group but was due in november with him so kinda float between them like i did with due in groups

Hi Ladies,

Just found this thread! Ella was born on the 5th of Nov at a chubby 3.9kg.

I'm still recovering from the forceps delivery and the dislocated tailbone but all seems good down there. I've been having nightly salt baths for the stitches and that helps provide some pain relief for the tailbone too.

Ella is doing well. She's put on lots of weight since coming home. On the boob shes become a little expert at emptying them in 10mins! But then it takes us a hour to settle her back to sleep.

Christy - great to hear Jovie is a sleep champion. Ella is still not sure what to do with sleep despite the constant rocking/singing/patting.

Ann

Welcome to the thread Ann !! and congratulations on the birth of Ella

Love

Its quiet in here!! Welcome Ann great to see you on this side!!

We are going well, Jovie still sleeps well at night which is great, she wakes twice most nights. Unfortunately when I am putting her down to sleep in the early morning, Matilda tends to wake up 30 minutes later which is exhausting. Matilda's sleep is a lot worse since Jovie's come home but we expected that. Hopefully another week & she will settle down.

Jovie will have 1-2 big sleeps a day but the rest of the time is very windy & going through that first growth spurt of feeding on/off for hours then sleeping for a few hours & then feeding for a few hours. I'm okay with that because at least I can feel that I have enough milk for her. Last time I had no idea with breastfeeding and couldn't tell if my bb's had anything in them. I never had firm breasts until Matilda was around 6 weeks and it only lasted 2 weeks... so this time it all makes heaps more sense

How is everyone else going??

Belinda - I had to laugh - yesterday DD and DS were lurking over my shoulder, and they both noticed different things about your signature. DD honed right in on the DOB, and DS on the names of your sons, he has Cooper, Luke and Mason in his class at school. I had to explain to him that they weren't all 8 like him, just Luke was. lol. I had to also explain that the Sunshine Coast was a very BIG area. Oh they're funny aren't they?

have a good day ladies, hope you all had good nights - well as good as it can get with a new born. Off to the hospital today for the last check up and pre-admission appointment - by this time next week he will be in my arms not my belly!

Well I have a spewer! Isla is a pig, who can't handle her boob juice! Most of feeds she is ok with, BUT if she has the hiccups she wants to comfort suck. When she does I usually know what is coming but I don't have the heart to take her off. With in minutes of me thinking I should take you off, she turns into a fountain of milk! It just spews out all over me, boobs, clothes, arms, legs & what ever I am sitting on! The other day it was even in my shoes!

I am sure the thread will pick up soon enough for you Christy. Great to hear that Jovie is still sleeping well for you. Got to love those growth spurt times don't you. I think we are currently going through the 6wk one with Ashton, all he wants to do is feed again at the moment and is waking 3 times a night instead of the usual 2 or even 1

Hope Matilda settles down again for you soon.

ETA - Ewww at all the spew fiona !! I complain enough when Ashton does a tiny bit LOL. Could not imagine that much coming out of him LOL

Love

you made me laugh Fiona!!! in the shoes!!!,
    well i think Sophie is in her 3 week growth spurt more unsettled as i was anticipating, ok still at night feeding then straight back to sleep it's during the day she's hard to settle and she's more fussy at the boob, roots around even though my nipple is in her mouth and gets fustrated dont know whats happening there,
    Went to the U2 concert on sunday and it was fantastic though i left home in a flood of tears, didnt think it would be that hard to leave her.
    does weight loss impact breast milk production? i have this constant fear that my milk will dry up!
    hope everyones bubs are good and growing big!

hey

Christy: Hope that Matilda fixes up them day sleeps for you, i was doing the tag team thing myself, but seem to of got them close to going to sleep together for now, but we shall see

Vicky: Yes they are funny lol, and so glad i dont have three 8 year olds like your son thought lol, that would of meant i had triplets at some point in life, no thanks
    So have to ask what area you are on the coast to see if it gets any more spooky lol
    Best of luck with your apointment today, not long at all now to have that baby in your arms

Fiona: Cant relate to the spewing, Cooper was laying across me last night and done a fountain that completely missed his whole body but got all of me

ALP: Glad the concert went good for you and hope Sophie settles back down during the day for you soon

All is good here, Cooper slept from 10pm till 4am overnight so that was good, he is doing well with the day sleeps getting settled in bed, took awhile just before though but nothing dramatic, he settles straight away once you go in there and pat him for a minute

Parents are back today so Mason is all over them, even Luke was all over them lol, he has been housebound with the Chicken pox so i think he was craving company other than me too lol
    Last edited by Belinda; November 23rd, 2006 at 02:42 PM.

AJP - Ella is the same. She'll do 2/3 nightly feeds, which i have no problems settling her. But during the day she struggles to sleep. Yesterday it took us 4 hours to get her off to sleep. But she will sleep for a lot longer. (usually 4hrs)

Belinda - What's the secret to settling them so quickly. Ella wants the works - rocking, walking, singing etc..

Fiona - LOL at the milk fountain. We had that the other day as she was sucking on a dummy. afterwards she looked at us so innocently...

Ann: You just have to be strong and put her into bed and be prepared to go in there over and over to resettle her but its still better than rocking them in your arms for hours and hours, well i think. At this age though i will only let him cry for less than a minute before i go in and resettle him with a rub on the back, trick is dont let them get eye contact with you at any costs, thats when you start to feel sorry for them lol
    I went in today over 5 times but he is still sound asleep now, probally took half an hour in there before he settled down, anyhow its working for me so far, still have some times when he is unsettled and have to hold him of course, its not all perfect going

ETA: Thought about what i put here last night and thought i would add that with Luke the above never really worked for us and we did try earlier, but i dont know if that was because we were first time parents or he was just a high maitenence baby? Anyhow just thought i guess the babies nature has to be taken into account as well

On a good note though Cooper slept most of the night last night and only had to go in and pat him once today for his nap, so getting there

have a school disco on tonight, so not looking forward to it at all
    Last edited by Belinda; November 24th, 2006 at 11:37 AM.

I think the overtired thing comes to play as well. I've noticed with Jovie is that I see she's tired & put her down where as with Matilda I would try to figure out what was wrong for a while & wind up stimulating her more... and then she would be overtired & its so much harder putting a baby to sleep who has gotten overtired.

*hugs* Ann its really hard. Yesterday it took us 2 hours to get Jovie to sleep in the arvo because she had gotten overtired & worked up & its really stressful trying to help them out & get them to sleep. Matilda never just "went to sleep" she would scream for hours and hours. She had reflux & no methods worked except wearing her in the Hug-a-bub sling. I tried everything & we went to sleep school...and in the end I think like Belinda said you find what works for your baby. Matilda loved the bum patting thing... she loved having us in the room with her as she was falling asleep & we couldn't look at her while settling her either.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast